This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by inferiorego (22345 posts) - - Show Bio

FRIDAY THE 13TH? OH NO!

Hey guys! We are back! It's time to get your voting hats on for the new Community Star! New rules below. Yes, we still have rules.

There's really only one rule. Vote for someone and give a reason why. As always, "saying GMan curbstomps" is a terrible reason, and he can't win anyway, since he's already won. Just give a link to the user's main page and if you want, maybe something they've done on the Vine you thought was awesome. Simple as that.

Ok, so there's another rule. Only nominate two people.

Again, this isn't a popularity contest, and the winner is still chosen by what they've done on the site, and not how many friends voted for them.

The winner will be interviewed and the article posted on Friday afternoon.

Voting begins now and will close on Wednesday 4/11 at 12pm Central time.

There may be a delay (Hope not) for the Star article this week, since we'll all be covering C2E2.

Don't vote for the people below, they've already won.

Aiden Cross

Amegashita

Aztek the lost

Babs

Billy Batson

Blue_Shield

Blurred View

Buckshot

Caligula

ComicMan24

Cosmo111687

Dark Huntress

Darkchild

Decept-O

Etragedy

FadeToBlackBolt

Fesak

Fhiz

Gambler

GMan

Haydenclaireheroes

Icarusflies

Inferiorego

InnerVenom123

IrishX

Jloneblackheart

Jordama

Jrh7925

K4tzm4n

Killer Z

Liberty

Meteorite

MS Feather

MTHarman

Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow

Morpheus

MrUnknown/A_O_N_

Nick-(SV)ril

Pikahyper

Pixelized

PowerHerc

Primmaster64.

Psyentist

Razzatazz

Red L.A.M.P.

Rogue_Mar1e

SC

Sha

Shatterstar

Silkcuts

Sora_thekey

Static Shock

Superkitty

TUROKSONOFSTONE

TerryMcC

Thanosrules

The Poet

Thehummingbird

Tonis

TypingKira

Vance Astro

Xerox-kitty

See you guys later!

Staff
#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14183 posts) - - Show Bio

But today is Monday......or is it.........I'm scared.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have a think. A lot of people I would have nominated have won it already.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (59021 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoidberg.
BB

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Zoidberg.
BB

You can't renominate, CM24.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Perhaps it would be best to add "Mercy_" next to Dark Huntress' name in the list, as she changed from the latter to the former, much like was done with A_O_N/MrUknown.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

@inferiorego: Perhaps it would be best to add "Mercy_" next to Dark Huntress' name in the list, as she changed from the latter to the former, much like was done with A_O_N/MrUknown.

if we started to do that, you'd have an endless list of names for some of those people...who even remembers all of Gambler's names, "King of Kings", ha!

No, because his current name is Gambler. DH's on the other hand is outdated. It could cause confusion and have people ending up nominating in the future (a couple of months from now).

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (59021 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack the Ripper, has nice amount of posts and wiki points.
BB

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

if we started to do that, you'd have an endless list of names for some of those people...who even remembers all of Gambler's names, "King of Kings", ha!

No, because his current name is Gambler. DH's on the other hand is outdated. It could cause confusion and have people ending up nominating in the future (a couple of months from now).

well then Sha changed her name a while back too...but I do feel like the people who nominate users know them well enough to know what other usernames they used to use

And her current should be added as well. On the last point though, I'm just commenting because there are people who might only associate with them post-name change. Its not a big deal, but it doesn't take much work and will increase the efficiency of the Community Star award.

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that we still have rules, but it seems like the "max two nominations per week" is not there.  Can I nominate 50 people? 

I will just go with two (for now): 

Avenging X Bolt - He runs the DC Genesis fan fic universe and gets almost no credit for it.  Also writes some well conceived blogs and a lot of fan fics and is a nice all around guy.   

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts.  Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs.  Plus he makes informative lists

#13 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5592 posts) - - Show Bio

Roger Workman - it's easy to earn wiki points in our physical world, but only Roger has had the tenacity to look beyond. Only he has braved the world of limitless dimensions, the crossroads of infinity, the junction to everywhere. Yes, I am speaking of the Negative Zone, from which Roger seems to have earned a whopping 61 anti-points. My vote goes out to him.

#14 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

I do.

#15 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Roger Workman - it's easy to earn wiki points in our physical world, but only Roger has had the tenacity to look beyond. Only he has braved the world of limitless dimensions, the crossroads of infinity, the junction to everywhere. Yes, I am speaking of the Negative Zone, from which Roger seems to have earned a whopping 61 anti-points. My vote goes out to him.

lol.
#16 Posted by ReVamp (22994 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

lol.

LMAO.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15766 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFL

#18 Posted by Saren (26399 posts) - - Show Bio

Therefore, co-signed.

#19 Posted by Renchamp (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

18 posts and only two of them with legit nominations. Let's go 19 and 3.

Uncas007 is one of my favorite reviewers. He doesn't just view the aesthetics of comics but also their deeper intentions. I like this.

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (39344 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts. Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs. Plus he makes informative lists.
Staff
#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147292 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? RV hasn't won this yet? I thought he had. In this case:

@RazzaTazz said:

ReVamp - Nice guy to talk to and generally contributes well to the community by keeping healthy conversations going with well thought out posts. Also one of the few people that read every one of my blogs. Plus he makes informative lists.
#22 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said:

#23 Posted by Renee (10398 posts) - - Show Bio

humanfly26 gets my nomination! He is the original creator of the popular take a point give a point game (which so few people realize now-a-days). He's ran a total of 13 of them (helping with 14) and made follow up lists (as well as several others) that go with the end results. He is a hard worker on CV, having earned himself over 10,000 wiki points! Humanfly is one very kind and helpful guy. :)

#24 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said:

what they said...

Lets get reVamp a Starlet!

#25 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5592 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to 6th the ReVamp nomination.

#26 Edited by coolguyr99 (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

CitizenBane - One of the most knowledgeable people on Comicvine in my opinion and always look forward to reading his Blog.

#27 Posted by Saren (26399 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@RazzaTazz said:

#28 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

REVAMP!

Because he`s a pretty important person here, actually.