This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by inferiorego (28309 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's party! Or vote... or rock the vote... let's just do this.

Last week, Superkitty took the cake that is the community star, and he actually noticed the award! It's a new week and time for a new winner. Check out the NEW RULES (kinda)!

Voting will begin now, Monday, January 16th, 2012 and will end at 12:00 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday, January 18th.

Community Star Voting Rules:

1. You are allowed to nominate two people max. You can nominate yourself if you want. It can be anyone on Comic Vine. While Zoidberg is a correct response, he is not a member of the vine... cue random user making a Zoidberg user profile...
  2. LINKS! Please post links to what the viner has done. Think like you do in the battle threads. You can't just say "GMan Curbstomps" and expect GMan to win, so give us a reason why the Viner you are voting for "curbstomps," and a link to that reason.Nominations WITHOUT LINKS, or a good reason why you don't need a link WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
  3. All nominees will be considered; however, the winner is not decided only by the number of votes alone. The winner is also decided by the content the nominee has contributed to the site. This isn't just a popularity contest. Having the most votes does not guarantee a win.
  4. I WILL haunt you for the rest of eternity by singing you "Kiss from a Rose" if you don't have fun! FEAR ME!
  5. The winner will then be interviewed by me on Thursday, and said interview, which will contain mild levels of ridiculousness, will be a part of the Community Star Article! I WILL GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! PERSONAL INTERVIEWS!

Don't vote for these people. They already won

Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow

amegashita

MS Feather

Sha

Psyentist

Decept-O

sora_thekey

Dark Huntress

Silkcuts

haydenclaireheroes

aztek the lost

Shatterstar

xerox-kitty

jrh7925

Razzatazz

Tonis

Fesak

SC

Red L.A.M.P.

pikahyper

jordama

TypingKira

icarusflies

gambler

jloneblackheart

ComicMan24

Liberty

Caligula

The Poet

Etragedy

Darkchild

Rogue_Mar1e

TUROKSONOFSTONE

Killer Z

thehummingbird

Pixelized

Aiden Cross

Blurred View

MTHarman

FadeToBlackBolt

Blue_Shield

MrUnknown/A_O_N_

InnerVenom123

TerryMcC

Primmaster64.

Cosmo111687

Vance Astro

Morpheus

Billy Batson

Static Shock

Superkitty

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

There are already 3 different Zoidberg accounts.

Ironically not a single one has a Zoidberg AV.

I'll get my obligatory K4tz vote up soon.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

I never know who to vote for....

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder where I got this here post from >.>

First vote for k4tzm4n.

Made 101 threads for Bane, Shocker and Rhino and Punisher (also made one for Crossbones but the internet devoured it for some reason) aimed at addressing various myths and misconceptions about the characters.

Battle forum pro. Debates all street levelers and doesn't afraid of anything.

Has 3,228 wiki points, 8 lists and 5 reviews.

As further evidence of K4tz dedication to helping generate debate, he and Texasdeathmatch(another user who should win at some point) have started up a weekly(ish) battle thing where they make teams to battle in good fights.http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/weeklyish-segment-3-texas-greats-versus-k4tzs-ehhh/649287/

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting for Zoidberg and k4tz.
BB

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

First vote for k4tzm4n.

Made 101 threads for Bane, Shocker and Rhino and Punisher (also made one for Crossbones but the internet devoured it for some reason) aimed at addressing various myths and misconceptions about the characters.

As further evidence of K4tz dedication to helping generate debate, he and Texasdeathmatch(another user who should win at some point) have started up a weekly(ish) battle thing where they make teams to battle in good fights.http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/weeklyish-segment-3-texas-greats-versus-k4tzs-ehhh/649287/

I echo DE's vote for K4tzm4n. The above mentioned threads aimed at noobs are a really good idea. 
#7 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, firstly, I vote for k4tzm4n, he's incredibly knowledgeable on obscure comic characters a lot of readers have either forgotten or haven't heard of, he's been incredibly persistent in the Battle forum when there was a lackluster of debaters, always willing to teach and debate in a civil manner, which makes him very approachable. Overall, seems to be a great guy worth having the spotlight.

My second vote would go to Erik, another knowledgeable member of the Vine with a common interest in Captain America, which I can appreciate. I haven't seen him around lately, but he sticks firm to his beliefs in his debates, and more often than not knows what he's talking about, even when dealing with illogical comic physics.

Runner up? Why, progenitor. He's done a Wesker appreciation thread, edited the Wesker Vine profile, and overall brings Wesker to the forefront when he has no business being there.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record the only reason I'm not voting for Erik is because he's currently away so he wouldn't be able to do an interview.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

My 2 nominations go to a couple of talented artistic Viners:

DomDom

Edgeworth_11

He's relatively a one-trick pony, as he doesn't 'List' or 'Blog'. But don't be deceived because his one trick is SO DAMNED AMAZING that everyone should see it! His fan art is beautiful, dynamic, sharp and more than a little sexy!

I'm running out of steam, but you get the message by now :)

#10 Posted by Saren (25117 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

First vote for k4tzm4n.

*grumbles*

Co-signed.

#11 Posted by Icarusflies (12513 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7561 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom. He doesn't really come here anymore, but he knows his stuff, especially when it comes to villains. He's got 10,000+ wiki points and I've discovered a lot of cool characters and comics because of him.

#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: @spiderbat87: @progenitor: @CitizenBane: Thanks.

I'll vote later when I have more time to actually give valid reasons.

Staff
#15 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

First vote for k4tzm4n.

I vote for k4tzm4n

#16 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: @haydenclaireheroes: Thank you very much for your votes. :)

#17 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

give it to thanosrules guys

#18 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ganthetsward20: Thanks man! :)

I do want to say, I just cracked the 10K mark tonight and have 12,785 points. :) and I FINALLY completed the Major Fan quest! That is enough to make the night alright! :)

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38352 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

First vote for k4tzm4n.

Co-Sign this.

Also I will throw Citizenbane out there. The guy has been here for about half a year or so and has already accumulated over 10,000 wiki points, has 7 reviews and a 4 lists. He also is one of the best debaters to come to the vine in recent time showing he has a good wealth of knowledge on a plethora of characters.

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta vote for Zoom. He's a 100 Bullets fan and doesn't afraid of anything.
BB

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: I think being community star also means being being on your best behavior in the forums. That said, Edgeworth shouldn't even be nominated. Just my opinion.

@Billy Batson: Zoom left the Vine months ago.

K4tzm4n has my vote.

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock:

and yet he was here a week ago :p
BB

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Must have been incognito.

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock:

Nah, just check his profile.
Agreed about edge btw.
BB