#1 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is the right place to post this,
I started a list about it here:
 http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/artisticneedham/comics-with-prologue-introductions/75-19484/

But I have noticed that lately more and more comics have a set prologue or introduction statement, like the Avengers' "there came a day.." intro.  Now Green Lantern, Flash, the Avengers, and some others have a set intro.

Avengers 
 "And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's Mightiest Heroes found themselves united against a common threat! On that day, the Avengers were born, to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand."

New Avengers 
 Earth's Mightiest Heroes, united against a common threat! On that day the Avengers were born, to fight foes that no single hero could withstand! 

Avengers Academy 
 And there came a day, a day when Earth's Mightiest Heroes opened their doors to teach the next generation! On that day, the Avengers Academy was born, to train young adults to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! 

Those are just the Avengers intros, but Batman Beyond, Booster Gold, Doom Patrol, and others have intros.
I have added a few to my list.  But there might be others I have missed.  What do you guys think about this?
#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it's helpful the first time, but it gets a bit annoying very quickly.

#3 Edited by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies:  

It's kind of cool, and you don't always have to read it, lol.   

What's really great is that more and more titles, Marvel's in particular, have been including descriptions of past events prior to each comic.  This is really great and makes jumping into arcs much simpler and less confusing 

Even though I'm very aware of what happened in past issues, as I think about comics and contemplate what I've read pretty much continuously, it's kind of nice to just read a brief overview of what previously occurred since it immediately puts things in context. 
#4 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

There's actually more to the Avengers prologue, I found this on wikipedia

"And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born—to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, the Avengers Assemble!"