Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Wolverine's son have a child with Wolverine's clone?

#1 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how far south they live

#2 Posted by impossibilly (885 posts) - - Show Bio

They could. But they shouldn't. Why, you ask?

• Daken is dead. I'm fine with Laura being in Avengers Arena, but not with her being a necrophiliac.
  • Daken would be a horrible father (if he came back to life. He'd probably make a better father dead than alive).
  • I have no interest in reading Uncanny Appalachian X-Men.
#3 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Damn that cracked me up.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean should

@impossibilly said:

I have no interest in reading Uncanny Appalachian X-Men.

"Squeel like a Blob-bie"

#5 Posted by michaelthemighty17 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

yuk but thats if she survives avengers areana

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

What he said, lol!

#7 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Asagod: yes, he could.  Absolutely.   I'm not guessing here... My PhD is in bioengineering and i understand what human cloning is.

A couple of things to remember here:
  1. Laura is not a true clone of Wolverine.  Remember that the 23rd chromosomes for men is an X-Y pair.  For women, it's X-X.  There is no way Laura could be a true clone of Logan.  And that is covered in the series.  The Dr. Sarah Kinney (who created Laura) used her own X chromosome in making Laura because she did not have Logan's complete genetic material.  Though Laura is often referred to as a clone, she isn't truly a clone, but she IS very close to being a true clone.  If she were a true clone, she would be EXACTLY like Logan.
  2. If Laura was a true clone, she'd be a man, and no, she and Daken couldn't have children
  3. Daken and Laura, technically, are brother and sister.  Brothers and sisters CAN have children, but they shouldn't.  Not only because.. EWWWWWW....  But genetically it's a bad idea.  Inbreeding brings out the weaker traits and OFTEN leads to mental instability.  There's a plethora of data on this... 

I hope that helps.

#8 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Thanks for the explanation.

#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@Asagod: yes, he could. Absolutely. I'm not guessing here... My PhD is in bioengineering and i understand what human cloning is.

A couple of things to remember here:
  1. Laura is not a true clone of Wolverine. Remember that the 23rd chromosomes for men is an X-Y pair. For women, it's X-X. There is no way Laura could be a true clone of Logan. And that is covered in the series. The Dr. Sarah Kinney (who created Laura) used her own X chromosome in making Laura because she did not have Logan's complete genetic material. Though Laura is often referred to as a clone, she isn't truly a clone, but she IS very close to being a true clone. If she were a true clone, she would be EXACTLY like Logan.
  2. If Laura was a true clone, she'd be a man, and no, she and Daken couldn't have children
  3. Daken and Laura, technically, are brother and sister. Brothers and sisters CAN have children, but they shouldn't. Not only because.. EWWWWWW.... But genetically it's a bad idea. Inbreeding brings out the weaker traits and OFTEN leads to mental instability. There's a plethora of data on this...

I hope that helps.

The Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2

#10 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

LOL

#11 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly said:

• Daken is dead. I'm fine with Laura being in Avengers Arena, but not with her being a necrophiliac.
  • Daken would be a horrible father (if he came back to life. He'd probably make a better father dead than alive).

[no comment on point one]

Agreed on point two.

Still laughing like a fool at part three.

To directly answer OP: Physically, yes. However the answer to pretty much every other question on the topic, especially should they, is the loudest NO I can possibly muster.

#12 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@evilvegeta74: Is that a comic book arc?

@impossibilly said:

DUDE!!!!  What are you doing!?!?!  You CANNOT say things like, "Uncanny Apalachian Avengers" here in comic vine!!!   Quesada could be watching!  he could be looking for ideas!!!  and you just gave him one MOTHER of an idea... Sigh... If this happens, it'll be ON YOU!!!  LOL!!!!
#13 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope that x-23 will not eat her babies.

#14 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4770 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and then maybe their kids can play with Wanda and Quicksilvers kids... ya Sicko XP

(+)

#15 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was a strange anime maybe

#16 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly said:

Uncanny Appalachian X-men has Eisner winner written alllllll over it!!!!!

