#1 Edited by SOG7dc (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

tell me this isnt a good idea. we all come here for debate, reviews, discussion and suggestion. this is the perfect place to buy comics! just add a "purchase comics" option at the top of the site next to the "forums" tab. this is the perfect place to order comics! and there are so many possibilities! subscriptions, digital comics the list goes on.

what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by MannEffest (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it sounds like a good idea! I wonder if they have thought about it?

#3 Edited by M3th (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like it'll be a lot of work but, I'm game.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#4 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool.

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they did free shipping ;)

#6 Edited by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

A digital storefront to Comixology makes a lot of sense. The logistics are nowhere near as big as they are with selling physical comics, and Comic Vine would take a cut of every comics sold through their storefront without a premium being put on the buyer.

On the other hand, there may be some ethics issues involved if a site that reviews comics then begins to sell them.

#7 Posted by MaccyD (5807 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (48205 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this idea!

#9 Posted by dondave (39949 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

For half off! Even back issues for half off! :p

#11 Posted by Lvenger (23567 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I'm not sure. On paper it sounds good but there could be other impracticalities and difficulties involved with this process. A link or partnership with a digital comics seller might not hurt though.

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (48205 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Eh I'm not sure. On paper it sounds good but there could be other impracticalities and difficulties involved with this process. A link or partnership with a digital comics seller might not hurt though.

Stop being a realist! :D

#13 Posted by Lvenger (23567 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I prefer the term opti-realist. It's a nice mediator between the two without falling into pessimism :P

#14 Posted by KidChipotle (14534 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can't sell books themselves then posting links for particular books would help too. Like say you're reading about a particular story arc and want to read it...say Batman's No Mans Land from the 90's. And you're on the page for that here, it would be cool if there was a section that was like "Want to read it? Buy it here!" and then the link would take you amazon or some site that sells TPB/GNs/anything related.

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (48205 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08 said:

@lvenger said:

I prefer the term opti-realist. It's a nice mediator between the two without falling into pessimism :P

You realists and your different categorizations of your pessimism. *Snickers*

#16 Edited by imperiex96 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it may help a lot of 'debaters' who in real life have never even read a comic. On a side note I never want to buy comics more than when I'm on the vine.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15909 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not an easy job for the CV staff to do that but I like the idea and want that to happen since I'm from Bulgaria and I order my comic books every week and it wouldn't hurt for me to order them from here. :p

#18 Edited by nintendork666 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather support my LCS.

#19 Posted by Smallville2106 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a good idea but a lot of work for the staff

#20 Posted by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people on this thread underestimate the amount of work that goes into running a successful comic book store...and the amount of work that goes into running Comic Vine for that matter.

#21 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people on this thread underestimate the amount of work that goes into running a successful comic book store...and the amount of work that goes into running Comic Vine for that matter.

THANK YOU, exactly.