Comic Vine QUESTS taught me a lot!

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When i first got on this site i was a rookie on comic knowledge. I knew the most popular characters and their main stories. I learned most of my knowledge by the quests and trivia on the old site. I really hope they bring them back in the future. Every day people discover this site and all it is now is a wiki and blogs.... and an awesome news site and great review site lol. No offense to the greatness of the site. But the goal of finishing quests helped me learn about characters. When i first got on this site i didn't know the original avengers members and now i can name most of the members of every superhero team. I didn't post a comment on this site for two years because i was lost in the wiki. This site made me wanna buy comics and learn about characters. Flash was my favorite character and now Gamora is my favorite character. A list character to a C list character. Popularity wise IMO. I would not have known about her if i didn't discover her in a quest. You get what im saying? Just bring them back for the sake of learning awesome characters and awesome stories.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree, it's an easy way for people to learn interesting facts about different characters. Another one is the trivia function.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@veshark said:

I agree, it's an easy way for people to learn interesting facts about different characters. Another one is the trivia function.

Absolutely. Shame they are gone really :(

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bumpyboo said:

@veshark said:

Absolutely. Shame they are gone really :(

Indeed. I really liked coming up with tricky trivia, and then seeing how many people failed miserably xD. My best question was 'Which person is credited to be the first in the DCU to decipher the formula for the Lazarus Pits - a question that a whopping 0% failed to answer.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@veshark:

Hehe, me too, I think my favourite obscure question (of my own) was "Through which eye can Dexter Mungo see into the Ectosphere?" No one knew that either :P

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3

@cfrehse said:

When i first got on this site i was a rookie on comic knowledge. I knew the most popular characters and their main stories. I learned most of my knowledge by the quests and trivia on the old site. I really hope they bring them back in the future. Every day people discover this site and all it is now is a wiki and blogs.... and an awesome news site and great review site lol. No offense to the greatness of the site. But the goal of finishing quests helped me learn about characters. When i first got on this site i didn't know the original avengers members and now i can name most of the members of every superhero team. I didn't post a comment on this site for two years because i was lost in the wiki. This site made me wanna buy comics and learn about characters. Flash was my favorite character and now Gamora is my favorite character. A list character to a C list character. Popularity wise IMO. I would not have known about her if i didn't discover her in a quest. You get what im saying? Just bring them back for the sake of learning awesome characters and awesome stories.

SOOOOOO TRUE