Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the results of: Comic Vine Votes! – Best of the Month (Aug 2012)

Appologises for the delay (I was sick when I was going to post this...), however I'm better so the fun can begin! Before I begin however, I must say that this is the 12th edition of the Comic Vine Votes: Best of the Month. Cosmo111687 posted the first four polls and then I took over at the begining of this year to continue this poll.

To celebrate this occasion we had a whopping 20 voters (and several more supporters!):

1. johnkmccubbin91
  2. DoomDoomDoom
  3. MadeinBangladesh
  4. TheAcidSkull
  5. Outside_85
  6. Deranged Midget
  7. kingjoeg
  8. Adnan
  9. htb106
  10. Katie24
  11. coolguyr99
  12. knighthood
  13. Afro_Warrior
  14. Mucklefluga
  15. livlig
  16. The Poet
  17. RazzaTazz
  18. batflash09
  19. stumpy49er
  20. cosmo111687

Now, let’s get down to business, shall we?

Best writing

1. Wonder Woman #12
  2. Aquaman #12
  3. Amazing Spider Man #692
  4. Animal Man #12
  5. Saga #6

Best Interior Art

1. Batwoman #12
  2. Flash #12
  3. Justice League #12
  4. Aquaman #12
  5. Saga #6

Best Cover Art

1. Batwoman #12
  2. Flash Annual #1
  3. Amazing Spider Man #692
  4. Flash #12
  5. Red Hood and The Outlaws #12

Best Marvel Comics

1. Amazing Spiderman #692
  2. Hawkeye 1
  3. Spider Men #4
  4. Gambit #1
  5. Winter Soldier #9

Best DC Comics

1. Wonder Woman #12
  2. Flash #12
  3. Before Watchmen: Rorschach
  4. Aquaman #12
  5. Batman #12

Best Non-Marvel or DC

1. Saga #6
  2. Walking Dead #101
  3. Debris #2
  4. Hellblazer #294
  5. CREEP #0

Most Underrated Comic Of The Month

1. Gambit #1
  2. Captain Atom #12
  3. Dial H #4
  4. CREEP #0
  5. HARVEST #1

Comic Vine's Male Hero of the Month!

Spidey Won! However...which one? :P
  1. Spider-Man - Amazing Spider-Man #692
  2. Jay Garrick - Earth 2 #4
  3. Batman (Batman Incorporated #3)
  4. Gambit - Gambit #1/2
  5. Rorschach - Before Watchmen #1

Comic Vine's Female Hero of the Month!

Maybe it's just me, but I think Razz fixed the results :P
  1. Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman #12
  2. Harper Row- Batman #12
  3. Carol Danvers- Captain Marvel #3
  4. Batwoman - Batwoman #12
  5. Catwoman (Catwoman #12)

Comic Vine's Male Villain of the Month!

Death is home
  1. Black Hand - Green Lantern #12
  2. Apollo - Wonder Woman #12
  3. Antone Arcane (Animal Man #12, Swamp Thing #12)
  4. Graves - Justice League #12
  5. Helspont - Superman Annual #1

Comic Vine's Female Villain of the Month!

Hello deary! did you vote for me?
  1. Bloody Mary - Batwoman #12
  2. Morgaine Le Fay - Demon Knights #12
  3. Artemis - Wonder Woman #12
  4. Hera - Wonder Woman #12
  5. Kiva- Superboy #12

Comic Vine’s Wild Card: Battle of the Month!

oh, isn't she nice?
  1. Wonder Woman vs. Artemis(and other Amazonian fights) in Wonder Woman #12
  2. Flash Vs The Rogues - Flash Annual 1
  3. Alan Scott vs Grundy - Earth 2 #4
  4. Graves vs. the Justice League - Justice League #12
  5. Sinistro/Hal vs. Black Hand - Green Lantern #12

Special thanks to last month's winning voters, SupahForeigner and TheAcidSkullwinner, for nominating this month's wild card.

Next month's wild card will be nominated by Outside_85, Adnan, Katie24 , and RazzaTazz who voted for Diana's battle.

Comic Vine's Best Comic of The Month!

1. Batwoman #12 with 2 first place wins and 45 points
  2. Amazing Spider Man #692 with 1 first place win and 35 points
  3. Wonder Woman #12 with 2 first place wins and 34 points
  4. Flash #12 with 29 points
  5. Saga #4 with 1 first place win and 27 points

Well, I must say that was some interesting results: a lot of them are unexpected (but quite deserved). Tune in with me next month on the 26th to see what unexpected were the Best of the Month of September 2012!

Be seeing you :D

#1 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you all for voting and thank you for your patience!

