Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#51  Edited By Liberty
@Bearded Justice: I'm sure it is yours.  I think Silkcuts is going to take ABC.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#52  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Updated with Dynamite having an owner...anyone else?

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By PikminMania
@The Poet: So only two people can be on one topic? Okay then, but you said if I didn't like a publisher, then you can still be in the same one. I tihnk it is confusing though that TMNT is from IDW, Archie, and Mirage. but Usagi has been from over 4, so what do I do?

Also it is pretty redundant having both Gold Key and Valient, since Valiant bought their main heroes. Or having Gold key and Charlton, since Charlton bought most of their comics as well.

Can I get Dark Horse?
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania: The two was because they were grandfathered in.  What happened is there were two slots for DC and Marvel and it got switched to one.  The users were good sports and decided to work together.  

It is also OK for there to be mixing of characters.  So if the some of the Valient/Gold Key people will get picked in both spots.  In other words there are more that 8 awesome DC characters.  So it is good they are also in companies like Charlton and Quality.

As for you question.

I tihnk it is confusing though that TMNT is from IDW, Archie, and Mirage. but Usagi has been from over 4, so what do I do? 

I'm confused at what you are asking.  5 characters have to be picked from the company you have chosen.  They have to appear in something other than a crossover.  The other 3 can be anything you want.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@PikminMania: I would agian like for you to look at the chart. Dark horse, regretably is not avable... on the chart, you will see what is avalible. I'm sorry if there is any inconvenience:  

there are nine remaining

1. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics:
  2. Wildstorm Comics: 
  3. AC Comics:
  4. America's Best Comics (ABC) /Milestone Comics/First Comics: (this might be taken...silkcutts expressed interest, but has yet to reply...)
  5. Harvey Comics/Quality Comics: 
  6. Epic Comics/Malibu Comics: 
  7. Dell Comics: 
  8. Gold Key Comics: 
  9. Eclipse Comics: 
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: @Liberty said:
@PikminMania: The two was because they were grandfathered in.  What happened is there were two slots for DC and Marvel and it got switched to one.  The users were good sports and decided to work together.  

It is also OK for there to be mixing of characters.  So if the some of the Valient/Gold Key people will get picked in both spots.  In other words there are more that 8 awesome DC characters.  So it is good they are also in companies like Charlton and Quality.

As for you question.

I tihnk it is confusing though that TMNT is from IDW, Archie, and Mirage. but Usagi has been from over 4, so what do I do? 

I'm confused at what you are asking.  5 characters have to be picked from the company you have chosen.  They have to appear in something other than a crossover.  The other 3 can be anything you want.
What I meant was that I didn't understand where something like Usagi Yojimbo would be put into. If it matters I don't think I will be joining this, my only interests were in IDW, Dark Horse, or  Archie comics.
Good luck though! I hope to see some of the overlooked classics, like Phantom, Usagi, Green Hornet, Dick Tracy, and The Shadow!
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania: If Yosagi is in IDW or Dark Horse either person can vote for him.  Once he has been voted for the next person will have to pick someone else.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: @The Poet
I understand it now, but I am interested in why Dell and Gold Key aren't in the same section. They were business partners and worked together.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania: Because I didn't know that when I suggested it to Poet.  Yes even I can make a mistake.  =)  The thing is they are big companies and they can stand on their own.  We mixed some of the smaller ones together or added it to another big one and we didn't have to do that with Dell or Gold Key.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By Gambit1024

@PikminMania: As long as I'm involved with this list, I assure you that Dick Tracey and Green Hornet will be somewhere on it.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: @Liberty: You know I might take Dell if that is alright.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Liberty
@Gambit1024: As they should. but don't you pick second?

@PikminMania: Cool, I'm sure it is. The Poet will check it in the a.m.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Gambit1024

@Liberty: What do you mean?

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By chalkshark

If it's still available, I'm your man for Quality Comics. What's the time frame on this? How soon do you need the list? Do I post it back here, or private message it to you, or somewhere else?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#65  Edited By turoksonofstone
@chalkshark:  
See OP or Poet or Liberty.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Liberty
@Gambit1024 said:

@Liberty: What do you mean?

We pick in the same order as the board.  Like this.
  1. DC Comics: The Dark Huntress, and Primmaster64
  2. All Marvel Comics Publications, Timely Comics: Blue Beetle is Blue and  Gambit1024 
  3. Top Cow Comics/Image Comics: Baddamdog 
  4. Dark Horse Comics/Dark Horse Manga: IrishX 
  5. Dynamite Entertainment: Bearded Justice
  6. Archie/Archie Adventure Series/Red Circle/Mighty Comics/Impact: harleyquinn12 
  7. IDW Publishing: Danhimself 
  8. Vertigo Comics: Aztek The Lost 
  9. Fleetway Comics/Rebellion Comics: Danswedon
  10. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics:
  11. Wildstorm Comics: 
  12. AC Comics:
  13. America's Best Comics(ABC)/Milestone Comics/First Comics: 
  14. Harvey Comics/Quality Comics: 
  15. Epic Comics/Malibu Comics: 
  16. Dell Comics: 
  17. Gold Key Comics: 
  18. Charlton Comics/Fawcett Comics: (the great) Razz Tazz 
  19. Eclipse Comics: 
  20. Fox Comics/Holyoak Comics: Liberty
This is so everyone doesn't hold back there cards.  Waiting for everyone else to pick.  If we did that it would take forever.  The other reason is we didn't want everyone holding back.  For example not picking Batman because you know someone else would pick it and then we get done and no one picked it.  In other words hedgeing their vote.  That is why they are listed loosely on the most well known to the least.  So it is more likely that the greater ones will get picked.  So if the people who vote DC didn't pick Batman then there are 19 people one of whom likely will.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Liberty
@chalkshark: Right now we are trying to fill the slots we have about six to go.  Once that is done we will vote in the order of our company.  see list above.  You would probably make your post here to avoid everyone voting the same ones and having to tell 22 people to revote.
chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By chalkshark

