• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) 9 months, 15 days ago

Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: TMNT vs. Deadpool (470 votes)

TMNT 46%
Deadpool 46%
Too close to call 8%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (both sides are current/standard versions).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them.
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
#1 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

I know plenty about the IDW versions of the TMNT but I'm not that good on Deadpool. So I guess I'll need to see whether Deadpool can handle all the Turtles or if they're too much for him.

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I know plenty about the IDW versions of the TMNT but I'm not that good on Deadpool. So I guess I'll need to see whether Deadpool can handle all the Turtles or if they're too much for him.

Well, you have 4 full days to compare and contrast feats. Hopefully someone presents a more than thorough and fair case for Deadpool (aka not only using high end feats and disregarding everything else). In the meantime, maybe you can drop a knowledge bomb about the Turtles? I'm sure many out there aren't current or even following the IDW series.

Staff
#3 Posted by ShadowX (1085 posts) - - Show Bio

From my undersanding deadpool can be inconsistent, so I guess if we can see his "average feats" That would be the best to go on.

#4 Posted by Xwraith (11042 posts) - - Show Bio

For the first time, I voted "too close to call".

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Awesome! Care to elaborate?

@shadowx said:

From my undersanding deadpool can be inconsistent, so I guess if we can see his "average feats" That would be the best to go on.

Well, hopefully we see plenty from both sides as the week progresses!

Staff
#6 Edited by nigravirum1 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually try for argument of the week but I'm not a big fan of the Ninga Turtles so dont know much about them except the basics. So just based off of what I know, I'm going Deadpool.

#7 Posted by Xwraith (11042 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@xwraith said:

Awesome! Care to elaborate?

Normally, I'd give a four-on-one fight to the Turtles, but the most advanced healing factor in 616 gives some ground to Wade.

#8 Posted by TommytheHitman (2473 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT could just swarm DP. I'm pretty sure Deadpool's sword skills are below the likes of the Shredder or Karai.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (20867 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait...normal morals, does that mean the TMNT are willing to go for a killing blow? I know they are taught not to take lives and Leo was pretty broken up when he thought he killed that really big turtle whose name I can't remember.

#10 Edited by McKlayn (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles are a team, a damn good one too. Yes Wade is awesome, i'm not taking anything away form him but all four of the turtles come in their slashing and dicing will be too much for him, can they kill him? No, but they will take him down and that's a win.

#11 Posted by mattitude22 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

the tmnt could could get the numbers on deadpool when hes fighting one the others could take him bye surprise

#12 Posted by danhimself (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait...normal morals, does that mean the TMNT are willing to go for a killing blow? I know they are taught not to take lives and Leo was pretty broken up when he thought he killed that really big turtle whose name I can't remember.

the Turtles are known to kill... The Mirage Turtles regularly killed the Foot Soldiers that they went up against

#13 Posted by Revendawn (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to get into a whole big thing, but I think we all know how this fight really ends. There is no way these characters meet and don't end up just sharing pizza, video games, and hanging out. So I went with too close to call, but only because it was the only neutral option. The truth is when the Turtles meet Deadpool, we win.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The version being used in the battle aren't the Mirage Turtles. It's the IDW ones.

#15 Posted by danhimself (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles are just to good to not take Wade down. These guys have been trained by a Ninjitsu master since they were born. They've gone up against demons, super strong androids, and super mutants and always came out on top due to their skill and teamwork. While being highly skilled himself, Wade often relies to heavily on his healing factor and not on his skills. Even at 25 feet apart that is plenty of room for the Turtles to get to cover and disappear into the shadows and take Wade by surprise. Guns mean nothing to the Turtles, we've seen them dodge gunfire before..heck we've seen them block it with their weapons. I have to give this fight to the Turtles at least 7/10.

#16 Posted by BattheMan008 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with Deadpool. Healing factor is key.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to get into a whole big thing, but I think we all know how this fight really ends. There is no way these characters meet and don't end up just sharing pizza, video games, and hanging out. So I went with too close to call, but only because it was the only neutral option. The truth is when the Turtles meet Deadpool, we win.

If "too close to call" wins, this is totally the Viner Argument of the Week.

Staff
#18 Edited by nightwingnerd (320 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT

#19 Posted by danhimself (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The version being used in the battle aren't the Mirage Turtles. It's the IDW ones.

I know that. Doesn't matter. Even with them being opposed to killing doesn't mean that they won't.

#20 Posted by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a play by play of how I see this fight going down, they face off both sides being unaware of how skillful the opponent is Deadpool quickly incapacitates one of the turtles (probably Michelangelo out of rivalry as the joke maker [Unless it's different in IDW]) . The turtles then restrain DP using their superior numbers along with their long honed teamwork, Raphael will probably stab DP with his sai to finish him, unbeknownst to them DP's healing factor will kick in and he'll use this chance to quickly Raphael and possibly Donatello (depending on how fast he can react), now with the knowledge of a healing factor Leonardo knows that his only option is decapitation which results in a sword fight with DP which Leonardo can win alone or easily with help from Donatello.

