Confusing articles of "the other"

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By segamarvel

Now before I get called out on this I want everyone to know that I am already aware that Wikipedia (or any wiki for that matter) is not always 100% accurate but it did get me thinking about the off chance that it might be true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Other

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man%27s_powers_and_equipment

In both of these articles it is mentioned at least 3 or 4 times that Peter has indeed lost his his other powers BUT it also repeatedly points out that Spidey still retains some of his enhancements from it(like his strength speed, spider-sense and healing). I am also already aware that Pete has done over 20 ton feats before but i'm simply trying to give the benefit of the doubt that may or may not still be true officially. For example Electro still doesn't seem to be able to affect Pete's wallcrawling ability anymore plus there have been no signs of Peter's healing or spider-sense being decreased. I repeat I don't think Peter has his extra powers like organic webs or night vision or stingers but I so far am being led to believe that Peter's enhancements aren't exactly all gone. Why did Kaine reveal "the other" powers in himself before he even embraced it? I'm also aware that Kaine is stronger than spider-man but we cant forget that could also be because Kaine is more in tune with the other than peter ever was(his eyes seem to glow blue before he broke out of the Jackles chains) plus come on... Kaine's like still nearly twice pete's size anyway(he's bigger,taller and bulkier). Especially after seeing Peter lift that plane and have both the Hulk and Thor acknowledge his strength makes me think Peter may have gotten stronger. Plus a lot of his old foes have gotten stronger with more upgrades (scorpion and Venom) and yet he STILL puts up a decent fight. Please let me know what you think (so long as you don't flame me for having an opinion)

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Oh, so you're not asking if he might have retained some powers, you're saying he did. I guess I could see it, although I'm pretty sure the healing was always there and just more visible during and afterwards, and the spider-sense was actually decreased (he couldn't use it though webs or whatever anymore). I really wish the Other wasn't retconned, because it was a pretty cool new aspect to Peter's powers and another horizon with which to broaden his character.

That wasn't exactly his spider-sense per say but one of his human senses were enhanced like his sense of touch so he felt the vibrations. I once again feel the need to remind that I only mentioned what I think based on his feats and those two links. BTW did you even read it or just read my post because that reply I got was surprisingly quick.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Right... anyway, I think that even if it looks like he has some leftover Other/Queen upgrades, that's not the intent because of the retcon. We should wait until an Other-centric arc to be able to call it.

I'm pretty familiar with both articles, so I didn't feel the need to re-read them.

Sure I understand. But until then I think my opinion at least questions an investigation on this matter or at least a consideration on whether its true or not based on facts, feats and history. You cant help but want to take pride in the fact that Pete might still retain some of it.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By segamarvel

Bump.

I have only had a discussion with one guy so far. More feedback would be appreciated.