Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Animated TV Series

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Animated TV Series (440 votes)

Spider-Man (1967) 3%
Spider-Man (1981) 0%
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981) 5%
Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994) 46%
Spider-Man Unlimited (1999) 1%
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2003) 1%
The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) 39%
Ultimate Spider-Man (2012) 5%

Spider-Man is our very first 'Character of the Month' so you can bet our 'Question of the Week' segment will be about him -- for this rest of this month, at least! We've previously asked you about your favorite Spidey villain and your favorite writer, but it's worth noting that Spidey's also had plenty of time to shine in the world of animation. Since 1967, the webhead has been the star of 8 different animated shows. This week, we want to know which one is your favorite. Will nostalgia reign supreme and the 1994 show will take the prize? Do you love the comedic style of Ultimate Spider-Man? Will the onslaught of hilarious memes from the earlier shows win you over (yes, this is a Spider-Man thread)? There's 8 very different options to choose from, so give it some proper thought and then cast your vote!

Thor looks jealous of Peter, doesn't he?

Want to re-watch an episode or two before picking a top series? Well, you've got a bit of time to do just that! Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Or, maybe you don't need the extra time and already have your mind made up. If that's the case, thwip on over to the poll above (sorry, couldn't resist that one), cast your vote and then let us know why a certain series is your favorite. Make the post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in the updated feature later this week.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday for a new article with the results and more!

• 
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The Spectacular Spiderman. That will always be the best Spiderman show.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided

The one true SpiderMan Cartoon.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

The funniest thing about the 90's show, though it was my favorite. I don't believe Spidey threw one punch throughout the entire series.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:
No Caption Provided

The one true SpiderMan Cartoon.

Spider-Man: The Animated Series was dope too.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So it is basicly Spectacular Spider-Man vs 90s Spidey. Though 90s Spidey is the cartoon of my childhood I still voted for the Spectacular Spider-Man because overall it is the better series if you take away the nostalgia haze...

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By LCazT1996

I keep trying to vote but it isn't working. :(

But anywho, I've loved what I've seen of Ultimate and Spectacular, but TAS is my favorite. And it's the only one I've seen all the way through.

@k4tzm4n I tried voting for TAS but it didn't work repeatedly so I just ended up voting for Ultimate..

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Animated series involving a Marvel character.
What are we even talking about.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

Spectacular Spider-Man hands down.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man Unlimited for me.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn i new it spectactular was good wasnt it?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tparks

1994 Animated series by a huge margin for me. That show introduced me to Spider-Man. It had a few nice in continuity cross-overs with the X-Men series that was going on at the same time (which was also excellent). This had the best out of comic adaptation for Eddie Brock as Venom by far, and The Carnage episodes that featured Iron Man and War Machine were all great adaptations of all of the characters. They made Cletus just as insane as he is in the comic, which would be difficult to do because they can't show him killing people. I think Dormamu was even in that episode. This was my first introduction to Blade and Morbius, which were done great too. The only thing I'm not happy about with this series, is the cliff-hanger it ends on after the last season!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Villains on the rise and the city's victimized......honestly, this series was the one that felt truest to the Lee-Ditko run of the 60s for me. Watching it brought back nostalgic memories of reading those Essential trades in the school library as a kid.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 1994 Spider-Man Animated Series holds a very special place in my heart as it was what introduced me to Spider-Man who I am quite close to loving more than life itself but... Spectacular Spider-Man is just... spectacular! And come on, that theme music!

druzod2501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here's a question. better theme song: SM:TAS, or Spectacular???

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)

christianwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my favorite TV spidey show is TAS. it was so awesome

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

The one and only SPider-Man show for me is the Spectacular Spider-Man one.I mean the show had everything I love about Pete and his supporting cast and his villains.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

1994 Animated series by a huge margin for me. That show introduced me to Spider-Man. It had a few nice in continuity cross-overs with the X-Men series that was going on at the same time (which was also excellent). This had the best out of comic adaptation for Eddie Brock as Venom by far, and The Carnage episodes that featured Iron Man and War Machine were all great adaptations of all of the characters. They made Cletus just as insane as he is in the comic, which would be difficult to do because they can't show him killing people. I think Dormamu was even in that episode. This was my first introduction to Blade and Morbius, which were done great too. The only thing I'm not happy about with this series, is the cliff-hanger it ends on after the last season!

^This

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Vein
ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your answer is not The Animated Series or Spectacular Spider-Man, you are voting wrong! :)

Clearly these two shows are the best.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

If your answer is not The Animated Series or Spectacular Spider-Man, you are voting wrong! :)

Clearly these two shows are the best.

They really are the only two that matter. The reason I voted Spectacular though, was because TAS had too much soap opera dialogue, and was melodramatic. Here's a fun drinking game, everything Peter yells, "MARY JAAAAAANE!'' take a shot.

Also, the animation style for Spectacular allowed for more fluid fight scenes, like this masterpiece:

Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Now here's a question. better theme song: SM:TAS, or Spectacular???

"Spectacular,Spectacular Spider-Man
Spectacular,Spectacular Spider-Man "

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RustyRoy

Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By WarDishy_

Oh man oh man, how do I choose between TAS and Spectacular?!

TAS was my childhood just as much B:TAS or Pokemon. It introduced me to just about the entire Marvel universe considering how many character cross-overs there were (Iron Man/War Machine, F4, X-Men, Cap America, Blade, Dr Strange, Punisher, Daredevil, etc.) and cemented Spidey firmly as one of my all-time favourites. And some of those storylines were super awesome.

