• 144 results
#51 Posted by Lvenger (19233 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd quite like to see Cyclops get taken down and shown up for the self righteous terrorist that he's become.

#52 Posted by roboadmiral (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I like me some Deathstroke, but Slade could be dropped a peg or two. Not by Lady Shiva, though. Quite frankly, they could both use a bit of a reality check. Preferably by another street-leveler or a small group of street-levelers. They are both extraordinarily skilled and dangerous but no one is unstoppable, and I do think that is sometimes forgotten.

#53 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Who has kicked Batman's ass in New 52?

#54 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: Superman (multiple times), Aquaman, Todd etc. And from the Court of Owls, Joker, Scarecrow, Heretic etc, the guy also lost his son, and he's going to face of against Batwoman, he doesn't need more beat downs not from his ex-sidekick/brother/friend/son or any other heroes.

#55 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I think he's had a pretty equal relationship with Superman. He built that stealth suit, and still has plenty of kryptonite and red sun. Superman should win the battles, we all know that Batman would win the war. He was letting Todd beat him up. If he jobbes against Batwoman I'll be disappointed, I think he should decisively beat her.

#56 Edited by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos said:

Batman, by Superman, but not with his powers. Say, Supes has been exposed to red solar energy, rendered mortal and manages to exploit Bruce's over-confidence.

Yeah, next time you'll all want some crippled to take down a prep Batman.

#57 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos And Bruce isn't overconfident, he know his limits and that's why is prepares than most heroes ause he knows even he could go wrong, if anyone needs a beating its Superman, they made too powerful.

#58 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I think he's had a pretty equal relationship with Superman. He built that stealth suit, and still has plenty of kryptonite and red sun. Superman should win the battles, we all know that Batman would win the war. He was letting Todd beat him up. If he jobbes against Batwoman I'll be disappointed, I think he should decisively beat her.

Doesn't matter if he let Todd win, he's still the one who got beat up and I don't want him to against Superman anymore, its gotten to boring.

#59 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I don't either, I'm just saying their interactions have been fair and equal in my opinion.

#60 Posted by Wolverine08 (41014 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Cyclops get crap beaten out of him by Wolverine.

#61 Posted by Strider92 (16249 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'd quite like to see Cyclops get taken down and shown up for the self righteous terrorist that he's become.

I would love to see an issue where Cyclops and Superior meet. It would be the one occasion I would actually fork out money to see both these a$$holes. The one reason being it would be totally hilarious. Cyclops's arrogance and self righteousness Vs Superior's mutant hating condescension and out right disdain for everyone he meets!

All you have to do is read this page and you will be 100% convinced that these two MUST meet. It would be downright hilarious!

#62 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Why does Batman need to be humbled? Anyways, I vote Namor or Hal Jordan.

People haven't read the million issues where he is humbled, obviously.

And agreed with Hal and Namor.

#63 Edited by Wolverine08 (41014 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Why does Batman need to be humbled? Anyways, I vote Namor or Hal Jordan.

People haven't read the million issues where he is humbled, obviously.

And agreed with Hal and Namor.

I mean. New 52 Batman has been getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis. What do more do people want?

#64 Posted by w0nd (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom
Namor
Batman actually does not. When he can't do something he admits it, his fans do not. He is rough around the edges though so that I would like someone to put him in his place about. Alfred slapped him once but that didn't do much.

And superior spider-man like stfu...there is a reason a 16 year old constantly beat you, you ADMITTED this in the first transitional issues of amazing spider-man to superior, he admitted peter is more than some goofball in bigtime, but now he reverted back into super douche where he thinks he is even smarter than reed.

#65 Posted by Lvenger (19233 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I would love to see an issue where Cyclops and Superior meet. It would be the one occasion I would actually fork out money to see both these a$$holes. The one reason being it would be totally hilarious. Cyclops's arrogance and self righteousness Vs Superior's mutant hating condescension and out right disdain for everyone he meets!

All you have to do is read this page and you will be 100% convinced that these two MUST meet. It would be downright hilarious!

