• 54 results
#1 Edited by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like DCs on a roll in the television department. A Constantine Tv show was just ordered by NBC. Its being written by the Mentalist Executive Producer Daniel Cerone and David S Goyer who does pretty much everything DC nowadays. This could be really awesome in my opinion if they aren't afraid to go too dark. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to include the link to the news as reported by deadline

http://m.deadline.com/2013/09/dc-comics-constantine-daniel-cerone-david-goyer-nbc-warner-bros-tv/

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see DC giving Constatine some love on the airwaves! Now if only we knew who's playing the guy.

#3 Edited by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but a show like this feels like it needs to be on HBO. At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if Jonah Hex get's a tv show.

#4 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Love this DC TV show thing!!!

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (26740 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised that this was not done earlier. Anyway, this is great news.

#7 Posted by bob808 (5353 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#8 Posted by The_Tree (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I look forward to seeing more of this. The two things that would sell me on it immediately would be: Making Constantine English and pronouncing his name properly, and giving the show a dark tone on par with Hannibal.

#9 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. And a JH tv show on HBO would be my dream come true!

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

\m/
BB

#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a shot. Arrow pleasantly surprised me, this might too.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Can't wait.

#13 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!

#14 Edited by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

I look forward to seeing more of this. The two things that would sell me on it immediately would be: Making Constantine English and pronouncing his name properly, and giving the show a dark tone on par with Hannibal.

Okay, you got me hooked. How is it pronounced?

(looked it up) Cons-ton-tine? (long i-sound i, like a fork tine) If so, I've definitely been pronouncing it wrong, lol.

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

Setting ourselves up for a JLD film are we? :P

#16 Posted by noj (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: Im not too sure theres ever been an "official" pronunciation. It varies between the Tine and Teen. I say it both ways sometimes. Heck the most "official" adaptation we've had (the movie) pronounced it teen

#17 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: Yea, I've been pronouncing it Con-sten-teen. ^I found that on the Wikipedia page for him, no idea where they got it from (didn't check if there was even a notation for it).

#18 Edited by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

How can there be a Justice League Dark film before the freakin' Justice League? If it happened then it'd be just as ridiculous as a Raccoon appearing on-screen before WW...

Anyway, I like this news although I don't understand why DC are selling their properties across 3 networks...

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Okay, you got me hooked. How is it pronounced?

(looked it up) Cons-ton-tine? (long i-sound i, like a fork tine) If so, I've definitely been pronouncing it wrong, lol.

BB

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

If it happened then it'd be just as ridiculous as a Raccoon appearing on-screen before WW...

Just like Howard the Duck before most superheroes?

BB

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

How can there be a Justice League Dark film before the freakin' Justice League?

No one said anything about that..

#22 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11610 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.

Now THIS is a TV show to be excited about, for sure.

...just wish it wasn't NBC.

Come on HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz/FX/AMC....ONE OF YOU NEED TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH SOMEONE!!!

#24 Posted by Pr0metheus (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he is played by Bill Cosby

#25 Posted by Eternelle (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

But no confirmed Wonder Woman in any form of Live Action...

#26 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@voleuse said:

There was that failed pilot. But I guess we'll ignore that.

#27 Posted by Eternelle (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

@voleuse said:

Confirmed and actually on TV, I thought that much was clear :P

#28 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@voleuse said:

@decoyelite said:

@voleuse said:

Confirmed and actually on TV, I thought that much was clear :P

I thought you meant confirmed as in, we know it really existed.

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11610 posts) - - Show Bio

@voleuse said:

It is getting silly at this point, that we don't have Wonder Women in some form of media.

I know they had a shitty pilot that failed and I know they heroine movies have not been great in the past...but come on. The time is NOW. Comic book based entertainment is taking over the movie and TV industry at this point and NONE of them feature a super powered chick.

No one at DC is reading this...but COME ON. JUST DO IT! I PROMISE I WILL GO SEE THE MOVIE AT LEAST ONCE... SEVERAL TIMES IF IT DOESNT SUCK!

