#1 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Im usually a proponent of the less clothes the mantra when it comes to female characters in comics and manga but that's recently i've come across a picture that made me think otherwise so i was wondering what others would think do you like cool female characters or sexy female characters

Cool

Or

Sexy

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of them this is the best one:

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she is cool and sexy in both. but I prefer that a female character is more than just eye candy, because any female character can be drawn "hot", but if that is all she has going for her then the inevitable artist switch is going to be hell on her likability.

#4 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I didn't mean this so much to be about the character's personality I meant it more as do you like your female characters to look cool or look sexy

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@Blood1991: I didn't mean this so much to be about the character's personality I meant it more as do you like your female characters to look cool or look sexy

Well that is slightly more complicated. I think it depends on the character, but I tend to go for characters with more unique and cool looks over the character in the nylon bikini. Like I like Raven more than Starfire and I like Kitty more than Emma. I like to look at Starfire and Emma, but I don't like them as much so I suppose Cool>Sexy.

#6 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

No question, cool. I love the photo provided by Ms Omega as it does Wonder Woman's physique justice. Maybe they can work on the poses, that would go a long way. :)

#7 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: thats funny cause i have always found raven and starfire to be very sexy and cool characters i see what you mean with kitty and emma i have always found emma more intereesting story wise but her personality really throws me off at times

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@Blood1991: thats funny cause i have always found raven and starfire to be very sexy and cool characters i see what you mean with kitty and emma i have always found emma more intereesting story wise but her personality really throws me off at times

I think most female characters do both pretty well and I like Starfire and Emma, and think Raven is hot too, but Starfire and Emma are their teams "sex" symbol.

#9 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Very true. Speaking of Starfire i like her new 52 version alot better not so much because of her new costume though i do like that but i like her hair alot more it looks way cooler than the older version that looked like it had perpetual 80's glam metal hair and i like her attitude too she seems more serious and less emo, maybe because in the new 52 her planet wasn't destroyed . . . oh wait its about to be in the new green lantern corps

#10 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik: Old Emo Starfire will reborn anew lol, maybe she will even perm her hair in sadness. Thus adding her to the characters assassinated in the New 52 XD well not assassinated, but certainly not progressed.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have sexy when it comes to females, but why not both? Wonder Woman in her Amazon armor fits, and IMO the jacket and pants look isn't cool at all. But it is kinda sexy.

#12 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: yea i see what you mean but most people think that if a female character looks hot that automatically means that they have no other redeeming qualities i find alot of my favorite female characters to be cool and sexy i.e. Black canary

#13 Posted by acer51 (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one, I perfer the original costume but that's a bad picture of her in it.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20233 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't we have both?

#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@Jorgevy: yea i see what you mean but most people think that if a female character looks hot that automatically means that they have no other redeeming qualities i find alot of my favorite female characters to be cool and sexy i.e. Black canary

oh yeah, totally. My favorite is PowerGirl (the pre N52 version) and she fits that perfectly. A lot of people don't see past her "trophy hot super heroine" title, but she is so much more. Black Canary as well, and many others... but eh, I tend to ignore that

#16 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer the very first one

#17 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

One does not exclude the other. You can be cool and be sexy, and vice versa :)

#18 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I like WW's costume with the pants more than her common costume, besides the awful jacket.

#19 Posted by The Stegman (24333 posts) - - Show Bio

One does not exclude the other. You can be cool and be sexy, and vice versa :)

This, and She is a prime example