• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Snake Eyes vs. X-23 (345 votes)

Snake Eyes 31%
X-23 66%
Too close to call 4%

Welcome to the fourth Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

THIS IS THE ONLY VALID THREAD FOR 'VINER ARGUMENT OF THE WEEK' CANDIDATES

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and they begin 50 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
  • Elimination by all standard methods (incapacitation, knockout or death).
#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very Close Call, and if it weren't or some seriously important factors, I might have even chosen snake eyes, but in the end, I’ll give x-23 a slight edge.

Both of them are very skilled, and when I say very I do mean VERY. In terms of speed, I think snake eyes Is a bit faster than Laura, which will give snake eyes a slight advantage, and even that is debatable, but ultimately, it will be futile . See Laura is not only skilled, but she is also a living weapon, everything about her leads towards a killing machine, she has all the qualities of snake eyes( maybe some not as good), and an insane healing factor to go along with all of it.

And that’s where the line is drawn, while this fight will last for a LONG time, Laura won’t get tired, her healing factor will keep her going, and so will her pain tolerance. It might not seem much but this is an important factor that will ensure Laura’s victory. Keep in Mind that she has commented on wolverine healing factor, saying that he “Heals to Slow”. And while I think snake eyes is more experienced, Laura has fought many skilled people, wolverine being one (He did however hold back), Daken was another example, He even comments on her amazing skills, saying that she is indeed a superb assassin.

Also Snake eyes won’t be able to put her down, not only because of her healing factor, but also because she is very tolerant to pain, to the point where she rarely even notice’s it. She had her arm cut clean off with chainsaw and x-23 barely batted an eye, and then there was the incident with the bomb, where her skin was burnt off and she was still standing along with Daken.

She’s not sloppy with strategy either, she managed to observe lady deathstrikes and flat out own her, while pretending to be beaten during the battle.

Like I said, snake eyes is going to be a real pain, but in the end, while the battle of course will be glorious , x-23’s healing factor and amazing skills will earn her a definite win.

#2 Edited by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually need someone to tell me more about Snake Eyes because I'm trying to be objective. X-23 was created as the perfect killer, she has a crazy healing factor, and adamantium-coated blades which should cut through pretty much everything they come up against. But if it were so one-sided this wouldn't be the battle of the week, so I'm wondering what Snake Eyes brings to the table.

#3 Edited by jashro44 (19640 posts) - - Show Bio

How are snake eyes morals towards killing young people? I know he is willing to kill but would he be willing to kill X-23?

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio
@akbogert said:

I actually need someone to tell me more about Snake Eyes because I'm trying to be objective. X-23 was created as the perfect killer, she has a crazy healing factor, and adamantium-coated blades which should cut through pretty much everything they come up against. But if it were so one-sided this wouldn't be the battle of the week, so I'm wondering what Snake Eyes brings to the table.

I know at least one Snake Eyes expert has informed me he'll present a case later in the day. So stay tuned, friend.

Staff
#5 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Alrighty.

At the moment, knowing nothing about how cross-publisher things work, my main question is whether the G.I. Joe universe has anything on par with adamantium. Otherwise I'm saying if Laura gets within claw range, this fight is over.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well, treat this as you would a regular battles thread. They're determined to win but still in character and victory can be achieved through knockout or incapacitation -- not only death. It's my understanding Snake Eyes isn't one to underestimate a foe -- especially if they have claws popping out of their hands. But I've said to much, I try to reserve posting my full thoughts until Friday's update. Hopefully Snake Eyes experts will enter the mix soon enough.

@theacidskull: Thank you providing an opening argument. Hopefully you'll have your hands full soon enough :D

Staff
#7 Edited by jashro44 (19640 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I agree snake eyes could incapacitate X-23 but personally I feel like if he isn't willing to use lethal force it will be more difficult. Currently I think a submission hold is probably his best bet without lethal force, but I don't think that will be easy.