@Liberty: Sounds fair. I guess I'll just keep checking back here to keep up with the progression.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: @Liberty: @Liberty: Here are some of my nominations:
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania: You don't vote yet.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gambit1024

@Liberty: Oh I got you. What happens after the 20 of us all nominate? Do we nominate a second batch till we hit 100?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By tonis

holy crap of moley, there's only one I can choose and it has to be old school Fawcett Captain Marvel. :)

No Caption Provided
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Liberty
@Gambit1024: We each nominate 8 at a time in order of favorites.    So when all twenty of us vote we will have 160 votes.  8x20 is 160.  All these rules are on the first page.  It explains everything.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PikminMania
@tonis: You also have Hoppy the Marvel Bunny!

@Liberty
Do the characters you do vote for have to be created by your company, or can they just be licensed. I ask this because Dell isn't really known for any of their comics they created themselves.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Liberty
@tonis: Already chosen.  

The only ones left are Acclaim Comics, Valiant Comics, Wildstorm Comics, AC Comics, Epic Comics, Malibu Comics, Gold Key Comics.

and maybe America's Best Comics, Milestone Comics, First Comics.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania: They have to appear in the Company's Comics other than in a crossover.  They do not have to be created by the company.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: Then I have my 8 picked out.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Liberty
@PikminMania

We pick in the same order as the board.  Like this.
  1. DC Comics: The Dark Huntress, and Primmaster64
  2. All Marvel Comics Publications, Timely Comics: Blue Beetle is Blue and  Gambit1024 
  3. Top Cow Comics/Image Comics: Baddamdog 
  4. Dark Horse Comics/Dark Horse Manga: IrishX 
  5. Dynamite Entertainment: Bearded Justice
  6. Archie/Archie Adventure Series/Red Circle/Mighty Comics/Impact: harleyquinn12 
  7. IDW Publishing: Danhimself 
  8. Vertigo Comics: Aztek The Lost 
  9. Fleetway Comics/Rebellion Comics: Danswedon
  10. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics:
  11. Wildstorm Comics: 
  12. AC Comics:
  13. America's Best Comics(ABC)/Milestone Comics/First Comics: 
  14. Harvey Comics/Quality Comics: 
  15. Epic Comics/Malibu Comics: 
  16. Dell Comics: 
  17. Gold Key Comics: 
  18. Charlton Comics/Fawcett Comics: (the great) Razz Tazz 
  19. Eclipse Comics: 
  20. Fox Comics/Holyoak Comics: Liberty
This is so everyone doesn't hold back there cards.  Waiting for everyone else to pick.  If we did that it would take forever.  The other reason is we didn't want everyone holding back.  For example not picking Batman because you know someone else would pick it and then we get done and no one picked it.  In other words hedging their vote.  That is why they are listed loosely on the most well known to the least.  So it is more likely that the greater ones will get picked.  So if the people who vote DC didn't pick Batman then there are 19 people one of whom likely will. So if someone you like gets picked you pick someone else when it gets to you.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PikminMania
@Liberty: I understand that, I'm just saying as a broad list I have my characters picked out just in case they don't get picked up by the others.
Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By Silkcuts

@The Poet said:

@Silkcuts: Its been updated...this work?

I'll take ABC

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Silkcuts

@The Poet said:

@Silkcuts: you have first dibbs...what publisher would you like? (also: do you think this new publisher order will work? I am going with people say, but have no idea about some of the publishers are like...)

The Publishers looks good to me.

Just wondering. Does the ABC/First/milestone also get Icon and other creator owned (Self publishers) Publishers Like Aardvark and King Hell?

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Liberty
@Silkcuts said:

@The Poet said:

@Silkcuts: you have first dibbs...what publisher would you like? (also: do you think this new publisher order will work? I am going with people say, but have no idea about some of the publishers are like...)

The Publishers looks good to me.

Just wondering. Does the ABC/First/milestone also get Icon and other creator owned (Self publishers) Publishers Like Aardvark and King Hell?

No I didn't.  I had to draw a line somewhere.  If I added these there or hundreds with more books and heroes that someone else will want, and I really don't want to go through all 1500 plus publishers again.  Can't you add those characters with you three?
Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silkcuts

@Liberty: That is fine, I was just asking.

