Community Star Voting Thread: 4/8/11

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

SHAZAM! The wizard Shazam bestowed the power on me to create a voting thread by saying his name or by copying and pasting the older ones into a new thread. You decide! All right Viners, the voting thread is back, and it's up to you to decide who the new star should be. Please read the rules because I decided to update them a little. Then... let the voting begin!

Updated Rules:

1. You are allowed to nominate two people max. You can nominate yourself if you want. It can be anyone on ComicVine.
  2. LINKS! Please post links to what the viner has done. Think like you do in the battle threads. You can't just say "GMan Curbstomps" and expect GMan to win, so give us a reason why the viner you are voting for curbstomps, and a link to that reason. (GMan always curbstomps... always)
  3. Nominations without links, or a good reason why you don't need a link, may be null and void like a coupon for mayo.
  4. All nominees will be considered; however, the winner is not decided only by the number of votes alone. The winner is also decided by the content the nominee has contributed to the site. This isn't just a popularity contest. Having the most votes does not guarantee a win.
  5. If you don't have fun, I will haunt your dreams.

It's about 10am central now, and I'll keep this open until 10am Central time tomorrow.    
 Here's the past winners, so please don't vote for them again:
Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow
Sha
Psyentist
Decept-O 
sora_thekey
Dark Huntress
Silkcuts 
haydenclaireheroes 
aztek the lost  
Shatterstar 
xerox-kitty 
jrh7925
Razzatazz 
Tonis
Fesak 
SC
Red L.A.M.P.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Roxanne Starr

Me first! Heh, heh, heh...

1. Jotham

2. Turoksonofstone

Look for them both in "Public Domain Comics."

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

G-Man Curbstomps!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Please give reasons and links to why. Otherwise names will be ignored with all the power of Thundara

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@inferiorego:

I have no idea how to make a link.

Heck, for the last couple of days, I haven't even been able to "reply" or "quote."

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Roxanne Starr: Just copy and paste the url from something the viner has done into the text box. You don't have to actually create the link, just give the person some credibility with evidence.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@inferiorego:

What is a url?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#8  Edited By RazzaTazz

I was discussing this with SC yesterday.  He was trying to tell me that all the winners before the recent string of four guys in a row were mostly women.  Well actually when I tied it finally putting the XX crowd on equal footing with the XY group.  Anyway with that in mind I think this should be Typing Kira's week.  We have been focusing a lot on wiki editing the past few weeks, I think it is time to shine the light on another aspect of the site - fan fiction.  No one has been recognized for fan fiction yet (that I know of - RPG is kind of different right?)  Her midguardian series is really good plus she also writes FAQs and how to's on writing for the site.  She has also had a review featured on the site (her first I believe).

My second nomination is probably not ready for the accolades but she is slowly making a name for herself on the site - TheHummingbird.  She consistently posts interesting blogs and has just gotten started on reviews and wiki editing (including trying to steal some of my points away from the Wonder Woman page.)  Most importantly she has vowed to protect me from harm with her ascerbic wit and razor sharp nails. 

Also isnt it the mods job to protect us from the power of Thundara not unleash it upon us? 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/community-star-voting-thread-4811/606794/#7
that's the url for this thread

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Roxanne Starr said:

"I have no idea how to make a link."

Ta da!   
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@inferiorego:

O.K., right...now that I've done before. Thanks for the info.

I'll remember it for the next time...

...but I'm on a phone right now that is very slow in navigating, and I have to rush off to work. Later!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Vance Astro for making the Daredevil page one of the best and most thorough wiki entries on the entire site. He has over 40,000 points for Daredevil alone.

Vote Vance!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/vance_astro/

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Jake Fury said:
"

Vance Astro for making the Daredevil page one of the best and most thorough wiki entries on the entire site. He has over 40,000 points for Daredevil alone.

Vote Vance!!!!

"
This.