Funny that you mention such a meeting. Check out A+X 11 if you want to find out what would happen Cyclops and SpOck ever met. Because that's what will happen in that issue :P: http://marvel.com/comics/issue/43510/ax_2012_11

#66 Posted by Strider92 (16249 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I must read that comic! The overload of doucheness will be of epic proportions!

#67 Posted by Lvenger (19233 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: The only way it could be more douchy is if it were written by Slott :P

#68 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Still trying to figure out who has been handing Batman his ass in the New 52.

#69 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

So, we all know of characters that never seem to be beaten. They may even be your favorites but you still think they could use to be humbled.

So, what comics character do you want to be beaten, and who do you

want to beat them?

Batman by Nightwing. Bats' my favorite character, but come on, people, he needs to be beaten. Me and my brother where talking

about this and here's how we want to see it happen: Batman under an extreme circumstance steps over the line (it needs to be done right, and Bats needs to stay in character), and Nightwing wont let it happen. A fight commences and after a good fight Nightwing bearly pulls off a win.

It sounds like you more want to establish Nightwing as an A-list character rather than humble Batman. Batman is beaten all the time in his own comics. In fact, that's one of the things I love most about them, when he loses the battle but perseveres until he wins the war.

#70 Posted by Wolverine08 (41014 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

So, we all know of characters that never seem to be beaten. They may even be your favorites but you still think they could use to be humbled.

want to beat them?

Batman by Nightwing. Bats' my favorite character, but come on, people, he needs to be beaten. Me and my brother where talking

about this and here's how we want to see it happen: Batman under an extreme circumstance steps over the line (it needs to be done right, and Bats needs to stay in character), and Nightwing wont let it happen. A fight commences and after a good fight Nightwing bearly pulls off a win.

It sounds like you more want to establish Nightwing as an A-list character rather than humble Batman. Batman is beaten all the time in his own comics. In fact, that's one of the things I love most about them, when he loses the battle but perseveres until he wins the war.

This.

#71 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

PeteOck being beaten by one of his enemies.

#72 Edited by The_Boogieman (30 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy is in my top 3 characters of all time, and may be my favorite... But new 52 Martian Manhunter is OP as shit! He made Despero his b*tch! There was a panel in the last JLA where he head superman in a headlock with one arm and Flash by the throat in another! He has also been kind of a dick at times, but I feel like he has a righteous reasoning that will appear after trinity war ends.. Either way, I still love em, and I don't particularly mind him getting more time in the limelight either.

#73 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

want to beat them?

Well, it was meant to do both. And I wasn't aware of how many times Bats' actually been beaten in the new 52 until now. :P

#74 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_boogieman:

Hey, welcome to Comic Vine! :)

I don't mean to sound rude, but please censor your post. There's rules on this site prohibiting laguage like that being used without at least semi-censoring.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude, but this site's supposed to be kept PG. :)

#75 Edited by Omnicrono (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman in the Trinity War arc is starting to need to get knocked down a few pegs by somebody, in my opinion.

#76 Posted by The_Boogieman (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend said:

want to beat them?

Well, it was meant to do both. And I wasn't aware of how many times Bats' actually been beaten in the new 52 until now. :P

Too many times, far too many times.

#79 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, still waiting on the list of all the people who have been beating Batman in the New 52. So far no one has given me one.

#80 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking long & hard about this & to be honest the only one that comes to mind is Thor (shock Horror) & probably at the hands of Nova.

#81 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (925 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 batman has only copped 'humblings' from people who are obviously more powerful than HIM. The Jason Todd incident in Batman and Robin was due to Bruce's instability when Damian died, and Jason Todd being the emotional Robin, started some argument and prompted a little fist fight. Bruce let him go all out, and yet he was still standing. If he was to be humbled on a legitimate level, meaning everything surrounding that situation had to have reason and meaning, i would like to see Nightwing kick his (Batman's) ass in. Nightwing's gotten far, at least show how far he's come by doing something like that.

