This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by inferiorego (24108 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD MORNING VIETVINE! Sorry, I apologize for that. It was rude. Anyway, it's another beautiful week here on the Vine and after spending numerous hours looking at the Force Works page, I decided I could be doing so much more with my life. So, you get the voting thread a day early this week! That's one more day to decide who deserves this wonderous and spandiferous award! Remember, if you are up for said award, I will be sending out a hard-hitting interview on Thursday. Anyways, let's get down to business!

Last week, Vance Astro took the cake that is the community star, but it is a NEW WEEK! Do you know what that means? A new star AND NEW RULES (kinda)!

Voting will begin now, Monday, December 12th and will end at 1:00 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday, December 14th.

Community Star Voting Rules:

1. You are allowed to nominate two people max. You can nominate yourself if you want. It can be anyone on Comic Vine.
  2. LINKS! Please post links to what the viner has done. Think like you do in the battle threads. You can't just say "GMan Curbstomps" and expect GMan to win, so give us a reason why the Viner you are voting for "curbstomps," and a link to that reason.Nominations WITHOUT LINKS, or a good reason why you don't need a link WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
  3. All nominees will be considered; however, the winner is not decided only by the number of votes alone. The winner is also decided by the content the nominee has contributed to the site. This isn't just a popularity contest. Having the most votes does not guarantee a win.
  4. I WILL haunt you for the rest of eternity by singing you "Kiss from a Rose" if you don't have fun! FEAR ME!
  5. The winner will then be interviewed by me on Thursday, and said interview, which will contain mild levels of ridiculousness, will be a part of the Community Star Article! I WILL GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! PERSONAL INTERVIEWS!

Don't vote for these people. They already won

Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow

amegashita

MS Feather

Sha

Psyentist

Decept-O

sora_thekey

Dark Huntress

Silkcuts

haydenclaireheroes

aztek the lost

Shatterstar

xerox-kitty

jrh7925

Razzatazz

Tonis

Fesak

SC

Red L.A.M.P.

pikahyper

jordama

TypingKira

icarusflies

gambler

jloneblackheart

ComicMan24

Liberty

Caligula

The Poet

Etragedy

Darkchild

Rogue_Mar1e

TUROKSONOFSTONE

Killer Z

thehummingbird

Pixelized

Aiden Cross

Blurred View

MTHarman

FadeToBlackBolt

Blue_Shield

MrUnknown/A_O_N_

InnerVenom123

TerryMcC

Primmaster64.

Cosmo111687

Vance Astro

Staff
#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (43146 posts) - - Show Bio

Texasdeathmatch. I don't have any links off-hand (and I'm way too lazy to obtain them atm), but he's regularly tried his best to improve the quality of the battle threads, help noobs out, and is one of the most charismatic and likable dudes on this site. Plus, it was his birthday recently. So, give him a happy birthday by giving this award he's deserved since day 1.

Oh, and since I can nominate two people (including myself), I'll be a tool and throw in a vote for myself as well. I'm not as active as I once was, but when I was, CV was my life and I did everything I could to make the battles thread a fun and evolving section. But really, vote for Texas, he deserves it more.

Staff
#3 Posted by Renchamp (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual:

My first vote goes to Fhiz. Homeboy is always on top of new issues, keeping the Vine fresh for when we wake up Wednesday mornings. The kid has 81,034 points, with a respectable amount on Damian Wayne (1,815). He also has an extra-curricular blog in which he spoils some DC info. Nice way to preserve the minds of those who don't want to see this info on accident. Stand-up move from a seemingly stand-up guy.

My second vote goes to Superkitty. As number three in wiki contributions, I think continuing to look over his contributions is downright crazy. He's the top contributor on classic character pages like Felix the Cat, Richie Rich, and Alfred E. Neuman. Regardless of recognition or not, this guy continues to churn it out. Really, 514,094 points. That should be enough.

