comics? digital or paper.and how many titles do you read?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I prefer my comics digital and since I have discovered marvel unlimited, I probably read 20 or more titles(marvel)...I started with the year 2004 and literally loaded every title I could load and just started reading as I had missed several issues in my life and only read big titles... I get reading orders for all events and now get all backstory,,, It is literally the best thing ever when trying to read comics.... I have gotten past World War Hulk arc and everything makes more sense with back story.. I am able to read titles I would never pay money for such as Thor, GOTG, Nova, and moon knight(which is awesome).... If dc ever came out with an unlimited app,, I would just have to get rid of cable because I don't think I would ever stop reading in my down time...I read lots of dc titles too including Snyder's batman but they are harder for me to get...as I can't afford every title I want and have to search to find the titles... Youtube channels have great ways to read them but I miss the ambiance of taking my time and appreciating the art...

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I read print and read around 10 series or so.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan:

Dang so you are spending 200 dollars a month?? or do you do it where your subscriptions line up where they renew one every month..That is how I used to do it back before I could do the unlimited thing..

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually get digital. It's just so much more efficient, although I enjoy the occasional trip to the comic shop just for the sake of tradition. I get around 15 series most of the time. I still don't spend over 100 though (usually around 75 or so).

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I download them on my phone and I just buy Aquaman & Superman.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I usually can't keep up with 3+ titles. I just limit it to 2 or 1 :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Paper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Physical, four current ongoings (with two more on the way and two miniseries).

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: No way XD Each comic is $3-4. Since I follow 10 series or so, I spend ~$37 a month.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: ha my math was way off.... I am just trying to figure how to read more titles lol... the unlimited app is by far the best thing to happen to my comic reading since well ever lol... I used to go to the book store and read all the titles for that week when my daughter was younger but now they don't even carry most of the titles... so I read marvel through the unlimited app and subscribe to batman, justice league, and buy volumes of such titles as green arrow and flash... you tube has alot of the dc titles that can be read...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: what do you use to download them?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By micah007123

I'm mainly digital. How many titles I read varies but I usually try to keep up with about 4 mainstays.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: It depends on how you look at things. For many people the digital option is necessary or simply better. But for me, i prefer print comics and although it is more expensive, i enjoy buying the books and supporting the print industry. I don't want everyone going digital into this subscription kind of thing, because then we wouldnt have local comic shops and the whole comic book scene would grow stale. That being said, I think that as long as the majority remain print readers and we have a decent portion of digital readers, i think it is balanced. I'm glad you are enjoying the experience, but i wouldnt recommend using youtube for reading. Like i said, support the industry where you can :P

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: yeah I agree... you can't appreciate it as much on YouTube. .. I do order volumes in which are print.. I just ordered green arrow volume 4 and I have heard great things about it... @micah: shoot my problem is I read to many lol

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I mostly buy digital comics through Comixology whenever there's a great deal for a series I'm already thinking of starting. Otherwise I usually stick to print comics. Even though they're a little more expensive they're a lot more fun to read and collect for me. I'm in the middle of reevaluating my pull-list, but I usually stick to no more than 10 series'. There's also a few I'll be following with TPBs.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: LOL yeah I've been trying to cut back alot. Keep some of that cash in my pocket ;)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Print. 12 ongoings and a few limited series here and there.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: 12 continous? Do you do subscriptions or comic book store or book store? @micah: shoot the marvel unlimited app cuts cost completely out of the equation but I lose myself in marvel and forget to read my dc and independent titles lol...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Pull List at a Comic Book Store owned by the coolest/nicest guy ever.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: is that expensive? I mean I probably spend 50 dollars a month on comic related material... not including the 70 dollars a year on the unlimited app but I agree the printed ones I appreciate so much more...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Yeah I got Marvel Unlimited to help cut back cost and it worked out perfectly. It allowed me to add more DC and read some more independent stuff. Now a days I usually try to have at least one book from DC, Marvel, Valiant, Boom, IDW or Image on my pullist by the week. That way I get as much diversity as possible while saving money at the same time.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My collection was canabalized by my heroin addict ex girlfriend so........digital.

Freaking ¶@%&^

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read in paper. It for some reason just feels great having an issue in hand

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By newecho

@micah: see that was my intention when I got the unlimited lol but I have went back and filled in gaps and reread story arcs of the last few years and started series that I never would read because I never thought I would like them ie moon knight who knew that dude would be awesome. ... and well my other reading materials have suffered lol.. this site helps because you can get information about characters but it usually becomes a marvel vs dc thing and becomes heated which is not what I want when I debate characters. .. who is your favorite writer?.. mine is Snyder and not just bats....

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@battle_forum_junkie: is that expensive? I mean I probably spend 50 dollars a month on comic related material... not including the 70 dollars a year on the unlimited app but I agree the printed ones I appreciate so much more...

