Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Haven't done one of these in a while for two reasons. First because Stormwatch (and majority of the other Wildstorm Remnants) being complete rubbish has made me like comics less and be less excited week to week. Second, and not unrelated to the first, I've fallen behind and I haven't quite caught up on everything I normally read. That said, this is what I got.

Batman 10 - So glad DC's numbering is easy to remember. I haven't felt the need to read any more Batbooks than I normally do (I actually dropped off Batwing for some reason, probably because it felt like it was taking too long to handle a normal--ish guy and B-Wing wasn't impressing me enough even though the world-building was solid) even though the Owl thing is going on. I'm still really liking this book. I think Batman and Robin has thoroughly replaced it as my favorite Batbook, but that's ok. I was honestly a little sad when Lincoln was killed, which made the end of the book all the better. I understand some people don't like it because they can't handle any kind of change, but the quality of the story is still there so I don't mind a bit. The Wayne family tree is not gonna cause me to lose any sleep no matter how many branches are on it. That said, a change that did bug me is Alfred not having raised Bruce from childhood. Their relationship being father/son was always an important thing for me and now that's shaken. It hasn't affected the story, but it does affect how I see the relationship between the characters. As long as it remains well written though, I can't really complain.

Batman and Robin 9 & 10 - I love Damian and his relationships with everyone. That is all. No, that's not all. I love how he relates to every character except Tim Drake, because Drake was my favorite Robin for the longest but I feel like he doesn't come off right when around Damian and might not even have a place anymore. And really, the childish bickering between Damian and Drake is one of the few things that bugs me about Damian. But since his attitude and feeling the need to prove himself is basically who the character is, I can't be too upset by it. But what it brings out in Drake (or the way Drake is written to interact with that) bothers me. All that said, it does feel good to see the dysfunctional Batfam. It's them in a different light that we normally get to see (not they don't normally have issues, but they're normally not all in the same place, and yes I'm aware that by "all" I'm referring to only the males). And I guess I should say, how Damian interacts with everyone is what I'm highlighting, but the relationships in the book in general are good. This one is all about dealing with family and so Bruce and Alfred's scenes are just as special as Damian's.

Green Lantern 10 - The last couple issues were shaky for me, but I felt good about this one. I especially loved Sinestro being Sinestro, then Sinestro being Hal Jordan. Sinestro really is my favorite villain ever. (Don't tell Kang, Doom, or Loki.) And I surprised myself with this, but I'm actually really happy with Black Hand coming back. I don't want another Blackest Night, but I don't think that's what's about to happen so I'm excited to see what comes of this development.

Fantastic Four 607 - If you know me at all you know how much I love Black Panther so I've been waiting for this issue. I love Hickman and BP so I knew this would be good, but as I started I actually worried because my expectations were so high. Then I got further worried when I realized that everything wasn't gonna fit in one issue, and Hickman's issues after his main story finished were all one-shots. BP's gonna get his time though and the story looks to be good, and I was SO HAPPY when T'Challa said they didn't just fall backwards into riches. It was just good all around I thought, and I'm excited for more. Can Hickman write the next BP T'Challa book please? If a movie is really coming out they need someone good on the book and the only people I'd want are Hickman or Jason Aaron.

Invincible 92 - Good as usual for the same reasons as usual, but for something new to mention, I like that the supporting characters are being developed. It's a little scary though, because as soon as they get set up enough, it gets easier to imagine other characters that used to be the core of the book, dying.

Also, Prometheus was dope.