Consider this about "Peak Human" Batman

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's kicked motorcycles in half. Punched reinforced glass inwards with his fist. He bench presses half a ton with no spotter as a part of his daily routine, as if it's cake.

No human could ever hope to do anything remotely close to these things. So, is Batman really "peak human"?

What you need to consider is that Batman is peak human in DC. This isn't humanity as we know it. We have no idea what the upper cap to humans are in this universe. Perhaps humans have a system similar to Bruce Willis in Unbreakable, where the more they push, the more they inch towards becoming what we would consider super human - but see, to them, that would just be peak human!

So the next time somebody tries to tell you Bruce is far above peak human, remind them that he's being described as such IN his own Universe, where that very well could be what humans are fully capable of.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rpgesus

Batman is peak human regardless of what you think or what he does

And it's all relative, if peak human is stronger in their universes, than to be superhuman you'd have to be that much stronger as well. Same gap in power

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman isn't peak human, he's a god.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya know, I agree with that. I always saw it as he achieved the same thing that super humans get instantly by working for it. In a way, he is kind of superhuman but isn't. It kind of reminds me of Rock Lee from Naruto... he worked his arse off (anybody who knows that much stuff has to work his arse) is not wasting time. AT. ALL. Probably sleeps two minutes a day, eats rocks and then smashes the remaining ones with thumb. Just cuz, ya know, he's the goddamn Batman.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Batman is peak human regardless of what you think or what he does

And it's all relative, if peak human is stronger in their universes, than to be superhuman you'd have to be that much stronger as well. Same gap in power

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

For the record, people can bench press over 1,100 pounds, but that's the upper limit and they can't do reps, so your point is still valid.

Also, the guy's who do that look like short, fat dudes. Batman would look ridiculous.

Personally, I like the idea of Batman being limited to actual human abilities. His vulnerability is a key part of what makes him interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is superhuman in real life, but peak human in DC. I think he would have superhuman stats in Marvel, considering how close he is to Captain America, despite him not having powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman comics are written for thirteen-year-olds who think stuff like mastering every martial arts style and beating up Superman is cool. Whether any of that is possible for a human to do is irrelevant.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324 said:

Batman is superhuman in real life, but peak human in DC. I think he would have superhuman stats in Marvel, considering how close he is to Captain America, despite him not having powers.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

@batwatch said:

For the record, people can bench press over 1,100 pounds, but that's the upper limit and they can't do reps, so your point is still valid.

Also, the guy's who do that look like short, fat dudes. Batman would look ridiculous.

Personally, I like the idea of Batman being limited to actual human abilities. His vulnerability is a key part of what makes him interesting.

That is guys who are extremely thick and usually weigh over 300 lbs, who are using benching vests, who have spotters take the weight off the bar for them and lay it on their chest and then who have short arms and usually only move the weight about 4-6 inches to get credit for their 'rep'. Its a huge difference to compare what Batman can do lifting wise and how these other guys do it. Huge.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

OP makes a good point

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Batman peak human. I'm much stronger. Batman can't even stop cars with one arm.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#16 stormshadow_x  Online

Yep. Haven't seen this thread for awhile :p