Comic Vine's Top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy Characters

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#101  Edited By Liberty
@The Poet: How about give everybody another 5 votes to even things out.  =)
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By ReVamp

@The Poet said:

@Liberty said:

@The Poet: At this point I kind of wish we did 100 fantasy and 100 Sci-fi.

Well, the project started out as a science fiction list. I blame Actully in this case, I have reason to blame him :P

I talked to him about the project I was planning on doing and he suggested Fantasy characters, so I said "Comic Vine's top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy character list it is then!". and I promptly wrote on people's walls about the list. of course revamp did say we should do it seperately, but by this time I had written on several people's walls and I had gotten a few people to agree to be nominators, so it was too late to turn back then :)

Of course, I do think we benefited with the addition of Fantasy as some nominator's choices are mainly fantasy...but i still blame reVamp even if it's not his fault :P

I don't mind being the scapegoat. I eat hater ray for breakfast.

(Expect some stuff for me by tomorrow, Teop.)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#103  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty said:

@The Poet: How about give everybody another 5 votes to even things out. =)

I like 5. It's managable. Plus you guys have the cosining which is going to be worth 1 pt each. It's not drastic, but is something. 10 is just too much for me to handle and there are already some users who have trouble counting 5 as it is.

@ReVamp: I look forward to it.

Oh, Liberty...about the nominations. in addition to your 1 nomination, I need 2 from one person and 3 from another. i have waited an addition day, so I'm going to replace their nominations. I'll take all of your nominations. I have 5 characters from Which I'm going to use to fill those 5 slots. So, you don't have to decide. I'll announce the begining of community nominations offically soon...I just need to fix up some things and update the assignment list to include community nominations...

I'll make an announcement here and in the pm, so I'll keep you posted

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Liberty
@The Poet: I'll start writing my reasons before you change your mind.  Just keep bumping this PM so I can get all five in soon.
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Liberty

Number One:  In 1965 Gene Roddenberry had the nerve to make a woman a second in command officer of a space vessel with a complement of about 450 officers and crew.  Well the powers at be didn't like her of the alien (Spock).  So Roddenberry had to make a choice, because he knew he could only keep one.  So, he decided to keep the Alien and marry the officer.  Number One became Majel Barrett Roddenberry and history was made.  1965 may not have been ready for this dynamic character but she was suppose to be the logical first officer like Spock later became.  In other words Roddenberry merged the two characters.  If you love Spock you have to give a nod to Number One.  If you don't like Spock, buy a helmet.  She is one of the pioneer female Science Fiction Characters and she wasn't even a "damsel in distress"  In her one and only episode she took command of the ship and she was even more awesome in the comics that came later.   She is very deserving of this list.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty: one down...

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Liberty

Edward Scissorhands:  Edward Scissorhands is a wonderful character who fits nicely into both fantasy and Sci-Fi.  Just like the Frankenstein Monster Edward was a "made" man.  Unfortunately for Edward he was never finished leaving him the oddly shaped Scissor-hands.  Unlike the Frankenstein Monster Edward was not abandoned by his creator but, like the Frankenstein Monster he was rejected by nearly everyone else.  Edward is a tragic character who you can invest your heart in.  He is a character that anyone with a heart will love and is a great asset to this list.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Liberty
Bill Hudson.  What else can I say about Bill Hudson besides..."That's it man, game over man, game over! What the ?@^* are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do"  Hudson was all bad until he met the Aliens, but when it came down to the end he didn't go out like a punk.  He may not of come off as the hero he thought he was but when it came down to the end he fought like the devil.  Hudson is a quick witted smart @$$ and a fun character from the moment he steps on the screen.  He is well deserving of this list.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty: bump! (side note: interesting indented paragraph...)

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Liberty
Kathryn Janeway:  Janeway may not have been the first female Captain in Starfleet, but she has to be the best.  I remember when the television show Voyager came out.  I was uncertain about the new cast.  It was the first crew complete created without Gene Roddenberry's input.  There was so glaring flaws to the makeup of the crew some surprised me some didn't but Janeway was critical.  If she was not believable the show would have easily died.  Obviously after seven season Voyager in one of the greatest shows television ever produced.  I like to think that she inspired a generation of young girls.  I know she inspired many.  How many characters can change a real life for the better?  Janeway is an awe inspiring Captain well deserving of this list
Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Liberty
@The Poet: Yeah odd.  I don't know why.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty: Although this happened a while back when you actually mentioned her and I added to the excel document...

