Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By Bierschneeman

@ccraft said:

@bierschneeman: I like most of the Marvel movies, but I personally prefer darker stories, and WB/DC deliver on that, so does Fox cbms. I don't get the one-sidedness though, why not just enjoy both for what they have to offer.

Exactly, Im sick of all the "you like MOS or TDK, so you must be a DC fanboy" or vice-versa. as far as darker stories... the darkest story in a CBM marvel has is Cap2...not that really dark . But Marvel has the have fun and party hard style movie covered (Like Iron Man)in a way that DC can't seem to get near.( heck can't even think of a DC character who would be good in the role of a "its fun to be a superhero" movie....maybe one of the batsidekicks, but generally most of their best characters are driven on a sense of work ethis and duty. not going out for Shwarma and Martinis with hot girls)

can't we love both....

MOS, most inspiring serious moral compass CBM there is....makes me want to fly. shows us the best we can almost achieve. "shows us a better path"

CAP2 Triumphs against adversity, determination against all odds.. when the world falls apart, Here I stand against the tide.

TDK a dark representation of the worse a man can be... the mangled face in us all

IronMan DUDE, life's a party and you're invited, beating up villains is what I do to relax (when Im not kickin it with hot chicks and booze, and treating my vast properties like your own personal bubble bath.)

those for movies are unique, sure we can find other examples of mostly that phrase within the same side(sides being DC/Marvel). but the other side, is lacking severely.

"why can't we have Both" ~Trading Places (1983)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By SaintWildcard
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After watching MOS it easily became my favorite CBM, f*ck others opinion about it.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BullPR

@husk said:

@bullpr:

what do kids have to do with it, its rated PG13, I would never allow my kid to see it until I saw it first, when they grow up and in high school, sure no worries, im sure they can grasp everything thats going on. but certainly never my 11 year old. (until I watch and approve the movie first)

its the best Superman movie we have, finally we get to see superman as the superman we see in the comics, or at least the superman I grew up on. (I'll attack the biggest argument I usually see.) Superman kills people, all the time, its good to see him actually do it the way Superman does it, WHen I see Batman kill someone, I expect it to be a mistake, I expect batman to accidentlally make a mistake and fail to save someone. When I see Superman kill someone, I expect him to kill like he does in the comics, because he has no other choice. plus He killed Zod in 1988 so its nice to see them draw from a specific incident. Its that awful Lois and Clark tv show that pushed the no-kill code, and then that horrible Smallville show forced them to retcon everything that didn't adhere to the Smallville plotline. I see MOS finally undoing the damage.

plus it does exactly what a superman movie should do, inspire. he mkes you want to fly, as well he inspires you to try and be a better person. sure when he is still clark Kent, loner, finding himself, he doesn't exactly inspire yet. though they setup early that he is willing to put himself at risk for being a labrat, and is unwilling to watch people die. but he isn't supposed to inspire anyone as a kid. he's a kid, an awkward teenager (or young adult) who is still working out how the world works, working out how much can he help people without it being too much.

Having a possible planetwide apocalyspe occur with a villain that can readily hold there own against someone as powerful as superman, and the Hero managing to save everylife on the planet, and undo the damage that was inflicted. Set Suspension of disbelief to max, and it will still be so disbelivable enough to pull me right out of the movie. might as well have Superman fly backwards around the planet to rewind time and start from the beginning again... ;)

Best Superman Movie ever

plus. my number two CBM (cap2 overtook)

You are confusing PG-13 and Rated R.

For the rest of your post, almost none of it is addressing the points I raised. However, because I read it now, just a small comment: you wrote: "(the movie) does exactly what a superman movie should do, inspire"

Seriously?

Well for my part I was disgusted.

(And I'm not speaking about the saving the world part. Everybody wants to save the world. No, look again at the more realistic part of the movie, a "superman" movie (I know, strange combination of words, but I guess you will see what I mean):

-Reaction in front of a Drunk Guy (hey, let's destroy its day job behind its back)

-Do I save or not a bus school full of children? (I guess not, it's much better to push my self interest above that trying to protect my secret identity)

Do I save my father? (I guess not, it's much better etc...)

Etc...

