Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

So many of our moderators have been awarded Comic Vine Community Star that it makes no sense to us why this particular Comic Viner hasn't yet won! Hopefully, we can rectify that. This week we are proud (and I mean, very proud) to award the Comic Vine Community Star to Blue_Shield. Since joining Comic Vine in June of 2008 Blue_Shield has accumulated a total of 395,831 wiki points. That's a crazy number of points! Shield has said that he loves comics, but if he had to choose, Marvel tops the list as his favorite publisher; and you can tell by just glancing at his wiki edits.

Blue_Shield isn't just knowledgeable in Marvel comics history and cannon; he's also edited the wiki pages of some of Marvels most important and influential creators. Blue_Shield is one of the top contributors on Joe Quesada's page, the chief-creative officer at Marvel with a total of 781 points. He's also acquired a total of 658 points on writer/artist George Perez's creator page. Blue_Shield has also edited some very important character and concept pages on Comic Vine including (but not limited to) Civil War page (223 points), Doctor Strange page (227 points), The Initiative page (209 points), Infinite Crisis (161 points), John Byrne (161 points) and countless others. All of Blue_Shield's contributions have helped build a foundation for Comic Vine's wiki which is today one of the most comprehensive online. It's thanks to him that we are able to easily search for so much information, and he definitely deserves some love for all of his hard work.

== TEASER ==

When he isn't editing the Comic Vine wiki database, Blue_Shield is moderating the forums and approving and denying user submissions. His efforts not only help keep Comic Vine organized; but they allow Comic Vine to continue to be a place where people can have a good, clean discussion about comic book characters, concepts and creators that we love (or love to hate). Blue_Shield has also written some really great reviews. Shield's most recent review of Justice League International is particularly good; outlining everything from the Dan Jurgen's format to Hi-Fi's coloring techniques. Shield isn't afraid to discuss his uncertainties about the issue, either.

So far, I'm not sure about Godiva. I know it is an international hero team, and it makes sense, she was on the Global Guardians (another UN sanctioned team) previously. The first page looks off to me. I think it's just the composition of the image. I miss Blue Beetle, Ted Kord.

We're glad we aren't the only ones that miss Ted Kord. You can read the rest of his review for Justice League International #1, here. You can also catch his other 14 reviews on his reviews page, here.

Blue_Shield is one user that has been both a huge contributor to making Comic Vine's wiki as comprehensive as it is today, as well as keeping the forums clean and free of any conflict. Thanks for being a great moderator and an even better contributor to Comic Vine, Blue_Shield, we're honestly lucky to have you.

#1 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations, Blue_Shield!

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Blue_Shield!

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#4 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done.

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa! Congrats! It's about time!

#6 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats

#8 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that is a lot of Wiki! Good job. :D

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Congrats

#10 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#11 Posted by The Poet (8287 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats!

#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

Also, I may have voted for you, but I'm still coming for you, especially now that pikahyper knocked me down to #6. I will be top five again... ;P

#13 Posted by Renchamp (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time! Well earned, old chap. Congratulations.

#14 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

Every time it's her :D

Congratulations Blue_Shield! Nice work!

#15 Posted by Gods Watchful Eyes (335 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao this oldy still exists...I believed him to be gone o.O 
Congratulations! You deserve it for all the points you have :]

#16 Posted by Ice Princess (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! I still remember that way, way, WAY back when I first joined the site, you were the first person to make me feel welcome. :)
Keep up all the good work.

#17 Posted by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!!!

#18 Posted by SC (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations Blue Shield! The amount of wiki editing you have done, makes you like a backbone of CV, and without a large part of the site would just collapse and crumble and so for that I thank you and also appreciate all that you have done!! Cheers! *smile*

#19 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more so surprised that this didn't go to him the last few times he was nominated. If anything, he deserves this more then a lot of previous winners put together, and that's saying something. Good job this week.

#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats :)

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! Congrats!
But hasn't he been here longer? since all the old members "joined" Comic Vine in June 6, 2008 because of the new version of Comic Vine (2.0).
BB

#22 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats man , good job

#23 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!
#24 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Finally! Congrats!
But hasn't he been here longer? since all the old members "joined" Comic Vine in June 6, 2008 because of the new version of Comic Vine (2.0).
BB

That's a good point! This, unfortunately, was the only information I could obtain from his profile when I was writing this. :(

#25 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats ! Blue !
#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@Billy Batson said:

Finally! Congrats!
BB

That's a good point! This, unfortunately, was the only information I could obtain from his profile when I was writing this. :(

You could always ask him.
BB

#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Babs said:

@Billy Batson said:

Finally! Congrats!
BB

BB

February 6, 2007 (source)

AND CONGRATS! You definitely deserve this man, I mean you're like one of the few top submitters on the site who has a life on the side, a daunting idea to most but somehow you pull it off...

#28 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

CONGRATS!

#29 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats, well deserved :)

#30 Posted by The Impersonator (4899 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Congrats.
#32 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8121 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulation's!!!

#33 Posted by Duchess (5993 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Grats

#35 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Babs said:

@Billy Batson said:

Finally! Congrats!
BB

BB

AND CONGRATS! You definitely deserve this man, I mean you're like one of the few top submitters on the site who has a life on the side, a daunting idea to most but somehow you pull it off...

Stalker :p
BB

#36 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Babs said:

@Billy Batson said:

Finally! Congrats!
BB

BB

Stalker :p
BB

how does that make me a stalker? :O

I posted on that when it was made, thus, it's only natural I can remember it

#37 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost:

After two years?
BB

#38 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: if you're memory extends less then two years, I feel sorry for you

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost:

Not at all. Didn't think you would have a long term memory :p
BB

#40 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator said:
#41 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

well done :-)

#42 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats and good luck with the sight!! :)

#43 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats

#44 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Teddy too :(

Congrats Blue_shield!

#45 Posted by Blue_Shield (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks all, it's an honor to receive this. I'm not able to be on as much as I'd like to. My life outside the 'Vine has been pretty hectic the last couple of years. I try to get on as much as I can, mostly checking wiki edits (just finished some), and I hope to add some of my own as well. I love the site, I wear my Comicvine button on my apron at work, and always direct/link to the site when someone asks for comic info.