#4 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renchamp said:

As usual:

My first vote goes to Fhiz. Homeboy is always on top of new issues, keeping the Vine fresh for when we wake up Wednesday mornings. The kid has 81,034 points, with a respectable amount on Damian Wayne (1,815). He also has an extra-curricular blog in which he spoils some DC info. Nice way to preserve the minds of those who don't want to see this info on accident. Stand-up move from a seemingly stand-up guy.

Going with Fhiz for my first nomination

and for my second...how about...IrishX?

This user has over 172,654 (and is the #19th top editer on the site). While most users spend their time focused on a spesific character (like I have taken over the Darkwing Duck page), IrishX has dedicated himself to editing single issues and volumes. He spent 249 wiki points on a Moon Knight volume and 240 point on Shadowland: Moon Knight. Now, he does focus only on Moonknight. He has also spent 185 points on Avengers Annual #21. IrishX deserves to get some credit because he has focused so much of his time and energy on so many issues on this site!

I dare you to find a new issue without one of these guys' name on the editing contributer list!

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: You're a tool alright, you didn't even provide links for yourself. :P 

I nominate Payno consistently awesome artist(seriously just look at this stuff) who is always ready to jump into a art contest, and willing to help out with most art requests(there's a third one but I can't find it) with the same amount of time and skill he does with pics he makes on his own.

I'd link the contests he's been involved with but really I'd be linking them all. 
#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

+1 to Texas and Fhiz.

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (43146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Click the battles tab and that's basically my resume.

:P

Well.... excluding the garbage :D

Staff
#8 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate myself Ryonslaught, I've been here since 2009

I have over 70, 000 wiki points > http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/ryonslaught/submissions/

(Also in the top 50 contributors)

Most notable? Over 5000 points on Black Panther

Over 2000 points for marrow

And Threnody (which I saved from a terrible case of plagiarism from wikipedia)

Over 1000 points on Shuri-The female Black Panther

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Over 900 points on Joseph-Clone of Magneto

Over 800 points on Alexandra Dewitt (first girlfriend of Kyle Rayner)

Over 700 points on Megan Summers (Daughter of Cyclops and Emma Frost)

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

Also of note Almost single handedly created the entire cast of Earth 41001 and all the unique X-men children found there in

I was the first reviewer here to amass over 500-1500 positive votes on my reviews

I'm also one of the highest rated reviewers here on the vine with over 2557 votes of positivity to about 245 reviews (That also gives me the best ratio here on the vine per review :P )

I was also the first reviewer to use the format of "The Good" and "The Bad" here on the vine, I started in August 2009 G-man started in February 2010

I've got some of the longest running top rated lists on the vine Behold!

I'm not just limited to Reviews and characters either, I also do the occasional Issue summary like Uncanny 325 and X-men the end book 2 with over 200 points etc

I'm just an all round guy here on the Vine :)

#9 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Morpheus_ has done some kind of community worthy stuff. The guy knows his Silver Surfer, and his holding on to a top contributor spot like a champ. And don't forget about his love affairs with Tony Stark and X-Man. And Duncan MacLeod, of the clan MacLeod. Did you guys ever watch the Highlander show? I did. 90's television programming at it's best, bro's.

He's probably read more comics than most of the lists winners put together, and it shows. But his Top 10 & 1 list gives you a great idea of his sensibilities.

Oh. And he's Greek. Women tend to throw themselves at him. Lucky b******.

#10 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be biased and vote for K4tzm4n and Morpheus_.

@k4tzm4n said:

Oh, and since I can nominate two people (including myself), I'll be a tool and throw in a vote for myself as well. I'm not as active as I once was, but when I was, CV was my life and I did everything I could to make the battles thread a fun and evolving section. But really, vote for Texas, he deserves it more.

@Lance Uppercut said:

Morpheus_ has done some kind of community worthy stuff. The guy knows his Silver Surfer, and his holding on to a top contributor spot like a champ. And don't forget about his love affairs with Tony Stark and X-Man. And Duncan MacLeod, of the clan MacLeod. Did you guys ever watch the Highlander show? I did. 90's television programming at it's best, bro's.

He's probably read more comics than most of the lists winners put together, and it shows. But his Top 10 & 1 list gives you a great idea of his sensibilities.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:

I'm going to be biased and vote for K4tzm4n and Morpheus_.

@k4tzm4n said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

I'm going to also vote for K4tz & Morph.
#12 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I second the ryonslaught vote.

Not only is he a top contributor on the site and he has reviewed through the roof and has some of the best lists available, he is also one of the nicest users that I have ever met on the site.

He is definitely one of the most underrated users of the site.

#13 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Popularity contest ftw.

#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:
Popularity contest ftw.
Eh, only kind of. It's not decided by votes so the nominations are the only part where the popularity thing comes in. 
#15 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

k4tzm4n, his uncanny patience for some of those battle threads is amazing, plus he was able to keep his cool when that d*che posted his personal pictures and spat out anti-Semitic comments. So yeah, my vote goes to him, and I guess...myself, because I'm a vain mother f*cker and really cool. 

#16 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

<---DH

Hopping on the K4tz and Morph train.

I think people have already pretty much covered the link route, so I'm gonna go in a different direction.

Speaking from personal experience, the two people I'm voting for deserve this so much and it's kind of a travesty that neither of them have won it yet. I've been here for nearly two years and both of these guys' tenture far outdates mine. Both of these names are known, specifically in the battles forum, but really all over the site. Neither of them have extraneous post counts because they both weigh their words carefully and tend to speak only when they have something to say. These duder have comic book knowledge that is nearly unrivaled and are the epitome of what debaters should be. They don't really debate to win, they debate to educate, a form that seems to be all but lost around here these days. I have personally learned so much through discussing and occasionally debating with them.

In addition to their long tenure, both of their wiki contributions and the education that they provide in the battle forum, both of these guys are completely awesome to talk to on a one-on-one basis and are both hilarious in their own ways. I'm of the opinion that their presence here makes this site better and that things would be a little darker and drearier without them. They're both (in similar ways and different) kind of the epitome of what a Comic Viner should be, or at least hopes to be. They're well-regarded by the community in general. They both tend to have a jovial disposition. They're not above helping (this should be evident, considering one's a mod) and they have expansive knowledge on a wide array of topics.

#17 Posted by sora_thekey (8171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ryonslaught said:

I have over 70, 000 wiki points > http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/ryonslaught/submissions/

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

Also of note Almost single handedly created the entire cast of Earth 41001 and all the unique X-men children found there in

I was the first reviewer here to amass over 500-1500 positive votes on my reviews

I'm also one of the highest rated reviewers here on the vine with over 2557 votes of positivity to about 245 reviews (That also gives me the best ratio here on the vine per review :P )

I was also the first reviewer to use the format of "The Good" and "The Bad" here on the vine, I started in August 2009 G-man started in February 2010

I'm not just limited to Reviews and characters either, I also do the occasional Issue summary like Uncanny 325 and X-men the end book 2 with over 200 points etc

2nd this! n_n

#18 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught said:

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

I second this.
As a reviewer, I don't think any other person comes as high in overall recommendations per review.  Yes RazzTazz has a great score, but she is also the all time amount reviewwer. Ryon hit 25K right after I did.
#19 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lance Uppercut said:

This one for now.

#20 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

Morph and K4tz.

Moderator Online
#21 Edited by KillerZ (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

As a person who likes things organized Ryonslaught lists make me vote for him.

#22 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

I second the votes for Morph and texasdeathmatch.

#23 Posted by RazzaTazz (9630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp said:

As usual:

I think it is time for another wiki expert 

@Ryonslaught said:

I will go with this nomination as well
#24 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ said:

As a person who likes things organized Ryonslaught lists make me vote for him.

