Comic Vine Votes! - Best of the Month ( SEPT 2013) ***RESULTS***

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Welcome to the Best of the Month Poll where voters decide what is the best of the month! Today, I bring you the results of: Comic Vine Votes! - Best of the Month (SEPT 2013)

We had 18 voters including:

• BattheMan008
  • blur1528
  • CitizenBane
  • d_bones
  • DecoyElite
  • DonFelipe
  • EnigmaLantern
  • kfhrfdu_89_76k
  • kilomac29
  • lifeboy
  • MadeinBangladesh
  • MannEffest
  • Mulder15
  • scouts1998
  • The Poet
  • TheAcidSkull
  • TheFirstLantern
  • V_Scarlotte_Rose

Now, let’s get down to business, shall we?

Best Writing

No Caption Provided
  1. Action Comics #23.2 - Zod
  2. Infinity #3 / Swamp Thing #23.1: Arcane (TIE)
  3. Batman #23.1 Joker
  4. Batman & Robin #23.1: Two Face / Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday / Saga #14
  5. Batman And Robin #23.4 Killer Croc / Forever Evil #1 (TIE)

To see the past results of this category check out: Comic Vine Votes - Best Writing of the Month

Best Cover Art

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday
  2. Avengers #19 / Swamp Thing #23.1 - Arcane #1 (TIE)
  3. Batman #23.2 - Riddler / Flash #23.2 Reverse-Flash / Uncanny X-Men #12 (TIE)

NOTE: going to start a rule that I won't show titles with just 3pts (or someone's first votes). also puting this in place so I don't have to show the 11 part tie for 4th place haha

To see the past results of this category check out: Comic Vine Votes - Best Cover Art of the Month

Best Interior Art

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday
  2. Action Comics #23.2
  3. Green Arrow #23.1: Count Vertigo / Justice League Dark #23.2 Eclipso (TIE)
  4. Avengers #19 / Sex Criminals #1 / Superior Spider-Man #18 (TIE)

To see the past results of this category check out: Comic Vine Votes - Best Interior Art of the Month

Best Marvel Comics

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  1. Infinity #3 / Thor God Of thunder #13 (TIE)
  2. Daredevil #31 / Deadpool #17 / Gambit #17 (TIE)

Best DC Comics

No Caption Provided
  1. Batman #23.2 Riddler
  2. Action Comics #23.2: Zod
  3. Swamp Thing #23.1 - Arcane #1
  4. Batman & Robin #23.1: Two Face / Batman/Superman #3.1 (TIE)
  5. Batman And Robin #23.4 Croc / Justice League of America #7.1: Deadshot / Superman #23.3 H'EL (TIE)

NOTE: Riddler beat Zod 11 to 8pts. Just wanted to note so it doesn't seem like I fixed the result, which if I had done you would be seeing it win categories like Best Indie and others...

Best Indie Comic

No Caption Provided
  1. Saga #14
  2. Quantum and Woody #3
  3. The Walking Dead #114
  4. Sex Criminals #1 / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #26 (TIE)
  5. Eternal Warrior #1

Most Underrated Comic of the Month

No Caption Provided
  1. Quantum & Woody #3
  2. Batman #23.3: Penguin / East of West #6 (TIE)
  3. Action Comics #23.1 / Batman/Superman #3.1 / Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 Joker's Daughter / Captain Marvel #16 / Invincible 105 / Lazarus #3/ Locke and Key Alpha #1 / Scarlet Spider #22 / Superman #23.4 / The Bunker #2 / The Trial of the Punisher #1 / X-Men Legacy #16 (TIE)

NOTE: I'm already breaking my new thing about not showing titles with only 3pts by showing you the 12-part tie, but I thought you would want to see the underrated results. Not posting 8-part tie for 4th place...

Comic Vine's Male Hero of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Black Bolt - Infinity #3
  2. Jesus – The Walking Dead #114
  3. Daredevil – Daredevil #31
  4. Alfred - Injustice: Gods Among Us #36 / Archer-Archer and Armstrong #13 / Hulk/Banner - Indestructible Hulk #13 / The Will - Saga #14 / Thor - Thor: God of Thunder #13 / Vision - Avengers A.I. #3 / Zor-El - Action Comics #23.1 Cyborg Superman (TIE)

Comic Vine's Female Hero of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Captain Marvel - Avengers #19
  2. Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel #16 / Kara - Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday (TIE)
  3. Emma Frost- Uncanny X-Men #12 / Lara - Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday / Alana - Saga #14 / Aphrodite IX- Aphrodite IX #5 / Kitty Pryde- Battle of the Atom Part 1 / Ms. Marvel- Avengers #19 / Rufus Whedon - Locke and Key Alpha #1

