#1 Edited by Racob7 (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

I see some issues with it but could Daredevil drive a car? I don't think he could.

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes...?

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6236 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can do everything he does already with his radar powers, would driving a car really be so much more difficult?

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can do everything he does already with his radar powers, would driving a car really be so much more difficult?

This. The dude is a superhero but he can't drive a car?

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (40680 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (13846 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't his radar thing amplified by sound? So surely the car wheels, engine and everything as well as traffic would be enough to fill his radar?

#7 Posted by Racob7 (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I just don't see how he could read the labels on various buttons or on dials and such, but then again I know very little about him.

#8 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

there is a joke here

#9 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

He could probably drive but as Racob said he would have a problem distinguishing a red light from green, ect. Also he mentioned in a fight with Crossbones that he can't see flat patterns, so STOP signs would be unreadable.

#10 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

he can technically, im sure his radar sense would tell him about objects around him, but it can't show him fine details like what a sign says or what color a light is, unless he just did what the other cars around him were doing

#11 Posted by dondave (35988 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably could. but I wouldn't want to be in the car with him

#12 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

With todays technology cars can park in by themselves and they can give off alarms due to sensors, so including his own radar sense i'd say absolutely.

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11358 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

He probably could. but I wouldn't want to be in the car with him

In Daredevil 8 by Stan Lee he was said to be an expert driver,so no worries lol

#14 Posted by Cooldes (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! stop lights guys... stop lights.

#15 Posted by Gamora616 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

With his enhanced senses that are multiplied a great amount, I don't see why not. But street lines and lights might be a bit of a problem. But yeah. Multiplied senses such as his, shouldn't be a real problem.

#16 Edited by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Though wouldn't it be weird if you're driving and you see a blind man in a car driving too?

#17 Edited by Gamora616 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Though wouldn't it be weird if you're driving and you see a blind man in a car driving too?

I don't think anyone is saying he should or no one would freak out about it, it's just the question of if he could do it or not. Which he could lol.

#18 Posted by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

how far are we talking?

#19 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, in fact he could, with his radar sense. But to maintain his secret identity he shouldn't.

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait! I got it. First get a car with a quite motor, like the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer. You cant even hear those btches turn on. Then, he could listen for the clicking of the lights from red or green, the sound of the drivers next to him pressing the breaks, ect.

#21 Posted by Racob7 (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

He could probably drive but as Racob said he would have a problem distinguishing a red light from green, ect. Also he mentioned in a fight with Crossbones that he can't see flat patterns, so STOP signs would be unreadable.

Some signs would be recognizable by shape, so that isn't a huge issue. I'm worried about knowing what speed he's going or how much gas he has, etc. (He couldn't read labels)

#22 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: This should be an arc. Like some baddie puts Matt in a Transporter 3 type situation where he is forced behind the wheel of some experimental sports car. The villians goal? To make Matt kill others or himself. The moment he steps foot outta the car he is dead, he stops for more then an hour..dead. And the only one who can save DDS life? Well Quicksilver of course.

#23 Edited by cameron83 (7142 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

#24 Edited by Racob7 (5526 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5499 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Not legally

#27 Edited by d_bones (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

in man without fear he drives.....poorly crashing into things but got the job done

#28 Posted by Hit_Monkey (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he's ever learned to drive what from being legally blind since childhood. Daredevil can't drive. He doesn't know how.

#29 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

He couldn't tell the speed at which he was going, or tell the color of stoplights. Stuff to that effect.