• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by inferiorego (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

The voting thread is back! In order to figure out who will be chosen as this week's starlet, I'm going to see what you guys think. The rules are below, so tell me who is worth of ComicVine Immortality.... or Internet Immortality.... or Immortality in general.

Rules:

Nominate someone you think is super-rad or nominate yourself.
Give a reason why and a link to something the person, or you, did the past couple of weeks on this site that is worthy. If there's no link, then I may pass over it. I like links.
No nominations for past winners please.
You get two nominations, anything more than that will be ignore to the X-treme.
It can be a guy or a girl. Don't matter none
Have fun.... or else.

It's about 1pm central now, and I'll keep this open until 10am Central time tomorrow.    
 Here's the past winners, so you don't vote for them again:
Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow
Sha
Psyentist
Decept-O 
sora_thekey
Dark Huntress
Silkcuts
Staff
#2 Edited by RYU/BATMAN (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate myself for being super awesome. 
I continue to update this list with every new quest and new community set. I created the Quest Answers list.

#3 Edited by deadpool1fanjon (449 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate RYU/BATMAN because he helps find answers for quests that i dont know the answer to. He also is helpful when fingding the correct answers.

#4 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

I have 2 people I'd like to nominate: 

jrh7925 - Not only friendly & helpful, but super humble too.  jrh has only been a member of Comic Vine since the start of December 2010, but has already propelled to the top 50 of Wiki contributors.  A major DC fan, jrh  has worked on overlooked characters like Aztek, Hourman, and even added obscure characters like Manhunter 2070 to Comic Vine.  Not o mention that jrg always gives them the professional new layout... no matter how minor the character.  To top it all off, SO many comic creators now have fresh photographs replacing of the placeholder images filled with question marks.  Really impressive dedication for someone who's only been a member for 8 weeks! 

Roxanne Starr - Forever fun & totally professional, Roxanne is a never ending fountain of comic book knowledge.   While I'm usually unabashed with my X-Men knowledge, I'm often left feeling shamefully mainstream by her knowledge of alternative comics & comic history.  Working in a comic shop she knows all the new titles to recommend to other members; she got me hooked on Chew & once kindly offered to send issues of Mr Stuffins to me, overseas, free of charge.  She's worked on the pages for dozens & dozens of Creators (including her own ;) and has created threads that celebrate alternate comic art.  Best yet is the fun Pulp Fiction Game which everyone can take part in, adding often cheeky & naughty titles to classic pulp covers.

#6 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14027 posts) - - Show Bio

Haydenclaireheroes.  Due to the high imput of reveiws and involvement with other site catergories.

#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unwritten Duck said:
" I nominate haydenclaireheroes. She is a very prominent user in the Comic Vine Community. She frequents in the forums and updates her blog and reviews often. She is also known as Comic Uno. She records video reviews that she posts on Youtube as well as in her Comic Vine Blog. In Comic reviews on the website she has over 170 reviews and she has near 270 followers. In one of her most recently updated blogs she answered a community question as to which comic series was her top ten. View the blog here:  http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/haydenclaireheroes/my-top-10-comic-book-series-video/87-64361/ "
I second this.
#8 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

haydenclaireheroes.    She has improved with her written and video reviews.  It takes a lot to put yourself out there, both in terms of writing, expressing your opinion, and putting your face in front of a camera.  She has listened to input from Viners and

asks 

for tips on how to improve.    

This is just a "simple" video post of hers but trust me, she has plenty more both video and written: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joT5510WCXk    
#9 Posted by .o0Johnny0o. (757 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
Roxanne Starr - Forever fun & totally professional, Roxanne is a never ending fountain of comic book knowledge.   While I'm usually unabashed with my X-Men knowledge, I'm often left feeling shamefully mainstream by her knowledge of alternative comics & comic history.  Working in a comic shop she knows all the new titles to recommend to other members; she got me hooked on Chew & once kindly offered to send issues of Mr Stuffins to me, overseas, free of charge.  She's worked on the pages for dozens & dozens of Creators (including her own ;) and has created threads that celebrate alternate comic art.  Best yet is the fun Pulp Fiction Game which everyone can take part in, adding often cheeky & naughty titles to classic pulp covers. "
#10 Edited by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio
Roxanne Starr- Keeper of the flame in the Awesome Pulp Fiction thread.
cbishop- puts in work like few others on the vine, deserves more exposure.
Liberty- puts in work like few others on the vine, deserves more exposure. 
Krakoa- puts in work like few others on the vine, deserves more exposure. 
Many Others...including haydenclaireheroes and Tonis
#11 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Wheres Love for Liberty?  He does mad work on the wiki's.  One of my personal favorites on reviews.  Has some of the best lists.

Aztek as well?  Where is the love? Aztek close second..... I like Roxanne Star, she is my second-runner up.  Hayden has passion and only got love for her.  But Liberty or Aztek really deserve it.