#17 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8819 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

lol!

#18 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@evilvegeta74: Is that a comic book arc?

@impossibilly said:

DUDE!!!! What are you doing!?!?! You CANNOT say things like, "Uncanny Apalachian Avengers" here in comic vine!!! Quesada could be watching! he could be looking for ideas!!! and you just gave him one MOTHER of an idea... Sigh... If this happens, it'll be ON YOU!!! LOL!!!!

It's a movie about mutated imbreeds

#19 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam: Why on earth would she do that?

Also, as one who lives on the Appalachian Trail (well, not literally on it, but folks walk past my street all the time who are following it), I think in hindsight associating Appalachia with inbreeding doesn't really make sense.

#20 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

it just crossed my mind. I heard that she is some kind of mental unstable and sometimes feral. So im not so sure.

#21 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam: Point me in the direction of whoever gave you that idea, and I'll be happy to kill them.

Okay, not really, but that's an infuriatingly bad interpretation of my favorite character, heh.

Please go read X-23: Innocence Lost. You'll find a really strong, emotional story, and a really cool character.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (23969 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura could do much better than Daken.

#23 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@akbogert: I LOVE the Appalachians!  Once, way back when I lived up near DC, I took a half day of vacation just to drive through the Appalachians in the fall when the leaves where turning.  

Also, spent a day at the Shannandoah National Park.  Beautiful.  A couple years back I hiked up springer mountain to where the Appalachian trail begins (or ends)...  That was a great hike...
#24 Posted by impossibilly (885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@impossibilly said:
DUDE!!!! What are you doing!?!?! You CANNOT say things like, "Uncanny Apalachian Avengers" here in comic vine!!! Quesada could be watching! he could be looking for ideas!!! and you just gave him one MOTHER of an idea... Sigh... If this happens, it'll be ON YOU!!! LOL!!!!

@danhimself said:

Uncanny Appalachian X-men has Eisner winner written alllllll over it!!!!!

I think I finally figured out how to break into the industry. I'm sending the proposal for UAX to Axel Alonso right now. Patent pending. Patent pending. Patent pending.

@akbogert said:

Also, as one who lives on the Appalachian Trail (well, not literally on it, but folks walk past my street all the time who are following it), I think in hindsight associating Appalachia with inbreeding doesn't really make sense.

You're right. It was a cheap joke. I could change it to Uncanny Alabaman X-Men and still keep the initials (Just kidding Alabamans! I love your state!).

#25 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just... no. Biologically, yes. But... yeah. No.

#26 Posted by c2thaj (51 posts) - - Show Bio

They'd come out with 6 claws on each hand.

#27 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats freaking disgusting.

#28 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@chocobojam: Point me in the direction of whoever gave you that idea, and I'll be happy to kill them.

Okay, not really, but that's an infuriatingly bad interpretation of my favorite character, heh.

Please go read X-23: Innocence Lost. You'll find a really strong, emotional story, and a really cool character.

I would highly recommend this book (and Target X) Laura is just so cool in both books.

#29 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

They could...but it would be fukin gross considering it would be like Daken knockedup his Dad/Sister.

#30 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be weird...

#31 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: as soon as i read point 3 i pictured this wierd looking, white hair, red eye,bent claws, Hill-have-eyes grotesque inbred version of Wolverine, had me cracking up for an hour

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

LOL

#34 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they could have kids and their Kids could play around with Lyra and Skaar kids -_-

#35 Posted by judasnixon (6494 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ha ha... Their kid's mutant power would be having an extra cromosoma.......

#36 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@kid Apollo said:

@Timandm: as soon as i read point 3 i pictured this wierd looking, white hair, red eye,bent claws, Hill-have-eyes grotesque inbred version of Wolverine, had me cracking up for an hour

Uh-oh!  If Quesada sees what you wrote, it could very well end up in the comics!!!!  :-)