#1 Posted by GroovyAsh (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Absorbing Man essentially become Sandman, with a bit of practice?

#2 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I never heard of Absorbing Man. What can he do?

I'm guessing he absorbs stuff so yeah, I guess he can.

#3 Edited by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say no but looking at some of the pictures in his gallery changes my mind. It would only be for how long the change lasts though.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6428 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, maybe. I think he could turn into sand, but I'm not sure how much control he would have over what form he was in.

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6428 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames: He takes on the form and properties of things he touches. Like if he touched metal he would become like metal, or by going in the sea he can become water and pretty much mix in and disappear.

#6 Edited by danhimself (22631 posts) - - Show Bio

you should check out ....it was one of the Earth X books...where they had him absorb a super computer or maybe Ultron or something along those lines...it's been a while since I've read it and I'm having trouble remembering the details but he finally realizes what he can do with his powers and he becomes like the biggest threat the planet has ever seen

#7 Posted by mikex20 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he would have the control that Sandman does. He should steal Captain America's shield, and be unstoppable.

#8 Posted by GroovyAsh (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Yeah, I don't know why he became such a 'jobber'. If you think about it, he's got one of the most powerful powers ever. What's stopping him from absorbing Adamantium or Vibranium or something? I wonder if he could absorb a Symbiote if he touched Venom or Carnage.

#9 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

I think with Absorbing man he would become sand, but he wouldn't have the power over sand that Sandman has.

I agree he is a beast of a character that gets no love. He's like the Wrecking Crew, powerful, tough but sometimes their inability to think gets in the way.

#10 Posted by Juiceboks (9808 posts) - - Show Bio

Most certainly. Though he probably wouldn't have the same propensity for manipulating sand as Flint does.

@groovyash He absorbed Mjolnir before. Don't know how much more OP you can get with that powerset.

#11 Posted by GroovyAsh (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Could he absorb more than one thing at once? Like, have one arm Mjolnir, the other Adamantium and his chest Vibranium or something?

#12 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

not exactly

#13 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4391 posts) - - Show Bio

He HAS absorbed adamantium before. In like Quasar (original run...Wendell Vaughn.....#3 i think?) Acts Of Vengance crossover...he and Quasar faught and at the time Creel though it was smart to keep a piece of adamantium in his pocket at all times due to it being the strongest substance around (damn good idea and smart for him, he's usually a dumbass).too bad he absorbed Quasar's quantum bands and essentially blew himself up/dispersed self (not enough control over the energies). Check the issue out, it was pretty cool.

#14 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

The Absorbing Man would be able to take on the physical properties of Sandman's body, but he wouldn't have the ability to shape shift, and form weapons with his hands, as the Sandman does.

#15 Posted by GroovyAsh (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@chalkshark: I only ask because he makes weapons out of metal and all that, so why not sand? Like, his hands turn into hammers and stuff. That's why I added the practice bit, because it'd take time to control the density of the sand.

#16 Posted by Juiceboks (9808 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Could he absorb more than one thing at once? Like, have one arm Mjolnir, the other Adamantium and his chest Vibranium or something?

I vaguely remember him doing something like that at one point.

#17 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@groovyash: If there are stories were the Absorbing Man has been able to transform his hands into weapons, then I haven't read them. He carries around a ball and chain, but he's always had that. It has the same absorbing powers he does.

#18 Posted by SC (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he just needs to touch some of The Cure albums and Peter Murphy black shirt.

Moderator Online