Also, for those who wants Deathsroke to be humbled, let NIGHTWING DOOO IITTTT =D. Weren't they enemies pre-52? or just always facing off against one another? The character I really want to see humbled, is the ENTIRE X-MEN... and the person to do that , should be bobby drake... >=D

#82 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: Wow really people are just naming their favorite heroes to beat other heroes specially Batman, could we not have any more heroes fighting one another? And if that's what the new trend is then I'd like to see Batman and Deathstroke kick Nightwing's ass.

#83 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (925 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: NOOO NOT MY DICK!!!!.... :3.... Okay, this hero vs hero trend IS getting old, yes, no disagreements there. But this is about people getting humbled, and everyone else was doing it, so i did it too ^_^. Batman's not my favourite hero, mine has to be Arthur Curry, he's such a bad ass oooooh yeah. Also, you against Batman being humbled? i get it if you're upset. The court of Owls arc had Batman being bullied around and we saw him at his MOST vulnerable... Scott Snyder and Mark Waid do the exact same thing actually, heroes that were once perfect (pre-reboot you can say) are now flawed beings... BAD! =/

#84 Posted by MarlboroMan (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk needs to be humbled down for sure.Only time he is been humbled down was by Zeus and it wasn't even enough.In what universe Hulk is durable enough to tank mad Zeus, that was ridiculous

#85 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: Its one thing getting beaten by baddies but getting beaten by heroes even if they are above his power level is insulting, why is he the only one who got mostly kicked his ass by heroes in New 52, and I don't even mind those beat downs but no more please, let the heroes fight villains.

#86 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people dont realize Batman is arrogant because he is also typically right. That doesnt mean he isnt arrogant, that simply means the writers are afraid to even show him as fallible, which IMO means he needs to be humbled more.

And being humbled doesnt mean losing to somebody who should beat you 100% of the time, like say Superman. Being humbled is being beated by somebody who is in your league, which is why i'd want a street leveler to do it. Batman is a normal man, all his fans tell me that is part of his charm, so why are they SO DAMN afraid of him making one mistake and taking a beating from the Joe Chills of the world? Think about like this, when Supes fights another Kryptonian, it is exciting cause there is a good chance he'll lose, any mistake could be his ultimate death. And yet Batman, a Human, can fight 100s of armed fellow humans, and nobody in the world thinks he could possibly lose.

Have him miscalculate someone's strengths and weaknesses, thereby going into the fight unprepared, and let him get his a** handed to him. Have someone he doesnt even respect (Cyborg maybe) save his life. Shoot, this guy that broke into the Batcave may be the person to do it. Id also like to see a "lesser" bat family member, Dick or Batwoman mostly, beat him down, because he is too confident in his knowledge of their abilities. It wouldnt kill the character, it would strengthen what so many fans say they love about the character: THAT HE IS A MAN.

#89 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people dont realize Batman is arrogant because he is also typically right. That doesnt mean he isnt arrogant, that simply means the writers are afraid to even show him as fallible, which IMO means he needs to be humbled more.

And being humbled doesnt mean losing to somebody who should beat you 100% of the time, like say Superman. Being humbled is being beated by somebody who is in your league, which is why i'd want a street leveler to do it. Batman is a normal man, all his fans tell me that is part of his charm, so why are they SO DAMN afraid of him making one mistake and taking a beating from the Joe Chills of the world? Think about like this, when Supes fights another Kryptonian, it is exciting cause there is a good chance he'll lose, any mistake could be his ultimate death. And yet Batman, a Human, can fight 100s of armed fellow humans, and nobody in the world thinks he could possibly lose.

Have him miscalculate someone's strengths and weaknesses, thereby going into the fight unprepared, and let him get his a** handed to him. Have someone he doesnt even respect (Cyborg maybe) save his life. Shoot, this guy that broke into the Batcave may be the person to do it. Id also like to see a "lesser" bat family member, Dick or Batwoman mostly, beat him down, because he is too confident in his knowledge of their abilities. It wouldnt kill the character, it would strengthen what so many fans say they love about the character: THAT HE IS A MAN.