I will wait to see the argument for snake eyes though. My knowledge is a bit limited.

#8 Posted by IronAngelX (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't that be something if it ended in a tie? 50/50 lol

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

I just see this as too one sided. Laura (X-23) has way to many advantages, she can sniff him out if blinded, healing factor (not that he couldn't cut off her arms and legs which could get him the win) he would just have to be able to get the first solid hit. I would think her claws would slice through his swords and depending on how she presents herself at the beginning he might not know she has the blades in her hands let alone the ones she rarely uses in her feet. She would catch him off guard with the claws at first but not enough to throw him off his game. I think the real surprise is when she goes to kick him and he leans out of the way before she extends her foot blade and slices his face off. I know he is a master martial arts and has military training as well so i think he could catch her move for move (while probably just a little slower) but he doesn't have anything to put in her way to stop those claws. The best he can do is jab and move and slice and move or shoot from a distance. If he attacked from the 50 ft starting point using every long range item in his arsenal he might be able to catch her with a bullet or two and if he could anticipate how she would react to his offensive attacks he could predict where she would be next giving him the opportunity to strike for the temporary killing blow.

lol So i voted for x-23 due to Snake eyes close range and bladed fighting style but if he could keep it a distance fight i think he could win. He would just have to think about it like catching a rabid animal and killing it.

I would give this to Laura 6 out of 10 times

#10 Edited by AlKusanagi (594 posts) - - Show Bio

As I posted in the topic on the front page:

Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible

He's a freakin' NINJA!!! You basically took away his only power set.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@k4tzm4n: I agree snake eyes could incapacitate X-23 but personally I feel like if he isn't willing to use lethal force it will be more difficult. Currently I think a submission hold is probably his best bet without lethal force, but I don't think that will be easy.

I will wait to see the argument for snake eyes though. My knowledge is a bit limited.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have general knowledge of Snake Eyes, but not enough to dish out a full argument. Although, I don't believe a submission hold isn't all too wild to assume but to properly administer the hold will be the biggest problem.

#12 Edited by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio

As I posted in the topic on the front page:

Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible

He's a freakin' NINJA!!! You basically took away his only power set.

If you think he'd go for stealth, what's stopping him? There's alleys, he could head to the rooftops, go inside buildings, etc. It's not like the road is a clear shot just because it's unpopulated. There's still assorted items for cover (parked vehicles, bus stops, etc).

Staff
#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2513 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake Eyes stomps.

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: will probably :P, people seem to like snake eyes.

#15 Edited by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf: Question: how can it be one-sided yet you think Luara only takes 6 out of 10 victories? Doesn't taking a small majority mean it's actually a good fight?

Staff
#16 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this earlier and say it again, X-23 has 4 Advantages that are hard to overcome.

1. X-23 Healing Factor will brush off any attack of Snake Eyes. Her Healing Factor is better than Wolverines.
  2. Her skill is enough to ensure Snake Eyes would not be able to dice her limbs off or head.
  3. Adamantium Claws will cut right through Snake Eyes sword like a hot knife through butter.
  4. Her Senses will keep Snake Eyes from pulling any stealth advantages he has.

X-23 should win 8/10 matches.

#17 Posted by TommytheHitman (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Snakeyes. He'd probably be able to dodge X-23's attacks, while getting a few of his own in. Also who's to say Laura won't be holding back? If they're both holding back Snakeyes wins.

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (8130 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say Laura takes this through superior durability, like this:

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake Eyes stomps.

Are you serious right now?

#20 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to go with Snake Eyes. I don't know anything about X-23 and Snake Eyes is a badass from one of my favorite franchises as a child and adult.

#21 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving it to X23, but its a good one.

#22 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say Laura takes this through superior durability, like this:

Worth noting to the uninitiated: this happens mere seconds after she has been sawed in half.

She healed from that instantly.

