• 144 results
#1 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know of characters that never seem to be beaten. They may even be your favorites but you still think they could use to be humbled.

So, what comics character do you want to be beaten, and who do you want to beat them?

Mine would be Batman by Nightwing. Bats' my favorite character, but come on, people, he needs to be beaten. Me and my brother where talking about this and here's how we want to see it happen: Batman under an extreme circumstance steps over the line (it needs to be done right, and Bats needs to stay in character), and Nightwing wont let it happen. A fight commences and after a good fight Nightwing barely pulls off a win.

EDIT: So, I've been informed that Bats' been beaten way more then I thought in the new 52, so just ignore the above paragraph. :P

I would still like Grayson to become an A-list character, though. Maybe he could lay out one of Batman's big villains instead...

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

Would him getting beaten by Batwoman be acceptable?

I don't know who'll win, or if they'll call it off before either of them is defeated, but the fight is coming soon. Might be worth a look.

#4 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who'll win, or if they'll call it off before either of them is defeated, but the fight is coming soon. Might be worth a look.

My answer is Batman. And Batwoman whooping him would be fantastic. And in fact, from that moment on, id make a point to keep him at a certain level (street level).

#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, like everyone has said. And even though I like the series I think Indestructible Hulk needs a good challenge. I don't really think he needs humbling, but I do think he's due for a good challenge. He seems to run roughshod over every enemy so far.

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

My answer is Batman. And Batwoman whooping him would be fantastic. And in fact, from that moment on, id make a point to keep him at a certain level (street level).

As much as I like Batman, I would like to see Batwoman beat him down.

I'm not sure if that would be allowed to happen, but I suppose we'll see in a few months.

The cover presents them like equals, so that's something at least.

#7 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: That art is amazing! Nightwing is an all time favourite character of mine, but Batwoman is maybe the best thing to ever come from the Bat family.

#8 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

As much as I like Batman, I would like to see Batwoman beat him down.

I'm not sure if that would be allowed to happen, but I suppose we'll see in a few months.

The cover presents them like equals, so that's something at least.

That coverlooks amazing. But humble probably Hal, i dislike him with a passion.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (38543 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Batman need to be humbled? Anyways, I vote Namor or Hal Jordan.

#10 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: That art is amazing! Nightwing is an all time favourite character of mine, but Batwoman is maybe the best thing to ever come from the Bat family.

Yeah. Kind of a shame that J.H. Williams isn't doing interior art on this one, but Trevor McCarthy's been pretty good so far. I'm expecting good things.

Not really a Bat Family member, but I think I get what you mean.

#11 Posted by Jayc1324 (9271 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would batman need to be humbled? I really can't think of any hero that should be, but maybe Wonder Woman or superman. They are very powerful and they know it, but they are people more powerful

#12 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Superman

Wonder Woman

Hal Jordan

Hawkman and Hawkgirl

Namor

Aquaman

Swamp-Thing

I want to say Thor but I think he already has.

Who am I missing? ( + )

#13 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why present Batman needs to be humbled...he doesn't seem to be as Bat-God-esque as his pre-52 counterpart.

#14 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (38543 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. The guy is so arrogant that he constantly screaming about how he's the strongest there is.

#16 Posted by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman-preferably without kryptonite or super strength

@wolverine08 nah Namor already got his ass handed to him by Thing only last year and that's not including the countless times the Fantastic Four have done that to him before that.

#17 Posted by TheDukeOfTheCosmos (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, by Superman, but not with his powers. Say, Supes has been exposed to red solar energy, rendered mortal and manages to exploit Bruce's over-confidence.

#18 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, by Superman, but not with his powers. Say, Supes has been exposed to red solar energy, rendered mortal and manages to exploit Bruce's over-confidence.

That would make my whole century. I may stop reading comics, because nothing would top that.

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (38543 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops needs to be humbled, and shown he isn't that great of a leader.

#20 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos: How could Superman defeat Batman without powers? And since when does Batman have a gigantic over-confidence? I'm all for Batman getting beaten by someone, but that would just leave me (and many other readers) feeling cheated at the downplay of the character.

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Action Comis 1-18 Superman gets his ass kicked pretty bad, and in the upcoming Superman Unchained 3, Scott Snyder said he will get the beaten the sh*t out of him by Wraith.

