• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (39325 posts) 11 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Marvel Studios Movie (341 votes)

Iron Man 11%
The Incredible Hulk 1%
Iron Man 2 1%
Thor 1%
Captain America: The First Avenger 4%
The Avengers 30%
Iron Man 3 2%
Thor: The Dark World 3%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 46%

Marvel Studios made its debut back in 2008 with Iron Man. After the credits rolled, we were hit with one hell of a tease: Nick Fury talking about the Avengers. At this point, many of our brains exploded in sheer joy and we had a crazy amount of fun speculating about Marvel's cinematic future. Well, we're now nine movies in and the Studio has recently unleashed Steve Rogers' sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now that many of us have had the opportunity to see it at least once, we want to know if it's your top Marvel Studios movie... or if another one earns that award. Well, which will it be, Viners? Go get your vote on.

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). That's two full days to pick a favorite and let us know why you think it deserves your praise. That's plenty of time for you to make up your mind, right? Of course it is. Make your post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's results article. It's time to bring your A game, Viners.

Check the homepage on Thursday to see which movie wins and if your post is featured. In the meantime, you're totally welcome to suggest questions for the segment's future below or via Twitter. Now, go vote!

#1 Edited by Wolverine08 (47644 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, IM3 by FAAAAAR.

Jk. I voted Avengers.

#3 Posted by Saren (26376 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man is far and away the best.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen CA:TWS yet. But out of the others invited The Avengers.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38923 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier easy

#6 Posted by The_Tree (8396 posts) - - Show Bio

The Winter Soldier for me. The humor was on point, I loved the characters, the action was well done, and I found the story pretty engaging. Most importantly, it's a movie I can see myself constantly rewatching.

Iron Man's a pretty close second for me though.

#7 Posted by Xwraith (24508 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect a lot of votes for Winter Soldier.

For me, it's a toss up between that, Avengers, and the first Captain America.

#8 Edited by NukeA6 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Avengers but Winter Soldier is very close. The latter movie should take the credit though since Loki was shown as weak while Bucky was able to give Captain America an even fight.

#9 Posted by ClawFist (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this one really felt like a tie between Avengers and The Winter Soldier. I chose Avengers though because it really gave me everything I wanted in a Super Team movie, something we haven't really seen on such a scale. It feels unfair to compare Avengers to anything else other than the coming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, cause they're Team based movies. As far as single super hero movies go, The Winter Soldier really took my expectations and blew them away with awesome sauce lol.

#10 Edited by RustyRoy (14858 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. The Incredible Hulk
  4. The Avengers
  5. Thor
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger
  7. Iron Man 3
  8. Iron Man 2
  9. Thor: The Dark World
#11 Posted by Cap10nate (3151 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  2. Iron Man 1
  3. Avengers
  4. Captain America: First Avengers
  5. Thor 1
  6. Incredible Hulk
  7. Iron Man 2
  8. Thor 2
  9. Iron Man 3
#12 Edited by bladewolf (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hulk and Iron Man 2 get even one vote each, I'll be surprised.

#13 Posted by Wilbertus (399 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put The Avengers first for sure. I mean, it has all of the other characters in one and the same movie! Of course, it is still a matter of story and how those characters interact with each other in the movie, but I think they got that down extremely well.

I did enjoy all of the Iron Man movies, even 3, but I feel Stark's character works better when he has the rest of the Avengers to bounce off. Thor was better than I expected but not that incredible, same for Hulk. I did not like the first Captain America at all and I sadly have to admit I have yet to see The Winter Soldier. Oh well, The Winter Soldier will probably win anyways.

#14 Posted by RisingBean (5418 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers
  3. Thor
  4. Iron Man
  5. Captain America: First Avenger
  6. Incredible Hulk
  7. Thor: Dark World
  8. Iron Man 2
  9. Iron Man 3

#15 Edited by judasnixon (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought The Winter Soldier was a better "Comic Book Movie" than The Dark Knight.... The Dark Knight was a movie with Batman in it. The Winter Soldier brought the world of Captain American and made a film that worked.....