Comic Vine's Male Villain of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Riddler - Batman #23.2 Riddler
  2. Anton Arcane - Swamp Thing #23.1 - Anton Arcane
  3. Ultraman - Forever Evil #1
  4. Malekith the Accursed – Thor: God of Thunder #13 / Count Vertigo - Green Arrow #23.1 - Count Vertigo / Zod- Action Comics #23.2 (TIE)

Interesting trivia for ya: Zod techically won with most points (12pts) but since I've been told that I shouldn't combine appearences in one month for one character (in this case Zod had pts from Action Comics 23.1, 23.2 and 23.4 in addition to Batman/Superman #3.1). Thus, Riddler won with 11 compared to Arcane's 8 pts.

Comic Vine's Female Villain of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Shadow Thief - Justice League of America #7.3
  2. Ex Nihila - Avengers #19 / Harley Quinn- Detective Comics #23.2 (TIE)
  3. Cheetah - Wonder Woman #23.1 / Joker's Daughter - Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 / Killer Frost - Justice League of America #7.2 (TIE)
  4. Gwendolyn - Saga #14 / Poison Ivy - Detective Comics #23.1 / Ventriloquist - Batman: Dark Knight #23.1 (TIE)

Comic Vine’s Wild Card: Best Overall Antagonist of the Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Riddler - Batman #23.2
  2. Count Vertigo - Green Arrow #23.1 / Thanos - Infinity #3 (TIE)
  3. Lex Luthor- Action Comics #23.3
  4. Dodge - Locke and Key Alpha #1 / Joker's Daughter - Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 Joker's Daughter / Killer Croc - Batman And Robin #23.4 Killer Croc / Lex Luthor --- Forever Evil #1 / Negan – The Walking Dead #114 / The Rogues - The Flash #23.3 / Two-Face - Batman and Robin #23.1 / Zod - Action Comics #23.4 (TIE with 3pts)

Feel free to suggest a topic for next month's Wild Card otherwise I get to choose and you might get something like this where my favorite somehow wins haha...this contest is not rigged haha I have numbers I can prove it :P

Comic Vine's Best Comic of The Month!

No Caption Provided
  1. Forever Evil #1 with 19 points
  2. Green Arrow #23.1 with 15 points
  3. Lock & Key Alpha #1 with 12 points
  4. Sex Criminals #1 with 11 points
  5. Batman #23.2 Riddler / Batman and Robin #23.4 / Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 Joker's Daughter / Indestructible Hulk #13 / New Avengers #10 / Saga #14 / Uncanny X-Men #12 all with 9 pts

I'd like to note that none of the top 4 results won 1st place in any of the categories. I don't think that's happened before.

Anyway...that's the results of the month!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 The Poet  Moderator
MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By MannEffest

Awesome! :) happy with almost all the results, looking forward to next month!

Also, have we done Best Overall Publisher of the Month? or Best Cliffhanger of the Month before?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOOHOO!!! Quantum and Woody and Locke and KEy and SAGA!!!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The Poet  Moderator

Awesome! :) happy with almost all the results, looking forward to next month!

Also, have we done Best Overall Publisher of the Month? or Best Cliffhanger of the Month before?

we've done:

• July 2012 - Best Team: Avengers in Avengers vs X-Men #8
  • Aug 2012 - Best Battle/Fight Scene: Wonder Woman vs. Artemis in Wonder Woman #12
  • Sept 2012 - Best Revised Origins: Flash #0
  • Oct 2012 - Best Ending: Batman #13
  • Nov 2012 - Wild Cards Nomination Month
  • Dec 2012 - Wild Card Voting Month: "Best Story Arc"
  • Jan 2013 - Best Story Arc - Death of the Family: Guess Who's Back...?
  • Febr 2013 - Best Moment That Reminds You Why You Read Comics - Hawkeye #8
  • March 2013 - Best Pet - Bat-Cow
  • June 2013 - Best Beginning (of an issue) - Superman Unchained #1
  • July 2013 - Best Supporting Character - The Question - Justice League of America #6
  • Aug 2013 - Best Dressed Character / Most Fashionable Character of the Month - Superwoman - Justice League #23
  • Sept 2013 - Best Antagonist of the Month - Riddler - Batman #23.2

In regards to publishers, we pretty much assume DC would win, and then we'd have some order with Marvel, Boom, Image, IDW, etc. Maybe Image or one of the others could defeat DC to prove me wrong, but I just don't know...honestly, I would be kind of bored by those results (I mean no disrespect of course...I just like to have surprises, you know? like that black horse which ends up in the top 5. Like for instance, Superwoman winning best dressed...I personally would have picked someone else, but it's that surprise that makes the wild card really fun for me...where with publishers the only dark horse we might get would literally be Dark Horse as we don't see that publisher as much in this poll...)

