• 145 results
#101 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, still waiting on the list of all the people who have been beating Batman in the New 52. So far no one has given me one.

Jason Todd did pretty well against him twice,Bane beat him in TDK,everything by Scott Snyder,everything by Johns,Hurwitz Scarecrow arc,the Heretic/Talia,Lady Shiva,Nobody,Emperor Penguin. Batwoman is also gonna face him,and considering that she beat Bane(in a rather underwhelming,almost stupid manner) I wouldn't at all be surprised if she wins.

Ofcourse Batman wins EVENTUALLY(not in a Johns story though) but he takes a lot of bumps to get there.

People saying Batman should actually read some Batman comics.

#102 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

This thread quickly turned into a batman hate thread. The batman hate is getting old people. Its starting to feel like there are more batman haters on comicvine than batman fans.

I understand why that bothers you personally, but from an a neutral standpoint there would be no difference between either end of the spectrum. Essentially, my point is, objectively a lot of people hating on a character is no better or worse than somebody praising them, they are merely opposite. What I am saying ultimately is, get used to it.

If you dont like a character why go on a bunch of threads that involve him and constantly insult the character and his fans, It seems really immature. I personally don't care for Iron Man, but I don't go on Threads that involve him and go on rants about how much I dislike the character. I've seen all the points made on this thread and all of them can be debunked by using examples form recent storylines, people are just letting there hate of batman get in the way of reason

#103 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

This thread quickly turned into a batman hate thread. The batman hate is getting old people. Its starting to feel like there are more batman haters on comicvine than batman fans.

I understand why that bothers you personally, but from an a neutral standpoint there would be no difference between either end of the spectrum. Essentially, my point is, objectively a lot of people hating on a character is no better or worse than somebody praising them, they are merely opposite. What I am saying ultimately is, get used to it.

If you dont like a character why go on a bunch of threads that involve him and constantly insult the character and his fans, It seems really immature. I personally don't care for Iron Man, but I don't go on Threads that involve him and go on rants about how much I dislike the character. I've seen all the points made on this thread and all of them can be debunked by using examples form recent storylines, people are just letting there hate of batman get in the way of reason

I cant say ive ever gone on any threads targetting fans, but I have as much right as anyone to talk about a topic im interested, positive or negative. This thread for example wasnt setup as a Batman "praising" thread, so I cam on and said my piece. I dont understand why I hear this so often, if you disagree with me, fine, but that doesnt mean im going to stop posting my opinion. Maybe just bypass my posts?

@entropy_aegis said:

@thebourneposter said:

Wow, still waiting on the list of all the people who have been beating Batman in the New 52. So far no one has given me one.

Jason Todd did pretty well against him twice,Bane beat him in TDK,everything by Scott Snyder,everything by Johns,Hurwitz Scarecrow arc,the Heretic/Talia,Lady Shiva,Nobody,Emperor Penguin. Batwoman is also gonna face him,and considering that she beat Bane(in a rather underwhelming,almost stupid manner) I wouldn't at all be surprised if she wins.

Ofcourse Batman wins EVENTUALLY(not in a Johns story though) but he takes a lot of bumps to get there.

Every hero loses initially and then comes back to win later. I didnt post this thread, but imo, the heart of the thread is asking what character really needs to receive the defeat of his life. One that changes his entire demeanor.

I read Death of the Family for example, every tie-in too, and while Batman ended up tied to a chair at the "Joker's Mercy" I never once felt like he was "beaten". A good arc has the hero failing once or twice before winning, anything else would be boring.

#104 Edited by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

I cant say ive ever gone on any threads targetting fans, but I have as much right as anyone to talk about a topic im interested, positive or negative. This thread for example wasnt setup as a Batman "praising" thread, so I cam on and said my piece. I dont understand why I hear this so often, if you disagree with me, fine, but that doesnt mean im going to stop posting my opinion. Maybe just bypass my posts?

@entropy_aegis said:

@thebourneposter said:

Every hero loses initially and then comes back to win later. I didnt post this thread, but imo, the heart of the thread is asking what character really needs to receive the defeat of his life. One that changes his entire demeanor.