For the part of Superman killing Zod, well it's associated with its own internal debate.)

Anyway, you were inspired by this version of Superman. Good for you.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ccraft said:

Man of Steel is still #1 imo, most of the criticisms about MOS is simply wrong, like Superman causing massive destruction in Metropolis, the rest of the complaints are just opinionated.

Nice thread!

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard a lot of complaints about this movie but this dude is a moron

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great soundtrack and great action scenes, I like the Krypton/Kryptonian related stuff, Zod is fun, Faora is badass and sexy, I like Jor-El but meh on everything else. Sub-par movie overall.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By ccraft
Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

a m.o.s. debate:

normal people: it didn't reproduce any of the core characteristics/ ideas of superman/a superman story.

m.o.s. defenders: nah ah. shut up. it's great. my destruction p0rn boner can be seen from space. and i love ihop.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@patrat18: cap 2 is small potatoes compared to the destruction p0rn that is mos. but that aside, cap 2 was faithful to the CHARACTER.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By patrat18
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a m.o.s. debate:

normal people: it didn't reproduce any of the core characteristics/ ideas of superman/a superman story.

m.o.s. defenders: nah ah. shut up. it's great. my destruction p0rn boner can be seen from space. and i love ihop.

No Caption Provided

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Skyfire

It was watchable.

Not really much more than a 5 or 6/10 for me. To bleak and humourless for my liking. It's admittedly awesome, if slightly OTT, fight scenes made it worth the ticket price. Other than that it was pretty forgettable, especially compared to other CBMs.

I also request a gold star

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sacredweapons said:
No Caption Provided

Seriously, no other comic book movie has caused this much commotion.

One word.. Batnipples

That was hated and faded. Im talking about ongoing.

No it hasn't faded, we want that memory to fade but it just won't no matter how hard we try.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

To be honest, is the same it came with Nolan Haters.

Stop living in your head, your point of view arent facts and your vision isnt the only one.

Sure i dont like Snyder and Goyer idea of being as original as they can, because it hurts them at long run.

But isnt like if Marvel was better.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@i_dont_like_comics said:

a m.o.s. debate:

No Caption Provided

To each his own...but I view the debates more like this:

MOS lovers: This movie was a coming of age story, about Clark/Kal becoming Superman. It was never meant to show him to be of flawless character, which, if you read the comics Superman HAS NEVER been! (Even in the Siegel/Shuster days) save for maybe the war propaganda days. The danger was imminent and the villains were truly dangerous. Something missing from even the best of other comic movies. Kal had to make tough decisions..some of which even (gasp) had consequences..he was unable to wrap everything up into a nice neat bow at the end. KInd of like real life. Superman isn't at his core..he's on the road to them. For that to make sense, this would have to be an introductory movie, and not one where his personality is fully developed. Which it is. (Honestly, how so many people missed that is beyond me.)

MOS haters: Most of the complaints (He caused mass destruction, PA Kent wanted him to kill the school-bus kids, he kissed Lois at a "bad time." he let his Father die for no reason,) make me wonder if they really watched the movie. Most of the time, I vote "no." I think they looked at it, but were overwhelmed that the movie demanded some attention to detail. WB's bad for over-estimating the audience.

The rest of the haters arguments : I hate this movie for things other films have done, but I never criticize for. How dare they show Sears and I Hop...but Iron Man pimping Burger King or Cap America going into the Apple Store, Or Spider-Man using Bing..those are fine. How dare there be falling buildings and property damage..which was okay in The Avengers and really cool in TDK. Why, we all know people who have planet-moving power and can move at light speed would cause very little damage if they fought. The worst thing that should happen is an unoccupied car should get flipped over.

Finally, and I have to paraphrase.."Art that is not debated is merely consumed." That's what makes the OP of this thread exactly right. Was Van Gogh universally loved in his day? No, in fact, he only sold one painting his entire life. When Blade Runner came out, it was very polarizing. About 1/2 the critics said it was merely a special effects show, with no real story at all. "A Christmas Story", when it was released got trashed by the NY times, and I believe Siskel and Ebert both gave it a thumbs down. Today, we all know the "Triple dog-dare" is the ultimate dare, that Red Ryder BB guns can "shoot your eye out" and that something that's "Fragile" means it's Italian.