Cliff hanger sounds interesting. Could bring some interesting results. other options I have assembled from suggestions include:

• Best ___ [Insert genre. ie Action, romance etc.]
  • Best Cliffhanger
  • Best Crossover
  • Best First Page
  • Best Last Page
  • Best Splash Page
  • Best Team-up
  • Best Transportation/Vehicle
  • Best Weapon
  • Biggest Let Downs
  • Funniest Character
  • Funniest Comic of the Month
  • Most Anticipated Series
  • Most Disappointing Comic
  • Most Heroic Character
  • Most Underrated Character
  • Worst Character
  • Worst Cover

Since this is called the Best of the month, I tend to steer away from catagories like "Biggest let down", but if the community wants it we could try it out.

like said, Cliff Hanger shows promise.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

best sound effect

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Best homage cover.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Interesting results! I'm not so happy with the all the ties though. Despite the number of 18 voters there's still way too many ties and I can't believe Forever Evil #1 won this voting. One could call that a steal because...

"none of the top 4 results won 1st place in any of the categories." WOW!!!

This was one of the best Best of the Month polls in recent month.

Hopefully, most of the voters will come back again next month.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DonFelipe

Sweet!

No Caption Provided

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The Poet  Moderator

Interesting results! I'm not so happy with the all the ties though. Despite the number of 18 voters there's still way too many ties and I can't believe Forever Evil #1 won this voting. One could call that a steal because...

"none of the top 4 results won 1st place in any of the categories." WOW!!!

This was one of the best Best of the Month polls in recent month.

Hopefully, most of the voters will come back again next month.

well, although I don't like ties, we can look at them in a different positive way: that this means we have a diversity in opinions that we don't just like the same things. I do think this month was a little scattered with villains month and that is partially to blame. I mean, that's what marvel has diffuculties with on this poll where a title can have more than one issue in a month and thus votes are divided between the issues.

I wonder if the numbers jump was caused by me pinning it in the general section...or what happened this month...

Sweet!

No Caption Provided

I know, right? none of the recent images people had uploaded to black bolt's page jumped out at me so I glanced at the issue and I saw that alt cover...

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Sorry of not voting this month was a bit busy and forgot about it. Will definitely do so next month. I agreed on most of the winners anyway.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Doomsday had a strong start...that's about it. Boo. Loved his issue!

To be honest, I agree with all of the winners, such an awesome month - loved it.

For Wild Card, why not Best One Liner? A bit out of the box but it could work...that's my input to that discussion although some of the other suggestions are pretty great too.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Wild Card I would say, Best Cliffhanger, Best Underrated Character, and Best Splash Page are my options!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Sorry of not voting this month was a bit busy and forgot about it. Will definitely do so next month. I agreed on most of the winners anyway.

Hope you can join us Oct 30th - Nov 6th for the Best of the Month of October. Or if you want me to I can make a note to bother you with a pm if you think you might need a reminder

Doomsday had a strong start...that's about it. Boo. Loved his issue!

To be honest, I agree with all of the winners, such an awesome month - loved it.

For Wild Card, why not Best One Liner? A bit out of the box but it could work...that's my input to that discussion although some of the other suggestions are pretty great too.

Admittedly, I didn't pick up doomsday, but seeing it win I am wondering about it. Do you think it is worth reading?

One liner would be harder because it would be kind of all over the place and I'm not sure how it would be voted or if we would get a clear winner and if we would get a lot of voters for that catagory (or if most people would be lazy and skip it). Maybe "Best Dialogue"? That would be more specific and could get more voters than Lines (though I would love to do a quote as a result...). I don't know. I'm just typing.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: I personally thought it was a great issue, would definitely recommend it, especially if you're a Superman fan or a Doomsday fan as a whole. The art was great and followed by the writing and the whole story/plot behind it, I thought it was great. I found it gave some origin to the character but still kept the enigmatic feel about him.

Best Dialogue sounds great, you definitely have a point there. I'd be happy with Best Dialogue plus it has relevance to all comic books. Thumbs up from me!

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

@the_poet: If it's no trouble could you pm me as I forgot quite a few months in a row in the past.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The Poet  Moderator

@johnkmccubbin91: if the poll runs from Oct 30th - Nov 6th (with that first wed of Nov being tentative because we often extend the deadline) when would be the best time to message you a reminder? In the past, I've done pms to get people to vote and then this month I didn't send out any and we got 18 voters so I don't think I'll pm people unless they request a pm which I can easily do if I know when to send them out. I don't want to send it out too early that you haven't gotten the comics from Oct 30th or the last Wednesday of the month....