#23 Posted by mattitude22 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

snake eyes is very skilled but i dont know how he would get around x23s healing factor no matter what he did x23 would just keep healing my edge goes to x23

#24 Posted by judasnixon (6193 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Ship Wreck........

#25 Posted by Overlander (430 posts) - - Show Bio

As awesome and effective as X-23 is, always bet on Snake Eyes.

#26 Posted by Onemoreposter (3946 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Ship Wreck........

ha, shoot, can I change my vote?

#27 Posted by detective38 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 wins....FATALITY!!!

#28 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure about my knowledge of X-23. Except for Evolution and that one time teamed up with spider man in the beginning.
But i know Snake Eyes. A special ops military trained ninja! Who was training since like he was 10. He has like some 30 years experience. I dont think hes gonna jump heads on. He will lurk in shadows and observe before he can actually make any move.

#29 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5886 posts) - - Show Bio

How can't she win.

#30 Posted by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking that Snake-Eyes might have a chance, until I read TheAcidSkull's review of the possible outcome. X-23 doesn't have it in the bag, but she has the most chance of winning. Snake Eyes is skilled - I get that, but he has been beaten in the past by enemies like the Baroness and I can't see X-23 losing to such a foe. Snake Eyes might be able to beat her, but I just don't think he'd last long enough.

#31 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

x-23 would woop his ass

#32 Edited by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure about my knowledge of X-23. Except for Evolution and that one time teamed up with spider man in the beginning.

But i know Snake Eyes. A special ops military trained ninja! Who was training since like he was 10. He has like some 30 years experience. I dont think hes gonna jump heads on. He will lurk in shadows and observe before he can actually make any move.

X-23 was bred in a lab. Snake Eyes has been training since 10? She has been training since before she was self-aware; she was genetically designed to be the perfect killer, superior to Wolverine with a faster healing factor among other things. She was being sent on assassination missions before she even hit puberty.

Also, she has heightened hearing and smell and such, so hiding isn't as easy as not being in plain sight.

#33 Edited by thenexusrebound (240 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 is designed to be the perfect killer. Snake Eye has a lot of training, but he still holds back at times. Take into consideration how many times he could have killed Stormshadow but didn't. Laura though when push comes to shove she will shove back and hard. On top of it she has super human senses normal tactic would be tough. Plus could he attack a teen?

#34 Posted by MugsyOG (47 posts) - - Show Bio

always vote for the underdog

#35 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

this battle seems a bit one sided to me, while I believe Snake eyes will have the slight edge in speed and skill Laura has the advantages of her durability due to a Healing factor. Her Adamantium claws would wreck SE swords and gunshot wounds is something she is used to dealing with. as shown in the scan above by outside_85 she brushes it off. Laura 8-9/10.

#36 Edited by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23, and I don't think it's close. What makes snake eyes better than an average Hand ninja?

#37 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

What a stomp.

#39 Posted by thedayvee (76 posts) - - Show Bio

his reflexes would put him at a good advantage but her healing factor is too much, she would eventually tare him to shreads.

#40 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this earlier and say it again, X-23 has 4 Advantages that are hard to overcome.

1. X-23 Healing Factor will brush off any attack of Snake Eyes. Her Healing Factor is better than Wolverines.
  2. Her skill is enough to ensure Snake Eyes would not be able to dice her limbs off or head.
  3. Adamantium Claws will cut right through Snake Eyes sword like a hot knife through butter.
  4. Her Senses will keep Snake Eyes from pulling any stealth advantages he has.

X-23 should win 8/10 matches.

1. Technically she has the exact same HF as Wolverine. However since Wolverine's body is constantly fighting broad adamantium poisoning it taxes his factor and slows it a bit.

2. How can you say this with certainty? It surely won't be easy, but you are telling me she is skilled enough that there is no chance of cutting off a limb/her head?

3. False. Snake-Eyes sword is an Arashikage blade forged of Onihashi Laminated steel and is for all intents and purposes unbreakable.