#16 Edited by Jphu8414 (4040 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a little bit of unpopular opinion but my favorite was Iron Man 1, better than even The Avengers or Captain America TWS

1. Iron Man 1

2. Captain America: TWS

3. The Avengers

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

5. Thor

6. Iron Man 2

7. Incredible Hulk

8. Thor 2

9. Iron Man 3

#17 Posted by CheeseSticks (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Cap in comics, but WS was the best i've seen.

#18 Edited by The_Comebacks (281 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Winter Soldier 2. Avengers 3. Iron Man 4. Thor the Dark World 5. Cap 1

(the rest I haven't seen in a while-unsure how they'd rank) but Iron Man 3 would be last.

#19 Edited by MannEffest (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

I love The Avengers, to me it's the perfect comic book movie... however Winter Solider is close, nibbling on it's heels.

1. Avengers

2. Captain America: The Winter Solider

3. Captain America: The First Avenger

4. Iron Man

5. Thor

6. Thor: The Dark World

7. Iron Man 2

8. Incredible Hulk

9. Iron Man 3

#20 Posted by copete (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Toss up between Thor 1 and The Winter Soldier

#21 Posted by tensor (5904 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.Winter Solider did not do it for me.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (28053 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to rank them in order:

1. Iron Man

2. Winter Soldier

3. Avengers

4. Thor

5. Incredible Hulk

6. Cap: First Avenger

7. Iron Man 2

8. Thor: The Dark World

9. Iron Man 3

#23 Edited by Captain13 (4292 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I really liked the tone, character moments, and politics)

2. The Avengers (Obviously groundbreaking, but too cartoony at times)

3. Iron Man (I really liked the tone and dialogue)

4. The Incredible Hulk (I really like the tone and character moements)

5. Iron Man 3 ( loved the tone in the 1st half, and liked how fun it was)

6. Thor (The scenery and design were amazing. I wanted to be on Asgard for the entire thing. Great character moments

7. Captain America: The First Avenger (A heartwarming underdog story; I want to see the montage portion turned into a TV show like Band of Brothers.)

--

8. Thor: The Dark World (Too goofy and not enough substance)

9. Iron Man 2 (Poor pacing, poor adlib, forces the Avengers set-up too hard, pretty boring at times)

#24 Posted by bob808 (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

#25 Posted by LiveForever (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazingly, they topped Avengers for me with Winter Soldier. Extra points for a credible villain, which Avengers kiiiinda lacked. That's on the Chitauri more than Loki.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (23087 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers was an exceptionally groundbreaking and amazingly well put together film even with its flaws. So that edges it out for me over The Winter Soldier just about.

#27 Posted by I3IO_HAZARD (409 posts) - - Show Bio

The winter solider is honestly the only movie that really impressed me, the rest were just okay

The avengers is a grossly overrated family flick-no real substance at all, the iron man movies each got worse and worse as they went along, thor 1 and 2 were average, incredible hulk is the definition of meh

#28 Posted by AmazingWebHead (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sure as hell not Iron Man 3, I can tell you that.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier has to take it for me man, seriously. I loved Avengers and it pulled off what could never be done before, tossing in all those characters and appropriately respecting each one of them. But Cap 2 just pushed the boundaries for me man, it was an entirely different beast and for good reason.

#30 Posted by Mutant God (3186 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America The First Avenger

#31 Edited by RustyRoy (14858 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy Yoyo, what's good dude!? And thank you!

#33 Posted by Doctor_Malekith (59 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2. Iron Man

3. The Avengers

4. Thor: The Dark World

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. Thor

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Iron Man 2

9. Iron Man 3

#34 Posted by Mr_Colossus (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting this set of movies into a particular order is hard enough and then trying to nail down a favorite seems near impossible. I think that each movie has something for me in it and they each have something that makes them favorite worthy (for me and yes all of them). I think for my my best order is:

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider - ( I just saw it as a complete movie that kept me interested from start to finish )
  2. The Avengers - ( An epic movie and one of the best overall, but just barely falls to Winter Solider )
  3. Iron Man - ( The entry point into the MCU and a major feat, not to mention it was a greatly made movie )
  4. Iron Man 3 - ( Even with the twist that so many hate, it worked for me, It was a massive movie and majorly fun to watch )
  5. Thor: The Dark World - ( I really liked the direction they had with this movie, a little lacluster in some areas but still good )
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger ( I think this was one of the more solid movie in Phase 1, but thought it developed a little slow in some areas for me )
  7. Iron Man 2 - ( I rather enjoyed this installment, even if most people didn't, I thought it had some cool components )
  8. Incredible Hulk - ( A much better movie than it's predecessor (Hulk) and a good switch to a better actor, but just wish it lined up more with the Avengers, Rufalow was awesome )
  9. Thor - ( I hate that Thor rounded out the pack, but there was just something it lacked for me, I think it was its choppy development, but I still enjoy the movie, It just didn't have enough to beat out some of the other movies )

