Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Animated TV Series

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Animated TV Series (440 votes)

Spider-Man (1967) 3%
Spider-Man (1981) 0%
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981) 5%
Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994) 46%
Spider-Man Unlimited (1999) 1%
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2003) 1%
The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) 39%
Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) 5%

Spider-Man is our very first 'Character of the Month' so you can bet our 'Question of the Week' segment will be about him -- for this rest of this month, at least! We've previously asked you about your favorite Spidey villain and your favorite writer, but it's worth noting that Spidey's also had plenty of time to shine in the world of animation. Since 1967, the webhead has been the star of 8 different animated shows. This week, we want to know which one is your favorite. Will nostalgia reign supreme and the 1994 show will take the prize? Do you love the comedic style of Ultimate Spider-Man? Will the onslaught of hilarious memes from the earlier shows win you over (yes, this is a Spider-Man thread)? There's 8 very different options to choose from, so give it some proper thought and then cast your vote!

Thor looks jealous of Peter, doesn't he?

Want to re-watch an episode or two before picking a top series? Well, you've got a bit of time to do just that! Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Or, maybe you don't need the extra time and already have your mind made up. If that's the case, thwip on over to the poll above (sorry, couldn't resist that one), cast your vote and then let us know why a certain series is your favorite. Make the post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in the updated feature later this week.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday for a new article with the results and more!

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

90s Marvel cartoons were my bread and butter, so I've gotta vote that way.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I tried to vote amazing friends but accidentally voted TAS.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: How are you going to watch it? I watched the first two seasons on Amazon Prime, but the others had been taken off, and I think they all are now. This series has not ever had a decent DVD release either and I don't think it's online.

I still think it's the best though, with Spectacular as a close second. It was actually difficult to pick between them. But I don't see how anyone could think Spectacular's theme some compares to that of TAS.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-Man easily. It's easily one of Marvel's best animated shows and didn't have a dull episode. It's too bad it ended with a cliffhanger.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down, The Spectacular Spiderman! Don't get me wrong, I loved the '90s Spiderman cartoon, however, Greg Weisman and Victor Cook did an amazing job with this series. I was never a huge fan of all of Spiderman's villains, but Greg and Victor were able to make me appreciate their versions of Spidey's iconic villains! Also, the story lines were very good and each episode was very well written. I'm so sorry that season three never came into fruition.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm well in the minority here but I didn't like spectacular spider-man. Didn't like the art style and the guy that did the voice of Peter didn't wow me. I'm going with the 1994 animated series. It is truly the superior series. We got some of the greatest spider-man story lines ever from it. The one where spider-man teams up with his different multiverse selves, the introduction of Carnage and Venom. The lizard story line just had a lot of heart to it too.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic said:

The funniest thing about the 90's show, though it was my favorite. I don't believe Spidey threw one punch throughout the entire series.

Just once that I can remember, Spidey vs. the Spot. He punches him in the face through a portal. Almost everything else was a kick or throw.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel sorry for the kids growing up now.. I mean we got a chance to watch some pretty kick ass animated shows during the early to mid 90s

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By laabitres

i liked spider-man unlimited it was a bold new idea for spider-man but my vote goes to the 94 spider-man the first animated spider man i watched

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular or The Animated Series.

I voted for Spectacular but it was really hard for me to decide...

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm torn between the '94 series and Spectacular.

I voted Spectacular but I'm saying both.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grew up with the 90's show and I still ove it to this day, and it was one of the first major shows with continuity, along with Gargoyles. That being said Spectacular is my choice. Loved that show because it took a bit of everything, comics, films, ultimate and blended it all together so well.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty tough to decide between TAS and Spectacular. Both are great. In the end though, I had to vote TAS... if only out of sentiment.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man the animated series (1994)! Dang that was the best. Me and my brother watched it everyday after school.Good times.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TAS was too good of a show at just the right time. You had the X-men, Batman, and Spider-Man what else did you need?!

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular easily

Urliq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's impossible for me not to vote for the 94 series due to nostalgia. Even if there were consistently bad interior monologues from Peter that described exactly what was happening in melodramatic fashion.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I've seen them all and Spectacular is far and away the best version. The stories, the art and even the acting make this the must see Spider-man cartoon.

taconatsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are clearly getting blinded by the nostalgia. SSM all the way!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I've heard Spectacular is really good, but I've never seen it. Of the ones I have seen, Spider-Man The Animated Series gets my vote. I grew up on it, and despite being incredibly corny at times with Peter's mental narration, it's still entertaining and fun.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#71  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mav said:

100X this!

Yeah it was part of my childhood, but much like pretty much everything else back then, it's unbearable to watch now. Most of the older DCAU stuff still holds up, but it's so hard to watch the 90s X-men and Spider-Man cartoons now. Definitely a product of their times.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Spectacular with all my heart, but i have to give this to the 90's series. Sure censoring on the punching didn't make for great action scenes but who cares. This show adapted some of the best Spidey stories of all time. Heck they took the show as far as making Harry into Green Goblin after Norman, and having Peter and Marry Jane get married. The relationship between Spider-Man and the Norman Goblin was great and showed that while the hate each others guts, both care deeply for Harry. This show added a new layer to Eddie Brock which I liked, because comic Eddie never really had a reason to hate Spider-Man. The show also had some awesome team-ups, my personal favorite being the Daredevil one. Honestly the only thing I would ever want to change is the censoring, and that's only because I would have loved them to do the Death of Gwen Stacy, but the Marry Jane substitute was fine. Christopher Daniel Barnes is always the voice I hea in my head when Spidey yells "Mary Jane!".