I read Death of the Family for example, every tie-in too, and while Batman ended up tied to a chair at the "Joker's Mercy" I never once felt like he was beating. A good arc has the hero failing once or twice before winning, anything else would be boring.

But he was being humbled,humbled doesn't necessarily mean losing and Death of the Family did that precisely,hell all of Snyder's run has him being humbled one way or another.

#105 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Nightwing laying a smack down on Bruce would humble him a bit more, methinks ;)

#106 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

I don't think it was set up as a batman "hate" thread either. The points you were making were wrong though, Batman gets beat up more than any Superhero in DC and maybe Marvel to. The people who are complaining about batman in this thread don't seem to read any batman comics.

#107 Edited by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Nightwing laying a smack down on Bruce would humble him a bit more, methinks ;)

Wont make a difference,fans wont take it seriously unless Nightwing is properly built up to that level and kept on it consistently otherwise it's meaningless. Mind you I DO feel that Nightwing needs to be shown as being very close to Bruce but unfortunately writers dont wanna go that route.

#108 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it was set up as a batman "hate" thread either. The points you were making were wrong though, Batman gets beat up more than any Superhero in DC and maybe Marvel to. The people who are complaining about batman in this thread don't seem to read any batman comics.

Look, this thread asked who needs to be humbled, I, and a ton of other people, have said Bruce. We are well within topic, and I think you need to try a different perspective. There are more people answering Batman than any other character, does that mean A), what you assume it means, that we are all wrong, or B), that the fact so many people feel this way means its something that probably needs to happen?

Think about Bruce as if you werent his fan, and get back to me.

#109 Edited by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

True, right. I'm not seeing characters like Superman, Nightwing, GL, Iron-Man etc. who have rarely been beaten and more rarely been beaten by a Superhero being mentioned, his arrogance (as people like to call it) will not change even if he's beaten to death by a 8 years old girl, he knows he's outmatched by the almost every hero but he never lets them feel like they are superior to him and always states what he believes in. Very few top and second tier heroes has been beaten as many times as Batman and I'm sure he's at the top of at being beaten by a other heroes in DC.

#110 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

Look, this thread asked who needs to be humbled, I, and a ton of other people, have said Bruce. We are well within topic, and I think you need to try a different perspective. There are more people answering Batman than any other character, does that mean A), what you assume it means, that we are all wrong, or B), that the fact so many people feel this way means its something that probably needs to happen?

The general public has been wrong about comic book characters before. A lot of people still think Superman is the extreme boyscout that he was in the fifties, There are a large amount who think he is faster than the flash. The majority can be wrong. I don't see how nightwing beating up batman is going to help either character, they are allies. I never liked all this hero vs hero stuff, sometimes it seems like they fight each other more than they fight the bad guys

#111 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

or maybe this means A) People don't really read Batman and know nothing about him, B) Are jealous that Batman is more popular than their favorite heroes.

#112 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Its fine if you think thats the reason people feel that way. All that matters is people feel Batman needs a beating, and the people who feel that way are going to express themselves.

Sometimes, a character getting a beating even makes the character seem more heroic, or grander, im thinking of Grant Morrison's last arc on Action Comics, where Supes receives what may be the most brutal beating in the New 52 (His soul is tormented by blue knite, while his body is ruined by green and red, then he is thrashed by Superdoom and a Krytponite, all while being treated like a toy by a 5D imp), but I never once felt he was humbled, I felt in that instance, he was lifted up all the more.

A humbling isnt just a temporary loss, PURELY IMO, it is a life changing defeat.

#113 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I'm not against people saying Batman but they're not giving any logical reasons for that not to mention they're saying it needs to be done by a hero. As I said before he won't change his attitude even if he gets beaten by a 8 years old kid.

#114 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deaditegonzo: I'm not against people saying Batman but they're not giving any logical reasons for that not to mention they're saying it needs to be done by a hero. As I said before he won't change his attitude even if he gets beaten by a 8 years old kid.

I think I gave a pretty good explanation, now if you disagree with my points, fine, but it doesnt really devalue their credibility. And maybe thats part of why he such a frustrating character, because as you say it probably would shake his arrogance at all.