I really enjoy all of these movie for what they have to offer and watch them all again from time to time. Yes, they all have some flaws, some more than others, but with each of them I am always entertained and have a fun time watching them.

#35 Posted by patrat18 (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Iron Man is far and away the best.

#36 Posted by kennybaese (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

For my money, the only movies on the list that are great without caveat are Iron Man, Cap 2, and Avengers. I like all of them quite a bit with the exception of the Thor movies, but Iron Man, Cap 2, and Avengers are kind of the only ones not plagued by plot holes and clunky story stuff. Iron Man the first for me wins out because it is so good. It didn't have delusions of grandeur, it worked exceptionally well as a standalone movie and served as a very strong foundation that the rest of the MCU is built on. It set the tone for the next of the Marvel movies, a tone that has served Marvel very very well. Plus, that Robert Downey Jr.

#37 Edited by TheBlackHood (470 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Captain America - Winter Soldier

2) Iron Man 1

3) Iron Man 3

4) Incredible Hulk

5) Captain America

6) Iron Man 2

7) Avengers - Really poor use of Loki and overall crappy plot.

8) Thor - YAWN

9) Thor 2 - Did not see it because I hated the first one.

I really found Avengers to be an entirely forgettable movie. You can literally pull Loki out of the movie and insert any other villain and it would make zero difference. Only saw the film one time and it reminded me of cotton candy, all fluff and no substance; kind of like the SHIELD TV show.

#38 Posted by Night Thrasher (3797 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I was torn deciding between Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers. I ultimately decided on Avengers but Cap 2 was awesome! But honestly I don't think any movie on this list is a waste!

#39 Posted by fil123 (677 posts) - - Show Bio

1. CA: TWS 2. Iron man 3. Avengers 4. the rest are garbage

#40 Posted by Jphu8414 (4040 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! I'm not the only one who liked Iron Man 1 the most!

I freaking loved that movie

#41 Posted by moreau18 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (awesome)

2) The Avengers (loved it)

3) Captain America: The First Avenger (loved it)

4) Iron Man (liked it)

5) The Incredible Hulk (better than Iron Man sequels and Thor+2)

6) Thor (to be honest I don't even like it that much, I still liked it more than Iron Man 2/3, Dark world though)

7) Iron Man 2 (i don't even know, don't even remember it really,but still whatever)

8) Iron Man 3 (Sucked and yet I liked it more than I liked Dark world)

9) Thor: The Dark World (God this movie.....boooooring)

#42 Posted by GraniteSoldier (10480 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by MasterBelmont (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers for me. Now to rank:

1. Avengers

2. Cap 2

3. Tie: Iron Man 1 and Cap 1

4. Thor 2

5. Thor

The other three can be put in any order as 6-8 because I don't care for the Iron Man sequels and I don't remember Incredible Hulk (since I only watched it once in 2008). Also, wasn't expecting Cap 2 to be winning. Makes sense, though.

#45 Edited by viin (842 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2-Ironman 2

3-Ironman

Because I disliked Avengers.

#46 Posted by spartan177 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier.

#47 Posted by DCWarFan73 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Captain America: First Avenger

2. The Avengers

2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

4. Iron Man

5. Thor

6. Iron Man 2

7. Iron Man 3

Have not seen the Hulk or the most recent Thor sequel

#48 Posted by colliderz (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

1) CA WW

2) Avengers

3) Iron Man 2

#49 Posted by TheCannon (20048 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen Winter Soldier yet. Out of the others, it's either Avengers, Thor, or Iron Man for. I voted Avengers.

#50 Posted by Pokeysteve (8993 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have waited a little while for the Winter Soldier hype to die down before polling everyone.

@judasnixon:

The Dark Knight was a movie with Batman in it.

I've been saying that for YEARS!!!!