Community Star Voting Thread: 4/13/12

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

FRIDAY THE 13TH? OH NO!

Hey guys! We are back! It's time to get your voting hats on for the new Community Star! New rules below. Yes, we still have rules.

No Caption Provided

There's really only one rule. Vote for someone and give a reason why. As always, "saying GMan curbstomps" is a terrible reason, and he can't win anyway, since he's already won. Just give a link to the user's main page and if you want, maybe something they've done on the Vine you thought was awesome. Simple as that.

Ok, so there's another rule. Only nominate two people.

Again, this isn't a popularity contest, and the winner is still chosen by what they've done on the site, and not how many friends voted for them.

The winner will be interviewed and the article posted on Friday afternoon.

Voting begins now and will close on Wednesday 4/11 at 12pm Central time.

There may be a delay (Hope not) for the Star article this week, since we'll all be covering C2E2.

Don't vote for the people below, they've already won.

Aiden Cross

Amegashita

Aztek the lost

Babs

Billy Batson

Blue_Shield

Blurred View

Buckshot

Caligula

ComicMan24

Cosmo111687

Dark Huntress

Darkchild

Decept-O

Etragedy

FadeToBlackBolt

Fesak

Fhiz

Gambler

GMan

Haydenclaireheroes

Icarusflies

Inferiorego

InnerVenom123

IrishX

Jloneblackheart

Jordama

Jrh7925

K4tzm4n

Killer Z

Liberty

Meteorite

MS Feather

MTHarman

Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow

Morpheus

MrUnknown/A_O_N_

Nick-(SV)ril

Pikahyper

Pixelized

PowerHerc

Primmaster64.

Psyentist

Razzatazz

Red L.A.M.P.

Rogue_Mar1e

SC

Sha

Shatterstar

Silkcuts

Sora_thekey

Static Shock

Superkitty

TUROKSONOFSTONE

TerryMcC

Thanosrules

The Poet

Thehummingbird

Tonis

TypingKira

Vance Astro

Xerox-kitty

See you guys later!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

But today is Monday......or is it.........I'm scared.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I'll have a think. A lot of people I would have nominated have won it already.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Zoidberg.
BB

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Billy Batson said:

Zoidberg.
BB

You can't renominate, CM24.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@inferiorego: Perhaps it would be best to add "Mercy_" next to Dark Huntress' name in the list, as she changed from the latter to the former, much like was done with A_O_N/MrUknown.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

@inferiorego: Perhaps it would be best to add "Mercy_" next to Dark Huntress' name in the list, as she changed from the latter to the former, much like was done with A_O_N/MrUknown.

if we started to do that, you'd have an endless list of names for some of those people...who even remembers all of Gambler's names, "King of Kings", ha!

No, because his current name is Gambler. DH's on the other hand is outdated. It could cause confusion and have people ending up nominating in the future (a couple of months from now).

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

Jack the Ripper, has nice amount of posts and wiki points.
BB

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

if we started to do that, you'd have an endless list of names for some of those people...who even remembers all of Gambler's names, "King of Kings", ha!

No, because his current name is Gambler. DH's on the other hand is outdated. It could cause confusion and have people ending up nominating in the future (a couple of months from now).

well then Sha changed her name a while back too...but I do feel like the people who nominate users know them well enough to know what other usernames they used to use

And her current should be added as well. On the last point though, I'm just commenting because there are people who might only associate with them post-name change. Its not a big deal, but it doesn't take much work and will increase the efficiency of the Community Star award.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#12  Edited By RazzaTazz

I like that we still have rules, but it seems like the "max two nominations per week" is not there.  Can I nominate 50 people? 

I will just go with two (for now): 

Avenging X Bolt - He runs the DC Genesis fan fic universe and gets almost no credit for it.  Also writes some well conceived blogs and a lot of fan fics and is a nice all around guy.   

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts.  Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs.  Plus he makes informative lists

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Roger Workman - it's easy to earn wiki points in our physical world, but only Roger has had the tenacity to look beyond. Only he has braved the world of limitless dimensions, the crossroads of infinity, the junction to everywhere. Yes, I am speaking of the Negative Zone, from which Roger seems to have earned a whopping 61 anti-points. My vote goes out to him.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

I do.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Roger Workman - it's easy to earn wiki points in our physical world, but only Roger has had the tenacity to look beyond. Only he has braved the world of limitless dimensions, the crossroads of infinity, the junction to everywhere. Yes, I am speaking of the Negative Zone, from which Roger seems to have earned a whopping 61 anti-points. My vote goes out to him.

lol.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@TheGoldenOne said:

lol.

LMAO.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#17  Edited By TDK_1997

ROFL

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Saren

No Caption Provided

Therefore, co-signed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts. Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs. Plus he makes informative lists.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Magian  Online

Really? RV hasn't won this yet? I thought he had. In this case:

@RazzaTazz said:

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts. Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs. Plus he makes informative lists.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said:

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Renee

humanfly26 gets my nomination! He is the original creator of the popular take a point give a point game (which so few people realize now-a-days). He's ran a total of 13 of them (helping with 14) and made follow up lists (as well as several others) that go with the end results. He is a hard worker on CV, having earned himself over 10,000 wiki points! Humanfly is one very kind and helpful guy. :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#24  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@TheGoldenOne said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said:

what they said...

Lets get reVamp a Starlet!

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would like to 6th the ReVamp nomination.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By coolguyr99

CitizenBane - One of the most knowledgeable people on Comicvine in my opinion and always look forward to reading his Blog.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Saren

@TheGoldenOne said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said: