Could Brian Wood's Star Wars series continue over at Marvel?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Poll Could Brian Wood's Star Wars series continue over at Marvel? (7 votes)

Yes 14%
No 86%

What I mean by this is that Brian Wood is writing several books for Marvel at the moment and has been involved with Marvel a great deal in the past. He's currently writing the Star Wars series which takes place in between Episode IV and Episode V in the EU continuity. Wood is experienced with Star Wars, has ties with Marvel and can write a damn good story. So the question is will Marvel recognise that and bring his Star Wars series over or at least put him on one of the new Star Wars series Marvel will be writing?

Feel free to discuss and debate below.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I don't think so. Wood's Star Wars had a lot of potential, but it's been mostly disappointing.

The same goes for his X-Men (first two issues were good, but he really dropped the ball after that).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I doubt it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In all honesty, it would make sense for them to just rebrand it as a Marvel title since their own writer is already on it (and just release the previous issues in trade) but from a business side, they'll probably just reboot everything Dark Horse has ever done.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No, I'm pretty sure Dark Horse still owns that story even after they lose that rights, they just cant do anything with it.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hmm curious... So far everyone that's posted has said no yet 17% of the votes say yes... no good phantom voters.

Anyway.... No. I think it would be an interesting concept but it would never happen.