Overall I see turtles winning 6.5/10 times, their strength lies in numbers and that Leonardo & Raphael can beat Deadpool at his own game (swords, along with the occasional sai) . Deadpool's main strength in this matchup relies on his ability to be unpredictable and agile which will initially cause confusion and hiccups in the teams attack plans, similar to the Splinter in disguise fight.

#21 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles are just to good to not take Wade down. These guys have been trained by a Ninjitsu master since they were born. They've gone up against demons, super strong androids, and super mutants and always came out on top due to their skill and teamwork. While being highly skilled himself, Wade often relies to heavily on his healing factor and not on his skills. Even at 25 feet apart that is plenty of room for the Turtles to get to cover and disappear into the shadows and take Wade by surprise. Guns mean nothing to the Turtles, we've seen them dodge gunfire before..heck we've seen them block it with their weapons. I have to give this fight to the Turtles at least 7/10.

This is a very impressive argument for the Turtles. But didn't you say that the IDW versions were nothing compared to the older Mirage Turtles? Anyway I'm leaning towards the Turtles if they can swarm Wade like they did with the Shredder who is arguably more skilled than Deadpool but is still quite cocky and arrogant. But they aren't likely to kill so I'm not sure how they can put him down.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool has taken on people like Wolverine and beaten them. Quite frankly, the IDW turtles aren't on that level of skill yet, and combined with Deadpool's insane healing factor, he's taking this 6-7/10.

#23 Posted by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DP, I think the turtles would take this though.

#24 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Deadpool can take on all of them.

#25 Edited by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles would take this, the TMNT outnumber and combined outskill Wade.

Also Deadpool can be defeated even though he has a healing factor.

The Turtles literally take on ninjas that outnumber them 10-1. They go up against people with guns and are quick enough to dance around automatic fire. They take this.

#26 Posted by jstndmnd (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool could take 1 or 2 easily, but with all four they are a united front that will over take him quickly.

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are forgetting something, the IDW turtles have shown they can't work together well as a team as shown in issue 21.

#28 Posted by Barkley (258 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT....they got numbers

#29 Posted by AlKusanagi (551 posts) - - Show Bio

1 on1 one, Pool wins no problem, but 4 on 1 he's outclassed. Also, the incapacitated thing hurts him in this match up, since a tactic he's used pretty frequently is getting taken down, and then when his opponent is celebrating he pops back up and finishes them off.

#30 Posted by Paragon_Sean (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the TMNT. In my eyes, DP is at a severe disadvantage. As we know, DP's typical loadout includes his swords and your run-of-the-mill guns. These are both things in which the TMNT have extensive experience in combating. Also, one could argue that DP isn't even as proficient with his swords compared to some TMNT baddies like Shredder(although I have no scans to prove this claim one way or another).

#31 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (864 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT

#32 Edited by danhimself (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@danhimself said:

This is a very impressive argument for the Turtles. But didn't you say that the IDW versions were nothing compared to the older Mirage Turtles? Anyway I'm leaning towards the Turtles if they can swarm Wade like they did with the Shredder who is arguably more skilled than Deadpool but is still quite cocky and arrogant. But they aren't likely to kill so I'm not sure how they can put him down.

In my mind the Mirage Turtles are more skilled than the IDW Turtles. But that's mostly due to the fact that by the end of the Mirage series the Turtles were pushing 30 if not in to their 30's. The Mirage Turtles had no difficulties with the Shredder at all...after humiliating him in their first fight the Foot resurrected him and Leo ended up fighting him on his own and easily beating and decapitating him.

They don't have to kill Deadpool to put him down. It's true that these Turtles aren't likely to kill but they can easily incapacitate him or K.O. him and end the fight.

#33 Edited by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

The ninja turtles, Though have had a varied yet strange history; The weapons and skills are what defines them as a whole. to see who wins in this battle we would have to break down each character rather than try to guess as a whole.

Leonardo for many is the leader of the group. constantly studying under master splinter, he is disciplined and spiritual. he is a combat strategist who is balanced in both physical and mental aspects. Though when a plan tends to fall apart he loses concentration very easily. Leo has fought and killed the shredder in several incarnations, as well as a living embodiment of the devil. His weapon of choice is the Ninjaken Sword, often thought of as kitanna's these are 2 ft long blades and designed for offensive attacks.

Donatello is the brains of the group. spends less time training and is more focused on his machines or technology. Though he has enough skill to keep up with his brothers he tends to rely on his heavy oak staff. with the longest reach that his brothers have he can eventually wear down his opponents though sometimes not immediate.

Michaelangelo the wild card of the group. undisciplined, always eating and reading comics. He has a random child like behaviour but is also the heart of the entire group. he is equipped with Nunchku which is a farming tool for thrashing grain. but wields them with surprising efficiency.

Raphael is the brute force of the group while he is the strongest is not often the smartest of the group, heavily relying on his superior combat skills to get him out of the battle. he has skills that could rival leonardo, Raphael has defeated the shredder and in some incarnations had become the shredder and taken over the foot clan. When angered Raphael goes into a uncontrolled blood lust that can double his fighting power. This is usually brought on by sense of failure or when a brother has been downed for the count. Raphael wields the Sai, again once a farming tool but reused as the anti kitanna as these weapons were effective sword breakers and short stabbing weapons. little reach but can be effective in close combat and breaking swords.

