This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm an hour late... Don't kill me guys!

Last week, PowerHerc took the cake that is the community star, and he actually noticed the award! It's a new week and time for a new winner. Check out the NEW RULES (kinda)!

In fact, maybe I do have something to say. Let's raise the bar this week. Sure, we have the rules down there and all, and still check those out and follow them, but I want to see who is truly paying attention. Here's the format I'd like to see the votes in this week... In numbered order. I'm keeping this going only because I find it funny when people just vote and don't pay attention to the rules.

1. Users name and a link to their page.

2. How long have they been on the vine, according to their page. (Yes, I'm aware of the date joined glitch)

3. Most recent contribution to the vine.

4. Why they'd make a great community star.

5. A link to your favorite thing they've done on the vine.

6. Any other links you'd like me to look at.

Voting will begin now, Monday, February 20th and will end at 12:00 p.m. Central Time on Thursday, February 23th.

Community Star Voting Rules:

1. You are allowed to nominate two people max. You can nominate yourself if you want. It can be anyone on Comic Vine. While Zoidberg is a correct response, he is not a member of the vine... cue random user making a Zoidberg user profile...
  2. LINKS! Please post links to what the viner has done. Think like you do in the battle threads. You can't just say "GMan Curbstomps" and expect GMan to win, so give us a reason why the Viner you are voting for "curbstomps," and a link to that reason.Nominations WITHOUT LINKS, or a good reason why you don't need a link WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
  3. All nominees will be considered; however, the winner is not decided only by the number of votes alone. The winner is also decided by the content the nominee has contributed to the site. This isn't just a popularity contest. Having the most votes does not guarantee a win.
  4. I WILL haunt you for the rest of eternity by singing you "Kiss from a Rose" if you don't have fun! FEAR ME!
  5. The winner will then be interviewed by me on Thursday, and said interview, which will contain mild levels of ridiculousness, will be a part of the Community Star Article! I WILL GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! PERSONAL INTERVIEWS!

Don't vote for these people. They already won.

Aiden Cross

Amegashita

Aztek the lost

Billy Batson

Blue_Shield

Blurred View

Caligula

ComicMan24

Cosmo111687

Dark Huntress

Darkchild

Decept-O

Etragedy

FadeToBlackBolt

Fesak

Gambler

Haydenclaireheroes

Icarusflies

InnerVenom123

IrishX

Jloneblackheart

Jordama

Jrh7925

K4tzm4n

Killer Z

Liberty

MS Feather

MTHarman

Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow

Morpheus

MrUnknown/A_O_N_

Nick-(SV)ril

Pikahyper

Pixelized

PowerHerc

Primmaster64.

Psyentist

Razzatazz

Red L.A.M.P.

Rogue_Mar1e

SC

Sha

Shatterstar

Silkcuts

Sora_thekey

Static Shock

Superkitty

TUROKSONOFSTONE

TerryMcC

Thanosrules

The Poet

Thehummingbird

Tonis

TypingKira

Vance Astro

Xerox-kitty

IT HAS TO BE IN THE FORMAT LISTED ABOVE OR I WILL NOT LOOK AT YOUR VOTE. I just really want to see who's paying attention.

Staff
#2 Posted by Renchamp (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

By the looks of it, nobody noticed this went up an hour late. Bullet dodged.

1. Fhiz

2. May 6, 2010 means this homeboy is coming close to two years.

3. A submission for the New 52.

4. This kid is usually the first to upload the new comics every Wednesday, allowing the slowpokes (like myself) to have ready access to them upon waking up.

5. His review on Batwing #1. I don't read DC, but it's reviews like this that make me think I should start.

6. It looks like most of Fhiz's forum posts deal with cleaning up the editing portion of the wiki, as he primarily works on issues it seems he also constantly tries to ensure the right information is displayed. Stand up work from a stand up guy. He's also hanging out around 93,700 points. In the words of Kip Dynamite: "Jeeeez."

#3 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#4 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Users name and a link to their page.

geraldthesloth

2. How long have they been on the vine, according to their page. (Yes, I'm aware of the date joined glitch)

Since Sept. 3, 2008

3. Most recent contribution to the vine.

Megaman ZX - #1 (issue)Overview1 year, 4 months ago

None

Approved

4. Why they'd make a great community star.

I think geraldthesloth is a pretty cool guy. Eh reads comics and doesn't afraid of anything.

5. A link to your favorite thing they've done on the vine.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/geraldthesloth/forums/

6. Any other links you'd like me to look at.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renchamp

1. Fhiz

4. This kid is usually the first to upload the new comics every Wednesday, allowing the slowpokes (like myself) to have ready access to them upon waking up.

5. His review on Batwing #1. I don't read DC, but it's reviews like this that make me think I should start.

6. It looks like most of Fhiz's forum posts deal with cleaning up the editing portion of the wiki, as he primarily works on issues it seems he also constantly tries to ensure the right information is displayed. Stand up work from a stand up guy. He's also hanging out around 93,700 points. In the words of Kip Dynamite: "Jeeeez."

I second this
#6 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renchamp said:

1. Fhiz

definitely Fhiz.

#7 Edited by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

1. CitizenBane

2. He joined on July 13th, 2011.

3. His pull list. It's quite impressive. Also, this thread.

4. Baney has become a pillar of the community and highly respected user here on the Vine in under a year's time. He's amassed 11,637 total Wiki points by editing 142 different pages. His blog posts are always fantastic reads, and this is by his best. His meticulous, well-written reviews are always highly informative and objective, never attempting to pass off personal opinions as unequivocal fact.

5. This thread is probably one of CitizenBane's more standout moments that solidified his status as an instant legend in the debating category.

6. Another thread where Bane showcases his debating prowess.

#8 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Renchamp

1. Fhiz

I second this

I fourth this nomination!

#9 Posted by RazzaTazz (9641 posts) - - Show Bio

1.  Renchamp 
2.  DEC 11, 2010  
3.  Edit on New Mutants #95 
4.  One those Viners that flies below the radar who no one notices the contributions of.  He has been on a steady climb through the wiki though with about 40k points in two months.  He blogs a fair bit as well.   
5.  Put 3k of wiki point work into Deceased Characters even though some wiki abuser has a ridiculous lead on the page.   

1. Chalkshark 
2. Jan 10, 2010, though much more active recently. 
3.  Drew this picture for one of my fan fics 
4.  Another guy flying below the radar, works hard on the wiki (16 k points in about two months) and is involved with the artist group as well.   
5.  While its a little self serving, I have never seen someone put so much work into someone else's list as he did for mine on fictional DC planets.  He added at least 40 in the comments section and after noticing most weren't in the wiki he added them as well.   
6.  I think he could be an excellent stand in for Marlon Brando's Jor-El 

In short, while I think it is great that forum posters get the recognition, maybe it is turn for some of the hard workers behind the scenes.  
#10 Posted by Fhiz (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, I feel loved. Haha.

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

1. CitizenBane

2. He joined on July 13th, 2011.

3. His pull list. It's quite impressive. Also, this thread.

4. Baney has become a pillar of the community and highly respected user here on the Vine in under a year's time. He's amassed 11,637 total Wiki points by editing 142 different pages. His blog posts are always fantastic reads, and this is by his best. His meticulous, well-written reviews are always highly informative and objective, never attempting to pass off personal opinions as unequivocal fact.

5. This thread is probably one of CitizenBane's more standout moments that solidified his status as an instant legend in the debating category.

6. Another thread where Bane showcases his debating prowess.

seconded

#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Man of Yesteryear: LOL!