But Spectacular is really good too, is better paced than TAS (which had comic-book style over-exposition sometimes) and those fight sequences are really well choreographed and animated (as opposed to the old series where Spidey never threw a punch, police had sci-fi lasers and helmets and bad guys either exploded things, threw him into a wall or tried to squeeze him to death lol).

I think it really might come down to which theme song I decide I like more. :/

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kriminal

people watch ultimate? really?

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the 60's Spider-Man!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grew up on the Animated Series so it's my logical choice, but I like Amazing Friends and Ultimate as well

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every one knows 90s is the true winner

lol at unlimated .who picked that

tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen episodes of all of these shows. As a kid I watched Spider-man and his Amazing Friends which introduced the world to Firestar. I was a teenager when Spiderman: The animated series came out. It had many similarities to the comics that were being released at the time just a little more kid friendly. Spider-man Unlimited had a unique story but it didn't last long. The new animated series that came out on MTV never really had much going for it in my opinion. Spectatcular Spider-man was a great show and should have lasted longer. Ultimate Spider-man could be so much more but I will say my kids do enjoy it. I ended up voting for the animated series because it had the longest run, mirrored the comics well, and introduced the most characters from the marvel universe to new people. I don't think that any of the other shows can claim this.

arw1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... this is a challenge. I too grew up watching the series from the 90's. I watched some of that recently and it really hasn't aged well. Spectacular Spider-Man was the best of them. It had good stories, awesome action, and good voice-acting.

I still say the 90's version had the best theme song!

Loading Video...

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular! Spectacular! Spider-Man!

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody who actually likes Ultimate and dared to vote for it deserves to die painfully.

Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spidey TV series and, in my opinion, best comic-book character animated series out there.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Billy Batson

Why are people voting for the wrong show? You know the real answer:

BB

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#36  Edited By TheCannon

Close one between Spider-Man: The Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man, but I voted for TAS. It was the first Spider-Man show I ever watched and introduced me to several characters (Blade, Morbious, Dormamu, Punisher, & Hydro-Man all come to my head immediately). It had an amazing adaption of Venom (and other characters, but Venom was my favorite). It had Christopher Daniel Barnes as Spidey who was just amazing. It also had beautiful animation. My biggest problem with the show was that it ended on a cliffhanger, which was just frustrating. But overall I loved the show. It had some great episodes, great story arcs that took up multiple episodes (Venom Saga, Spidey's mutation, Six Forgotten Warriors, the multiple Spider-Mans teaming up, etc.) had great voice acting, and was a pretty good adaption of the comics (despite some major changes).

Spectacular was also great and had what's probably my favorite theme song of any show ever (it's just so catchy), along with Josh Keaton as Spidey (who while I didn't like as much as Barnes was also great). I probably would like that more had it went on for another few seasons. But it was cancelled too early for me to enjoy it as much as TAS.

So overall I vote for TAS. Remembering the show has also made me want to watch it again, so I guess I know what I'll be doing this week.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang! This is tough. I heavily enjoyed Spectacular and the 90's show. In the end, though, I gotta go with Spectacular. It's a shame it was cancelled too soon :(

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Ive watched a lot of these. 1. Spectacular 2. Spiderman's 90s. then everything else is up and down.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-man is easily the best in my opinion. It would have been hailed like Batman TAS if it wasn't cancelled. I love the 90's Animated Series, but I went back and watched it recently, and it doesn't hold up well. It still has a lot of heart and fantastic characters. I thought it had an amazing series finale, until they reminded us about the "death of Mary Jane," and depressed the heck out of me that it was cancelled. MARY JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE! Both are still good shows, but the just on acting, art, animation, and directing alone, Spectacular Spider-man is better. Although I like the 90's theme song the best!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1994 Spiderman TAS, probably the only one I've watched when I was a kid.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the love for the 60's Spidey? :(

(P.S. who would vote for Ultimate?)

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By averywetfrog

Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994) was my favorite until I watched The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) last month. TAS was a mess compared to Spectacular.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

I grew up watching the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon series, and, along with the X-Men and Batman animated shows of that same era, it's what originally got me interested in comics. The only other shows that I've seen all the through on this list are Spider-Man Unlimited and New Spider-Man Animated Series. The latter was pretty good, but Unlimited paled in comparison to its predecessor. I've only seen clips of Spectacular Spider-Man, which I hear is really good, but just from the clips I've seen, I think it's one I'll like, but I'm not convinced that I'll like it better than the one I grew up with. The rest of the shows I've seen bits and pieces of, and they weren't great (apart from the catchy theme song from the one in the 60s). But I suppose it's really hard to beat my nostalgia of the 1994 series. On top of that, I just remember that show having really compelling season-long story arcs, not to mention an amazing finale. Just as Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, whenever I read a Spider-Man comic, it's Christopher Daniel Barnes' voice I hear as Spidey.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BatteredArmor

Spider blood, Spider blood, Radioactive Spider blood, Spider blood, Spider blood, Radioactive Spider blood *epic guitar solo*

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SmashBrawler
No Caption Provided

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:
Loading Video...

this one.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the love for the 60's Spidey? :(

(P.S. who would vote for Ultimate?)

This...

60's had the best cartoons ever...

I voted Spiderman and his amazing friends as it had a lot of characters in it. It also had a great use of Iceman, whom has a pitiful level of underuse sadly....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nostalgia is indeed reigning supreme for me, which is why I voted 94 series. Loved that show.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers