#1 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce had a large amount of prep time could he defeat the world's mightiest mortal

#2 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

It would take an insane amount of prep time and more than a little cheating (getting help or finding some magic bull malarkey)

#3 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea Batman could beat Shazam because he is 10 times smarter. Bruce's mind >>>>teenager

#6 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I don't know, haven't read any Shazam so I'm kinda going based off what I know of Captain Marvel. *Shrug*

#9 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by sage1000 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Bruce can stand a chance against Shazam, is the only way he has ever stood a chance against the heavy weight characters. PIS

#12 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Billy is so inexperienced makes him vulnerable. Bruce could possibly outsmart him because of that.

#13 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Miller writes. Wanks Bats. Bats win.

#14 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@mysterioususername: do you know about black adam

I know a bit about Pre-New 52 Black Adam, just the basic stuff really.

#15 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylvain: o well in that case Batman may lose

#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Miller writes. Wanks Bats. Bats win.

Bat wank. the strongest kind

#17 Posted by MarlboroMan (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@mysterioususername: do you know about black adam

I know a bit about Pre-New 52 Black Adam, just the basic stuff really.

In New 52, Black Adam killed by getting tricked to change the form.He has the exact same wisdom powers

#18 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman couldn't beat Shazam.

I thought you meant Bruce Banner at first.

The Hulk couldn't beat Shazam either. :p

#19 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

got two words for you. sonic grenades.

#20 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

got two words for you. sonic grenades.

I heard Sonic had 25 different milkshakes. I had no idea about the grenades! :O Is a grenade a type of drink?

#21 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

During Teen Titans, while Freddy was in his CM3 form, someone, I can't recall, may have been future Tim Drake. He had a voice system of Freddy Shouting Captain Marvel reverting him back to his normal state. I'm sure Bruce has some contingency plan or it.

#22 Posted by MaccyD (4964 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep time :P

#23 Posted by ccraft (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL BATS NEEDS IS TO RECORD SHAZAM'S VOICE SAYING SHAZAM

Easy win!

#24 Edited by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Not how that works. The word has to be said by Captain Marvel (recordings don't cut it) and with the conviction of wanting to change. That being said, yeah, I think Batman could take Captain Marvel with the appropriate prep time. I base this on the fact that Batman can take Superman with the appropriate amount of prep time (not here to debate that), so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with one of his counterparts.

EDIT: Maybe saying it 'shouldn't be too much of a problem' is misrepresenting the situation. I don't mean to say that taking down Captain Marvel would be easy for Batman. That would never be the case under any circumstances. I mean that he will have taken down a super of comparable power levels before, so it wouldn't be an impossible feat. It would still be a long, grueling fight.

#25 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Easy win!

I would die laughing if Batman did that, and the lightning bolt struck him instead of Shazam!

#26 Posted by ccraft (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

@ccraft said:

Easy win!

I would die laughing if Batman did that, and the lightning bolt struck him instead of Shazam!

LMAO I would die if that happened :)

#27 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman couldn't beat Shazam.

I thought you meant Bruce Banner at first.

The Hulk couldn't beat Shazam either. :p

#28 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: he would be more difficult than clark

#29 Edited by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

i think so

#31 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@end_boss: he doesn't have a weakness that is easy to use against him

#32 Edited by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Every hero has weaknesses. Just because they're not easily used against them doesn't mean that Batman wouldn't be able to take advantage of them with sufficient preparation time. I mean, there's no reason to go into a theoretical play-by-play, but Billy Batson is a kid, and that naivete is both part of his charm and a weakness. Also, there are people Billy Batson, if not his marvelous (HAH) counterpart, care about... if there's one thing the world's greatest detective ought to be able to do, it's find and exploit them.

EDIT: I'm not trying to diss Captain Marvel, by the way. I'm actually a fan. I just think that giving Batman an indeterminate amount of preparation time against a known opponent in his universe is like telling Tony Stark the name and specifications of any given super in the Marvel universe and letting him have his time to tailor a new suit, as it were. You're really stacking the deck against their opponents.

#33 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

A voice recording of Billy saying Shazam. One shot.

#34 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: I doubt that would work and he could just move out of the way if it happened

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Likely.