#22 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint Barton.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d06ffa31c031856b86686c9931cbb311/tumblr_mg8kiyUaFe1rexmmuo1_500.jpg

Just kidding.

#23 Edited by mightyrearranger (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Archie

The current Suicide Squad. We need Waller to spray a classic can of whoop-ass on Harley like she used to do to Digger all the time. I love Harley, but c'mon, skinny Amanda Waller is weaksauce compared to the OG.

and pretty much every high-level Marvel telepath (or telepaths in general). Would be great to have more moments like Top refusing to listen to Zatanna and Catman threatening Dr. Psycho with his lions throughout mainstream comics (Top isn't the best example, but you get the picture).

#24 Posted by TheDukeOfTheCosmos (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I'm assuming Kal El has at least the strength of a fit human male, without his powers, and Batman is overly-confident is the sense that he has "contingency plans," for taking out super beings. Meaning he considers a fight with Superman as simple as punching him with a Kryptonite ring. Asuuming supes isn't a complete dullard, I would imagine he would be aware of this strategy by this point and manage to overcome it some how.

#25 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I'm assuming Kal El has at least the strength of a fit human male, without his powers, and Batman is overly-confident is the sense that he has "contingency plans," for taking out super beings. Meaning he considers a fight with Superman as simple as punching him with a Kryptonite ring. Asuuming supes isn't a complete dullard, I would imagine he would be aware of this strategy by this point and manage to overcome it some how.

Not to mention Supes has tech in the Fortress that would make any of Batman's toys look like just that: toys.

#26 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos: What your saying is that a normal human (Superman without powers) can beat a peak human that knows every form of martial arts on the planet and happens to be one of the richest, powerful, and intelligent men on the planet (Batman) because he underestimates the normal human? I honestly don't even know if he could hurt him at all. If such a situation happened, Batman could take Superman out with 2-3 quick punches. Or he would just leave because Superman would be absolutely no threat whatsoever.

#27 Posted by TheDukeOfTheCosmos (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I believe Kal El was trained in Kryptonian combat techniques, and has decades of experience battling the likes of Brainiac, Darkseid and of course Doomsday. Idon't think he's as much of a slouch as some characterize. Plus, in this situation bruce wouls assume as much, that Kal El would be taken out easily, which could be exploited if Kal El isn't a complete simpleton.

#28 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos: I didn't know he was trained in Kryptonian combat, but he usually uses a fighting style that only works with his powers (flying around and punching stuff). It never really seems like he has much technique, honestly. If he has really, really, really good fighting ability without his powers, he might be able to beat Batman.......but only in very specific situations. It would have to be written really well for it to not feel like it downplayed Batman.

#29 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedukeofthecosmos said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: I believe Kal El was trained in Kryptonian combat techniques, and has decades of experience battling the likes of Brainiac, Darkseid and of course Doomsday. Idon't think he's as much of a slouch as some characterize. Plus, in this situation bruce wouls assume as much, that Kal El would be taken out easily, which could be exploited if Kal El isn't a complete simpleton.

Superman is a pretty legit h2h fighter. And a Batman without prep could easily get caught off guard and one-shotted by a pressure point punch. Not to mention, as I said, the alien tech in the fortress.

And the fight between Clark and fellow kryptonian (a soldier no less), shows Supes can use skill to beat someone who is ROUGHLY physically equal.

I guess I should add, as I reread my post and see it isnt clear: A depowered Supes vs Batman in a random encounter and Batman should generally take the advantage. A depowered Supes w/ prep vs bats without, and Superman should win. Both with Prep probably favours Batman. BUT ULTIMATELY, a depowered Supes has a better chance against Batman, in any situation, then Batman has against a full powered Supes any day of the week.

#30 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Batwoman beating Batman idea. Brilliant.

#31 Edited by New_World_Order (12477 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

Batman, like everyone has said. And even though I like the series I think Indestructible Hulk needs a good challenge. I don't really think he needs humbling, but I do think he's due for a good challenge. He seems to run roughshod over every enemy so far.

Hyperion or Blue Marvel would make a good fight for him. For villains King Hyperion or Ulik.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (38543 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't arrogant so I really don't understand the people saying he needs humbling..............................

#33 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Maybe humbling was the wrong word to use. I don't mean humbled in that I think he's arogant, I meant that the guy never seems to get beaten in a fight. As much as I like the character I'd like to see someone be able to beat him.