4. I'll give you that he won'k up on her most likely, but i don't think that changes the fight all that much.

#41 Posted by Perfect 10 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

people really have to differenciate between invulnearable to healing. she still feels pain. that will slow you down. also i dont know where people get that her healing factor is faster/better than wolverine cause i've never SEEN that. i've actually seen the opposite (blame the writers not me if its true that her healing factor is better). case in point: in avengers area she gets blown up (all her hair burnt off, flesh mangled and melted like freddy krugger) and is knocked out and would have died if not for her companions helping her. wolverine gets blown up, all the flesh removed from his body and he didnt lose conciousness and he is healed in one page vs x who doesnt heal up (and not completely) until next issue. snake is just too good to be taken by laura. i didnt even know how good he was until i read the g.i. joe comics a few months ago. i gave laura the pity vote cause i honestly thought she didnt have a chance. oh well, next time just voting for best fighter

#42 Posted by Supreme_Maj (255 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes normally to Laura but i'll wait till Thursday before casting my vote I 'll wait the expert on snake eye convince me other wise. I hope you have good arguments guys

#43 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen snakes eyes dodge some crazy attacks even from transformers, so this is not a blood bath. Snake eyes is the winner to me because he can hit her with a move or two to knock her out. He is going to take his hits but is smart enough to see her weaknesses in time to k.o. her. X-23 is nice but Snake eye's beast with crazy feats to back it up.

#44 Edited by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake-Eyes is considered hands down the most dangerous person on the planet. He is considered a more valuable and dangerous weapon than a nuclear warhead, as has been stated more than once, particularly by Kalikhan. According to the Hard Master he is the greatest fighter he has ever known, and another old master commented that he had "The greatest mastery of form and magnitude of ki I have ever seen." The Baroness stated that Snake-Eyes was easily worth more than an entire platoon of her best troops. He is legendary, believed to only be a myth by some. Zartan remarked that his crew didn't understand, "Snake-Eyes is not human". Storm Shadow claimed that to Snake-Eyes all of the Arashikage ninjas are "But children". These are the same ninjas that slaughtered a battalion of Norwegian soldiers without losing a single man.

Ninja Master claims Snake-Eyes has the greatest "Mastery of form and magnitude of Ki" he's ever seen.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0001-1.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0002.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0003-Copy.jpg

Jumps out of a Plane with no parachute/ Zartan claims he's "not human"

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEnothuman_zps3ff28c51.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEplanejump_zps8b85e747.jpg

Baroness begrudgingly admits Snake-Eyes is worth more than a whole platoon of her best soldiers.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps52da43ac.jpg

Duke says he could never lay a hand on Snake-Eyes if he wanted to

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEnoway_zpse16698a6.jpg

Snake-Eyes wipes out Arashikage Ninjas "He is Legend"

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SElegend_zpsea1dc2da.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SElegend2_zps5642ec18.jpg

Snake-Eyes vs. Arashikage Ninjas "You are children to him" + Arrow dodge.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zpsbb83d081.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps23f3ed16.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zpsd05630a0.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps25bdc4c9.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps4c2b7cd7.jpg

He is an unmatched master of dozens of styles, as well as an expert in all NATO small arms and melee weapons. He has unheard of amounts of military training, including Ranger School, Airborne Training, Underwater demolitions, desert and arctic survival, mountaineering, etc. He is considered the best student the Arashikage Clan ever produced and they are centuries old. His ninja training allows him to do many things including being superhumanly fast, crushing stone with his fists, fighting completely blind, etc. His skill and training is on a completely different level than X-23. She is very skilled, no doubt, but he is in a different league. He doesn't have a HF or mutant powers to fall back on, and yet he is just as effective because of his skill and ability.