I don't know how well MOS will stand the test of time, but the fact a thread about it right now, will garner more attention/responses than a GOTG thread..or even a TWS thread says something.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Lol That was your bad with it?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Yet, it is the only one you care to mention. Where did you learn to b!tch and moan, on THE VINE?!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: It's the only one I felt like mentioning. It's also the only one that is undeniably objective fact. Every other complaint about it is technically debatable to a certain extent.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Awwwww, you totally ignored my General Zod reference. :(

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: To be honest, i get some of the complaint, Batman destroy buildings to take a bomb out of the city, take down the SWAT team and to take a criminal to Gotham, also he pays attention if there is living people around him.

The destruction has a reason to happen.

Avengers, make no mistake it just pure PIS, there is no way an invasion would never try to destroy infrastructure, besides the aliens never attack people until The Avengers attack them, besides the fact they attack alien ships on the middle of the air, in a city with really tall buildings, run into a building and it looks they cause more destruction that the aliens.

Here there is no mass destruction, because they need the Avengers look great.

Battleship is a terrible movie, but it show a more realistic invasion, since the aliens try to take control of comuncations and destroy the army weapons.

Man of Steel is under the same boat that Nolan Batman, it ask you to pay attention.

People complaint The Joker "plan" today, even when is explain he made a deal with the same mobsters that helped Ras in Begins, people that has control all over the city and can do anything they want.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Transformaa

@bullpr: what's your address.? .I'll buy you some more tampons. .do you need summers eve as well? I'll also send you some lifetime movies in this care package lol

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Transformaa:

Well I have a M.D.

And a Ph.D.

I was teaching medicine in Paris before, and now in Boston.

So I think I know my anatomy.

However, I have no idea what I can do with the tampons you want to send me.

However, I also run a research lab at HMS, so I'm really interested. Contact me by mp, I should be able to run some tests on you if you are a male and you have the need of tampons.

Unless I misunderstood something. English is not my first language after all.

Sincerely.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By godzilla44
No Caption Provided

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Husk

@bullpr said:

@husk said:

@bullpr:

what do kids have to do with it, its rated PG13, I would never allow my kid to see it until I saw it first, when they grow up and in high school, sure no worries, im sure they can grasp everything thats going on. but certainly never my 11 year old. (until I watch and approve the movie first)

its the best Superman movie we have, finally we get to see superman as the superman we see in the comics, or at least the superman I grew up on. (I'll attack the biggest argument I usually see.) Superman kills people, all the time, its good to see him actually do it the way Superman does it, WHen I see Batman kill someone, I expect it to be a mistake, I expect batman to accidentlally make a mistake and fail to save someone. When I see Superman kill someone, I expect him to kill like he does in the comics, because he has no other choice. plus He killed Zod in 1988 so its nice to see them draw from a specific incident. Its that awful Lois and Clark tv show that pushed the no-kill code, and then that horrible Smallville show forced them to retcon everything that didn't adhere to the Smallville plotline. I see MOS finally undoing the damage.

plus it does exactly what a superman movie should do, inspire. he mkes you want to fly, as well he inspires you to try and be a better person. sure when he is still clark Kent, loner, finding himself, he doesn't exactly inspire yet. though they setup early that he is willing to put himself at risk for being a labrat, and is unwilling to watch people die. but he isn't supposed to inspire anyone as a kid. he's a kid, an awkward teenager (or young adult) who is still working out how the world works, working out how much can he help people without it being too much.

Having a possible planetwide apocalyspe occur with a villain that can readily hold there own against someone as powerful as superman, and the Hero managing to save everylife on the planet, and undo the damage that was inflicted. Set Suspension of disbelief to max, and it will still be so disbelivable enough to pull me right out of the movie. might as well have Superman fly backwards around the planet to rewind time and start from the beginning again... ;)

Best Superman Movie ever

plus. my number two CBM (cap2 overtook)

You are confusing PG-13 and Rated R.

For the rest of your post, almost none of it is addressing the points I raised. However, because I read it now, just a small comment: you wrote: "(the movie) does exactly what a superman movie should do, inspire"

Seriously?