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: @scouts1998: @manneffest: @enigmalantern: ok so of the ones people mentioned/said they wanted we have:

• Best Cliffhanger of the Month
  • Best Dialogue
  • Best Underrated Character
  • Best Splash Page
  • Best use of onomatopoeia (action words)
  • Best homage cover

So what would you guys like based on those (or do you have other ideas?). I personally am leaning toward either Best Cliffhanger or Best Dialogue.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: Best Dialogue for me. But any other is good as well.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@the_poet: I can't believe I totally missed this!!!

Glad to see Riddler won best DC comic of the month though.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@the_poet: I can't believe I totally missed this!!!

Glad to see Riddler won best DC comic of the month though.

well, you know...there's always next month :)

Of course you know I'm totally heart broken that Riddler won three different categories :P

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: True. May I put in a vote a best dialogue catagory?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The Poet  Moderator

@battle_forum_junkie: alright so we have 2 votes for Dialogue then.

I think dialogue would be interesting. Would be interested to see if the results would be different from Best Writing.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to read Batman #23.2 Riddler. Hope they got the character right. There are a lot of interpretations that I just don't like.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go for best Cliffhanger, I'm not sure how Dialogue would differ from writing. It's all writing.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The Poet  Moderator

ok, so:

@battle_forum_junkie and @enigmalantern want Best Dialogue

while @manneffest wants best Cliffhanger

any preference @donfelipe @kfhrfdu_89_76k: @scouts1998@v_scarlotte_rose@battheman008@blur1528@citizenbane@d_bones@decoyelite@kilomac29@lifeboy@madeinbangladesh@manneffest@mulder15@scouts1998@theacidskull@thefirstlantern on what the next wild card will be? I'd like to get maybe 5 or more supporters on one catagory subject (thus 1/4 of voteres). Of course this doesn't mean we won't do both catagories at a future time just asking which one you want for Oct 2013's poll

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The Poet  Moderator

@_gaff_ said:

Can't wait to read Batman #23.2 Riddler. Hope they got the character right. There are a lot of interpretations that I just don't like.

well, I will say I enjoyed it. However, I don't espechelly trust my opinion at times till I reread the comic again later on (like I said I enjoyed the Riddler who appeared in the later pre-flashpoint Batman 3-parter and then rereading it I really hate that appearance or at least the ending). But this appearance seems fairly stable that I don't think I'll change my mind about how I like the issue. I'm not sure if it is my favorite appearance (not sure what would be favorite now that I think about it), but I liked it more than the Moehawk we started the New 52 with :P

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Best Cliffhanger sounds good to me.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll go with best cliffhanger.

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best cliffhanger

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By TheFirstLantern

best cliffhanger

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

cliffhanger

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like Best Cliffhanger will be the wild card category for this month' voting!

Nice! I wish we had done Best Cliffhanger of the Villains Month, too. I loved the last panel that showed the Riddler -- after the rather easy walk-through Wayne Enterprises -- just killing time and playing solitaire while waiting for his greatest enemy; the Batman -- classy! Of course you can hardly tell it a cliffhanger but I would have voted for it nonetheless.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

@_gaff_ said:

well, I will say I enjoyed it. However, I don't espechelly trust my opinion at times till I reread the comic again later on (like I said I enjoyed the Riddler who appeared in the later pre-flashpoint Batman 3-parter and then rereading it I really hate that appearance or at least the ending). But this appearance seems fairly stable that I don't think I'll change my mind about how I like the issue. I'm not sure if it is my favorite appearance (not sure what would be favorite now that I think about it), but I liked it more than the Moehawk we started the New 52 with :P

Oh my god, don't even mention Moehawk Riddler. I want even accept him as a Riddler henchmen. We just need to all forget he ever existed. :)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The Poet  Moderator

@_gaff_: yeah, so even if you are like me where you aren't entirely crazy about the whole "Haphephobia" (fear of being touched) that Synder added to Riddler, there are worse interpretations for dear Eddie.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The Poet  Moderator

Seems like Best Cliffhanger will be the wild card category for this month' voting!

Nice! I wish we had done Best Cliffhanger of the Villains Month, too. I loved the last panel that showed the Riddler -- after the rather easy walk-through Wayne Enterprises -- just killing time and playing solitaire while waiting for his greatest enemy; the Batman -- classy! Of course you can hardly tell it a cliffhanger but I would have voted for it nonetheless.