20 voters for our year annivercy! I think that is good :D

oh: Outside_85, Adnan, Katie24 , and RazzaTazz: I will be contacting your three about what you want to do for next month's wild card...

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Batman has been knocked down from his throne!? About time... *cough* I mean, congrats to Spidey!

#3 Posted by RazzaTazz (11939 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: No Sydney Savage, that is too bad.
#4 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (9761 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo!!! BATWOMAN!!! BEST COMIC OF THE MONTH!!!!  Loved the book! Everything about the book are 5/5.
Hawkeye should have won more votes :) the BOOK was soo good. I Guess CV has more DC fans than Marvel.
PS. Dat Wonder Woman pic is  Sexayyyyy :p

#5 Posted by Adnan (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good spread of titles this month. DC seems to be virtually dominating the character categories though, interesting.

Wow, Batman didn't get 1st in anything, that's amazing lol

#6 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Pretty good spread of titles this month. DC seems to be virtually dominating the character categories though, interesting.

Wow, Batman didn't get 1st in anything, that's amazing lol

Well, in the past we've seen DC really dominate. In tabulating the votes I found it interesting that we saw the introduction of a number of series we had never seen in the poll before (the regular title of Wolverine for example was included in the votes which has never happened).

I kind of have to disagree with you on the character spread. I thought it was more open than previous polls. The fact that Spidey won is monumental based on our previous polls. This is the first time a non-DC/Verticgo character has won best male hero. Batman has won multimple times, Superman won the first time we had that catagory and then we had the few months where Swamp thing or Constantine won.

@MadeinBangladesh: you said CV has more DC fans than Marvel. Going to show you something:

DC talley
The Marvel talley (note the places I colored orange so you can see where voters were unable to vote anymore for comparison)

Just an observation in comparison. However, it is a vast improvement from previous polls. It's unclear if these results are because are greater audience with this being pinned or what...We shall have to see what Sept looks like to compare...

#7 Posted by cosmo111687 (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

No Silhouette? For shame, comic vine... (Still the best in my book)

Anyhoo, here's to another year! ^.^

#9 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3896 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice too see who won. I however can't believe Harper Row a new character came second in best dc female hero over people like Batwoman and Captain Marvel

#10 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687: cheers!

@TheAcidSkull: anytime

@johnkmccubbin91: pretty much it was how people voted I mean Row got 12 points (just so you know I won't explain how it was divided into voters but if you're interested you can look it up in the voting poll) while Captain Marvel got 9 with Batwoman getting 8 points. Wonder Woman was the clear victor with 21.5 (the point 5 was caused by someone voting for JL WW and the regular title WW in the same vote so I had to split it).

#11 Posted by knighthood (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Wooo!!! BATWOMAN!!! BEST COMIC OF THE MONTH!!!! Loved the book! Everything about the book are 5/5.
Hawkeye should have won more votes :) the BOOK was soo good. I Guess CV has more DC fans than Marvel.
PS. Dat Wonder Woman pic is Sexayyyyy :p

Looks like Wonder Woman being portrayed by Kim Kardashian. I agree about the Batwoman love. JHWIII is a fave. And Bloody Mary even won best femme vill, but that is probably because no one can ever think of one.

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Nice too see who won. I however can't believe Harper Row a new character came second in best dc female hero over people like Batwoman and Captain Marvel

Row came in so high because she was in Batman's top book. It's not Row. It never has been. It's Batman. Sorry... I didn't mean to go Liefeld on you.

Now I feel the need to sketch someone without feet.

#12 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3896 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Lol. He did have a fair rant at Snyder. I understood that would be the reason as well just cant believe it happened though

@The Poet: Yeah I wasn't saying I didn't believe it was the case I just couldn't believe how people voted for it

#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2646 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Hawkeye #1 was average TBH, i'm not a big fan of that art.

Yay, creep was in the top 5 for a few of them.

#14 Posted by time (5812 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there no X-Men comics in it, except Gambit. There also no Hit-girl or Witchblade comics. How come?

#15 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Why is there no X-Men comics in it, except Gambit. There also no Hit-girl or Witchblade comics. How come?

Why? because not enough people voted for those titles. You have to remember that the Best of the Month poll reflects the oppinions of the voters. I can't tell you why the voters in this poll did not suport the above mentioned titles. Maybe they don't read those series (Don't know...have to ask them...). I can only speak myself in saying I don't read those titles.

Of course if you think those titles are the best, then I would invite you to vote in two weeks (the 26th or the last wednesday of the month to the 3rd of October)

#16 Posted by BumpyBoo (11970 posts) - - Show Bio

Wahey!! DO IT WONDER WOMAN!!! :D

#17 Posted by BumpyBoo (11970 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahem...I mean....splendid.