Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

- This format is perfect -well done sara. :)

"Color me Intrigued!"

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, the return of geeky babs. Me heart.

#3 Posted by feargalr (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Grr.. I'm avoiding spiderman clips (it kinda seems like they've released the entire movie now doesn't it?) so I'll have to give this news a miss until Tuesday. But I'll watch it babs! I'll watch it all!! MUH HA HA HA HA

#4 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice weekly video - (well except for the hard edit at 00:14 seconds.)

Still worried about the Guardians rumors - hopefully they'll dump Rocket Raccoon - really reminiscent of the botched Green Lantern movie.

Honestly I'm hoping that the rumor mill is wrong - and this actually turns out to be a - dare I hope ...

... SILVER SURFER ! ???

- then bring in the Guardians of the Galaxy?

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not working for me...

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

wooooo!

I am not interested in the new Total Recall film at all

#7 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only watched 2 trailers and that is it...after that the story reveals itself to much. So I still feel like I need to see the movie, plus I have only seen 1 clip of the Lizard so that would be all new for me.

#8 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

So Kratos is in the Guardians of the Galaxy, that seems a little out of place...

#9 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

This still does not play for you?

#10 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be Super interested in a film Nova... but i would rather he get his own first. Its been pretty obvious to me since Thano's was revealed that there would be some sort of Space heroes movie, and with all the other ones i can think of tied to mutants (ie StarJammers and the Inhumans ) who are in turn tied to Fox, i figured that only left the Guardians. and now that ive finally played Marvel vs Capcom 3, the Nova and Rocket Raccoon inclusion make it even more likely.

... i just dont want Nova in a team movie. Its probably my love for the early character ( i feel a New Warriors #1 re-read brewing), but i think he deserves a Green Lantern-esq movie first.

and i give no cares for This Is War. maybe i will later, but the pile of ridiculous and re-hash that is Avengers vs Xmen is getting on my nerves, and it actually had my attention in the beginning. If they really are about to have Avengers get bested by people with guns, im out. Seriously, The Avengers should even be able to take down Sheild if they had to, so i cant think of any force in the Marvel U that can arm a bunch of guys with rifles and be a threat to the avengers.

i guess we will see. Great news segment as always Babs.

#11 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the new video, it works on youtube for me.

#12 Posted by noj (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpitfireINK: The Silver Surfer movie rights are owned by Fox so the mystery Marvel movie literally couldnt be the Silver Surfer. In fact I think Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty much confirmed.

#13 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Liz Lemon get hired by Comicvine? 8 P

#14 Posted by Grondoth (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Rocket Raccoon and Nova being put into MvC3 was some sort of long term power move if they've got that movie planned.

#15 Edited by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy 4th of July to my friends in America and to those in Canada, have a great Canada Day.

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@TheCrowbar said:

This still does not play for you?

Nope works now.

#17 Posted by CitizenJP (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm Nova was one of my favorite Marvel heroes.

#18 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

this was a very good mix of sara/voiceover/viewing what your talking about. i think you guys finally figured the right amount of editing for the comicvine news

#19 Posted by Dylabaloo (11 posts) - - Show Bio

For all those looking forward to Spider-Man here's an adorable interview with Andrew Garfield.

#20 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenJP said:

Mmm Nova was one of my favorite Marvel heroes.

#21 Posted by grifter78 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs:

Over 2300 unread messages Sara? You're behind. ;p

#22 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8994 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the clips that way I would be surprised when I see the movie. I hope it is good!!!

#23 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: I think a lot of people need clarification - No Company other than Disney - own the rights to any Marvel Character.

What the other Production Companies have are in fact - "Licensing Agreements" - to appear in a particular "format" - in most of these cases - "film only."

Those studios paid Marvel to produce movies using Marvel Characters.

In ALL of those Cases - the FILM rights over a stated period of time WILL REVERT to MARVEL - period -

Blade is one of those characters that has since reverted back to Marvel.

Fantastic Four is another set to do so very soon. - And to clarify that - Marvel never relinquished its rights to the Silver Surfer (only had a licensing agreement for 1 movie).