#115 Posted by ComicStooge (13798 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Why? Well a fanboy totally ruined him for me. Plus, I keep hearing how unbeatable he is. Thank you though. I personally dislike unbeatable characters. I find them boring. ( + )

#117 Posted by ComicStooge (13798 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Why? Well a fanboy totally ruined him for me. Plus, I keep hearing how unbeatable he is. Thank you though. I personally dislike unbeatable characters. I find them boring. ( + )

I wouldn't let fanboys influence you too much, they think all their favorites are unbeatable.

#118 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I think I gave a pretty good explanation, now if you disagree with my points, fine, but it doesnt really devalue their credibility. And maybe thats part of why he such a frustrating character, because as you say it probably would shake his arrogance at all.

I don't think think your points are correct.

1. You said Batman hasn't been beaten at his own game which is not correct.
  2. You said he doesn't make mistakes or miscalculates which he does plenty of times in New 52.
  3. You said he should be beaten by heroes like Nightwing or a depowered Superman but he has been beaten by non powered heroes like Cassandra Cain, Red Hood etc. and super powered heroes like Superman, WW etc.

And defending something you believe to be true is not arrogance, and if that is then he hadn't been arrogant in new 52 and when he had he got his ass handed to him by others.

Btw on a different topic Batman hasn't beaten any superpowered hero(when they're at normal power level) in canon story, on the contrary he saved many of them when they needed help and maybe that's why many fans are pissed because Morrison, Waid etc. have given the fans a reason why he's in a league of Superpowered humans.

#119 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

Swamp-Thing

Why?

Anyway, you have your wish...

This made me think does Constantine needs to be humbled?

#120 Posted by Saren (25055 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom. I mean, beyond the current status quo where he's Reed's b!tch.

Moderator Online
#121 Posted by ComicStooge (13798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Probably. But he's awesome anyway.

#122 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

Its fine if you think thats the reason people feel that way. All that matters is people feel Batman needs a beating, and the people who feel that way are going to express themselves.

Sometimes, a character getting a beating even makes the character seem more heroic, or grander, im thinking of Grant Morrison's last arc on Action Comics, where Supes receives what may be the most brutal beating in the New 52 (His soul is tormented by blue knite, while his body is ruined by green and red, then he is thrashed by Superdoom and a Krytponite, all while being treated like a toy by a 5D imp), but I never once felt he was humbled, I felt in that instance, he was lifted up all the more.

A humbling isnt just a temporary loss, PURELY IMO, it is a life changing defeat.

The same Morrison also wrote INC where Batman was owned by Heretic TWICE in the same night and lost Damian to boot.

If this is not humbling then I dont know what is.

#123 Edited by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

People just want Batman beaten cause they have this misplaced notion that their favorite will come out better,WRONG.

#124 Edited by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

That he is and I know he won't change his ways no matter how many times he's been beaten just like Batman.

#125 Edited by ComicStooge (13798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@comicstooge said:

That he is and I know he won't change his ways no matter how many times he's been beaten just like Batman.

Constantine has already left Batman completely clueless before:

#126 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Really? Most of his life was living hell, pre- new 52 at least.

BB

#127 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: It's funny seeing them think "Hey, if Batman gets beat up, maybe he'll lose popularity and my favorite character will get recognition!" Lol no.

#128 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: It's funny seeing them think "Hey, if Batman gets beat up, maybe he'll lose popularity and my favorite character will get recognition!" Lol no.

Agreed,it doesn't work that way.

#129 Edited by Saren (25055 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

BB

Post-52 ConJob is a cocky bastard, so I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Zatanna humble him a bit. Pre-52, well.......there's always that time Chaz shoved his head into a bidet.

Moderator Online
#130 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Everything needs to be a comparison, I was just saying that they don't give into someone else's order even if they're beaten to death.

@rustyroy said:

BB

I'm talking about New 52 where he's OP and there was a question mark meaning I'm not sure if he needs to humbled.

#131 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Btw that's not the correct interpretation of Batman IMO.

#132 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5293 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Jason Todd, Deathstroke, Constantine, Iron Man, Reed Richards, Wonder Woman to name a few. I would've said Wolvie but it seems they are in the process of humbling him now by getting rid of his healing factor. I don't get why people are saying Batman, the man just lost his son pretty sure there can be no greater humbling than that.

