Comics with absorption/melting?

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lavans

I was curious as to if you guys knew of any comics that has physical absorption or melting?

Currently I'm only aware of 4 comics with absorption - Wonder Woman V2 #160 ( Wonder Woman was absorbed by Clayface ), Action Comics #715 ( Parasite absorbed Torval Freeman ), Supergirl V4 #30 ( evil Matrix absorbed Linda Danvers ), and an issue of X-Men ( forget which, but Desolation absorbed Jean Grey )

On the front of physical melting, I know that in Shadowpact #18 a woman was physically melted down by the Sun King. Are there any other comics that have this kind of content?

In both requests, I'm not necessarily looking for notable characters being absorbed/melted. Anyone in general is fine, as long as it involves absorption or melting.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: For those of you who are curious as to why I ask, it's because I find the premise and aftermath of absorption/melting to be interesting, and seeing how the characters respond to such a situation. Struggles and fights between characters hold little value to me. As such, I prefer reading comics that have a little more emotion in it. Personally, I'm getting tired of all the standard deaths, tragedies, and obstacles found in most comics. Because absorption and melting is so infrequently visited, those two subject matters are what currently catch my eye the most. For example, when Linda Danvers merged with Matrix, the tension and drama she had with her parents, and the resolution that came from it, was really captivating.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Ah...

I feel... weird replying to this. I just have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I'm feeding a strange fetish.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Martian
Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

@lavans: I'm not exactly sure what your asking. Do you want to know of instances where one character absorbs another or melts them, or are you asking WHAT characters are able to absorb another or melt another??

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lavans

fanofsuperheroes, im asking for instances where a character is either physically absorbed, or melted.

Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

@lavans: Do you know about the Phalanx? That is an entity of some sort that does nothing but absorb creatures.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BatWatch

@JediXMan said:

Ah...

I feel... weird replying to this. I just have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I'm feeding a strange fetish.

I'm with you. Alright mister OP, if this isn't about a fetish, what is it about?

@mr.obvious said:

@lavans: Anything involving this guy...

Or this guy.

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lavans

hm, i dont recall clayface absorbing anyone other than wonder woman. never heard of melter. also, doesnt the phalans just turn people into machines?

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lavans

Just read up a little on Melter. It seems he can only melt non-organic elements. Was there ever a situation where he melted a person? ( Just to clarify, I'm looking for situations where a person was absorbed/melted, and any applicable issues that portrayed it ).

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Fallout melts stuff (Flash)

Spectre turns Dr. Light into a candle and melts him. (Final Crisis: Revelations)

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

@lavans said:

Just read up a little on Melter. It seems he can only melt non-organic elements. Was there ever a situation where he melted a person? ( Just to clarify, I'm looking for situations where a person was absorbed/melted, and any applicable issues that portrayed it ).

Melter has been known to melt a person's flesh off with his tech in the past... although I'm unsure of which specific issues when he did so, he was an Iron Man foe so he appeared in the Iron Man comics alot...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@lavans said:

Yes, he has. Young Avengers Dark Reign, can't remember which issue.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

Supergirl got absorbed in issue 9 of the New52 series.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#14  Edited By cbishop

Plasmus melts people, so anything he's been in.

The Clayface reference is to Preston Payne - his touch melts people.

Ice Scream was a one shot badguy from Obnoxio the Clown.

Mudman.

I could probably think of a few more, but it's late so I'm going to bed. Cheers.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#15  Edited By cbishop

Seriously though: if you're going to put out an odd request like this, you really should satisfy folks' curiosity on why. 109 views says we want to know. ;)

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lavans

Thanks for the replies! Preston Payne's story seems to be the most intriguing thus far.

For those of you who are curious as to why I ask, it's because I find the premise and aftermath of absorption/melting to be interesting, and seeing how the characters respond to such a situation. Struggles and fights between characters hold little value to me. As such, I prefer reading comics that have a little more emotion in it. Personally, I'm getting tired of all the standard deaths, tragedies, and obstacles found in most comics. Because absorption and melting is so infrequently visited, those two subject matters are what currently catch my eye the most. For example, when Linda Danvers merged with Matrix, the tension and drama she had with her parents, and the resolution that came from it, was really captivating.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

Uncanny X-Men 305 and 306 feature some absorption and meting.

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lavans

I just started looking into Plasmus. I've only seen one issue where he's melted someone, which is in New Teen Titans issue 28. According to wikipedia, he could actually control the protoplasmic goo that the people would melt into. So obviously there's more than just that one issue, but I'm having difficulty finding them. Any help please?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Loki9876

War machine's armor was melted by the melter in a recent book of the invicible iron man.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By X35

@lavans: There's another Melter who has melted a lot of people by accident. He's not appeared in much but almost all his appearances have involved melting.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#21  Edited By BatWatch

@lavans said:

hm, i dont recall clayface absorbing anyone other than wonder woman. never heard of melter. also, doesnt the phalans just turn people into machines?

There are about five different clayfaces. Clayface Marko is...probably the most well known. That's up for debate, but anyway, Clayface Payne has no shape shifting abilities, but he melts everyone he touches, and he feels hunger when he does not feed by melting people.

No Caption Provided

That's the best I could find. Nineties Batman isn't the most violent of comics, but I am pretty sure it shows melted bodies in some comics.

Also, what is this about if not a fetish? You ignored me once already. It just makes me think it is a fetish.

Have fun getting your jolly. Just don't ever melt someone in real life because then I would feel bad for feeding you.

Edit: I saw your response about why you want melting pictures when I read more of the thread. Seems odd, but I guess I'll take your word for it.

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lavans

@PsychoKnights said:

@lavans said:

There are about five different clayfaces. Clayface Marko is...probably the most well known. That's up for debate, but anyway, Clayface Payne has no shape shifting abilities, but he melts everyone he touches, and he feels hunger when he does not feed by melting people.

Yeah, I actually found out about Payne from an earlier comment in this thread. I must say he's probably one of my most favorite super villains, primarily because of his tragic background, and that he's a villain not because he want's to be, but because he has to be.

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lavans

@X35 said:

@lavans: There's another Melter who has melted a lot of people by accident. He's not appeared in much but almost all his appearances have involved melting.

You mean from New Avengers?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By X35

@lavans said:

@X35 said:

You mean from New Avengers?

No. He's a teen superhero. He melted his parents and is a wanted criminal for it. He also melted an old lady by accident.

A young Melter melts his parents
A young Melter melts his parents
The Melter's name is derived from his abilities, he is capable of melting nearly any substance, from bullets, to the ground, and even people. He does not need to be touching the things he melts, but it seems like he needs to be in their immediate area. He seems to generate heat when he uses his powers. However, he lacks hardly any control with his powers, having melted through to a subway, and even melting an old lady at one point.
lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lavans

@X35: Yeah, him. Sorry, I meant from Young Avengers, not New Avengers

lavans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lavans

For those still interested - Uncanny X-Men #4 (2012) is mostly themed around absorption, where a Phalanx absorbs a girl and her family, a few people here and there, then eventually an entire town. It's kind of a tragic story for just about everyone in the comic, including the Phalanx.