It would have gotten my vote as well :P

Would have been interesting to see what would have won for Sept, but October's results/votes will be intersting. you know, I'm kind of liking this new way of selecting Wild Cards (anyone can vote compared to a select group or just me being in charge. How do you like that? we got democracy :D )

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@the_poet said:

ok, so:

@battle_forum_junkie and @enigmalantern want Best Dialogue

while @manneffest wants best Cliffhanger

any preference @donfelipe @kfhrfdu_89_76k: @scouts1998@v_scarlotte_rose@battheman008@blur1528@citizenbane@d_bones@decoyelite@kilomac29@lifeboy@madeinbangladesh@manneffest@mulder15@scouts1998@theacidskull@thefirstlantern on what the next wild card will be? I'd like to get maybe 5 or more supporters on one catagory subject (thus 1/4 of voteres). Of course this doesn't mean we won't do both catagories at a future time just asking which one you want for Oct 2013's poll

yea I would join in to say Best ending/ cliffhanger

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The Poet  Moderator

@madeinbangladesh: alright. well it looks like we'll most definitely be doing that catagory in a few weeks.

You do bring up a good point intentionally or unintentionally which is the phrasing. Do we care about the whole "cliff hanger"? or we care about the ending more? I'm fascinated thinking about the results. will the winner be one with a suspeneful ending or will it be dominated by an issue like the Batman #23.2 - Solitaire which @donfelipe said he would vote for? (I'm not saying anything was wrong with the issue and given my interest in seeing Riddler win I might have done so as well, but I don't classify it as a cliff hanger or a suspenseful ending). Supose I could propose doing "Best Ending" for the second time (would get more voters I'm sure), but I'm curious about what we would get for Cliff Hanger and the voters voted on it so we'll see what happens...

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

I'm kind of liking this new way of selecting Wild Cards (anyone can vote compared to a select group or just me being in charge. How do you like that? we got democracy :D )

I'm okay with democracy and letting everybody vote for next month' wild card category as long as it's a different one every month and the same category isn't used twice in a short period of time respectively. On the other hand I also liked the old way when the winner of the previous month could choose next month' wild card. We could also say every time there's a single winner we let him/her decide and whenever there's more than one winner we let everybody (not just that select group of winners) decide. It's just an idea.

@the_poet said:

@madeinbangladesh: alright. well it looks like we'll most definitely be doing that catagory in a few weeks.

You do bring up a good point intentionally or unintentionally which is the phrasing. Do we care about the whole "cliff hanger"? or we care about the ending more? I'm fascinated thinking about the results. will the winner be one with a suspeneful ending or will it be dominated by an issue like the Batman #23.2 - Solitaire which @donfelipe said he would vote for? (I'm not saying anything was wrong with the issue and given my interest in seeing Riddler win I might have done so as well, but I don't classify it as a cliff hanger or a suspenseful ending). Supose I could propose doing "Best Ending" for the second time (would get more voters I'm sure), but I'm curious about what we would get for Cliff Hanger and the voters voted on it so we'll see what happens...

Question is do we want to draw the line and clearly separate the two or combine them into one category? A year ago Batman #13, being the first issue in the Death of the Family arc, won in the wild card category Best Ending though it was a huge cliffhanger and the beginning of the story (arc) and not at all the end. However, if the majority votes for Best Cliffhanger it should be Best Cliffhanger, and if anyone mistakenly picks an ending that does not include a real cliffhanger (e.g. The Riddler #1) because he/she doesn't know better (like me!), you can let it count anyways.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The Poet  Moderator

@donfelipe: well, for me I like this voting system more because I don't have to remember about pming a certain group (and I don't have to do a Ctrl+F to see who voted for the previous month's winner). It was a cute system, but it was too much work for me and why I switched to this was that I often forgot to do the pm and thus I would have to do it. If I do it here in the results thread we not only get some traffic on these threads but I also have a easy to reach record of what the Wild Card will be (in the old system I had to dig and dig to get that pm).

So I'm really fine with democracy. I like having more than one voice choosing the wild card. If we wanted just one chooser it would be about the same as me choosing which is fine, but I like more than one oppinion as exibited here. we pretty much had two catagories to choose from and although it looked like it was going to go one way it went another which is why I love this poll: people's opinions mingling together always create surprises.

I'm going to go with "Best Cliffhanger" and see what happens. I think clarifying leads to less votes (I don't have a good "Best Cliffhanger of an arc" canidate so I want a regular cliffhanger) and no matter what happens there will be users who vote for their favorates like you and me with Solitaire. Best just to see what happens...

Super_Phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am pleased forever evil was best comic of the month, I am loving the series atm and glad to see other people are aswell