Nah, even when compared to the price of most digital comics it's not all that expensive. Still, I try to keep my monthly comic budget to around 35 - 40 dollars a month - not counting the more than occasional TPB - in order to make sure I have more than enough money to spend on other hobbies and more trivial monthly expenses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: No. I mean I have a pull list that the owner keeps for all of my books so each month he knows what to keep for me.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: we don't have a comic book stores in my city...I have a book store that carries some titles but not all and mostly only has dc.... they don't have any independent unless you consider image independent. ...its sad really lol

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@micah: see that was my intention when I got the unlimited lol but I have went back and filled in gaps and reread story arcs of the last few years and started series that I never would read because I never thought I would like them ie moon knight who knew that dude would be awesome. ... and well my other reading materials have suffered lol..

Same here. I can't say for sure I'd still be reading Marvel or even DC without having started with Marvel Unlimited. The biggest problem new readers face when jumping into comics is getting up to speed on all the continuity. I started with Avengers vs X-Men which led me into Marvel Now and from there I went back and read things like Annihilation, X-Men Second Coming, Dark Phoenix Saga, Avengers Disassembled ect and that really helped fill in the gaps.........well that and Wikipedia LOL.

this site helps because you can get information about characters but it usually becomes a marvel vs dc thing and becomes heated which is not what I want when I debate characters. .. who is your favorite writer?.. mine is Snyder and not just bats....

I agree. My favorite writer would have to be Kieron Gillen. Quite frankly I'm loving his work on the current Darth Vader Ongoing. So far he's really nailed the dialogue and overall feel of the Star Wars Universe and I hope he doesn't leave for the time being. Snyder is great as well, I think he might be my favorite Bats writer.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Some print, mostly digital.

GL

GLC

GL:NG

Aquaman

Avengers

New Avengers

Amazing Spider-Man

Wolverines

JLU

Black Widow

Iron Fist

Elektra

The Invaders

Sinestro

Deadpool

Moon Knight

Thor

Mighty Avengers

Grayson

Captain Marvel

GotG

Star Lord

Groot

Deathlok

Hawkeye

Storm

Silver Surfer

Rocket Racoon

I spend 30-40 a week in digital

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like it might be a good spot to pose the question.

I'm mostly a marvel reader i have read some dcc events here and there.

Is there somewhere i can go for a list of the convergence titles and what's after that.

I want start reading dc and this will be my chance

To answer the question both. 5 ongoing some mini series and a few trades when i have the time. Probably 70% paper.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like it might be a good spot to pose the question.

I'm mostly a marvel reader i have read some dcc events here and there.

Is there somewhere i can go for a list of the convergence titles and what's after that.

I want start reading dc and this will be my chance

To answer the question both. 5 ongoing some mini series and a few trades when i have the time. Probably 70% paper.

I don't think they've all been announced just yet, but here's a list of the Convergence titles released so far, with a couple links to previous reveals.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Awesome thanks. This is supposed to turn into new ongoing series correct? I can see a couple I'd want to pickup

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I torrent about 90% of what I read nowadays and the only comics on my pull list are titles that I actually really enjoy reading and want to show my support for.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I like Snyder's American vampire and the wake... I have been wanting to read his swamp thing but I haven't got to it.. Lemire I hear great things about and I ordered his run on GA last week...

@strangetales: Well usually reading list come out after a story is concluded so if the story is still underway then you will probably just have to go to by date and that isn't always the best way to read the stories.. Which is why I like the app because I can wait to read the stories when they are concluded.. I literally read all 100 books of civil war two months ago....

@wavemotioncannon: dude the unlimited app will save you on the marvel stuff if you can be six monthes behind...I started reading grayson because someone was telling me he beat midnighter so I had to see it for myself... I enjoy the grayson books but am way behind on the nightwing series and haven't even finished forever evil yet...GOTG is awesome and another book I would never had read without the app...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Print. I tried digital but I really don't like reading that way. I follow 15 titles right now. But it'll change in the next couple months, through some ending, some starting and dropping some.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@tattacus: what do you read?

Comics lolz.

Spider-Man, Batman Eternal, Captain Marvel, Deathstroke, Elektra, Lola XOXO, Red Sonja, Red Sonja: Vultures Circle, Red Sonja/Conan, Secret Six, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman and Wytches.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tattacus: haha.. I never read any of the conan stuff...

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@tattacus: haha.. I never read any of the conan stuff...

It's my first comic I've read with him in. Only read the first issue so far, but he seems cool at the moment.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I am currently reading about 30 - 40 different titles not including ones I have finished or were cancelled.Only ever read TPB's

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Digital comics are fine. I can't stand reading comic books without the smell of paper though.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

READ BOTH PRINT and DIGITAL. ALso read trades

ANd I read about 50 comics a month

~MiB

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer reading paper. I like the feel of it.

However I only collect trades with paper anymore. Otherwise I have a rather insane digital collection. And I don't know how many different titles I read a month. It's a lot though.