Speaking of which, apparently starting today the show is going to be on Disney XD.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74  Edited By Pokeysteve

It was between the '90's show and Amazing Friends and I went with TAS. Spectacular is a close 3rd but Iit's going to take something really special to derail those two.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Man that's a tough one. Amazing Friends, I guess.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

THIS IS OUTRAGEAGOUS!!!

How is it possible for Spider-Man TAS to have the lead.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mav said:

100X this!

Yeah it was part of my childhood, but much like pretty much everything else back then, it's unbearable to watch now. Most of the older DCAU stuff still holds up, but it's so hard to watch the 90s X-men and Spider-Man cartoons now. Definitely a product of their times.

QFT

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used think that Spider-Man TAS was untouchable...but then came along Spectacular Spider-Man

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I need images to help me remember which is which! :P

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TimeLordScience

Everyone needs to take off their nostalgia glasses.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grew up on TAS but Spectacular is the best Spider-man adaptation. Better than all 5 movies. Better than all the other shows.

It got Peter Parker and Spider-man at a level nothing else did. Its like reading the Lee/Ditko comics but updated for the modern day.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#82  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

The 4% that voted for ultimate Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

substance104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't even a contest

The 1994 Animated Series wins hands down

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Loading Video...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geonettazombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive got a real soft spot for the old 67 cartoon, its just so corny i love it. i was really torn between that and spectacular. but i voted for '67

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't merely the best, it's the only great one.

Loving treatment of the source material without stagnation, great fluid action sequences, wonderful voice talents, poetic structure, actual character arcs (if you can believe it!), and it very effortlessly introduces a great many of the noteworthy Spidey rogues in two seasons. It also gives a great simplified reason for them to co-exist. Best of all, the series never stooped to dumb itself down for the kids. It had a clear enough tone to be accessible to everyone, but had a complex enough take and patiently crafted arcs (unlike Ultimate) to keep adults interested.

They also managed to make Electro and Sandman very sympathetic villains. They were so often depicted as being fairly two-dimensional in previous cartoon incarnations.

Who doesn't love when the symbiote used a sleeping Peter to trash the Sinister Six? Subtle and menacing. It wasn't in-your-face. He was brutal, and he didn't say a word. They didn't need to have him saying anything in an evil voice; they didn't need to have him breakdancing down the street. Organic, subtle, effective story and character development.

Loading Video...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@punyparker: lol best joke ever. x-men is the best super hero show period hands down. couldnt even get through a full episode of spectacular and art was just horrendous

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker: lol best joke ever. x-men is the best super hero show period hands down. couldnt even get through a full episode of spectacular and art was just horrendous

Character development,dialog,writing,voice acting, AND art style.....it's the best.
X-Men is awesome,no doubt,but we dissagree.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Spider Man TAMS because of my child hood memories, the memorable episodes and one of the best intros to a cartoon ever.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@cmaprice said:

The Spectacular Spider-Man isn't merely the best, it's the only great one.

Loving treatment of the source material without stagnation, great fluid action sequences, wonderful voice talents, poetic structure, actual character arcs (if you can believe it!), and it very effortlessly introduces a great many of the noteworthy Spidey rogues in two seasons. It also gives a great simplified reason for them to co-exist. Best of all, the series never stooped to dumb itself down for the kids. It had a clear enough tone to be accessible to everyone, but had a complex enough take and patiently crafted arcs (unlike Ultimate) to keep adults interested.

They also managed to make Electro and Sandman very sympathetic villains. They were so often depicted as being fairly two-dimensional in previous cartoon incarnations.

Who doesn't love when the symbiote used a sleeping Peter to trash the Sinister Six? Subtle and menacing. It wasn't in-your-face. He was brutal, and he didn't say a word. They didn't need to have him saying anything in an evil voice; they didn't need to have him breakdancing down the street. Organic, subtle, effective story and character development.

Loading Video...

I love you.

stoic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-Man hands down. I cried when the series got cancelled...

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By M1cAL

Honesty, I think Spectacular would've gotten my vote if the series was longer. I feel like 2 seasons of any show is just a tease to what could've been (young justice...RIP). Everything about that show was great, but TAS had like 4, 5 seasons. plus it was my childhood, sooo that kinda raises the bar for everything else. But that Spectacular theme show tho...

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the 90s Spider-Man along with X-Men are some of the best cartoons better IMO yes i even like those show more then the old DCAU with the only arguable exception being Batman TAS. But Spectacular aside from Young Justice is my favorite animated comic book show ever. It is singlehandly without question the best Spider-Man we have ever got ouside the comics. 90s was good for classic beginnning of his exsistance Spider-Man Ramis and Webbs movies are meh neither really do much justice to the character IMO but Spectacular got all the villians right majority of the side cast right (i hated Gwen on that show i really like Webbs Gwen though) and they nailed Peter and Spider-Man. Along with doing the most justice to the symbiote. Gotta give my vote to Spectatcular Spider-Man.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Spectacular Spiderman, Sure , Spiderman TAS 1994 was classic, packing a solid amount of what you loved about Spider-Man, guest starring other marvel superheroes such as Iron Man not to mention it had a way longer run than SSM but Spectacular Spider-Man was near perfect. The Action Scenes, The Humor, The Chemistry between the characters, The references to many iconic Spider-Man scenes and storylines. Even if the show didn't last for long, I will always call it the DEFINITIVE ANIMATED VERSION OF SPIDER-MAN

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man: The Animated Series has an incredible intro:

Loading Video...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Spider-Man: TAS purely because of nostalgia.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#99  Edited By Darling_Luna

MTV one

Neon_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I vote for least favourite Spider-man animated series? Because that would be Ultimate Spider-man.