Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the beginning of the week so that means it's time to look back at what went on last week. This is where we look at the numbers of views in each section to get an idea what you guys have been checking out.

Here's last week's data if you want to compare.

Top Seven Viewed Comic Characters

1. Batman
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Superman
  4. Deadpool
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Bane
  7. Hulk

Batman and Spider-Man are still on top. No surprise. Deadpool's been going up and down on the list during the week. You can also see that Wonder Woman has pushed her way up as well.

== TEASER ==

Top Seven Viewed News Articles

1. Off My Mind: The Difficulties of Making Superman Cool
  2. Awesome Art Picks: Hawkeye, Justice League, X-Men and More
  3. Is 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' the Definitive Batman Story?
  4. Remember When: Superman and Batman Wanted to Kill Jimmy Olsen and Robin?
  5. 'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1' Trailer
  6. Upcoming 'The Avengers' DVD/Blu-ray to Feature Alternate Ending...
  7. 10 Comics to Buy This Week: 8/1/2012

Top Seven Viewed Reviews

1. Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1
  2. The First X-Men #1
  3. Earth 2 #4
  4. Avengers Vs. X-Men #9
  5. Hawekeye #1
  6. Ultimate Spider-Man #13
  7. The Dark Knight Rises

It's surprising that the movie review for The Dark Knight Rises is still hanging in there.

Top Five Viewed Videos

1. The Week in Comic News: 08/03/12
  2. The Best Stuff In Comics This Week: Episode 04
  3. Ask, and Ye Shall Recieve...Answers: Episode 12
  4. 3-Minute Expert: Who Is Bane?
  5. The Dark Knight Rises - SPOILER-Filled

We need more videos around here. But that also means we need more time. Speaking of time, that's it for this week's data round up. Any surprises this week? Let us know before. We'll have another summary next week.

Staff
#1 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

glad to see that copy/paste technique isnt left unused.

#2 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

glad to see that copy/paste technique isnt left unused.

welcome to the vine

Hope to see you around the forums.

#3 Posted by ChernobylCow (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely had my girlfriend watch the 3 - minute expert on Bane after we saw TDKR. I love how those videos start out fairly calm but eventually reveal how nuts comics continuity is.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely happy to see the Superman article regarding how to make him cool again was the number one news article for the week. Shows to me that people wanna see the Man of Steel get his pizzazz back.

#5 Edited by hyenascar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I love small articles like this because it cuts to the heart of our social psychology. At least within this community. People can say what they want, but like a demographic survey this shows what we are passionate about. And apparently its a romantic story between batman and spider-man.

For all the hate people want to throw at deadpool at times, apparently he ticks the box as far as the general curiosities go.

#6 Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyenascar: Exactly. It's no surprise they're making a DP video game.

@ChernobylCow: As much as I love comics, there are so many times I start cracking up during these shoots at the absurdity of it. Reading it is one thing. Trying to say it in front of a camera seriously is another.

Staff
#7 Posted by hyenascar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I'm cautiously excited. Software company trying to cash in on a hot product, or fans of deadpool trying to give him his due. Discuss amongst yourselves.

#8 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

still surprised that deadpool kills the marvel universe got a lame review .... It was good!!!!

#9 Posted by Barkley (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman looks cool in that picture

#10 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8983 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stat article as always

#11 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

WW will battle her way up top

#12 Posted by BATinc (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman = Best

#13 Posted by Grey56 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Wizard featured an article over top superheroes of the month ? Glad that this method actually uses site hits to justify that standing. It's also amusing that despite all the hate the capes get - they still drive the train and rightfully so. Thanks for the article, G-Man.

#14 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

WW will battle her way up top

YESSSSSS

#15 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love Comic Vine!

#16 Posted by Luthorcrow (178 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700:

No doubt and if people aren't buying the current run of WW they are crazy. It should be on everyone's list. Fine comic.

#17 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Luthorcrow said:

@moywar700:

No doubt and if people aren't buying the current run of WW they are crazy. It should be on everyone's list. Fine comic.

perhaps.

#18 Posted by CMSAM (4 posts) - - Show Bio

http://viewfromthebottom1973.blogspot.com.au/ - my new blog entry is about how DC can top Marvel in the movie bizz. Please read and feel free to leave comments if you like :-) other entries on there involve my thoughts on how Justice League should be made, my review-ish of The Dark Knight Rises, how DC and Marvel can make their comics more accessible to new comers and in turn gain new readers, my thoughts on Arrow and some sport stuff. Have fun!