#1 Edited by Zghost (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Was curious who out there buys the comics, then buys or doesn't buy the graphic novels and how many just wait till the graphic novel is complied?

#2 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I wait. And they're not graphic novels.

A true graphic novel is printed in paperback form to begin with. It's intended to be read like a novel. They aren't monthly comics compiled into one book just to milk it some more.

#3 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually wait until they become hardcovers.

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Girth said:
" I usually wait until they become hardcovers. "
Ooooh, someone has money to burn... hello, sailor!!

I mostly wait for cheap collections of comics on eBay.  If there is a cheap trade paperback then I'll get that.  But I haven't bought an original graphic novel or hardcover since the JLA/JSA cross over.  That was so disappointing, I decided never to waste my money like that ever again.
#5 Posted by Zghost (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thanks for the input, I was trying to decide about battle for the cowl is how i got the question.

#6 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the comics. I don't read trades

#7 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy trades if I want the older issues that I've missed out on.

For example, after I started collecting Iron Fist I bought some IF trades, and I also bought Civil War cause I missed the entire thing.

But I want to buy Batman: BFTC too, because of all the good stuff I've heard on here.
#8 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

TPBs!

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Vertigo's mostly known for trades, so that's the majority but say there's a good series that isn't in trades, I'll buy in comics...and than there's all the other single issues here and there

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, but mostly trades. A lot of the trades I've been picking up recently are 2+ years old though. I'm currently reading Ex Machina, and I've found it's easier and cheaper to buy the trades than try to find all the individual back issues.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Both, but mostly trades. A lot of the trades I've been picking up recently are 2+ years old though. I'm currently reading Ex Machina, and I've found it's easier and cheaper to buy the trades than try to find all the individual back issues. "
This.
#12 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gloom said:
"TPBs! "

#13 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

If the story ach is good I normaly buy the TPB (along with the issues)

#14 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it used to be just comics. Only over the last several years have I been getting the trades instead.