I cosign Janeway...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

WE ARE NOW IN THE COMMUNITY STEP!

• community Nominations are now open! So, if you didn't get to add a character, now is your chance!

• You can also cosign characters! (which means you are adding a point to a character which will show your suport for the character and probably will help the character go upon the list).
Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cool poet, i would like to suggest Doctor Who for your list if he is not already add :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

Cool poet, i would like to suggest Doctor Who for your list if he is not already add :)

He is on there already, but if you want you can cosign him (see post above)

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda assumed it was automatic, the cosigning thing anyway

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

It is, but I thought I'd mention it, so that I knew you were aware of it and such...

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAL-9000

Ryu (if he counts)

Woody (toy story)

Wicked witch of the west (OZ)

Dracula

Agent Smith (matrix)

Boba Fett

Dr. Emmett Brown (Back to the Future)

V ( if he counts)

Blade

Peter Venkman (Ghost Busters)

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Poet said:

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

It is, but I thought I'd mention it, so that I knew you were aware of it and such...

thanks for the heads up :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By jhazzroucher

@The Poet said:

@Deadite said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jhazzroucher said:

How about Edward from Twilight?

Katniss from Hunger Games?

Oh jesus christ...

buwahahahahaahahaha, : )

The horror...

I got a problem...I can't tell if you are being serious or not...

For context, the last time Edward was nominated on the group pm, the user was not serious and I knew that, but I don't know if YOU are being serious or not...

Those on the pm know I had a coughing fit upon the idea of him being nominated and the mere mention of his name did make the concept of "negative cosigns" more enticing. So, you can tell what MY opinion on the subject is (especially given that i am normally a neutral party in these matters). However if he has to be a community nomination, I will not stop the sparkling little...fellow....

I am actually serious. The film has been very successful and drove fans crazy (though i am not one of them but watched all the films ) that they travelled and slept through camps waiting for the first day release.

Hunger Games was also a good film, simple yet emotional. Katniss is a bad-ass name too. : )

I hope i can be included on the group pm.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@jhazzroucher: well, few things then...

I'll add Edward to the list...one second (*spits*) pardon me. For explaination, one of my dear freinds was inthralled with Twilight. Now, this is the girl who is persistant beyond belief, so she made me read the entire series. I really can't say that much about it. It's a nice story, but how adults got into it is beyond me. its a 5th grade reading level...You know, I actully did like the series and THEN I read Dracula right afterwards. and then i didn't like it. My friend now shares my views on the series.

ok, I'll get off my soap box...back to hosting neutrally...

I need nomination reasons for Edward....

I can't add Katniss because they don't have a page on the site. Hunger games has not been adapted yet...can't add a character without a page (something several of the 20 nominators dispised...)

as for the group pm...its purpose really has been served. I mean, I got my nominations from people. the only reason it will be kept up is that I need reasons from people

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By jhazzroucher

@The Poet said:

@jhazzroucher: well, few things then...

I'll add Edward to the list...one second (*spits*) pardon me. For explaination, one of my dear freinds was inthralled with Twilight. Now, this is the girl who is persistant beyond belief, so she made me read the entire series. I really can't say that much about it. It's a nice story, but how adults got into it is beyond me. its a 5th grade reading level...You know, I actully did like the series and THEN I read Dracula right afterwards. and then i didn't like it. My friend now shares my views on the series.

ok, I'll get off my soap box...back to hosting neutrally...

I need nomination reasons for Edward....

I can't add Katniss because they don't have a page on the site. Hunger games has not been adapted yet...can't add a character without a page (something several of the 20 nominators dispised...)

as for the group pm...its purpose really has been served. I mean, I got my nominations from people. the only reason it will be kept up is that I need reasons from people

Alright. since that is the rule then I'm fine if Katniss can't be nominated.

as for Edward, i don't think only young people liked the film. Besides, there are a lot of vampire films that came because of the vampire madness that came from Twilight films. Twilight has shown us that vampires live with normal humans, walk in daylight and his family doesn't suck blood from humans. The film also showed us that vampires have different skills too.

Edward also showed to us the power of love (i know it sounds cheesy. : ) ), have Bella meet his vampire family and showed how much he loves and cares for her.

but anyway, i'm not really good at reasoning

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@jhazzroucher: as a volunteer libraian I think it a good idea to point out that Twilight fandom started when it was a book NOT the film. I sort of laugh the fact that, although it is sorted as a YA (young adult) fiction book, if there wasn't sex and romance it would end up in the J (junior fiction) section. That is the reading level we're dealing with. 5th Graders could read it if it wasn't for miss swann having a baby...

ok...I'm leaving the twilight discussion and am going back to fixing the list for people's cosigns...