#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: @Silkcuts:  

@inferiorego said:
"You get two nominations, anything more than that will be ignore to the X-treme."
You can always nominate two more people next time :)
#13 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
Sorry. I will go with Roxanne Starr and cbishop for now then.
#14 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
" Wheres Love for Liberty?  He does mad work on the wiki's.  One of my personal favorites on reviews.  Has some of the best lists.  Aztek as well?  Where is the love? Aztek close second..... I like Roxanne Star, she is my second-runner up.  Hayden has passion and only got love for her.  But Liberty or Aztek really deserve it. "
So to clarify!

Liberty and Aztek get my votes.  There are a lot of great people on the vine, but those two should of had a star way before me.  I still feel guilty on that one.  
#15 Posted by Raptorus (354 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
" http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/tonis/   I nominate Tonis; he is one of the leading members in the activity of te art forums  "
Seconding Tonis.  

He's been very nice and helpful with the art community.  
#16 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
" @xerox-kitty:  Sorry. I will go with Roxanne Starr and cbishop for now then. "
dude, we split the vote...lol
how are our votes going to win now...
Roxanne would of had my second... and I should of dropped Aztek... Who votes Mods anyway?  Only suck ups like me I guess ...lol
#17 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: 
Aztek is more then worthy, he just has not been on my radar recently and you know how I feel about Liberty. Let's combine on the next vote....
#18 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
" @Silkcuts: 
Aztek is more then worthy, he just has not been on my radar recently and you know how I feel about Liberty. Let's combine on the next vote.... "
DEAL!
So keep them as they are now.  Next time we plan a coup...lol 
#19 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: 
Agreed.
#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unwritten Duck: Thanks so much. 
#21 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone:  Deal
#22 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: @.Mistress Redhead.:
@Unwritten Duck:  

Thanks so much guys I really do appreciate your votes.  
#23 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14027 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:  no problem, keep up the good work. 
#24 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Unarguably haydenclaireheroes, or harleyquinnhawkgirl. Their video reviews are really consistent, not many people can do that every week.
#25 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@harleyquinn12: Thanks so much. I am glad you like our videos. 
#26 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
" http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/tonis/   I nominate Tonis; he is one of the leading members in the activity of te art forums  "
That is a good one, but I still say Liberty and Aztek 
#27 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: Thanks so much I appreciate the nice words. 
#28 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:
No problemo says Decept-O!  You are deserving of them.  You've stood out for some time.
So many great Viners to choose from!
#29 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: Thanks again and I do agree there are some great viners to choose from. 
#30 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I get a vote? If so, I vote for haydenclaireheroes this time around. Great video reviews! 

If I, in fact, do not get a review, then screw you inferiorego. :)

#31 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner: Thanks so much for the vote. 
#32 Edited by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I third Tonis.  He's always there to lend a helping hand or impart some sagely advice (because he's deep like that).  If you post in the Artist Show-Off boards you know who he is and I think it'd be great to see him get a little time in the limelight for being such a cool and helpful guy.  Just check out his massive art portfolio.  Or one of his latest projects to bring the artists of the site together: Talent Pageant.

My second nomination goes to Aztek the Lost.  On the wiki side of the site it seems Aztek is always on top of things and he's helped me out personally on more than one occasion.  He's the second biggest contributor to this site and a really cool mod to boot!

#33 Posted by jrh7925 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, thanks xerox-kitty for all the kind words!

Since I am more on the Wiki side, I can only speak for those contributions. I second Aztek the Lost and Liberty. Both have been outstanding contributors, and have done a ton of work on the Wiki side.

#34 Posted by Liberty (9189 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: @Silkcuts:   Thanks Guys.  Even if turoksonofstone ditched me for two others.   I feel so betrayed. =]

As for my votes there are a lot of great comicviners.  silkcuts, turoksonofstone, Amegashita and others.  Silkcuts already has already won once so I don't have to worry about them and I won't vote for myself no matter how awesome I am.  =]  As much as I like turoksonofstone and Amegashita and I know they deserve the vote I have to honestly say cbishop and haydenclairheros.

Cbishop
Cbisop is the man.  He puts in the extra time and effort in everything he does.  He is friendly and helpful.  I think he and Silkcuts and haydenclaireheroes are the best on the vine.
haydenclaireheros
Speaking of haydenclaireheroes she can always be counted on.  She is friendly and makes great reviews.  What I love about her the most is her love for comics is so genuine and unapologetic.  btw don't thank me haydenclairheroes because you are kicking my butt on this.  =]  
#35 Posted by Liberty (9189 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrh7925:   Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I mean that thank you!!!!!!!!! =]
#36 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather said:
" I third Tonis.  He's always there to lend a helping hand or impart some sagely advice (because he's deep like that).  If you post in the Artist Show-Off boards you know who he is and I think it'd be great to see him get a little time in the limelight for being such a cool and helpful guy.  Just check out his massive art portfolio.  Or one of his latest projects to bring the artists of the site together: Talent Pageant.