#133 Edited by frogdog (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Jason Todd, Deathstroke, Constantine, Iron Man, Reed Richards, Wonder Woman to name a few. I would've said Wolvie but it seems they are in the process of humbling him now by getting rid of his healing factor. I don't get why people are saying Batman, the man just lost his son pretty sure there can be no greater humbling than that.

Thor gets his ass kicked in every event

#134 Posted by Xwraith (21331 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite DC hero is Green Arrow. As much as I'd love to see him take on Batman and win, I know it will never happen.

#135 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

needs to be outprepped

#136 Edited by TheBlackHood (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.... He needs to be just generally beat into the ground, have his school taken from him, and lose all his friends. And then killed, brought back, and killed again. If people think Batman fans are the only obnoxious ones then they have completely ignored the "Wolverine is the best ever" community that drools its way around Comicvine.

Also Rocket Raccoon because I hate talking animal characters. It makes it so tough to introduce comics to non-comic people and have them seen as anything but kid crap. "Here's this great space book called Guardians of the Galaxy, it has all these interesting characters... and a talking Raccoon... Nevermind, read something else."

#137 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@rustyroy said:

BB

Post-52 ConJob is a cocky bastard, so I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Zatanna humble him a bit. Pre-52, well.......there's always that time Chaz shoved his head into a bidet.

I have a feeling he is on the road to taking down almost every major hero. He is going after Shazam, and unless DC is really clever, theyve sort of already spoiled the outcome of that. After Shazam, there will be a time Supes is on his list, methinks.

Especially based on Twilight of the Superheroes, which I think Trinity basically is. So yeah, Constantine may need a humbling here soon.

#138 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood: Wolverine life since he has been a little kid has been a living hell. That's enough humbling IMO.

#139 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood: I was never given much context, and I havent personally read it, so if someone can weigh in thatd be great, but I was once shown Daredevil one-shotting Wolverine. Thats pretty damn satisfying.

#140 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: You're right. However, I wasn't even aware of Swamp Things existence until I had that infamous chat with the fanboy. I literally went back and fort with the guy for a while. Plus, some other random user joined and agreed with the fanboy. I don't know why I felt such an urge to convince them Swamp-Thing was beatable.

At the end that was my first encounter with Swamp-Thing so it's difficult for me to be a fan of the character. You are totally right but I can't help it.

Wolverine..

Why do so many people say Wolverine needs to be humbled? He gets his 4$$ handed to him on several occasions. Plus Blackhood, he was already killed, suffered literally in hell, returned, only to kill well over half of his own kids, and berried them. He killed his own father. He is in constant pain because of the adamantium in his body, it isn't natural.

He's been humbled, suffered, and has lost a great deal. He just doesn't give a 2 $#!%$ at the end of the day, he's going to keep trying/fighting until he can't. Sabertooth used to kick his 4$$ on his "birthday" all the time.

( + )

#141 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this thread is pathetic. People are just naming characters they don't like that they want to see get beat up instead of truly arrogant characters that need to be humbled.

#142 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: This exactly. I gave up on this thread when people were seriously arguing that a Superman without powers could beat the crap out of Batman.

#143 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this thread is pathetic. People are just naming characters they don't like that they want to see get beat up instead of truly arrogant characters that need to be humbled.

That's how it usually happens. Its funny how some of the people on this thread are dedicated batman haters

#144 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: When you're as awesome as Batman, you're bound to have haters.

#145 Posted by ComicStooge (13798 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@billy_batson said:

@rustyroy said:

BB

I have a feeling he is on the road to taking down almost every major hero. He is going after Shazam, and unless DC is really clever, theyve sort of already spoiled the outcome of that. After Shazam, there will be a time Supes is on his list, methinks.

Especially based on Twilight of the Superheroes, which I think Trinity basically is. So yeah, Constantine may need a humbling here soon.

Constantine has been getting the short end of the stick lately.

With the whole Shazam thing...

By the end of the issue, he was left half dead, bleeding on the floor after a bar fight involving a big demon .

#146 Posted by jumpman72001 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#147 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio