User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WarlordEternal

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Quite a few interesting points raised there.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

*slow clap*

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This guy is getting a sub.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This man is a real hero

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

STOP OBJECTIFYING SPIDER-MAN.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta see more of his videos.

Beata

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet this dude is going to get a lot of hate mail...

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is why I hate feminists

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girls wear tight clothes like that in real life...

Not seeing the problem.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good video.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Noone301994

Agreed. With everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God, the second coming of Jesus. Give this man the Nobel Prize.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we were over this :(

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By dngn4774

@maddox

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliant. Purely brilliant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Her ass isn't really that big.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By dernman
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The thing about art it's subjective....... That being said there is no way anyone can convince me that Spider-Woman is not overtly sexualize on that cover, and I'm cool with that. I remember when marvel put out Swimsuit Issues in the 90's. It's fine. Marvel can do what ever they want with their characters. Including making Thor a girl and Captain America black. People will bitch at Marvel for what ever they do, and trust me the people will bitch. "Marvel is too political correct with their pro-gay, multicultural characters." "Marvel is sexist, because there isn't enough female solo titles being pushed." Fans will complain, and they have every right to. You just might not agree with them, because art is subjective......

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Bumping for anyone who may not have seen this yet.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JakeN7

Cute video, and his points are solid, but I didn't appreciate his unprofessional aggressiveness and use of insulting slurs to people who can't defend themselves. Don't stoop to their level. Just because they're being unfair and not remaining impartial in their professional pieces of journalism, does not mean you have to do the same. Plus, being passive aggressive to the Hawkeye initative is not going to gain you any fans because a) It's extremely popular and remains entertaining while also bringing to light some uncomfortable patterns in the industry and b) because it has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

I mean jeezus, is anyone else disturbed by that neck?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

I mean jeezus, is anyone else disturbed by that neck?

yeeeeesss

thaaaaaaaank yooooooooou

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By buttersdaman000
No Caption Provided

That was beautiful....

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: He's aggressive, because that's how his character is. All of His videos are like that. It's nothing new for him to act like this. It's not like he acts like this just for that 1 video. He literally made a video calling people who like pepperoni a$$holes and idiots.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KittyParker13

I think it's crazy that this cover has received so much controversy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JakeN7

@jaken7: He's aggressive, because that's how his character is. All of His videos are like that. It's nothing new for him to act like this. It's not like he acts like this just for that 1 video. He literally made a video calling people who like pepperoni a$$holes and idiots.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just giving my feedback on this video. I guess context helps, but I still don't like the character or agree with the way he brings about his points.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It wouldn't be a Maddox video, then.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It wouldn't be a Maddox video, then.

Plenty of other YouTubers are able to use their characters for their regular videos, but talk as themselves when it comes to a serious discussion. Like Boogie2988 and his Francis character, for example.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jaken7: Except he doesn't break his narcissistic-like character for anything. Why should he break it now? It's not even a serious topic, it's just blown out of proportion. People really enjoy his character. It's not like being an a$$hole makes his points any less valid.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Except he doesn't break his narcissistic-like character for anything. Why should he break it now? It's not even a serious topic, it's just blown out of proportion. People really enjoy his character. It's not like being an a$$hole makes his points any less valid.

In my view, it makes them harder to listen to and take seriously.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: That's the point of his character. He wants to look like an @$$hole. It still doesn't mate his points less valid, though.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Straight killed 'em.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: That's the point of his character. He wants to look like an @$$hole. It still doesn't mate his points less valid, though.

We're running in circles.

You like the character, I don't. The end. ^-^

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I am being honest, I don't like the cover art in particular, but that is just my personal opinion due to design and coloring. Its not worth starting an controversy over and its just plain silly to say its "offensive".

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13 said:

If I am being honest, I don't like the cover art in particular, but that is just my personal opinion due to design and coloring. Its not worth starting an controversy over and its just plain silly to say its "offensive".

Agreed 100%.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was great.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: My Opinions>Everyone Else's

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jmarshmallow
No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@squares said:

I was disappointed too.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Superguy1591

This moron is a moron.

Here's the thing: The majority of comicbook fans are straight heterosexual men (over 90% of us are males; the 47 percent number are probably girls who think Marvel movies are "kewl" and that makes them nerds/comic readers).

Comicbook covers are drawn for men by men. Spider-Man being in the same pose as Spider-Woman is irrelevant. When most heterosexual men see Spider-Man posed like that, we don't care because it doesn't stimulate our senses. When Spider-Woman is drawn like that, it is drawn to make horny guys go nuts.

I don't know about most women, but some like to say that they like to be teased. They don't want to see male body parts shoved in their faces. Take a picture of your junk and send it to your wife right now, I doubt she would be amused at it.

Women and men don't operate the same way. We respond more to visual stimulation; they respond more to internal stimulation. That's why they can read crap like 50 shades of grey and get off on it while you and I will ask for the pictures.

Spider-Man and Superman aren't drawn the way they're drawn because artists are thinking that women would get so wet over this; they're drawn the way they're drawn because men will say "they look badass".

Enough of the false equivalency. Trying to compare men and women is like trying to compare black and white. They're not equals in our society.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_tree

This moron is a moron.

Here's the thing: The majority of comicbook fans are straight heterosexual men (over 90% of us are males; the 47 percent number are probably girls who think Marvel movies are "kewl" and that makes them nerds/comic readers).