Also, Coinreturnslot

She may not be as active on the forums as some members, but since she's been here, she's contributed numerous wiki submissions to pages like Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton, Spartacus, Chloe Sullivan, and many other. amongst other things, her fan art contributions are fantastic. A paper mache replica of Vera for Firefly, a paper mache replica of the Slayer Scythe, several pieces of hand drawn fan art, all of fantastic quality. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
"

Vote Vance!!!!

"
This.

Also, Coinreturnslot

She may not be as active on the forums as some members, but since she's been here, she's contributed numerous wiki submissions to pages like Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton, Spartacus, Chloe Sullivan, and many other. amongst other things, her fan art contributions are fantastic. A paper mache replica of Vera for Firefly, a paper mache replica of the Slayer Scythe, several pieces of hand drawn fan art, all of fantastic quality. 
"

I'll amend my nomination to Vance and Coinreturnslot as well.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

THIS IS HOW TO VOTE, YO... :D

I want to nominate pikahyper.  As well as being amazingly thorough with the  'Please Remove These Covers' Thread, there's also the mighty contributions to the Elseworlds Concept page & storming jobs on many Story Arc pages including Marvel's Civil WarSecret Invasion & Dark Reign... racking up an impressive 6,357 points for those pages alone!  Pika's blogsare all useful tools in relation to all the heavy wiki editing he's done in the last 10 months.  His Lists are a combination of his personal favourites (including Vertigo to keep Aztek happy ;) and an archive of the many volumes that have that were made by a happy pink penguin :)  Not to mention, whenever you check out his Profile it's always full of messages recording edit after edit after edit after edit...!!    

I'd also like to nominate Jordama.  He's gained over 35,000 wiki points, and clearly has a passion for the New X-Men with nearly 2,000 points on Rockslide & Anole each & dedicating a lot of time to Marve's newet mutants, the Five Lights.  Like myself, he's only made 4 Reviews, half of which was only mildly impressed with the Curse of the Mutants storyline.  He's Listed several different mutants, including those who have died since M-Day, mutated since M-Day, the remaining Young mutants, and who he has turned into Micro art.  Speaking of Micro Art, here... are... a... few... examples... of Matt Oddity's passion ;)  And let's not forget some of his blogs, from the classic From Yearbook To Obituary & Has Jean Become The Elephant In The Room? to the recent Bill and Ted's Avengers Adventure.

I believe both are worthy gentlemen to sit in the spotlight this week!  :)
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Caligula

I would like to vote Jotham for his on-going " Your Dad's Comics" comedy series highlighting bizarre Public Domain Comics from a bygone era.

gave a link to one of his "Your Dad's Comics" episodes. for the others view his blogs.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Billy Batson
@Jake Fury said:
"

Vote Vance!!!!

"

this even though I don't like DD >_>

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Seconding pikahyper for the reasons XK listed 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Billy Batson

I'm not having fun :P

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#20  Edited By MTHarman

I would suggest that these voting threads focus on certain specialties of users within Comicvine, easier to vote, easier to write an article about, and possibly catch more attention and votes from Comicvine users to avoid predictable winners.

example:

Most enthusiastic member on Comicvine

Most funniest member on Comicvine

Most dedicated member on Comicvine

The greatest hero within Comicvine

The greatest villain within Comicvine

The most artistic member in Comicvine

The most weirdest member in Comicvine

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Mercy_

Pikahyper and Vance

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGoldenOne

TypingKira for reasons stated by Razza.

