Comicvine Poll: In 2009, who is DC's top character?

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kurrent
Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Zghost

I think batman is currently with battle of the cowl, but starting next month with blackest night it will be hal jordan.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I'll be honest I am waiting for the trade of BotC, but right now it has to be Hal.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Right now......I'd say its close. Superman and Grayson are doing big thangs while Hal is a close third (in my opinion). But when its all said an done who knows.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Agent

I'll go for the underdog saying that it's Dick Grayson

He is appearing in more comics right now than all of the other options together and if he does inherit the cowl he'll be the one leading DC's biggest franchise for the time being.

Hal Jordan for second place with Blackest Night

Superman is off planet, Batman is "dead" and Wonder Woman is once again for whatever reason in the background, this year ain't for the trinity

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Many non-comic readers have no clue who Hal is... Everyone knows who Bats is and most know he is dead now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman is in the background in terms of the DCU pushing her story (the current arc is hot). Its just for whatever reason her fanbase has never reached the level of Batman or Superman. I blame her supporting cast and weak @$$ rogues gallery.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Gambler said:
"I wouldn't say Wonder Woman is in the background in terms of the DCU pushing her story (the current arc is hot). Its just for whatever reason her fanbase has never reached the level of Batman or Superman. I blame her supporting cast and weak @$$ rogues gallery."
I blame the rogues gallery too. She's a strong and awesome character, but I could care less about who she fights
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chaos Agent
Gambler said:
"I wouldn't say Wonder Woman is in the background in terms of the DCU pushing her story (the current arc is hot). Its just for whatever reason her fanbase has never reached the level of Batman or Superman. I blame her supporting cast and weak @$$ rogues gallery."
yeah but you have to admit she ain't in no way getting the push that other characters are getting

Superman got World without superman and 5 related series (Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl, Superman: World of New Krypton and Adventure Comics)
Batman got Battle for the cowl and has 10 related series (Batman, Detective Comics, Red Robin, Batman Confidential, Batgirl, Azrael (heard someone post that he was comming at the end of the year not sure), Outsiders, Batman: Streets of Gotham and Gotham Sirens)
Hal Jordan got the Blackest night and it seems like it's going to be the event of the year

Wonder Woman only has one comic with one story, according to Didio's comments it would seem that they are willing to give Diana another series but it seems like they are expecting that the fanbase will just magically appear out of nowhere without any help. Why leave Black Canary as the leader of the Justice League and take Diana off just because Superman and Batman are too? I mean the description John Stewart gave to Black Canary's leadership is exactly how Wonder Woman is
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chaos Agent
inferiorego said:
"Gambler said:
I blame the rogues gallery too. She's a strong and awesome character, but I could care less about who she fights"
Wonder Woman has some awesome villains like Circe and Ares as well as Cheetah, what she needs is more of those kind lol
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Chaos Agent said:
"inferiorego said:
"Gambler said:
I blame the rogues gallery too. She's a strong and awesome character, but I could care less about who she fights"
Wonder Woman has some awesome villains like Circe and Ares as well as Cheetah, what she needs is more of those kind lol"
Cheetah is pretty awesome, don't really care for the others. But overall, gallery is not too great.
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chaos Agent

didn't say it was lol

just saying that she has 3 awesome villains so it's not a total loss. Then again with her having such a mythologic connected origin I'm surprised she hasn't found more good ones

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Chaos Agent said:
"didn't say it was loljust saying that she has 3 awesome villains so it's not a total loss. Then again with her having such a mythologic connected origin I'm surprised she hasn't found more good ones"
MANdusa... There, I just made up a cheesy one
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chaos Agent

it's better than Egg-fu

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I kind of like him... He reminds me of MODOK

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

I am going to go with Hal Jordan. My next choice would Superman, he has left the Earth to go to New Krypton(which I'm actually enjoying), but hasn't done too much. In fact Hal Jordan has even shown up on New Krypton as well. My third choice would probably be Grayson for Battle of the Cowl. But Hal Jordan just has so much going on right now. Going from Green Lantern to Red Lantern. And then now he is a Blue and Green Lantern at the same time, and is about to fight an Orange Lantern. He just has so much going on right now with him.

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A
B
C

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Calvin

Superman with World of New Krypton.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Agent
@Calvin said:
" Superman with World of New Krypton. "
Superman is in one book, even Supergirl is getting more exposure
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By blade hunter

Tim Drake :)

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kurrent

Hal Jordan.....The whole Blackest night thing and giving the League their balls back.....how can he not be number 1 this year

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By geometry

Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
geometry said:
Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes.
Are you reading DC comics at all?
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By geometry
inferiorego said:
geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes. Are you reading DC ... [more]

DC doesn't have Ororo, T'Challa, Namor, or Logan. So that would be a "no".
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
geometry said:
inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes. Are you ... [more]
Give Green Lantern a try, it's the best DC has to offer.
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kurrent
geometry said:
inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes. Are you ... [more]
Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geometry
inferiorego said:
geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats or Supes. ... [more]
YAY!
@inferiorego said:
"
geometry said:
Give Green Lantern a try, it's the best DC has to offer."
Do you have a specific issue I should start at?
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
geometry said:
inferiorego said: geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go with Bats ... [more]
Green Lantern: Rebirth TPB
then into the newest series... Amazing stuff. You kind of have to be into sci-fi and cosmic stuff to fully appreciate it though. However, I've never head anyone say they disliked it.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geometry
inferiorego said:
geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i would go ... [more]
I smell what you're steppin in.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
geometry said:
inferiorego said: geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: inferiorego said: geometry said: Who's Hal? WW's a lost cause. So i ... [more]
poop
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By geometry

Sorry to change the subject but when I used to watch the cartoon JLU, the Green Lantern had a different name. is that guy in the book at all? And is he still bangin Shayera?

Jade1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jade1977

Right now, I'd have to say Hal Jordan. It's refreshing to see somebody besides the "big three" get some attention for a change.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By geraldthesloth

Where is superboy!?

Im expecting a big year for him

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn
Superman is still Top Dog... 2 NBA Players hold the title of Superman... ( Shaq and Dwight Howard )

lol