• 76 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (39551 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Stan Lee Cameo in a Marvel Movie (318 votes)

Hot dog seller on the beach (X-Men) 0%
Man who helps a little girl during a Green Goblin battle (Spider-Man) 0%
Man not paying attention to traffic & saved by young Murdock (Daredevil) 3%
Security guard chatting with Lou Ferrigno (Hulk) 2%
Man who saves woman from falling debris during a Doc Ock fight (Spider-Man 2) 1%
Mailman at the Baxter Building (Fantastic Four) 2%
Man who's watering plants and is interrupted by Jean Grey's power (X-Men: The Last Stand) 0%
Man in Times Square who tells Peter Parker, "One man can make a difference. 'Nuff said." (Spider-Man 3) 8%
Not allowed in Reed & Sue's wedding despite being Stan Lee (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer) 8%
"Hugh Hefner" (Iron Man) 10%
Man who drinks soda with gamma radiation in it (The Incredible Hulk) 3%
"Larry King" (Iron Man 2) 1%
Pick-up truck driver who tries to pull mjolnir and is definitely not worthy (Thor) 10%
Military officer who thinks some guy is Cap and says, "I thought he'd be taller" (Captain America: The First Avenger) 2%
Interviewee on the news who doesn't believe superheroes are in New York (Marvel's The Avengers) 5%
High School librarian who's oblivious to Spider-Man vs. Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man) 42%
Judge at a beauty pageant (Iron Man 3) 1%
Man who simply wants his shoe back (Thor: The Dark World) 3%

Stan Lee has certainly earned his place in comic book history. Along with Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, Stan "The Man" Lee co-created some of the most iconic characters to ever appear in the medium. Needless to say, when these characters started making appearances on the big screen, it was only fair to give the writer some love, too. Lee's appeared in cartoons, TV shows, video games and more, but when it comes to his media appearances, his cameos in Marvel movies definitely stand out the most and always give us something to look forward to. These brief appearances in Marvel's films have given us plenty of great laughs over the years, but which one holds the top spot for you? We've put them in one poll and the winner is determined by you. So, what are you waiting for? Cast your vote!

Courtesy Wireimage

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the brief clip that made you love it so much? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

#1 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (9175 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough choice between the Library Scene in Spiderman & The Avengers Interview.

I went with the Avengers interview because Stan Lee not believing in Superheroes will always be funny to me.

#2 Posted by BlazingNova (10921 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many good ones to pick from. But I had to go with his cameo in the Thor film. Just because I feel that's how he would have really acted if Mjolnir if it did land on Earth.

#3 Edited by Alak (994 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the library scene in The Amazing Spider-man. I think it made me laugh more than his other cameos.

#4 Posted by judasnixon (8948 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hugh Hefner" With out a doubt.....

#5 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the amazing Spider-Man fight with lizard was..uh... amazing.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (41099 posts) - - Show Bio

the Amazing Spider-Man one was hilarious

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (28278 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Spiderman 3, he was good in that one. I like incredible hulk too, when he drinks the radiation

#8 Posted by greenlucario (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite not liking the FF movies I loved his cameo in Rise of the Silver Surfer, it was hysterical especially because he even refers to himself as Stan Lee. Spider-Man 3, and Avengers cameos were a close second for me.

#9 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily the liabrary scene, that was hilarious.

#10 Edited by butters911 (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the library scene in ASM. I see that's winning and I agree

#11 Posted by PeppeyHare (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM

#12 Posted by BlueLanternBeast (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to choose Fantastic Four 2, but then I thought his cameo in Spider-Man 2 really meant something about superheroes and Stan Lee is definitely the person who should've said it

#13 Posted by leokearon (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

"Mailman at the Baxter Building" his name is Willie Lumpkin, the only time Stan played a proper Marvel character :C

#14 Posted by Xwraith (27037 posts) - - Show Bio

"Superheroes in New York? Gimme a break!"

#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8346 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say the Incredible Hulk, still love the idea of having a Hulk Stan Lee roaming around :P

#16 Posted by 2cool4fun (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was he not in X-Men 2? Actually i just noticed he was also not in 3 other X-men movies.

#17 Edited by OreoAssassin (7599 posts) - - Show Bio

Library Scene

#18 Posted by Superguy0009e (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 3. Even though the movie itself wasn't that great, Stan's cameo was amazing.

#19 Edited by Rixec (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Lot of great ones, but the ASM library scene is the winner. Stan Lee listening to music, unaware of the epic fight, is downright hilarious!