My second nomination goes to Aztek the Lost.  On the wiki side of the site it seems Aztek is always on top of things and he's helped me out personally on more than one occasion.  He's the second biggest contributor to this site and a really cool mod to boot! "
AZTEK ^_^  
I like Tonis the few times I spoke to him, I just don't roam the artist forums much.  But Aztek is likely the most balanced attack of all the users on the vine.  Glad you see that Aztek ROCKS

@jrh7925 said:
" First off, thanks xerox-kitty for all the kind words!

Since I am more on the Wiki side, I can only speak for those contributions. I second Aztek the Lost and Liberty. Both have been outstanding contributors, and have done a ton of work on the Wiki side. "

If they don't win, are you down to join Turok's and mine Coup for Aztek and Liberty?

@Liberty said:
" @turoksonofstone: @Silkcuts:   Thanks Guys.  Even if turoksonofstone ditched me for two others.   I feel so betrayed. =]

As for my votes there are a lot of great comicviners.  silkcuts, turoksonofstone, Amegashita and others.  Silkcuts already has already won once so I don't have to worry about them and I won't vote for myself no matter how awesome I am.  =]  As much as I like turoksonofstone and Amegashita and I know they deserve the vote I have to honestly say cbishop and haydenclairheros.

Cbishop
Cbisop is the man.  He puts in the extra time and effort in everything he does.  He is friendly and helpful.  I think he and Silkcuts and haydenclaireheroes are the best on the vine.
haydenclaireheros Speaking of haydenclaireheroes she can always be counted on.  She is friendly and makes great reviews.  What I love about her the most is her love for comics is so genuine and unapologetic.  btw don't thank me haydenclairheroes because you are kicking my butt on this.  =]   "

Dude, that is why I like you.   You could of voted anyway but you still voted for the one running away with the votes.  Your right hayden has love for comics and at her age it can still grow and mature, since she has that love.  Cbishop is great too, glad you voted him.  Your a good man, Mr. JLA.  If you don't win this round I got you next.  Good luck buddy!
#37 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty: Trust me you still deserve a thank you and you are one of my best friends on the vine. 

You get my vote you work so hard on the vine with your lists and your wikis.  
You deserve it. 
#38 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: The ASO and Editing & Tools boards are the only ones I frequent, plus I'm much more active in the wiki side of the site so that's a big factor as to why I chose who I chose.  On both sides I've found Aztek to be the most helpful though, so really that one was a no-brainer. ; )
#39 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say aztekthelost for many things.  

His Quest thread and a creative way for others to get the quest. Not to mention putting a lot of work into it 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/quests/3626/back-talkin-twist-of-lime-the-whole-shebang-the-third-act/594081/     

There is also his massive wiki contributions 
http://www.comicvine.com/lucifer-morningstar/29-24232/     
http://www.comicvine.com/vertigo/57-521/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/the-endless/65-40483/    

He also adds new releases, which is a hard and constant job here at CV, and has most likely added more issues to the site than 99% of CV's users put together. 

I will nominate jloneblackheart for the last 2 reasons. If you want links, I can help you out
#40 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Haydencalireheroes: she one of my best friends. and she's so nice and pretty!
#41 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@jointron33: Thanks so much you are one of my best friends also. 
#42 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renee: Thanks so much for your vote. You are a great viner also and love seeing you on the forums so much. 
#44 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:  Told you before you even saw the link, your running away with it.  I am glad I am not eligible anymore, because at your popularity I wouldn't stand a chance.
#45 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unwritten Duck said:
"I nominate haydenclaireheroes. She is a very prominent user in the Comic Vine Community. She frequents in the forums and updates her blog and reviews often. She is also known as Comic Uno. She records video reviews that she posts on Youtube as well as in her Comic Vine Blog. In Comic reviews on the website she has over 170 reviews and she has near 270 followers. In one of her most recently updated blogs she answered a community question as to which comic series was her top ten. View the blog here:  http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/haydenclaireheroes/my-top-10-comic-book-series-video/87-64361/ "
#46 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Thank you but if you were in the race I bety I would not have as many votes. 
#47 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:
" @Silkcuts: Thank you but if you were in the race I bety I would not have as many votes.  "
That is gold.  As humbling as that sounds, it is far from truth. There was like 3 or 4 people on my article congratulating me and never heard of me....lol One person even said, "Where was the voting thread"... I can easily see that as "I wouldn't of voted for him".  As active as I am, not many knew who I am and I was lucky I got noticed by the right people. 

You have great exposure, your one of the most recognizable people on the vine.  Your running away with it and I am glad I am not in this race.
#48 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate myself for obvious reasons.
#49 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Wow I never really thought so many people recognized the stuff I do. 
#50 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:  Your videos are a big hit it would seem ^_^
Told you that you made the trend cool.