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#124  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

COSIGNS:

Aliens (Xenomorphs)

Darth Vader

HAL-9000

Invisible Man

Link

MacReady

Randall Flag

Spider Jerusalem

Spock

Terminator

The Doctor

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#125  Edited By nickthedevil

Good lord no... My joke has become a nightmare...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By nickthedevil

Anyway, i also cosign Dr. Emmett Brown, Herbert West, and Gandalf

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

I'll update everything later...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#128  Edited By Deranged Midget

@jhazzroucher said:

@The Poet said:

@Deadite said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jhazzroucher said:

How about Edward from Twilight?

Katniss from Hunger Games?

Oh jesus christ...

buwahahahahaahahaha, : )

The horror...

I got a problem...I can't tell if you are being serious or not...

For context, the last time Edward was nominated on the group pm, the user was not serious and I knew that, but I don't know if YOU are being serious or not...

Those on the pm know I had a coughing fit upon the idea of him being nominated and the mere mention of his name did make the concept of "negative cosigns" more enticing. So, you can tell what MY opinion on the subject is (especially given that i am normally a neutral party in these matters). However if he has to be a community nomination, I will not stop the sparkling little...fellow....

I am actually serious. The film has been very successful and drove fans crazy (though i am not one of them but watched all the films ) that they travelled and slept through camps waiting for the first day release.

Hunger Games was also a good film, simple yet emotional. Katniss is a bad-ass name too. : )

I hope i can be included on the group pm.

No Caption Provided

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By nickthedevil

LOL IDK

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#130  Edited By Deadite

@Deranged Midget:

It's a Twilight sandwich, Picard. (chewing motionlessly)

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#131  Edited By Deadite

Other Co-signs:

Roland Deschain

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Cthulu

Terminator

Robocop

The Crimson King

New Recommendations :

Lestat De Lioncourt (Read Ann Rice's second novel: The Vampire Lestat. It's an autobiography written, fictionally designed to seem like it's written by the Vampire himself. This book's what has gotten me interested in learning about immortal character, and maybe creating one, one day. Anne Rice writing style becomes enchanted and sinister and boyish, 17th-century-boyish? There're moments in this book really explore the territory of when fantasy things becomes real, and they're memories inside of this mad man's demonically sinful, undead brain. Now THAT'S a vampire! (The Vampire Lestat's the best novel to get into the character. There're sevengazillion more, but, for me at least, the character's personality had changed into absurdity in Anne's later installments. No offense to the serious loyal fans of Anne Rice....

Carrie White

P.S Someone should recommend Swamp Thing. I can't, because I don't have enough knowledge on the character. (Sorry I'm being weirdly passive) But considering its cult status, I think it should happen... I'll just wait.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Samus Aran

The main character on probably the best science fiction game series ever.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#133  Edited By IrishX
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Samus Aran

The main character on probably the best science fiction game series ever.

Agreed and co-signed.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

What about King Ghidorah? he appeared as a guardian of Japan, a mutated monster from the future, a cyborg, an alien, and a monster from Earth's past. Not that many characters could say they were a cyborg and an ancient Japanese guardian

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#135  Edited By Backflip

Nominate: Heero Yuy, Rose Tyler and Hermione Granger

COSIGN

Angel

Buffy

Gandalf

Obi Wan Kenobi

Darth Vader

Chewbacca

The Doctor

King Arthur

Malcom Reynolds

Garrus Valkarian

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Liberty
  1. Aslan: 1 cosign(s): Liberty
  2. Aslan: 2 cosign(s): RedheadedAtrocitus, Liberty
  3. River Tam: 1 cosign(s): Liberty
  4. River Tam: 2 cosign(s): Deadite, Liberty

@The Poet
Why do you have the above as two separate  line items?

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Liberty

Here is to hoping someone will cosign the following.