Well for my part I was disgusted.

(And I'm not speaking about the saving the world part. Everybody wants to save the world. No, look again at the more realistic part of the movie, a "superman" movie (I know, strange combination of words, but I guess you will see what I mean):

-Reaction in front of a Drunk Guy (hey, let's destroy its day job behind its back)

-Do I save or not a bus school full of children? (I guess not, it's much better to push my self interest above that trying to protect my secret identity)

Do I save my father? (I guess not, it's much better etc...)

Etc...

For the part of Superman killing Zod, well it's associated with its own internal debate.)

Anyway, you were inspired by this version of Superman. Good for you.

You are definitely confusing PG-13 with G. PG 13 can be a pretty tame movie that I wouldn't bat an eye letting children see, or it can be outright inappropriate, According to the rating system PG13 can contain nudity sexual themes strong language Drug use, and moderate to extreme violence (while too much violent screentime or tooo intense violence would push it to R)

so PG13 is for teenagers (thus thirTEEN) not necessarily appropriate for children, like my ten year old Neice.

here are examples of PG13 movies that I would never let her see, Barabrella is one very long Sex rump. It is PG13. There is an outright ORgy in Barry Lyndon. The Women in Red has full frontal nudity. The Lone Ranger (just came out not long ago) as a very vivid graphic mutilation scene where the guy carves out anothers heart (yeah my 12 year old better not be watching this scene). The Dark Knight is merely PG13, the themes of the film are much to Dark and Graphic...Id probably let them watch it at 11 or 12, maybe. certainly not 8 or 9. others include World War Z, The Grudge and a Sleugh of movies dealing with inappropriate topics like Cannibalism and Rape . yeah most PG13 movies are fine for my kids. but Movies like Man of Steel, Airplane, or The Grudge mean I watch the PG13 movie before letting children with ice cream watch it.

my major issue with the postwas the complaint that a movie seems inappropriate for an age group that it clearly says on every poster, it is not necessarily appropriate for.

my other major issue is that it was suggested that it is not a good Superman movie, This I devled into very thouroughly and even answered most of your bullet points, if you can't be bothered to read my rebuttal, don't respond to it.

-destroying a sexual deviant and all around jerks replacable truck...yeah first, I state that he isn't yet Superman, his symbolism isn't yet established, and just like the Golden Age Superman comics, as well as New52 opening arc, Superman starts out as a 20 something hot head, brash and bumbling. unsure of his own path, quick to resolve a situation, even if its the wrong way. the only times this ISN"T superman is the era between the Lois and Clark tv show, and the Smallville TV show.. thank god that whole abomination has been retconned.

-letting a bus of children die, and letting my father die... really the same argument, I only barely referenced. first, HE ISN"T SUPERMAN YET. He's little Clark Kent. this is actually the secondary plot of the ENTIRE MOVIE. one can't legitimately say they watched a movie without understanding such a ubiquitous plot as this. This is the Internal Conflict that Clark has throughout his time as a loner, and the very beginning of him as Superman. He is arguing with his dad, it was the RIGHT thing to do to save that bus of children, but it wasn't the perfect answer, If he ends up on a Lab Slab at 12, all the amazing things he is capable of doing in his life, wouldn't happen... BUT (as he internalizes) it doesn't change the fact that it WAS the right thing to do, he can take the hits other people can't. He deals with this when his father dies, he has "father knows best" psychosis. but if I don't He will die, his father knows he will die, and is willing to DIE just to protect his son. (his father even states there will be a time that Clark can come out of the Superhero phonebooth, WHEN he is ready) so the rest of the film he is finding himself, he is trying to reconcile the two halves, the half that knows he was right to save those kids, he was right to put himself in danger (as he continues to do) and the half that knows his father was right, that if he is caught now, the world of good he can do later, won't happen. this internal Struggle is Textbook Filmography, you can learn about it in Film 101 in college.

and finally HE ISN"T SUPERMAN YET. despite the fact that this would be perfectly exceptable plot for a golden age film they make it very finite in the movie, He has two personnas and Superman is the personna he dons when he finds his outfit. until then, he is either the man with no name, or Clark Kent.

and Zod...again I reiterate, superman kills a lot, and killed Zod in 1988. this is nothing new.

re watch russel crowes "better Way" speach.

if you don't actually read my post this time, don't respond.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knew that a thread celebrating debates about MoS, would end in a debate about MoS... I am flabbergasted

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@ccraft said:

Man of Steel is still #1 imo, most of the criticisms about MOS is simply wrong, like Superman causing massive destruction in Metropolis, the rest of the complaints are just opinionated.