#34 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

Hyperion or Blue Marvel would make a good fight for him. For villains King Hyperion or Ulik.

For Hulk? Yeah. I want someone that's going to make him work, and someone who isn't Thor. I think the ones you mentioned would be good fights.

#35 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Maybe humbling was the wrong word to use. I don't mean humbled in that I think he's arogant, I meant that the guy never seems to get beaten in a fight. As much as I like the character I'd like to see someone be able to beat him.

Really? I haven't read it, but I thought the whole Court of Owls arc was just Batman getting put through the grinder.

My favorite Batman humbling was when he got thrashed by Prometheus in JLA. Though we all know Bats eventually got his rematch ;)

#36 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: True. Court of Owls was awesome, but it wasn't entirely fair because his mind was broken first. He didn't have food for days, and on top of all this the water they gave him was druged. I want to see him beaten by someone who is his equel in fighting skill. Someone who can best the bat. Just bearly, though.

And not to offen either. He's still my favorite character. :P

#37 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

People often confuse Batman attitude with arrogance, Batman is not arrogant, in the list of flaws Batman has, arrogance is not one of them.

Batwoman beat Batman? As much as i know, she dont have the same level of experience and training Batman has.

Is like Stephanie Brown taking down Jason Todd, sure both of them are from the low streets of Gotham and stuff, but still Jason have more experience and better training.

Wolverine, i mean why he can beat everybody now?

Thor, please dont make me laugh Thor needs to learn a lesson the hard way.

Wonder Woman, i hate the fact people and she belive she is so good, it would be better if she gets her ass kicked by Aquaman.

Deathstroke i like the guy, but he need to get his ass kicked so people forget all the myth around him, better if he gets the as kiecked by the Batfamily and not the Teen Titans.

Bane, this guy needs to gets his ass kicked by Batman, i mean, i know why people like him, but lets face it he missed more often that other characters and he needs to learn this.

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (38543 posts) - - Show Bio

People often confuse Batman attitude with arrogance, Batman is not arrogant, in the list of flkaw Batman has arrogance is not one of them.

Batwoman beat Batman? As much as i know she dont have the same level of experience and training Batman has.

Is like Stephanie Brown taking down Jason Todd, sure both of them are from the low streets of Gotham and stuff, but still Jason have more experience and better training.

Wolverine, i mean why he can beat everybody now?

Thor, please dont make me laugh Thor needs to learn a lesson the hard way.

Wonder Woman, i hate the fact people and she belive she is so good, it would be better if she gets her ass kicked by Aquaman.

Deathstroke i like the guy, but he need to get his ass kicked so people forget all the myth around him, better if he gets the as kiecked by the Batfamily and not the Teen Titans.

Bane, this guy needs to gets his ass kicked by Batman, i mean i know why people like him, but lets face it he missed more often that other characters and he needs to learn.

This.

#39 Edited by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't make sense for Batwoman or Nightwing to beat Batman. They are simply inferior combatants.

#40 Edited by SoftMachineOo (128 posts) - - Show Bio

batwoman beating batman would make me cry... and i love batwoman, but she is nowhere near bruce skill and experience.

deathstroke has take down batman. or this is only for the new 52?

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (12477 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry :P

#42 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5495 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

2003 Leonardo of TMNT

Spider-Woman

Wonder Woman

Flash

#44 Posted by New_World_Order (12477 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by New_World_Order (12477 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#46 Posted by Bierschneeman (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm....ok yeah I know she spends more time unconcious, depowered, possessed, or in the hospital than most characters (if not all) but she doesn't seem to get it. She always keeps her arrogance.

"With Great Power comes great vulnerabilty to... er... everything." ~Stan Lee

#47 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5495 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by New_World_Order (12477 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd.

Reed Richards, in terms of his intelligence being challenged.

Dr. Doom. He has been in the past but he needs it to happen more and more to him until he learns to not believe himself to be so freaking superior.

Wolverine.

Thor.

Hulk.

Captain America.

Namor.

Batman.

#50 Posted by RustyRoy (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has been beaten many times and he's been beaten too many times in New 52, so I don't think beating New 52 Batman would prove any point for Nightwing or Batwoman and why the hell does he need to be beaten by more heroes? Isn't New 52 did it a million times already, name one hero who got their ass kicked as many times as Batman by other heroes in New 52.