Comicbook covers are drawn for men by men. Spider-Man being in the same pose as Spider-Woman is irrelevant. When most heterosexual men see Spider-Man posed like that, we don't care because it doesn't stimulate our senses. When Spider-Woman is drawn like that, it is drawn to make horny guys go nuts.

I don't know about most women, but some like to say that they like to be teased. They don't want to see male body parts shoved in their faces. Take a picture of your junk and send it to your wife right now, I doubt she would be amused at it.

Women and men don't operate the same way. We respond more to visual stimulation; they respond more to internal stimulation. That's why they can read crap like 50 shades of grey and get off on it while you and I will ask for the pictures.

Spider-Man and Superman aren't drawn the way they're drawn because artists are thinking that women would get so wet over this; they're drawn the way they're drawn because men will say "they look badass".

Enough of the false equivalency. Trying to compare men and women is like trying to compare black and white. They're not equals in our society.

This is just silly.

And where are you getting your statistic-- a credible source, perhaps? Did you go out and poll the comic book community? Of course not, you're just spouting off bad anecdotal evidence that has absolutely no proven truth to it. Maybe if you did have proven stats, you'd be onto something.

Comic book covers are not drawn "for men, by men" they're drawn by comic book creators, for comic book readers. Way to make a sweeping generalization not only about who's purchasing comics but also who's creating them. Congratulations as well on trivializing the female comic book fanbase.

"When Spider-Woman is drawn like that, it is drawn to make horny guys go nuts." Because it can't possibly be to make the character by the name of Spider-Woman look as if she's crawling around the in the contorted manner of a spider, that'd be too logical.

"Spider-Man and Superman aren't drawn the way they're drawn because artists are thinking that women would get so wet over this; they're drawn the way they're drawn because men will say 'they look badass'." But you think, inversely, that comic book artists (and these are straight, male comic book artists, as assumed by you, because women apparently don't work in the industry) are drawing women with the goal in mind of giving dudes erections? You think they're just sitting at their art tables going "Man, this is gonna give my audience a boner", and promptly high-fiving themselves?

'Cause, y'know, all straight dudes are just looking for some new some fap-material, and all girls are just reading comics to try and be hip. Very "kewl" of you to assume. Next time you think of posting something so silly,

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Yeah, sure...

- TAS

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree:

Where's my statistic from? http://www.boatbuildercomic.com/blog/women-dont-read-comics-says-dc-and-kevin-smith/

Unless you're trying to say that 41% of female comic fans are pure Marvel or the N52 pissed them off and they swore of DC comics.

A sweeping generalization? Over 90% of their audience is male, who else are they trying to appease? What sweeping generalization? Women don't read comics that much. It's still a medium for guys by guys; that is a fact! Even if you say my statistic is wrong, name me one prominent female artist in mainstream comics?

That costume has always been a tad too much for me. It's way too revealing and I feel like I could see every part of her if she swing past me in real life. Instead of putting in a position where you show off her @$$, the camera angle could've been positioned differently. I mean seriously, do you guys really think women see Spider-Man and think "I gotta fap to this!"? And do you think men see Spider-Woman, who is in a doggy style position, and think I gotta fap to this? I'm not even going to lie to you, I'm just not into drawings, but if that was a real women in BODY PAINT--that's what it is--with the camera positioned the same way in the same pose you better believe I would go to work on it. It was sexualized; don't deny it.

They're probably not as immature as you're portraying them, but you better believe they're drawing women the way they do because they know it sells. Take DC comics, I company I love and exclusively read, in the Justice League Wonder Woman is the only woman on the team and the only one who isn't fully clothed.

To DC's credit, they tried to give Wonder Woman a respectable suit, but fanboy rage went through the roof because Diana's suit is "iconic" and not because they're pervs. Batman's suit changes a lot, but no one bats an eye. Even Superman's undies were put away and eventually people accepted it, but giving Wonder Woman a new suit where she isn't in a one piece is the line most comic readers won't allow.

Living in denial is why racism, sexism and other forms of prejudice continue to exist in our society. You can act like it isn't so, but you're lying to yourself.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_tree

@superguy1591: Yeah, that stat makes sense for your argument. We're talking all of comics, not just DC. Prominent female artists? You mean like Amanda Conner, whose Harley Quinn has been selling in and around the top ten since its debut? Or how about Jordie Bellaire, one of the most popular colorists working today? Or Fiona Staples, whose series Saga is getting consistent praise and accolades? There's also Becky Cloonan, Nicola Scott, Sara Pichelli, the list goes on.

Not every image of a character is going to fit your specifics of what is or isn't sexual. As Maddox said in the video, anything can be sexualized if you want it to be. I didn't see it that way, and I'm sure before idiots started making controversy about it and blowing things out of proportion, most people didn't stay focused on the image for more than a couple of minutes.

Yup, I'm living in denial, that's it. It's not like I'm looking at it from a logical standpoint or anything.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RoboShark

Get over it. I don't get why this one cover has people harpin on the issue. We've all seen a lot more provocative art in comics than this. More to the point women are painted a certain way in a lot more unflattering ways than this in magazines, movies, and TV every second of the day. Should it change? Sure I'm for that. But good luck.Women got equeal rights a long time ago and their still treated a certain way today in 2014. Same with anyone else who isn't white with proper equipment between the legs. It sucks but unless we all take a stand which we won't, cause people don't march like they used to.