Hello, my friends! Welcome to another amazing edition of Comic Vine Community Star! Each week, we take a fabulous member of the community and award them with this prestigious prize. We take a look at everything they've accomplished here, and we put it on display for everyone to see, and this week, we have a very controversial winner... me.
Frankly, there's nothing more ridiculous than me winning my own award. However, numerous people, over the past few months, have mentioned they want to see me win the award, and by numerous, I mean like seven. Nevertheless, here we are and it's time to inflate my ego by talking about myself, which I seem to be pretty good at.
Since IE's time here, he has gained almost 20,000 wiki points, with most of his points coming from the Doctor page, even though there was a glitch and technically, only 2,000 are his. Aside from that, he has almost 500 points for the Comics Code Authority page, 300 on Women in Refrigerators, and almost 100 points on the Mat Elfring page. Must be tough to write about yourself, am I right?
The main thing IE has done on this site is reviews. That's where he started, and that's where his will instructs him to be buried. Prior to June 15th, 2011 (before Staff reviews were pushed into a different section of the site), IE had written 324 reviews. Since then, he's done another 133 reviews. He's not a top reviewer on the site, but he thinks he is in the back of his head.
However, this is what you were all waiting for, for those of you who voted for IE AKA me... I sat down with Inferiorego in his lush Chicago suburbs mansion where we basked in the glory of his Mountain Dew swimming pool for an interview like none other.
Hello Inferiorego, how are you doing today?
- Please! My father was inferiorego. Call me IE.
Sounds great, IE. How did you find out about Comic Vine?
- I joined in May of 2007 after G-Man came into my comic shop and told me to check out his site. My boss and I spent about 45 minutes looking up obscure characters, to see how well they were filled out. I joined the site that day. I started blogging, then writing editorials, and then in August of 2009, I was made into a member of the staff.
Well... You answered that question, and then some. What was the first comic you ever read?
- It was actually a comic thrown into the Chicago Tribune called "Special Edition: Spider-Man and Hulk." My aunt gave it to me. I still have it buried in my back issue somewhere. I took a long break, during high school, and when I came back into comics, during college around 2001, I picked up Funk-O-Tron's Battle Pope. This book was what started my infatuation with Robert Kirkman's writing.
What is your favorite series of all time?
- Without a doubt, it's Y: The Last Man. Prior to that book, I had never read a non-superhero/costumed character title, and I fell in love with it from the first issue. That book opened my eyes to Vertigo Comics as well as more Indy books letting me know that comics just don't have to be about super-powered beings.
Who is your favorite super-hero?
- I'm a big fan of Golden Age characters. I love the old Justice Society and Captain America and Bucky.
You didn't really answer that question...
- I didn't? Um.... We'll just go with Captain America then.
You can't avoid the questions or the truth! What do you like most about working for Comic Vine?
- Tony and Sara have been very cool and we're very welcoming the first time I flew out to San Diego for Comic Con. I had met Tony numerous times before, and that year, I met Sara for the first time at C2E2's first show. They've been a blast to hang out and work with, and I couldn't imagine cooler people to talk about comics with, unless they both looked like Galactus... That would be cooler.
Favorite memory from your escapades at San Diego?
- Last year, I hung out with user Bruce Vain and my partner-in-crime Tom Pinchuk. We went bar hopping around San Diego, but Tom went back to the hotel early, so Bruce and I met up with all his friends, who are all cosplayers. I was dressed normally, and I've never felt so out of place in my life. It was awesome. I love meeting and hanging out with people from the site. It's cool to see the faces behind the names or the freakishly gigantic muscles in Bruce Vain's case.
What's your favorite movie?
- Duh... Demolition Man followed by the Back to the Future series!
REALLY?! No one ever gets the references I make to those films in the Community Star!
- Wow. I thought everyone had seen those movies!
I know! Right?
Quick: You're on a plane and it's going down. You have 5 minutes left to live. What do you do?
- I'd turn to the man hijacking the plane and be all like "Get off my plane!"
There's no hijacker... It's a malfunction or something.
- Oh... um... I have no answer for this. I live my life through 90s action films.
Any last words for the viners?
- Be nicer to each other on the internet, or at least learn to spell the cuss words you're using correctly. Knowledge is power and the more you know... whatever.
Give it up for Inferiorego... This was seriously ridiculous. We'll be back next week guys; however, there will be no voting thread for the next community star as I am still retooling it to make it as awesome for you guys as possible.