#20 Edited by IrishX (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man - Library Scene

#21 Posted by Captain13 (4347 posts) - - Show Bio

Willie Lumpkin because he played an actual comic book character.

#22 Posted by NeonPheonix (674 posts) - - Show Bio

He also appeared on the t.v. show Heroes, as a bus driver.

#23 Posted by Lykida (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say Amazing Spider-Man because I laughed so hard. But Incredible Hulk is a close second. :-)

#24 Posted by Mucklefluga (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Nuff said" one for sure.

#25 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-man by far.

#26 Posted by arw1985 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

They're all good ones but I decided to go with the Hugh Hefner reference. It was just funny.

#27 Posted by MasterBelmont (365 posts) - - Show Bio

They're all so good, but I just had to go with the TASM cameo. It was hilarious, and the only "amazing" thing about that movie.

#28 Posted by Onemoreposter (4263 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why but I really like the Incredible Hulk soda one.

#29 Edited by Miss_Garrick (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee in FF#2 gives me fangirl squees EVERY SINGLE TIME!! It is so AWESOME! His cameo in Thor and Captain America are a close second. In captain America I saw him and thought "It's General Lee!" LOLOL.

#30 Posted by KEROGA (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers cameo should have been so much more epic.

#31 Edited by LaserLambert (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Daredevil, because he very nearly died. so close.

#32 Edited by Jeepeh (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Once, just ONCE. I want, in some small way, for them to give context to these random appearances in all of these superhero's lives. And be revealed to be The one-above-all in the Cinematic universe as well as the comics. Like lets say in Avengers 3, when all the avengers are on the ground defeated by Thanos. Stan Lee is seen watching them, and saying, " this isn't how it ends...." and he helps Captain America get up and disappears. Then Captain America goes on to save the day. Wouldn't that be awesome? On-topic though, I can't decide between The Soda drinking in Hulk, and the TASM. I don't recall the Spiderman one, I may need to look for that one. But I would rather pic one where he is being heroic saving someone.

#33 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (987 posts) - - Show Bio

This would have been so hard if I hadn't been playing lego marvel with my young brother for the last few weeks, lets just say they show the result of one of the above ;) and so I choose that and will forever link the scene from that film with the scene from lego marvel... (Sorry for the vagueness I really wouldn't want to spoil anything)

#34 Posted by Pokeysteve (9303 posts) - - Show Bio

The oblivious librarian was.............

AMAZING!

#35 Posted by 14NC3 (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily the liabrary scene, that was hilarious.

#36 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

His cameo in Amazing Spider-Man has to be my favorite.

#37 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

Once, just ONCE. I want, in some small way, for them to give context to these random appearances in all of these superhero's lives. And be revealed to be The one-above-all in the Cinematic universe as well as the comics. Like lets say in Avengers 3, when all the avengers are on the ground defeated by Thanos. Stan Lee is seen watching them, and saying, " this isn't how it ends...." and he helps Captain America get up and disappears. Then Captain America goes on to save the day. Wouldn't that be awesome? On-topic though, I can't decide between The Soda drinking in Hulk, and the TASM. I don't recall the Spiderman one, I may need to look for that one. But I would rather pic one where he is being heroic saving someone.

Something like that would be hilarious, but I could see that working in a cartoon, that actually would have fit perfectly for the Super Hero Squad show.

#38 Posted by staypuffed (207 posts) - - Show Bio

TASM had the best one. Thor, second place.

#39 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who aren't sure where some of the Stan cameos are here you go. The only one it doesn't include is Thor the Dark World.

Loading Video...

#40 Posted by Jeepeh (5184 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: I know you were, but I like most of the general audience would think it's cheesy and funny, no offence, as it wouldnt work in live action.

#42 Edited by Jeepeh (5184 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: Could show up in the bloopers, or deleted/alternate scenes.

#44 Posted by Jeepeh (5184 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved his cameo in Thor, subtle but not too fast. He had lines and a character to play but it wasn't just to show off Stan Lee.

#46 Posted by SoA (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

while all of these were good, the oblivious librarian takes the cake for me

#47 Edited by nigravirum1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to beat the Amazing Spiderman and the Library scene. That was just pure hilariousness! Stan Lee at his best!

#48 Posted by UlquiorraSchiffer (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad I can't vote Mallrats...

#49 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man!

#50 Posted by GrenadeFlow (2029 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and ASM are my favorites, I picked Thor