Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Marvel Studios Movie

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Marvel Studios Movie (342 votes)

Iron Man 11%
The Incredible Hulk 1%
Iron Man 2 1%
Thor 1%
Captain America: The First Avenger 4%
The Avengers 31%
Iron Man 3 2%
Thor: The Dark World 3%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 46%

Marvel Studios made its debut back in 2008 with Iron Man. After the credits rolled, we were hit with one hell of a tease: Nick Fury talking about the Avengers. At this point, many of our brains exploded in sheer joy and we had a crazy amount of fun speculating about Marvel's cinematic future. Well, we're now nine movies in and the Studio has recently unleashed Steve Rogers' sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now that many of us have had the opportunity to see it at least once, we want to know if it's your top Marvel Studios movie... or if another one earns that award. Well, which will it be, Viners? Go get your vote on.

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). That's two full days to pick a favorite and let us know why you think it deserves your praise. That's plenty of time for you to make up your mind, right? Of course it is. Make your post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's results article. It's time to bring your A game, Viners.

Check the homepage on Thursday to see which movie wins and if your post is featured. In the meantime, you're totally welcome to suggest questions for the segment's future below or via Twitter. Now, go vote!

• 
Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I heard Cap: WS was awesome, but I haven't actually seen it. So I'll go with the Avengers.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

winter soldier is better then avengers im a lone commenter here...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lifeofvibe

0_0 i eat my words

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay! Lists!

1. Avengers - Amazing realization of the promise of superhero movies.

2. Winter Soldier - Smart, fast and fun with an indredibly well realized cast of characters.

3. Iron Man - Set the tone for the universe, showed us what superhero flicks could be.

4. Thor: The Dark World - Unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but the level of fun and the quality of that final battle are untouchable.

5. Captain America: The First Avengers - Classic and fantastic.

6. Incredible Hulk

7. Iron Man 3

8. Iron Man 2

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By nickxh

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2. Avengers

3. Incredible Hulk

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

5. Iron Man 3

6. Iron Man

7. Thor

8. Iron Man 2

Thor: The Dark World is the only one I haven't seen out of all the Marvel movies. Hopefully, it will be on Netflix soon and then I'll watch it probably.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Alak
  1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers
  3. Thor 2: The Dark World
  4. Iron Man
  5. Iron Man 3
  6. Thor
  7. Captain America: The First Avenger
  8. Iron Man 2
  9. The Incredible Hulk

That's how I would rank them. What's great is that all of these movies were fun to watch and that I did not dislike any of them. Let's hope GotG follows that trend!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Captain America > Avengers > Iron Man.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The movie had a great balance of plot and action, giving all of the characters a time to shine and allowing the story to breath, while still weaving some epic action scenes into it perfectly. The storyline itself also felt like it mattered, not only giving you an idea of how big of a threat Cap was facing, but even after the threat was defeated you could feel the impact it would have on not only the characters, but the entire Marvel Universe.

spideyKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Captain America:The Winter Soldier

2. The Avengers

3. Ironman

4. Ironman 3

5. Thor

6. Thor:The Dark World

7.Captain America: The First Avenger

8. Ironman 2

9. The Incredible Hulk

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Jayso4201

I voted Avengers, but to be fair I'm behind and have not yet seen Thor 2 or Cap 2.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers for me. I'm sure I'll love Winter Soldier, loved the story in the comics, movie looks perfect but I won't get to see that for a few weeks :( too busy with school. So that leaves Avengers edging out Thor 2 and Iron Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a very tough decision. Up until recently, Avengers would've taken my vote hands down. But after seeing Cap 2... I had to go with that. Cap is my favorite Avenger and his movie was so perfect. I think as a film overall, it wins.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Captain America TWS

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

CA:TFA, though I haven't seen Winter Soldier or all of Thor 2. These movies are really overrated IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

CATWS

Iron Man

Avengers

CATFA

Hulk

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By JakeN7

Winter (Soldier) is coming...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avengers > Cap 2 > Cap > everything else.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Winter Soldier easily. That's all of Marvel's sequel movies should be

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I have to go with Captain America TWS.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Incredible Hulk deserves a little more love. Having the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man come out in the same summer was phenomenal.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#71  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Now, Avengers was really cool, and used to be my favorite Marvel movie. It was what it set out to be: a fun, energetic comic book movie bringing together Marvel's heavy-hitting superhero team. Next to Avengers Iron Man 1 or Captain America 1 would either be my favorites. Both have depth and great insight into their leading characters beyond an "accident" or something similar. I want to like the Hulk movies, but, until Mark Ruffalo they hadn't nailed a good Banner and lets be honest, without a good Bruce Banner you cannot have a good Hulk movie.

