• 87 results
Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

Another fine week at the vine and another award to give out to an amazing viner. If there's one thing this site was originally known for, it was the wiki portion of the site. Today, it's still a predominant part of the site, but with the introduction of more videos and more writing, sometimes it, and the people who put the time and effort into it, don't get the credit they deserve.  This week we give the award to a man who has been here for almost three years. He has a killer beard, he's Canadian, and he's the second highest contributor to the wiki section at ComicVine. This week's Community Star is Aztek the Lost!

== TEASER ==
For those of you who don't know Aztek, he's been a member of the site for a few years, he's one of the fine, hard working moderators of the site, and he's a HUGE Vertigo fan. This becomes apparent when you see his wiki work. Anyway, let's get into the details:

List-O-Rama

• After the Watchmen film came out, DC asked the readers, "What's Next After the Watchmen?"Aztek ignored their answer to their own question and made a list of things you should read After Watchmen
  • The EASIEST way to stalk someone is to figure out what their interests are. Luckily, Aztek makes is easy and made a list of his favorite things

Reviews From The Underworld!

• Obviously, Aztek mainly reviews Vertigo books. Here's one that will catch your eye. Ever read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book? Regardless, Aztek reviewed Unwritten 17, which is essentially a choose-you-own-adventure story. 
  • Aztek loved issue 24 of Unknown Solider so much that if he could give a sixth star to a book "it would definitely be going to this issue."
  • If there's one thing Aztek loves about Vertigo, it's Hellblazer. Check out his review of Hellblazer 273, which has many links to more reviews of Hellblazer.

Wiki-Mania!

• Aztek has the 2nd most wiki-points out of anyone on the site (654,000 to be exact).You may wonder, what are those points in? Well, Aztek has 12,492 points on the Lucifer Morningstar page. A character from the Vertigo series of the same name and from the Sandman and The Demon.
  • Aztek loves Vertigo. How much? How about 11,051 point worth of love? Yes, that's right, Aztek has had one field day with the editing on the Vertigo page. 
  • Want to know what The Endless are? These seven Vertigo characters are pretty mysterious, but Aztek spent a lot of time and effort (4,133 points worth) explaining the characters to you! 

What a Wiki-tastic week! We'll be back next week with the award and maybe the voting thread will be back. Anyway, give your thanks to Aztek because without your praise, he may die. (He actually feeds off of the praise of his peers. Like a vampire, but with words)

See you guys next week!
Staff
#1 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek the Lost eats kittens...is that the type of person you want to celebrate??

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Well earned dude! :D

@danhimself said:

" Aztek the Lost eats kittens...is that the type of person you want to celebrate?? "

Psh. So do I. Don't tread on me! :p
#3 Posted by RYU/BATMAN (388 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: lol funny. 

Good job for you Aztek the Lost
#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! Aztek.
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

See, now you became a starlet lol :P But seriously congratulations. You are doing a great job :D

#6 Posted by blood_rose (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratz!!!!!! Man. You've earned it xD

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

For all those who are going to say, Aztek had IE post this at gunpoint...I'll have you know I told IE a LONG time ago he should have made me the Community Starlet (it was only females back then) and he shot down my proposal...in fact, I wrote out my own praises (in his words) and he didn't even use it (or inform me he was going to use me) so this is all legit!!! I swear!!! 

And yes, the beard is the envy of all. 

...also, Unknown Soldier #25 did live up to my expectations...for the record...and Hellblazer and Unwritten continue to be awesome 

oh and about the favorites list, my description says it all :P I actually have another list for Favorite Characters...but it's full of horrible attempts at humor, don't check it out

and my pages are amazing! read them and tell me how much you loved them!

P.S. I've been here for more than three years, not almost three. More like 3.3333333333333333333334 years... 

@inferiorego said:

"(He actually feeds off of the praise of his peers. Like a vampire, but with words) "
I can't believe you summed up my entire purpose better then I ever could...this is so true!!! 

oh yeah...and...I almost forgot...got to say what everyone else does for the sake of conformity 

"I don't deserve this (I really do) but I will take this honor with humility (yeah, right). To everyone who didn't get to be the Star, maybe next week (no really, if I can make it, anyone can)."
#8 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I tip my Hat to you King of Vertigo on Comicvine. May Lucifer Morningstar smile upon you.

I don't think I need to write why I agree with this entry as Community Star.  Cheers mate, you deserve it.

- Silkcuts

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: @RYU/BATMAN: @The Impersonator: @ComicMan24: @blood_rose: THANK YOU! your praises are all cherished! 