1. Alexander Dane: Galaxy Quest
  2. Bill Hudson: Aliens
  3. Career Sergeant Zim: Starship troopers
  4. Carl Jenkins: Starship Troopers
  5. Christine Chapel Star Trek
  6. Dejah Thoris: John Carter
  7. Dizzy Flores:  Starship Troopers
  8. Dutch Shafer: Predator
  9. Dwayne Hicks: Predator
  10. Edward Scissorhands: Edward Scissorhands
  11. Ezri Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
  12. Guy Fleegman: Galaxy Quest
  13. Gwen DeMarco: Galaxy Quest
  14. Ilia: 1 cosign(s): Star Trek the Motion Picture
  15. Jamice Rand: Star Trek
  16. Jason Nesmith: Galaxy Quest
  17. Jayne Cobb: Firefly
  18. Jean Rasczak: Starship Troopers
  19. Jenette Vasquez: Aliens
  20. Jessica 6:  Logan's Run
  21. Johnny Rico Starship Troopers
  22. Jose Tyler: Star Trek Pilot
  23. Julian Bashir: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
  24. Kaylee: Firefly
  25. Kes: Star Trek Voyager
  26. Kevin Riley: Star Trek
  27. Khan Singh: Star Trek
  28. Kira Nerys: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
  29. Logan 5: Logan's Run
  30. Magnus: Magnus
  31. Maria: Metropolis
  32. Martok: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
  33. Mia Colt: Star Trek Pilot
  34. Nog: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
  35. Number One: Star Trek Pilot
  36. Ro Laren: Star Trek the Next Generation
  37. Saavik: Star Tre the Wrath of Khan
  38. Starbuck: Battlestar Galactica
  39. Tars Tarkas: John Carter
  40. Tasha Yar: Star Trek the Next Generation
  41. Wash: Firefly
  42. Zeta: Batman Beyond
  43. Zoe Washburne: Firefly
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Liberty said:

1. Aslan: 1 cosign(s): Liberty
  2. Aslan: 2 cosign(s): RedheadedAtrocitus, Liberty
  3. River Tam: 1 cosign(s): Liberty
  4. River Tam: 2 cosign(s): Deadite, Liberty

@The Poet:
Why do you have the above as two separate line items?

caused by someone who is tired after a very long musical theater rehearsal and then (today) two separate performances I suspect, but don't quote me on that :P

@anyone who has nominated/cosigned. I will get to you soon. Been a little busy the past two days, but I'll be adding all of it slowly...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I want to suggest the original Gundam from Gundam 0079. It was the first Gundam and would be followed by many many more gundam series. Gundam is a great science fiction anime and I believe deserves a spot in the list. Gundam is so famous that Japan has even built a life size Gundam that stands in Tokyo (though I think it has been torn down).

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy: as you know (or I believe you know...) I am limited to characters/things on the site, so at times I am limited.

In this case, I have Gundam (which is an object for any general Gundam). That is what I can find on a quick search. If you still want to add that to the list even though it is not as specific as you want I will add it. I leave it up to you...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The Poet said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: as you know (or I believe you know...) I am limited to characters/things on the site, so at times I am limited.

In this case, I have Gundam (which is an object for any general Gundam). That is what I can find on a quick search. If you still want to add that to the list even though it is not as specific as you want I will add it. I leave it up to you...

Nah, Gundam in general is fine.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm going to admit I don't know Gundam that well, but they are like giant suits, correct? I'm trying to fit that to the "character" part of the list and I am having trouble...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The Poet said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm going to admit I don't know Gundam that well, but they are like giant suits, correct? I'm trying to fit that to the "character" part of the list and I am having trouble...

Yes. They are giant robots that a person gets inside and pilots.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy: yeah, still having trouble conecting them to the "characters" in "Top 100 Sci Fi and Fantasy Characters"

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The Poet said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: yeah, still having trouble conecting them to the "characters" in "Top 100 Sci Fi and Fantasy Characters"

Well I see what you mean. Gundam is more of a thing. Not a character... Well... I guess theres a problem with it being in the list then.

Well thats up to you to include it in the list or not. =)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm going to say I'm not going to include it...thanks for understanding...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Sorry about putting this in again, but I would like to nominate King Ghidorah. Mainly due to being referenced in all sorts of media. Also for being Godzilla's first evil enemy and appearing in the showa series, Heisei series, and Milleinium series(also zone fighter). There are also many other Kaiju that reference him(Desghidorah and Kaizer Ghidorah)

yeah, saw that nomination. As I said on page 7:

@anyone who has nominated/cosigned. I will get to you soon. Been a little busy the past two days, but I'll be adding all of it slowly...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@The Poet: Sorry about that I did not see that I will erase right now sorry again

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@joeagentofhand1: oh, no worries.

The list is now updated. All cosigns submitted to me have been added and almost all nominations (the exceptions are ones I have pmed nominators about).

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I don't know if this means anything to you, but someone did nominate Heero Yuy who is a operator of a Gundam...Just thought I'd mention it

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By jhazzroucher

I'd like to cosign: R2D2, Ellen Ripley and Robocop