Despite all this, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the clear favorite. I am not a fan of Cap through the comics, admittedly. Sounds surprising, me being who I am, but it's true. This film is just that: a film. It's not a "comic book movie". It is in fact a film that happens to star comic book characters. Cap's doubts about the service he's doing, the words spoken by Sam Wilson in his veteran's support group, they are very poignant and intentional or not actually reflect more than they might have intended the real thoughts and feelings of veterans and those who serve to actually protect people and make the world better. They humanize these characters. Black Widow is no longer just the pretty face. She has a reason for being the way she is, and she has her own issues. Sam helps Steve overcome his doubts about his service. Sam steps back into a role he didn't want anymore for the greater good. It has plenty of action, but also espionage and some pretty thrilling moments. The Winter Soldier is a believable antithesis to Cap, and represents everything Cap fears he may turn into by continuing to follow orders.

It may sound like I'm trying to hype it and I'm sure there will be those who have issues with it. Is it a perfect film? No, of course not. Frankly there is no such thing. But as far as comic book movies go, it's better than one would expect of the genre. I've seen it once already, and plan on seeing it again. Hell, the movie has made me think I perhaps didn't appreciate Cap's books as a kid, and I'm intrigued to go back and see what I've missed.

Overall I'd rank mine:

1. Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers
  3. Iron Man 1/Captain America: TFA
PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Gracetrack

I've gotta say... Iron Man is still the best. But, Winter Soldier is now a very close second.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap2, hands down.

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LightPsyche

This is my opinion:

1. The Avengers (nostalgic; has much replay value for me; the wait for this movie's launch was hard to bear) 5 Stars(*Ruffalo's Banner was simply a joy to watch)
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (so dramatic; strong canonical addition to the MCU) 5 Stars(*Incredibly strong plot)
  3. Iron Man (nostalgic; the kick start to the MCU; well-written, strong origin story) 5 Stars(*Has so much "cool factor") [Second and Third will probably switch by next year, for me.]
  4. Thor (a great movie; beautiful at times) 4 Stars
  5. Iron Man 3 (I can look past the Mandarin twist because this film is action-packed goodness) 3 Stars
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger (A little flimsy/corny at times, but it is everything that you can expect from a superhero film; decent film) 3 Stars
  7. Thor: The Dark World (Underdevelopment in a few characters and falls short of its prequel's expectations; regardless, it is very fun) 3 Stars
  8. Iron Man 2 (The lack of Tony Stark's genius charm hampers this film, along with bland characterization; a questionable addition to the MCU) 2.5 Stars
  9. The Incredible Hulk (The limited action in this film does not save it from judgment; a drag to watch and a weak addition to the MCU) 2 Stars
Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jean199999

Probably Iron Man (I've seen it 5 times in cinemas, my personal record)

Winter soldier comes in 2nd (seen it twice already).

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@saren said:

Iron Man is far and away the best.

Well said.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Avengers 2.Cap: Winter Soldier 3.Ironman 4.Thor Dark World 5.Hulk 6.Ironman3 7.Cap: first avenger 8.Thor 9.Ironman2

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By Bierschneeman
  1. Captain America Winter Soldier
  2. Captain America First Aveneger
  3. Iron Man
  4. Thor 2
  5. Incredible Hulk
  6. Thor
  7. Iron Man 2
  8. Iron Man 3
  9. Avengers: the plotless wonder.
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Veshark

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers
  3. Thor
  4. Iron Man
  5. Captain America: First Avenger
  6. Incredible Hulk
  7. Thor: Dark World
  8. Iron Man 2
  9. Iron Man 3

You put Thor at Number 3? Before Iron Man and TFA? Thor?! THOOOORRR???

No Caption Provided

On a related note...glad to see TWS getting so much love, though it may just be the new-movie-buzz.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah! CATWS was good.. maybe even best in solo... but really, better than the avengers??? Avengers got everyone shrieking like little girls!
This feels like such band wagon.

Should have waited a little while for the Winter Soldier hype to die down before polling everyone.