@danhimself: jealousy will get you nowhere
#10 Edited by _Mercy_ (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!! :D

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: you're the first past Star to post their congrats (and by extension the first who has nothing to gain) so 'tis truly appreciated...my cocky manner aside, I really am honored to have earned this and don't think I deserve it as much as dozens of others but hey, at least now I won't have to take it from someone else in a future week (as I saw people voted for me in that last thread, surprisingly)  

P.S. Lucifer responded to your request that he smile upon me...

#12 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: 

Congrats, Aztek!

You used to be my favorite mod...but "then along came xerox-kitty."  :D
#13 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:  Duder, no one will argue you deserving this.  Heck, how did I get the Star before you?  There were some people who responded on mine "I've never heard of him"...lol  If someone has not crossed Aztekkers at least once then they are not active on the vine....lol No one has a more balanced contribution to the Comicvine, I wonder how much time you sleep.  I am surprised IE did not post all of your alts.  Jack the Ripper holding me back from breaking into top 50 on the wiki BTW.... VNU is another favorite, since that one you used to inspire more Vertigo readers.  Okay... I'll stop talking. But Congrats again.

As for Mr. Morningstar.... okay sir.... no it is :(
#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Mercy_: thank you! 

@Roxanne Starr: 
 You Were Saying?

P.S. You better know where that's from as it's my favorite of his works and you are the top contributor on his page!!!
#15 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek Warrioraaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I don't konw what that means but.........Congrats!!! 
A Moderator with Vamparic tendancies.
#16 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like I should say something insulting to you my friend... but I can't think of anything right now... so Congratz on making it as a Star!
#17 Posted by FuryofObama2012 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Well deserved! All those Wiki entries you did are very informative.

#18 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh I thought we were not voting for Aztek because everyone already knew that he was a Starlet. 
  Someday I'll see one of those thread before they get closed.

Anyway here the random congratulation image

#19 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations Aztek

#20 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations MANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @_Mercy_: thank you! 

@Roxanne Starr: 
 You Were Saying?

P.S. You better know where that's from as it's my favorite of his works and you are the top contributor on his page!!! "
It was the original first panel in Paul's GLAM ROCK story in The Big Book of the 70's. The editor rejected it and had him replace it with this...

#22 Posted by jrh7925 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Very, very well deserved! Congrats!

#23 Posted by SC (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations man. I have mad respect and love for anyone who extolls the wonders and virtues of Vertigo books! Congratulations and thank you as well for all the hard work you do. 

#24 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great pick this week...

#25 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: 

Hi, SC!  (How about xerox-kitty for next week's starlet?)
#26 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, that guy's alright I guess....

#27 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats.

#28 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
" @SC: 

Hi, SC!  (How about xerox-kitty for next week's starlet?) "
Roxanne Starr and Liberty!  Who is down for a coup on the vote?
#29 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Aztek! 

@Silkcuts:
*Bites tongue in half*
"Theckondetdhh!!"

#30 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY AZTEK!!!!

#31 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done

#32 Posted by EGoD (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

Props to a fellow Canadian, way to cool us up man!
#33 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

You damn Canadians.  *ugh*  Bwa Ha Haa!!!   

No, congrats to Aztek.  He's a real down to Earth duder, real helpful to Viners like me.  Well deserved!
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost Bout damn time.
#35 Posted by marvelunivers_deleteme (315 posts) - - Show Bio

way to go you earned it

#36 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats aztek ;)

#37 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
LMAO
#38 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's about time you got it.  I've been telling IE for ages to give it to you.  I think Fesak should be next.

#39 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

jlone is next on my list of deserved winners ;)

#40 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
"

"
OMG YES. He's helped me out sooooooo much. 
#41 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

you deserve this especially with all of the stuff you do for the site with your wiki editing. Congrads. 

#42 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Good on you Aztek!

#43 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"

"
OMG YES. He's helped me out sooooooo much.  "

Agreed.
#44 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

u deserve it tekkers

#45 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
" Congrats Aztek! 

@Silkcuts:
*Bites tongue in half*
"Theckondetdhh!!" "
What?
#46 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats, Aztek!  You deserved it man. ;-)

#47 Posted by Shanana (53026 posts) - - Show Bio

bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIIIIIIS HISSSSSSS 

Hands AZ the key to her hotel room  ;) 

Congrats

#48 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Congrats. "
#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" Aztek the Lost eats kittens...is that the type of person you want to celebrate?? "
Yes, because we fear for our kittens! 

@Roxanne Starr said:
" @aztek the lost:   Congrats, Aztek!  You used to be my favorite mod...but "then along came xerox-kitty."  :D "
*snort* I'm the usurper mod!  ;) 

@aztek the lost: Congratulations, Mon Ami!  More proof that we respect the beard!
#50 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!!!