^_^

I was planning 5 from ABC, 1 from first, 1 from Milestone and a special character I don't think anyone would think of.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Liberty
@Silkcuts: You never know. 
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Liberty

I believe we are down to 6

1. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics:
  2. Wildstorm Comics: 
  3. AC Comics:
  4. Epic Comics/Malibu Comics:
  5. Gold Key Comics:
  6. Eclipse Comics: 
Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Silkcuts

@Liberty: convince Turok for Acclaim/Valiant.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Silkcuts said:

convince Turok for Acclaim/Valiant.

I'll see what i can do. he said before only to use him in emergencies (a back up plan), but perhaps I can persuade him otherwise...I'll see if he wants it...

so we have 6 to go! and we have 740 views on this thing! wow! thanks fro all the support everyone!

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Silkcuts

@The Poet: I spoke to Turok and he wants the left over last one and I think that is perfect since he is king of Public Domain and will likely get a harder one that someone like him is master of.

grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

User Lists: 0

#89  Edited By grifter78

I'll take Wildstorm :)

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Silkcuts

@The Poet: I don't get no bracket awesome nickname?...lol

Last time I checked I still have the overall greatest stats for a reviewers. First to hit 2K, with an overall average of 4 positives per review. My Elegy, Batman: The Return and DB #24 were landmark (meaning the recommendations past 40) reviews on the site, Elegy to this day hold the most overall recommendations. I've had 10 official featured reviews as Silkcuts, DB#24 twice, and I have had one featured on the VNU (Vertigo Nuts Unite) account. I said "official" since Project 500 was posted as an article and IE mentions to other reviews in my community star article. To what I know I am the only reviewer to get featured writing under two accounts and that is when the site did the below the page feature, which I don't think they do anymore. Note I have a significantly longer word count then most reviewers since I review and not a short short sentence, so forgive me that I never made the top of the list of quantity, anyone can spam their way up their if they really wanted to. I redefined the review here on CV. I also had one of the first community projects, if not the very first one with my Project 500. I review across the board from single issues to graphic novels, DC to Top Shelf. Child's comics to Zombies. I lost count as well, but a handful of other reviewers have mentioned me in their reviews because of my impact on them them. That is just dealing with my reviews.

I have become the expert on metaphysics and the actual medium of comics in comicvine and people look to me to explain comics they don't get. My suggest reading list of Grant Morrison is the closest thing a user on comicsvine can get to Morrison himself telling you what to read.

Sure my blogs are no where near Razz in numbers, but I don't have the time to do the quality I want, such as my overrated/underrated list. I actually took a sabbatical to do actual comic book writing. Yeah I want to create to.

I'm in the top 60 (current at 55 but that can change) of the wiki, heck I am out 5K behind you poet.

I know I come off to some people as conceited and elitist, that was never my intent, it was to inspire. Those who got to know me remind me I am not that image some people have, such as the cowards to negative recommend my crown jewels and not even having the guts to spark up mature conversation. I've raised levels of understanding and opened minds up to the possible depths of "sequential arts".

I don't want to sound like a whining brat, but who has had a broader blanket influence on the vine then me?

I am not soliciting a bracketed nickname, I don't need it. I just had a bad night sleep and I need to vent. I guess to remind myself at least to fight the good fight.

"My words are smooth like SILK, but they Cut like a blade,

anyone to step to me is sure to get Slade,

I am a Deathstroke with my free Wil-Son.

held comicvine on ransom."

Cheers

- Kevin

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Silkcuts

@grifter78 said:

Grifter gets my backing he love Wildstorm like Aztek love Vertigo and how I love Alan Moore.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ReVamp

@Silkcuts said:

@grifter78 said:

Grifter gets my backing he love Wildstorm like Aztek love Vertigo and how I love Alan Moore.

Damn. Late for the party :P

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Liberty
@Silkcuts: Wow buddy you O.K.?   Are you talking about Razz Tazz?  That is the only one I see with brackets.  Am I missing something?  btw, your comment reminded me of an idea I had about user bubble gum cards.  It would be based on the bask of baseball cards with all your official stats.  I wanted to design one but never got around to it.  

This should be in a different blog.  Sorry.
Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Adnan

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason in particular why 2000AD isn't on the list of publishers? I'm not that knowledgeable about them myself, but I always thought they were pretty big...

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Liberty
@Adnan: @kfhrfdu_89_76k: It is included.  The 2000 AD you are thinking of is made by Rebellion Publications.  There is another one called 2000 AD.  It could be easily added to the same line but it only had 8 issues listed on the vine at least and had the same characters as Rebellion.  
Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Adnan

@Liberty: Ah, I didn't notice it was grouped with Fleetway on the list. My bad.

Will be looking forward to this for sure.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Liberty
@Adnan: No doubt.  I can't wait till we get our 20.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty said:

I can't wait till we get our 20.

Actully, 22 if we want to be presise!

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Liberty
@The Poet: Have you considered the 4 people who split DC and Marvel doing the same with another roster spot.  So two halve is a whole.

Example: 

Marvel: Mike/Harold  
Gold Key Mike/Harold