@CitizenBane said:

I second the votes for Morph and texasdeathmatch.

remember he won't count your vote unless you provide links :)

#25 Posted by KillerZ (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Ah, thanks for reminding, I knew i forgot something.

#26 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: I'm just going to go with what K4tz and Lance have already said instead of my own write-up

#27 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ryonslaught said:

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vowed that you would win but I had to wait for you to write it up yourself!!!!

RYONSLAUGHT!!!!

@cyberninja said:

Popularity contest ftw.

You come here every week and complain that this is a popularity contest.

Maybe if you weren't so negative people would be voting for you as well.

#28 Edited by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: huh? you know it was a joke right? I really couldn't care less if I am nominated, and what's with this "negative" thingy, I vote for people ( if you look at previous weeks), don't believe me? ok here goes....

@k4tzm4n said:

Texasdeathmatch. I don't have any links off-hand (and I'm way too lazy to obtain them atm), but he's regularly tried his best to improve the quality of the battle threads, help noobs out, and is one of the most charismatic and likable dudes on this site. Plus, it was his birthday recently. So, give him a happy birthday by giving this award he's deserved since day 1.

I Vote for Texasdeathmatch and k4tzm4n.

#29 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: Yes I know you aren't really being serious, but I don't understand why you keep saying it. I mean - you did the same with Comso a fortnight ago, saying that he only won because all of his "friends" were helping him.

#30 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

@cyberninja: Yes I know you aren't really being serious, but I don't understand why you keep saying it. I mean - you did the same with Comso a fortnight ago, saying that he only won because all of his "friends" were helping him.

Honestly if I knew people would take it that seriously I wouldn't have posted that, so my bad, I'm sorry. sooooo.............are we good?

#31 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

Honestly if I knew people would take it that seriously I wouldn't have posted that, so my bad, I'm sorry. sooooo.............are we good?

We were never bad - and you have nothing to be sorry for. I just don't like people's merits being overlooked but I am sorry for jumping the gun.

#32 Edited by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

@cyberninja said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

We were never bad - and you have nothing to be sorry for. I just don't like people's merits being overlooked but I am sorry for jumping the gun.

Ok, and I promise to keep my shenanigans out of voting threads......sooooo..... can we not derail this thread any longer? ( that was poor choice of words, I hate this to turn into a debate) I mean can we call it a day?

#33 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: Agreed!

Hear ye, Hear ye - Start votin'!
#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Morph hasn't won? I could've sworn he had.

#35 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renchamp said:

As usual:

My second vote goes to Superkitty. As number three in wiki contributions, I think continuing to look over his contributions is downright crazy. He's the top contributor on classic character pages like Felix the Cat, Richie Rich, and Alfred E. Neuman. Regardless of recognition or not, this guy continues to churn it out. Really, 514,094 points. That should be enough.

seconded

#36 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ryonslaught said:

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

My vote goes to Ryonslaught.

Thank you for all your contributions in support of the community.

3 pages of blogs.

847 images!

and some pretty nice lists (18)...

Also, I commend you on nominating yourself too!

#37 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanosrules said:

@Ryonslaught said:

Batgirl Cassandra Cain

Jack Starsmore

Shard

Hiro

Emplate

My vote goes to Ryonslaught.

Thank you for all your contributions in support of the community.

3 pages of blogs.

847 images!

and some pretty nice lists (18)...

Also, I commend you on nominating yourself too!

My vote goes to Ryonslaught too. :)
#38 Edited by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Ryonslaught.

This is my first vote ever for Community Star. After seeing all the stuff done by him I finally decided to vote.

Fhiz also has done a great job.

#39 Posted by inferiorego (24108 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting thread closes in 2 1/2 hours!

Staff
#40 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Morph and k4tz
BB

#41 Posted by inferiorego (24108 posts) - - Show Bio

Few more minutes

Staff