This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is for nominations for community spotlight.  What does that mean?  There are a lot of different areas on this site, and while we are one big community of comic fans, people tend to explore their interest in comics in different ways.  So for instance on this site, we have a lot of people that come here to only review, or only to edit the database, or only to partake on battle discussions.  The problem is that sometimes we get only a narrow viewpoint of what is going on with the whole of the site while missing a lot of stuff that might get our attention.  That is what this thread is aiming to fix.  Basically we will take nominations for any content that you feel should be highlighted on the site.  It can be yours, or it can be a friend’s, or it can be someone that you don’t know that you still really like anyway.  What can be highlighted?  Pretty much anything, just nominate and provide a link and an explanation and once vetted (probably by me) it will go on a list by the end of the week sometime (I will try to do this on the weekend time permitting) and due to the magic of the internet, a post will be made by me an information shared.  If you are lacking any inspiration for what you might think is worthy of being nominated think about what you like here and if there is anything that is going on that really caught your eye.  Some areas to think about are – battle threads which are getting some great discussion, cool new art, well written blogs or reviews, key wiki edits, popular RPG, or engaging fan fics.  But don’t be limited by that.  If you think that anything is deserving or recognition let us have it. 

This being the first week, please nominate things from this week up to and including Friday-ish when I will lock this thread.  But as this is the first one include anything you like from the last week as well.  

#2 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#3 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Joygirl (19566 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Pikahyper for becoming the number 1 for Wiki points.

#6 Posted by Nordok (1181 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

Nominate Razz for her always entertaining and well written blogs

#8 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

Pikahyper for becoming the number 1 for Wiki points.

And that's what I came back here to say...ok. I second and provide a link: Pika M

#9 Posted by ZombiePie (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I find this to be a good idea.

#10 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

for existing on this site. Honest people are few and far between.

#11 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446: Agreed but I need some content to highlight from her.  
#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis: Sure Pika is going to get some recognition I am sure.  
#13 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few contenders.

Lady loveless- rpger whos made a rather large selection of Images for other users during the recent create a cover phase.

Razzataz- consistent and quality submission in her blog section.

#14 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

IMPERO

#15 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kratesis said:

IMPERO

Seconded.
#16 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: I don't think you can nominate yourself.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (19566 posts) - - Show Bio

RazzaTazz actually said you could. It's just in poor taste.

#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure nominate yourself all you like, though I did like BlueLantern's blog.   

I think some people think this is for community star, it is not, I am just doing a wrap of CV contributions for the week.  

#19 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: I had to re-read the OP to make sure it wasn't lol.

Are they still doing Community Star?

#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower: As far as I know
#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Cool, thanks!

#22 Posted by SC (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to second (or third) the nomination for Joygirl, as fan fiction on CV I think needs more attention. So do posters who wear red alignment bars. We aren't evil, we are just misunderstood and evil.  

Adding weight behind Pikahyper too if thats allowed, because of his recent wiki accomplishment. That definitely isn't something that will happen every week.     

#23 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate SC because she's always in a good mood and has a lot of wiki points Her answers are helpful too.

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, some people are misunderstanding what this is. It's not Community Star. It's a community spotlight, where Razz gathers up and highlights a bunch of things that people have done for the community. For a better idea, check out the Community Spotlight over on Giant Bomb, run by ZombiePie.

#25 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: That was very helpful! Thanks!

#26 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, I have something else to submit. The comic book poll "Comic Vine Votes: Best of the Month" is now in it's 12th edition (meaning we have had a year of Best of the Month polls with Cosmo hosting 4 and me hosting 8 following that). Razz, if you click my mini bio (which really isn't that mini), you can see links to all 12 voting threads plus all 11 results threads (the 12th having not been released yet). I do plan to make a collection post in the next few days with lists to show a collection of the results from the past.

but yeah....@RazzaTazz: I voted for myself without voting for myself :P

#27 Posted by Lvenger (19417 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so red bars mean evil, black bars mean neutral and blue bars mean good? Oh that makes so much sense now. I feel really silly for not realising it sooner.

#28 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of the RPG section. The following posts from this month are worth highlighting.

1) Athens by Angeni
2) Comicvine Final War ( various contributors)
3) Adueho Procul Mihl Frater ( various)

#29 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

In my personal opinion