#30 Posted by judasnixon (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who is scared of a Constantine TV show? As much as I love the character, I think I rather do with out..........

#31 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I think any comic character being turned into a live-action production could potentially be disastrous. But as a whole we love seeing our favorite characters "come to life"** so we've got to take the risk.

**Well, personally if there were a lot more animations (TV/direct to DVD) out, I would be fine with that...they get it better most of the time.

#32 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm alright with them pushing their lesser known characters out on TV. I just wish we got more live action movies and some more animated TV shows.

#33 Edited by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news. Keeping an eye on this for definate!!

#34 Edited by RogueShadow (7877 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be better on HBO. Or at last AMC.

#35 Posted by HeckTate (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they can do this character better than they did with the movie (shouldn't be hard, that's setting the bar kind of low). But I agree with the anti-NBC sentiment for this. I have nothing against the networks, but a character like this shouldn't just be cleaned up and made presentable for primetime.

#36 Posted by The Stegman (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be better on HBO. Or at last AMC.

Word.

Though, thanks to his performance as Spike, I always picture James Marsters as Constantine now, lol

#37 Posted by lifeboy (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

I will watch it. First Wonder Woman, then Arrow, then Constantine but I will watch the heck out of this.

#38 Posted by RogueShadow (7877 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Wow. Yeah, he'd be awesome as the big JC. I can't believe I never thought of him. They'll probably cast a 24 year old though or some stupid sh*t. Also, why the hell are they running 3 separate DC shows on 3 separate networks? Gotham, this and Arrow. They're not going to be able to create a unified and coherent universe doing this, or at least it'll be very hard.

Still, I hope this is good, Hannibal was such a pleasant surprise compared to the usual watered down Network TV, I hope NBC pull another rabbit out of the hat. Hopefully rotting and with fangs :/

#39 Edited by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really read anything with Constantine but he looks like a cool character, so I'm excited for the show too.

#40 Posted by Akindoodle (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine a DC show on HBO. No. Now a VERTIGO show on HBO....

#41 Edited by Deadite (16923 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I think any comic character being turned into a live-action production could potentially be disastrous. But as a whole we love seeing our favorite characters "come to life"** so we've got to take the risk.

**Well, personally if there were a lot more animations (TV/direct to DVD) out, I would be fine with that...they get it better most of the time.

The sad thing is most of them have short life spans. I'm not sure if there are as many good live action comic-book shows that got canceled early, compare to the animated ones. I could think of so many good animated shows that suffered this faith: Spectacular Spider-Man, Earth Mightiest Hero, Teen Titans, among other ones.

You would think it cost less budget so it should have more security...

#42 Posted by Strider92 (15268 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

#43 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

NBC is lame but its Constantine so I'll give it a shot.

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (9243 posts) - - Show Bio

Should've been on HBO with Del Toro as the producer not Goyer.

#45 Posted by 14NC3 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG YESSSSS!!!! I love Constantine! I wish it wasn't NBC, but I will definitely watch it!

#47 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10042 posts) - - Show Bio

A shot will be given for this show.

#48 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Wow. Yeah, he'd be awesome as the big JC. I can't believe I never thought of him. They'll probably cast a 24 year old though or some stupid sh*t. Also, why the hell are they running 3 separate DC shows on 3 separate networks? Gotham, this and Arrow. They're not going to be able to create a unified and coherent universe doing this, or at least it'll be very hard.

Still, I hope this is good, Hannibal was such a pleasant surprise compared to the usual watered down Network TV, I hope NBC pull another rabbit out of the hat. Hopefully rotting and with fangs :/

That's 4 separate DC shows, on 3 separate networks. The Verge reports, that The Flash is in development for CW.

#49 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news , ill give it a go. I'd be even happier if it were on HBO so they can go crazy with everything.

#50 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only hoping they don't try to make it too kid-friendly, but I'm sure it will be great either way! Can't wait to see how this goes.