Comics/Manga

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

What would happen if the best comic book artists, editors, and writers switch with manga best? Meaning the comic team would make their own manga series, and the manga would make their own comic series. Who would do better job? How would it go? Explain why you answered the way you did.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure of the rules of this switch. Do you mean like comic book creators would do a story based on a particular manga series?

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Comic book writers would flourish. They would do such a great job it's not even funny. It would be fresh, new, exciting, etc.

Manga writers would go broke. they can't just create a new villain that's stronger than the last like they do in manga, they wouldn't last more than a decade at most imho.

-a manga fanboy

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't get this thread but I just want to say that due to his balance between extreme violence,darkness, and Bochi would make an excellent Deadpool writer

Especially with this art

No Caption Provided

@cooldes said:

Comic book writers would flourish. They would do such a great job it's not even funny. It would be fresh, new, exciting, etc.

Manga writers would go broke. they can't just create a new villain that's stronger than the last like they do in manga, they wouldn't last more than a decade at most imho.

-a manga fanboy

Eeh that more of a shonen thing and also they could just use stronger comic villains

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mangas would last forever with no end to story in sight, the comics would have a progressive storyline with continued escalation but would eventually run out.

The art has the potential to be awesome both ways and I think both would have interesting stories, although the manga writers would always have an end goal in mind so potentially be better or more entertaining for story and character development.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: No they make up their own series, same goes for the manga writers. neither group is allowed to miss with anything that already exist, so count the jla and z fighters out.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hart7668

Both end disastrously.

Now, if they wanted to do this with existing franchises it would be different

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By justice teen

@hart7668: I thought about suggesting that, but then I realize it had more negatives than positives.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Nonsense, there are plenty of manga that don't need a copious amount of villains. Such as Parasyte, Deadman Wonderland, Area D - Inou Ryouiki, Full Metal Alchemist, Hungry Joker, Hellsing, ect..

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

Death Note would not have an ending. It would be ongoing and it would be awful because, like most mangas, it was not meant to be ongoing.

It's the only manga I've actually enjoyed, so I can't really speak to any other specific titles, but there are major stylistic differences between the Western style of comics and the Japanese style that would make most stories on both sides weird to read (at the least) if done in the other style.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: ongoing, unfinnished, or longrunning manga. Comics are continuous, so manga writers would do what they do for continuous manga, which is what i stated.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Or they could do like Marvel/DC and make different universes, each one showing different outcomes or a different story.