The Arashikage Ear-That-Sees Technique (demonstrated by Storm Shadow)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27969/1016507-ssarchery_super.jpg

Fights blindfolded.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEtraining01.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEtraining02.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEtraining03.jpg

Snake-Eyes is extremely fast. Here are a number of different scans showcasing him moving too fast for opponents to react. Laura has good speed and reflexes but I've never seen anything from her that trumps what Snake can do.

Both skill and Speed: Disarms a gun to his head

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEdisarm1_zps7050e5b8.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEdisarm2_zps0b02ad5d.jpg

Slices Rifles before they can React

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps74012b08.jpg

Dodges automatic Gunfire, and takes out group of armed men.

http://www.comicvine.com/max0043vl9/105-781071/

Chases down a guy on a motorcycle, on foot.

http://www.comicvine.com/snake_eyes/105-1475350/

There is no doubt in my mind that Snake-Eyes has fast enough reflexes that X-23 isn't going to have an easy time tagging him at all. His feats would suggest that he has superior reflexes.

Both a reflex and senses feat. Catches an arrow shot at him while he was in deep conversation with his master.

http://www.comicvine.com/snakeeyesarrow/105-1475357/

Catches Arrows as part of his training.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEcatcharrows1.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEcatcharrows.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEcatcharrows3.jpg

Dodges/Slices Arrows

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0025.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0026.jpg

Slices a Harpoon

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps6a8a545e.jpg

Dodges Automatic gunfire from a helicopter along with Storm Shadow.

http://www.comicvine.com/se2/105-1475374/

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that there is no way for Snake-Eyes to take X-23. This is untrue. There are a number of ways Snake-Eyes could seriously harm Laura to the point she could not continue the fight. People make her healing factor out to seem as if it is unstoppable, but it can be taxed as has been shown. Furthermore she does not have the protection of an adamantium skeleton so there is nothing to save her from a bullet to the head, decapitation, close range grenade explosions, limb dismemberment, etc. All of these would slow her down enough that she would effectively lose. Heck I doubt she could survive a long priest robe cut, which he is well versed in. And then there is the fact that he knows nerve strikes and pressure points. He could even hit her with the Arashikage death touch if he so chose.

Employs a modified Death Touch

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326....zps73780a0f.jpg

Some people have tried to argue that X-23 was created to be the ultimate weapon and has been trained since birth etc. This is impressive, but I'd rather look at results than intentions. X-23 may have been created to be the ultimate weapon, but Snake-Eyes has been referred to many times as the ultimate weapon. He has been training, fighting, and killing longer than X-23 has been alive. He has personally put more enemies to death than she has by a long shot. I am sorry, but if your argument is going to be about who is the better killer she is going to lose by any measure.

#45 Edited by GraniteSoldier (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to play devil's advocate because I think Snake Eyes can take this. The main reason being he is such a highly trained soldier who's tactics are not one or even two dimensional, but incredibly multi-dimensional. I would wager to say Snake-Eyes has the edge in training, tactics, speed, equipment versatility, and environment usage. X-23 I'd give the edge to in durability, strength, powers, and melee weapons. It is debatable if Snake-Eyes' sword can be cut or not, so I will assume it can be for the sake of argument. Now obviously as someone who has high level ninja training Snake would try to stealth early, and while X's nose (like Wolverine's) can track him it is not immediate. What I mean is it is not like a motion detector where she can track him in real time as he moves. There would be a delay, being likely 2-5 seconds behind his movements. Not saying it's a decisive advantage, but only that tactically cannot be overlooked. If she broke his sword in melee, he carries (or at least used to) a brass knuckle trench knife, and usually 2 pistols, one typically being an auto-pistol.

This is where the dynamic training comes into play. Snake-Eyes was a Special Forces Delta Operator before becoming a Joe, if option one doesn't work he will move to option two. Delta Operators can fire on the move at a target over 25 feet away and hit a grouping no wider than 1/4 inch. Now X is not a typical target, and will be tougher to hit than your standard enemy soldier, but I believe Snake can get an accurate shot in a vital area (say, the head). Now X is not adamantium laced like Wolverine, a shot such as that should knock her off balance making follow-up shots easier. Several shots to the head should incapacitate, giving Snake the opportunity to decapitate.