As mutant turtles, a turtle has smaller organs but larger muscle mass. if we were to carry that into their mutation, the likely hood of getting stabbed or shot in the organ is a lower chance than that of hitting a human. if anything more muscle to target.

Deadpool, a merc with regenerative powers. His mind has been some what damaged when he was experimented on during the weapon x projects. Deadpools notable feats have been taking out a ship of skrull soldiers as well as stopping Dr.Doom himself during Doom War. His unorthodox behavior is what gives Deadpool an edge in all his battles. he sees a goal but takes the long way around through annoyancy and crazy behaviour to achieve it to throw off anyone to his plan. he usually requires little more than a few minutes to come up with a plan. his arsenal is often his kitanna blades, two pistols (we will assume glock 9) , a SMG, few grenades, and a teleportation belt.

My final thought is that, when you break down the equipment and talents of both sides, Deadpool is the more deadly but since he often does not discipline himself it would more than likely talk to get into a fight with raphael, mikey would try to help. don and leo would try to use stealth to plan their attack or try to sneak up behind. Deadpool and mikey being such huge wild cards it really is hard to say which way the battle will go. but in the end I would hope family comes out on top.

#34 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to have to go with the turtles here. Deadpool has skills and a healing factor, but the turtles are a generally well oiled fighting team. They are used to dealing with ninja like opponents, and while Deadpool is rather unsubtle, he doesn't have any weapons that the turtles aren't used to. The worst that could come of it is a Mikey, Wade rap battle

#35 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@battheman008 said:

I gotta go with Deadpool. Healing factor is key.

HEALING FACTOR IS A NON-ISSUE

INCAPACITATION ...................helllooooo

(this is just one of the things that was overlooked by so many in the Snake Eyes vs. X23 BotW)

#36 Posted by k4tzm4n (35230 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Deadpool's banter could set off Raph, throwing a loop in their teamwork.

Staff
#37 Posted by QueenCorp15 (988 posts) - - Show Bio

HANDS DOWN THE HARDEST ONE YOUVE GIVEN but since deadpool can copy anyones fighting technique hed copy turtles plus his own unique fighingt an the fact he has guns swords and probly bombs for all we know ooooo and a teleporter ssssoooooo id say deadpool wins HE KILLED THE WHOLE MARVEL UNIVERSE!!!!

#38 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Deadpool's banter could set off Raph, throwing a loop in their teamwork.

Not to mention that he could see a rival in Mikey in terms of being a goofy, funny guy so could be ticked off by him a lot.

#39 Edited by dondave (27203 posts) - - Show Bio

HANDS DOWN THE HARDEST ONE YOUVE GIVEN but since deadpool can copy anyones fighting technique hed copy turtles plus his own unique fighingt an the fact he has guns swords and probly bombs for all we know ooooo and a teleporter ssssoooooo id say deadpool wins HE KILLED THE WHOLE MARVEL UNIVERSE!!!!

Deadpool can't do that, that Taskmaster's abilty

#40 Edited by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seeing a lot of reasoning that dictates a win for the turtles but a lot of votes for Deadpool, must be a lot of fanboys with their lack of logic.

#41 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with the turtles in a half shell =)

#42 Posted by danhimself (21913 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool can't copy fighting techniques and he hasn't had a teleporter in like 10 years

#43 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me ask- does lopping off Deadpool's head and tying it up in a plastic bag pulled out of the sewer count as winning? Cause that's how I see this ending

#44 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I know that. Doesn't matter. Even with them being opposed to killing doesn't mean that they won't.

true, BUT once they find out they CAN'T kill him then they'll use it like an awesome training session till they get bored and/or hungry and then do the thing with the head in the bag. Turtle Power!

#45 Posted by RoTheKid (225 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to give this one to the Turtles. :)

#46 Posted by Jacobin_Wisdom (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooooooh, Deadpool gonna win! Like, if he can kill off the Marvel universe, works of literature and beat the Devil at his own game then he'll make the turtles into turtle soup!

#47 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Slash

@danhimself said:

Actually, in the IDW series they are the reincarnations of Splinter's 4 sons who were killed back in feudal Japan. Not only is Shredder a reincarnation of a Samurai warrior, so are Splinter and the 4 Turtles and they were alive around the same. Read the Secret History of the Foot and you'll understand a bit more about these Turtles. They changed the origin a bit.

I go with the Turtles no doubt. They have been taken out before, but they have also learned to work together because of those situations where they lost.

#49 Posted by zack921 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool all the way fools

#50 Edited by Mr_Tedward (7 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a close one but i think wade is gonna take the win, remember this is a guy who has gone toe to toe with wolverine and was still able to hold his own and i would say One Wolvie is worth 4 turtles or more, the turtles may be able to swarm him or get some good shots in but wade will still scrape through about 7/10 times