He's been beaten by Normal humans also, Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Deathstroke etc., its Superman, Nightwing etc. who haven't been beaten yet at least not as many times as Batman/

#90 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

He's been beaten by Normal humans also, Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Deathstroke etc., its Superman, Nightwing etc. who haven't been beaten yet at least not as many times as Batman/

Supes has actually been beaten at his own game, against Helspont and H'El, already in the New 52. He was beaten in straight up fights. Thats like Batman losing a battle of wits.

Joker is a villain more dangerous than almost any other per DC. He is truly Batmans opposite, in that he has far too much hype for writers to even write interesting stories. He is simply always doing unbelievable things.

Bane and Deathstroke arent normal humans. Deathstroke in particular should beat Batman 100% of the time. He beat the Teen Titans on a regular basis, he took down the Justice League. His mind, strength, agility, and healing factor are all enhanced. People thinking Batman should beat Deathstroke show how bad his hype is.

Scarecrow, Two-Face, and the rest of the gang really shouldnt stand a chance against a Batman who can do what he does in crossover books.

#91 Edited by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: WHO HAS BEATEN BATMAN? WHOOO? ANSWER ME!

#92 Edited by Black_Claw (2963 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe if DC decides to do something with Static again, Hotstreak can seriously be humbled. Especially when Static teams up with other heroes. A good example would be in that episode of the Static Shock cartoon when the JLA showed up and he had an "oh sh**!" moment before he got his ass kicked.

#93 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

SpOck gets humbled by the hypno hustler...

#94 Posted by MaccyD (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Them damn Celestials being humbled, arrogant, noisy OP goons.

#95 Edited by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, The GODDAMN BATMAN

#96 Edited by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: WHO HAS BEATEN BATMAN? WHOOO? ANSWER ME!

Read my previous posts, the names are there.

@rustyroy said:

Supes has actually been beaten at his own game, against Helspont and H'El, already in the New 52. He was beaten in straight up fights. Thats like Batman losing a battle of wits.

Joker is a villain more dangerous than almost any other per DC. He is truly Batmans opposite, in that he has far too much hype for writers to even write interesting stories. He is simply always doing unbelievable things.

Bane and Deathstroke arent normal humans. Deathstroke in particular should beat Batman 100% of the time. He beat the Teen Titans on a regular basis, he took down the Justice League. His mind, strength, agility, and healing factor are all enhanced. People thinking Batman should beat Deathstroke show how bad his hype is.

Scarecrow, Two-Face, and the rest of the gang really shouldnt stand a chance against a Batman who can do what he does in crossover books.

Helspont and H'El are way above his power level right now, Batman's gadgets cancel out venom, when he broke his back he did it by using his mind thus beating Batman in his own game, Deathstroke isn't physically superior to Batman by a big margin, and Prometheus is considered an Anti-Batman has beaten Batman and near a lose against Joker, Scarecrow etc. are still counted as a lose. Even when Superman died he stalemated with Doomsday, search the history of both characters, Batman has been beaten far more times than Superman and even more times by fellow heroes. And you said on the other post he never makes a mistake or miscalculates his opponents, you should read Long Halloween, Hush, Court of Owls, Death in the Family, Batman Inc. etc. He fing miscalculated the safety of his son which resulted in his death. Anyways if he needs to be beaten by a 'lesser' character I hope its a villain.

#97 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think all the heroes in marvel need a good humbling.

#98 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread quickly turned into a batman hate thread. The batman hate is getting old people. Its starting to feel like there are more batman haters on comicvine than batman fans.

#99 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

I want poison ivy to beat batman.

#100 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

This thread quickly turned into a batman hate thread. The batman hate is getting old people. Its starting to feel like there are more batman haters on comicvine than batman fans.

I understand why that bothers you personally, but from an a neutral standpoint there would be no difference between either end of the spectrum. Essentially, my point is, objectively a lot of people hating on a character is no better or worse than somebody praising them, they are merely opposite. What I am saying ultimately is, get used to it.