Pikahypher for reasons stated by Xerox-Kitty

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By TypingKira
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#25  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Renchamp said:

" I'm for Pikahyper.  I PMed that guy once and we had a very genial conversation about some pretty serious editing stuff.  That guy is committed. "

lol that is the first time I've heard the word genial in a very long time :P

thanks for the votes everyone :D

I would like to nominate Meesho again this week, she is relatively new to the vine but she has been doing a fantastic job adding new issues to the wiki quickly and even takes the time to add italicized solicitations and all the creators and characters. 
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By turoksonofstone

I want to nominate pikahyper.  As well as being amazingly thorough with the   'Please Remove These Covers' Thread, there's also the mighty contributions to the  Elseworlds Concept page & storming jobs on many Story Arc pages including Marvel's  Civil War Secret Invasion &  Dark Reign... racking up an impressive 6,357 points for those pages alone!   Pika's blogsare all useful tools in relation to all the heavy wiki editing he's done in the last 10 months.  His  Lists are a combination of his personal favourites (including Vertigo to keep Aztek happy ;) and an archive of the many volumes that have that were made by a happy pink penguin :)  Not to mention, whenever you check out his  Profile it's always full of messages recording edit after edit after edit after edit...!!   

I would like to vote Jotham for his on-going " Your Dad's Comics" comedy series highlighting bizarre Public Domain Comics from a bygone era.

gave a link to one of his "Your Dad's Comics" episodes. for the others view his blogs.

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By RYU/BATMAN
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

King Saturn. Not sure what he does but he's got a sh!t load of posts :P
  King Saturn 111,077 posts

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By warlock360
@Gambler said:
" King Saturn. Not sure what he does but he's got a sh!t load of posts :P
  King Saturn 111,077 posts "
you and methos used to be fighting for pole position, then Pixelized and king Saturn took over lol
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By thehummingbird

Im for TypingKira she writes great fanfiction and is super nice, also just view RazzaTazza's reasons also. 

@TypingKira: 

Awww Thank You ^_^ 

@RazzaTazza

Thank you as well =) Though I am as you said not a top contributor yet. Sorry for stealing your point on the Wonder Woman page you deserved them more than me for sure ^.^' 
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#31  Edited By Trodorne

Ill have to vote For TypingKira for great blogs that she does. and also RazzaTazza

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mercy_
@Trodorne said:
" Ill have to vote For TypingKira for great blogs that she does. and also RazzaTazza "
Razz has already been Starlet. 
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#33  Edited By Trodorne

then ill throw on Ryu/Batman for the awesome Quest List.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_
@Trodorne said:

" then ill throw on Ryu/Batman for the awesome Quest List. "

1. LINKS! Please post links to what the viner has done. Think like you do in the battle threads. You can't just say "GMan Curbstomps" and expect GMan to win, so give us a reason why the viner you are voting for curbstomps, and a link to that reason. (GMan always curbstomps... always)
  2. Nominations without links, or a good reason why you don't need a link, may be null and void like a coupon for mayo.    
Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yumulu

It Thundera.

I vote blank in preparation for the 2 may.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By jordama
@xerox-kitty:
Aw shucks

No Caption Provided

Gonna make me blush
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37  Edited By SC
Sangriento diablo sitio bichos!! Enough about my date though! I have two nominations, for two very nice people! I can not give links though! In fact its taken me a very long time, to even get to this page, and after i post the post, the site will lock me out for a few hours lol, I can't even copy and paste my nominations from like the last four weeks from posting but they are there in other threads for those whose search button still works and can actually navigate the site! (I have been voting for these people for that long, one def deserves it this week!!!) My nominations are for! 

1 - TypingKira. 2 -Pikahyper

Apologies to above posters for not putting more details (like the other weeks) and for Inferioego, making your job harder. Earlier voting threads would have what I would write anyway! 
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roxanne Starr

I still can't "Reply" or "Quote" on CV. And I'm not even going to attempt to learn how to do the link thing right now. Grrrrrrrrr...

But now that the nominations are in, I'm going to vote for Jotham and Turoksonofstone.

There are not very many CVers who devote their time and energy into educating other users (or the world-wide web in general) about comic book history.

"Onslaught" and other terrible titles wouldn't be taking up valuable shelf space in our stores if modern comic book creators knew more about the craft of telling a story.

And the only way how to learn how to tell a good story is by studying the successes and failures of the past.