If he chooses to engage in melee, it becomes a combination of swordplay and gunplay (Gun-Fu if you would) with a primary focus on dodging X's attacks rather than blocking (this again assumes Snake's sword can be broken and has been at this point). In which case it's a matter of targeting X's joints, as they are the weakest and easiest to break points on the body and due to their complexity may take longer to recover (not much longer, but every second would count in a fight like this so it could be all either side might need).

It's going to be a long fight, with quick application of carefully, and possibly painfully, earned knowledge of X's powers. I think X will not be so quick to adapt to Snake-Eyes due his huge dynamic of martial arts and Special Forces training, and Snake-Eyes would be quicker to adapt and overcome X's superior powerset. X is more likely to show her hand first in all her potential as well, while I think Snake-Eyes' training teaches him to use as much as needed, and as the situation evolves he would show more potential and use more equipment.

The issue of morality is what really serves as Snake-Eyes disadvantage. Snake-Eyes has shown many times he will not kill if it is avoidable. As both a code of honor, and that Special Operators (while very efficient killers) are trained to recognize a live prisoner is worth more than a dead body. Now Wolverine, despite his healing factor, has been KO'd in comics. That is with his skeleton, granted its against super-powered beings. That being said it would stand to reason a peak-level human such as Snake-Eyes could KO X-23 with several, or perhaps many, blows to the head from that brass-knuckle trench knife. Especially with Snake's training he would know where the pressure points are on the jaw and around the skull that we refer to as the "knockout points". Since victory can be achieved by KO I would say its possible.

This is by no means easy, or short. This is a long, painful fight. And Snake-Eyes would not take an overwhelming majority, but I'll risk it to say he could win 6/10. Thanks for reading.

#46 Posted by ShadowX (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh I love X-23 but you Snake Eyes people are giving compelling arguments.. i'll wait and see for more X-23 fans to show up and see if they can sway me back. I don't really have the scans to back x-23 up. *waits and watches*

#47 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: So Snake Eyes has his Universe Equivalant of truly never been broken steel? I know like Deathstroke's Promethium Sword is for all intents unbreakable, but been broken.

Adamantium has never been broken, only Secondary Adamantium.

So never at any time has his sword broke down from damage? I ask as I never heard this before of Snake Eyes. I assume strom Shadow must have the same stuff too.

#48 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: So Snake Eyes has his Universe Equivalant of truly never been broken steel? I know like Deathstroke's Promethium Sword is for all intents unbreakable, but been broken.

Adamantium has never been broken, only Secondary Adamantium.

So never at any time has his sword broke down from damage? I ask as I never heard this before of Snake Eyes. I assume strom Shadow must have the same stuff too.

Yes

The point is moot because X-23 could not generate enough force to slice through the sword.

Yes, Snake-Eye's Onihashi forged blade has never been broken.

#49 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

Also to note for those who are touting X-23's pain tolerance. Snake-Eye's lost his voice in a horrific helicopter crash where he shielded Scarlett from the worst of the explosion, ran out of the flames carrying her unconcious body (while he himself was engulfed in flames), and then after he got her to safety he demanded to continue the mission. Not bad for no healing factor.

Shields Scarlett from the explosion, Carries her out of the flaming wreckage on fire and continues the mission.

http://www.comicvine.com/sewill2/105-1475360/

http://www.comicvine.com/sewill3/105-1475361/

And this is what his body looks like from years of fighting.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/hpqscan0006.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss326/GhostTiger7/SEvsRika_zpsf16b12e3.jpg

#50 Posted by ccraft (5050 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake eyes seems cooler to me, but anyone if metal bones wins I guess