@judasnixon:

The Dark Knight was a movie with Batman in it.

I've been saying that for YEARS!!!!

Amen

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Woah! CATWS was good.. maybe even best in solo... but really, better than the avengers??? Avengers got everyone shrieking like little girls!

This feels like such band wagon.

@pokeysteve said:

Should have waited a little while for the Winter Soldier hype to die down before polling everyone.

@judasnixon:

The Dark Knight was a movie with Batman in it.

I've been saying that for YEARS!!!!

Amen

Avengers was ground breaking no doubt but it was too neat. Too easy. Close the portal and all the stranded aliens die. Banner suddenly has total control over Hulk (which was inconsistent with TIH ending). Stuff like that. Winter Soldier had superior action and an overall better story. I thought Cap, Widow and Falcon made a good team. I knew it would be good but it surprised me while Avengers was exactly what I expected.

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor (Yes, I loved that movie. A LOT)

Captain America - The Winter Soldier

The Avengers

Iron Man

Thor - The dark World

Captain America - The first Avenger

Iron Man 2

The incredible Hulk

Iron Man 3

NeilR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NeilR

Nothing beats the thrill of seeing all of the Avengers together and the movie was great, but for me Cap 2 is the best one so far.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to vote Iron Man 2 for shits a giggles but....

Nah. Avengers.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Winter soldier gets such marks from me because out of the Avengers, I like Cap the best, Winter Soldier had a great story without the unneeded comedy that has been dragging the others down, it had the best fights of the MCU hands down and because it was emotionally engaging. Are some riding on new toy hype? Maybe. Am I? Nope. In my old age I generally know what I like.

Thor gets such a high place because I really felt the emotion between Thor and Loki. Loki wasn't bad for bad guys sake and I felt where he was coming from. Sure I had to deal with mortal Thor "leveling up" back to godhood.....er...back to superalienhood, but I enjoyed it. I get to see one of my favorite top tier powerhouses decimate the Frost Giants, destroy the Destroyer, and his final battle with Loki is one of the better battles of the MCU.

And concerning final fights? They often make or break a movie's position for me. Hulk lost a few points because of a lame unbreakable chain. Iron Man 1 lost a few because the "Ice problem" would have been a cool way to end it, but no we need to drag it back to the arc reactor and Paltrow can save the day.

@granitesoldier If you do want to read up on Cap, Veshark, myself or a number of others can point you toward the gems.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I'm happy to see someone else whom liked Thor as much as I did. Underrated IMO.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Indeed. It's one of the hidden gems of the MCU.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 the_stegman  Moderator

@lyrafay said:

@saren said:

Iron Man is far and away the best.

Well said.

It really is.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#91  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I'm surprised so many people rate the garbage that is Thor 2 so highly. The first one was significantly better.

Not that surprised that TWS is winning though, given it just came out. Poll would probably be different if not.

Though (even though I hate the term) I think Avengers is overrated to be honest and find more than a few of a the solo films better. The first Cap in my opinion also tends to be unappreciated (though again, poll kind-of says otherwise - maybe its just a CB-nerd thing) - especially with TWS giving more context. Though looks like they're getting some love in the poll, so not sure if I can say that anymore heh.

Anyways...I voted for TWS (bout to go see it again in fact) but after sitting on things Iron Man 1 might win back for me. I think people underrate the amount of heart, in that film, both fictionally and real life. The story was incredible - though 6 years later TWS has it beat on action not surprisingly. And RDJ basically revived his career thanks to that movie.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not seen TWS yet..(soon, very soon.) As of now, my vote is Iron Man. (Except I won't vote until after I see TWS) My biggest disappointment with the Marvel films has been how much of a drop-off there was between Iron Man and the sequels. All in all though, they've done a good job, with most of the movies being at least entertaining.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Dstick88

i see winter soldier winning because it is freshest in everyone mind

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rogueshadow  Moderator

What I was about to put.

I vote Iron Man.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deathstroke19

Iron Man.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Experio

The Winter Soldier

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't take this the wrong way, but of course people are going to vote for Winter Soldier. The hype train is still in full force for that film.

It is a fantastic movie, but it probably wouldn't have hurt to wait a few months before asking the question. Give the hype a chance to die down a bit.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

1. Avengers

2. Iron Man

3. Iron Man 3

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

5. Thor: The Dark World