No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can maybe see a hardcore, seasoned GL like Abin Sur being worthy. Maybe Supes (depends on the circumstances). Aquaman is stretching it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Which version of Aquaman?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I can maybe see a hardcore, seasoned GL like Abin Sur being worthy. Maybe Supes (depends on the circumstances). Aquaman is stretching it.

Superman can't lift it. Why would Aquaman be stretching it?

Which version of Aquaman?

Current.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not IMO

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: If Superman can't lift it, why does that pompous fish-man have a chance?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

@jonny_anonymous: If Superman can't lift it, why does that pompous fish-man have a chance?

Arrogance is something Mjnoir is comfortable with in a warrior like way. Arrogant people like Bor have been able to pick it up.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@wolverine08 said:

@darthmummy said:

Arrogance is something Mjnoir is comfortable with in a warrior like way. Arrogant people like Bor have been able to pick it up.

Arthur isn't really that arrogant anyway...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: True, was just pointing out that arrogance wouldn't necessarily disqualify him from picking it up.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: True, was just pointing out that arrogance wouldn't necessarily disqualify him from picking it up.

I agree.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see somebody like Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel picking it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. I mean he has similar traits to Thor but outside of justice league I read no aquaman stuff so I wonder is he always willing to put others before himself and his pride? He's a hero so I'm sure he is. He probably has all the right traits to be worthy but I think the person has to be worthy in Odin's mind as well. I don't like the idea of others lifting mjolnir because a bunch of heroes have those same traits. Not everyone with those traits should be able to lift it, otherwise dozens of people would and it wouldn't be special anymore.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: There already a whole bunch of people that can lift it like Beta Ray Bill,Bor,Juggernaut, and many others.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By frozenedge2

I would think he'd be able to

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

As for the question, yeah, I'd say he could lift it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: beta ray bill is basically just another Thor, bor is Thor's grandfather so of course, juggernaut rode the hammer, he did not actually lift it. I know some people can lift it but it shouldn't be that many people. Also remember that some people have only lifted it to bring it back to Thor when he couldn't reach it, so those people don't count either

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

I can see somebody like Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel picking it up.

I doubt Billy could, he doesn't have the heart of a warrior.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Understandable but im sure some of the Asgardians can lift it as well. There are a handful of people that are worthy of lifting Mjolnir.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@jayc1324: Understandable but im sure some of the Asgardians can lift it as well. There are a handful of people that are worthy of lifting Mjolnir.

im actually pretty sure thor is the only asgardian to ever lift aside from maybe his father. Not many characters have truly wielded the hammer, they gotten around the rule like rulk in space and phoenix scott by grbbing his wrist, but usually it takes a pure heart, and you have to be true warrior, also being one thor's shield brothers, as odin likes to say, helps. and sometimes despite all that it can be really random, but not that many people have been deemed worthy

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

im actually pretty sure thor is the only asgardian to ever lift aside from maybe his father. Not many characters have truly wielded the hammer, they gotten around the rule like rulk in space and phoenix scott by grbbing his wrist, but usually it takes a pure heart, and you have to be true warrior, also being one thor's shield brothers, as odin likes to say, helps. and sometimes despite all that it can be really random, but not that many people have been deemed worthy

Bor and Captain America have lifted it

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance said:

@zhurong said:

Bor and Captain America have lifted it

wasn't sure about bor but I knew about cap, (the whole boyscott/seasoned veteran of war I think more than qualifies him though)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance: I see no reason for shouldn't be able to lift it, but I read cap only lifted it to return it to thor??

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@mrvalance: I see no reason for shouldn't be able to lift it, but I read cap only lifted it to return it to thor??

hmm....if supes couldn't do it aquaman cant ( supes is WWWAAAYYY more pure of heart, you have to do a lot of grey stuff as a king) cap actually fought sin with it, I forget exactly what happened after but I don't think he could lift it again after. now that I remember cap believes IT choose him and its implied in only went to him for when he needed it( so he wouldn't be beaten by sin like bucky)

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kk people ijust had a eureka moment, IMO supes couldn't lift the hammer because he was lacking in the seasoned war veteran department(at least in the same context as people like thor,cap,bor, bill who have all spent years at war) and I believe aquaman wouldn't be able to lift it because he's lacking in the pure of heart department( at times I believe he's been unwilling to defend people who live on land, and the weilder of the hammer has to defend all of midgard) I feel like this is a solid explanation but as always just IMO

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...I doubt it.