Nice thread!

So I am wrong when I say that it is Supes fault for the destruction of Metropolis? I mean it isn't like he just left a world engine to do its thing in Metropolis to go mess with one on the otherside of the world that wasn't an imminent threat to anyone because it was far from a populated area considering it was in the middle of the Indian Ocean.....but yeah, we're wrong.

Well, you are, because:

• The ship in Metropolis couldn't be touched till the World Engine was stopped
  • Even if they did stop the ship, they had no guarantee the WE would stop hammering the place
  • The ship was filled with Kryptonians that may or may not find their Zen like Zod was doing before being arrested or w/e
Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who knew that a thread celebrating debates about MoS, would end in a debate about MoS... I am flabbergasted

You knew. Don't act all innocent.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@husk:

Well, you convinced me that you know what is PG 13, that's for sure.

But like you said you have a huge diversity among these films. I would have never thought bringing my family to the Dark Knight. I knew what we were dealing with. I was stunned by MoS (for that aspect).

For your rebuttal, my problem is that you could apply these arguments with any alien with super powers.

But superman has decades and decades of history and mythology behind its character. My own interpretation of his code of conduct, his high moral values etc... was that they were resulting from the solid and loving education his received from his family.

I really understand your point of view (and a lot of people are using the same argument) that (basically) he is new in the business, and that the mistakes of a MoS won't be reproduce by a Superman. Ok. That's quite obvious. And as I said it just before, would also be true for most of the super-beings at the beginning of their carrier.

Nothing specific of Superman, Clark Kent and his family.

The way he (seemingly) was educated in the movie was a shame (for me). However, I don't read DC comics these days (years) so I don' t know how the N52 superman was behaving initially.

If you read my first post, you will see that I do believe that MoS is a good movie. Just change the name (Clark Kent) for a new one (John Smith for example), and my criticisms would have been totally different:

-Why his biological father, the famous scientist, is so skilled in H2H fighting?

-Why Lois Lane is not cold in the middle of the ice

-Why a species with interstellar spaceship would be annihilated if only one planet would be destroyed

Etc...

I don't remember all of them, but quite a few flaws in the movie. They didn't really matter because of the famous "suspension of disbelief" when you go and watch a Comics based Movie.

For me, this is a movie about a powerful alien that save the planet against an alien invasion. Not a Superman movie. And nothing in this movie (again, personal opinion) opened the door for a new generation to appreciate the real myths that is Superman in the US society.

My old years of medical school remind me that for some it's always good to kill symbols and parental figures. Not for me.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

You knew. Don't act all innocent.

No Caption Provided

Only Bale can describe what MOS threads mean.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
Loading Video...

I love that the news put "Supe's Still Jelly"

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@frozen said:

no other movie has caused this much commotion

Wrong.

Good call, didn't even notice that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@manwhohaseverything: You're entirely undermining, missing the point or flat out misrepresenting the critics of this movie such as myself. I can't tell you how emphatically incorrect you are about your arguments and how the critics 'didn't watch the movie' when I watched painstakingly horrified with seeing my all time favourite superhero butchered on the screen to make a Superman film for people who don't like Superman. That's all MOS is and there are more than sound arguments demonstrating why it's an empty, joyless and emotionless wreck of a film.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RustyRoy

@saint_wildcard said:

@rustyroy said:
Loading Video...

I love that the news put "Supe's Still Jelly"

Didn't notice that before lol.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@manwhohaseverything: You're entirely undermining, missing the point or flat out misrepresenting the critics of this movie such as myself. I can't tell you how emphatically incorrect you are about your arguments and how the critics 'didn't watch the movie' when I watched painstakingly horrified with seeing my all time favourite superhero butchered on the screen to make a Superman film for people who don't like Superman. That's all MOS is and there are more than sound arguments demonstrating why it's an empty, joyless and emotionless wreck of a film.