Another stipulation of these "Licensing Agreements" - such as the one for "Spider-Man" - is that Sony is REQUIRED to PRODUCE a NEW FILM every so many years

and that a portion of all the earnings be paid to MARVEL - otherwise - the Rights to Produce the FILMS - REVERT to MARVEL.

And in ALL of those "LICENSING AGREEMENTS" there is a Final date of Distribution -

My understanding is that ALL the "LICENSING AGREEMENTS" will CEASE & REVERT to MARVEL - no later than JANUARY 1st 2014!

(of course some are set to revert sooner - such as the Fantastic Four).

#24 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpitfireINK:

How is Rocket Raccoon a bad thing?

#26 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dylabaloo: Nice find!

#27 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs: You look so pretty, Babs. =)

#28 Posted by Xtremesteve (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to post what everyone is thinking... We love the see thru shirt and we want to see a swimsuit for July 4th... that is all :)

#29 Posted by csl316 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mumbles said:

this was a very good mix of sara/voiceover/viewing what your talking about. i think you guys finally figured the right amount of editing for the comicvine news

Agreed, no jarring voice levels, either.

Anywho, I'll check out Total Recall. Just like I check out every remake for some reason.

#30 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a saturday ticket!! so excited to go to comic con.

#31 Edited by GaspoweR (11 posts) - - Show Bio

When I hear Nova...all I hear is just "GRAVEMETRIC PULSE! Take that! Energy javelin! Energy javelin! Rocket punch! Take that! BRING IT.... POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE!!!" as for Rocket Raccoon... LOG TRAP!

#32 Posted by GaspoweR (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you were literally see through in this vid @Babs. I could see the background through your arm and upper torso at times it was pretty weird.

#33 Posted by sentryman555 (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even think about it being friday till you said it 0_0. This week really did fly by. Also come on Nova movie! I'm hoping it becomes like a Nova movie featuring Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd really want it to be told through his point of view. Is their any word about what DC is revealing in terms of film at Comic-Con? If anything at all. I'm really hoping to hear a trailer for Superman or something.

#34 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the weekly wrap up, Sara. A Happy 4th to you, as well. I really like the touch of how you direct users to the wiki page to learn more about the character. That could be a cool feature to point out the work done by users that ties in with recent comic events.

Doesn't it seem weird that Marvel constantly puts out previews for new events before the current one is even done? Enough with the events already. It's like dealing with a drug addict. They keep saying they'll stop, but they never do. Always chasing the Fin Fang Foom.

You can't take those event preview images seriously. So often they suggest things that never even happen.

I heard about that 23 minute clip of the ASM movie. How sad is it that Sony has put out a total of 23 minutes of what will more than likely be a 90 minute movie - not counting credits? I used to be really excited for this movie, but now I'm feeling I could wait for DVD. I mean, I never really wanted another origin story movie.

I'm open to Garfield, despite his pretty-boy hair style. I actually think his slim build is perfect for a young Spider-man. I never like it when artists make Spidey too beefy.

#35 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else see the amount of PMs Babs has, 2,233.

#36 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova in a movie appeals to me. Sara you have an AWESOME ID-4 now!

#37 Posted by Vaancor (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpitfireINK said:

Lots of stuff about the licensing deals

Big thanks for clearing that up for me.

#38 Posted by tamabone (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xtremesteve: Sara is HOT. How about her in a different super hero cosplay every week. LOL

#39 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

People on this site are pretty creepy

#40 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

People on this site are pretty creepy

True enough....

:/

#41 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

HOOOORAY FOR COMI-CON

#42 Posted by cbishop (7416 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, Sara, nice news segment. :)

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

@tamabone said:

@Xtremesteve: Sara is HOT. How about her in a different super hero cosplay every week. LOL

Let's try NOT to perpetuate the socially awkward stereotype that is so often associated with comic book readers.

Sara's pretty. We get it. That shouldn't be her defining characteristic. She doesn't do these videos to get weird comments or people telling her how hot she is. She does them because it's part of her job and something she enjoys doing for the site.