Wondy, Supes or Capt Marvel probably could

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@mrvalance said:

kk people ijust had a eureka moment, IMO supes couldn't lift the hammer because he was lacking in the seasoned war veteran department(at least in the same context as people like thor,cap,bor, bill who have all spent years at war) and I believe aquaman wouldn't be able to lift it because he's lacking in the pure of heart department( at times I believe he's been unwilling to defend people who live on land, and the weilder of the hammer has to defend all of midgard) I feel like this is a solid explanation but as always just IMO

That isn't true at all. Aquaman just killed the Karaqan because it was attacking the people on shore, despite the fact that he knew it would enrage his own people because it was seen as an idol to them as it protected their ancient atlantean continent.

Geoff Johns even said at one point "Aquaman protects the sea from the land and the land from the sea"

Besides. I fail to see what pure heart has anything to do with it. Thor isn't a boyscout.

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why not? He's a warrior, a noble king, and an honorable hero, I'm certain he would be thought of as worthy in Odin's eyes.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@theacidskull: Reasons why?

Eh...I doubt it.

Wondy, Supes or Capt Marvel probably could

Billy and Supes aren't warriors.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@jonny_anonymous: I agree that Billy isn't as he is a child, but Superman is certainly a warrior. It's just that he uses his fists and powers as weapons.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: Just fighting doesn't make you a warrior, especially someone who is slightly more pacifistic as Supes. Supes couldn't lift it in Marvel Vs DC and that's how I would see it playing out. It's the same reason why the Silver Surfer couldn't lift it when he tried.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't see why not.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i never meant to offend or imply all these heroes wernt noble and, well heroic. for supes this happened in a crossover, he couldn't liftit and while he is a hero and a fighter and has even fought armies, he's never tech been to war, as for aquaman if were talking new 52 then im not sure but im was under the impression in general as king he has had to favored land over sea. while i don't think boyscott is the right word for thor, the world is very black or white for him. its either good or bad and usually when he makes a choice he truly believes its the right, noble thing to do. can the same be said for Arthur?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@mrvalance: I see what happened in the crossover as what would actually happen. Superman isn't a warrior and he wouldn't be able to lift it for the same reason Silver Surfer can't. Aquaman doesn't favour the sea or the land and he's far more sure about himself than Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance: I see what happened in the crossover as what would actually happen. Superman isn't a warrior and he wouldn't be able to lift it for the same reason Silver Surfer can't. Aquaman doesn't favour the sea or the land and he's far more sure about himself than Superman.

....hmm.... i personally get the feeling Arthur has been forced to do things he doesn't see as right, but im not the dc expert

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

....hmm.... i personally get the feeling Arthur has been forced to do things he doesn't see as right, but im not the dc expert

What things would that be?

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrValance

hhmm....not sure anymore must do research, soul searching, and math....

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Havenless

For some reason when I saw Aquaman I was thinking Namor, and I just came in to say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NO!!!!!!!!!!

But Aquaman? Hmm... there are a lot of Marvel champions that can't even lift it, it's pretty hard to tell who is exactly worthy.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still not sure, i was just in an illumanti thread and the idea for a dc illmunanti came up, someone specificly said it wouldn't have batman cause of his morals, and that it would have the heroes wiling to kill and play dirty, among them were aquaman. i know its just 1 guys opinion but he seemed know dc way better than me at least......

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrvalance: Of course Aquaman is willing to kill

sorry im not well versed on aquaman, but IF you would consider aquaman a candidate for a dc equivalent of the illumanti im pretty sure thats a no go on the hammer IMO

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@mrvalance: Of course Aquaman is willing to kill

sorry im not well versed on aquaman, but IF you would consider aquaman a candidate for a dc equivalent of the illumanti im pretty sure thats a no go on the hammer IMO

The only reason he would be considered for it is because 1. he would kill and 2. he's king of 80% of earth

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i can only see Diana lifting Mjilnor.

She's from a warrior race and she is the finest of them in battle, she's even the god of war now. She's certainly noble enough to do the deed and kill when the need arises. Plus, she's a princess destined to be queen.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can only see Diana lifting Mjilnor.

She's from a warrior race and she is the finest of them in battle, she's even the god of war now. She's certainly noble enough to do the deed and kill when the need arises. Plus, she's a princess destined to be queen.

The only thing in that statement that doesn't apply to Arthur is him being the god of war.

I don't really have an answer to the question, since everyone has a different standard for what it takes to lift Mjolnir and I don't really care either way, but just saying. Atlanteans have a pretty war raged past, even had their own continent. Aquaman is the best of them, is of noble descent and IS the King.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy said:

Bor only picked it up because he is Odin's father.