You're arguing something totally different. What I mean by "didn't watch the film" is when critics make arguments based on stuff that never happened in the film. Superman didn't cause 99% of the collateral damage. He wasn't being a selfish idiot when he went to India instead of Metropolis to stop the WE, his Dad NEVER said "killing a bus load of school children is good." etc...

What you're saying is you found the film didn't treat the character the way you envision the character and that was a downer for you. That the treatment of Kal was joyless and lacked emotion. Those are not sound arguments against the film. Those are OPINIONS, and you're certainly entitled to yours, but when I read people saying Pa Kent told Clark "It's okay to kill a bus load of children to protect your identity" Or that Clark simply let his Dad die in the tornado for no reason, or that he leveled Metropolis, some even stating he "killed thousands" in his fight with Zod, I think I'm fully within my bounds to question how much attention they were paying to the film, because none of those things happened. They are not valid arguments, and even in this thread, some have been soundly rebutted.

Now, if you didn't like the way they portrayed Superman, and think they fell short on what Superman should be/who he is, that's fine. It's your opinion, and I won't tell you you're wrong, I'll only say I disagree. But saying the movie was emotionless and joyless is in the eye of the beholder. It's not a valid or invalid argument, it's an honest opinion of how you felt. Which I'm okay with, I'm not here to try and convince the folks that hated the movie to start liking it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

You're arguing something totally different. What I mean by "didn't watch the film" is when critics make arguments based on stuff that never happened in the film. Superman didn't cause 99% of the collateral damage. He wasn't being a selfish idiot when he went to India instead of Metropolis to stop the WE, his Dad NEVER said "killing a bus load of school children is good." etc...

What you're saying is you found the film didn't treat the character the way you envision the character and that was a downer for you. That the treatment of Kal was joyless and lacked emotion. Those are not sound arguments against the film. Those are OPINIONS, and you're certainly entitled to yours, but when I read people saying Pa Kent told Clark "It's okay to kill a bus load of children to protect your identity" Or that Clark simply let his Dad die in the tornado for no reason, or that he leveled Metropolis, some even stating he "killed thousands" in his fight with Zod, I think I'm fully within my bounds to question how much attention they were paying to the film, because none of those things happened. They are not valid arguments, and even in this thread, some have been soundly rebutted.

Now, if you didn't like the way they portrayed Superman, and think they fell short on what Superman should be/who he is, that's fine. It's your opinion, and I won't tell you you're wrong, I'll only say I disagree. But saying the movie was emotionless and joyless is in the eye of the beholder. It's not a valid or invalid argument, it's an honest opinion of how you felt. Which I'm okay with, I'm not here to try and convince the folks that hated the movie to start liking it.

No Caption Provided

And that is the final truth, haters the people that just simply dont say they didnt liked, but go and blast this and other movies based on their expectations.

Is your expectations, not real arguments.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By lesterlawton
No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lesterlawton: That awkward moment when you realized Superman saved a ton of people in MOS.
I haven't seen GotG yet, but c'mon, seriously?

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By kasino

it was a good, not great but i liked it more then GotG and Winter Solider

it had lasting power because it was truly good, worth talking about

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That awkward moment when you realized Superman saved 6 billion human beings and you didnt care to pay attention to the movie.

No Caption Provided

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That awkward moment when you realized Superman saved 6 billion human beings and you didnt care to pay attention to the movie.

No Caption Provided

I haven't seen GoTG (and probably won't), but maybe R-racoon saved 7 billion civilians?

Side bet..One year from now, there will be 0 threads about GoTG.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

No Caption Provided

I haven't seen GoTG (and probably won't), but maybe R-racoon saved 7 billion civilians?

No Caption Provided

Yeah that must be, i mean is the only thing that would make sense.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth has 8 bilion people

Also yes, that is keeping in spirit with the thread.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything said:

Earth has 8 bilion people

Also yes, that is keeping in spirit with the thread.

Wrong is around 7 billions.

So my mistake.