Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Punisher/Bullseye vs. Catman/Deadshot

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Punisher/Bullseye vs. Catman/Deadshot (388 votes)

Punisher/Bullseye 63%
Catman/Deadshot 33%
Too close to call 4%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (Punisher/Bullseye will not intentionally try to harm one another. They aren't forced to work together, but they will not intentionally attack each other).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them.
  • Both characters have standard gear (For Bullseye, assume this includes basic firearms, sais and a large plethora of throwing objects and blades).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
 • 
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Wow. Really great choice. I've gotta go for Catman and Deadshot partly because neither Punisher or Bullseye are wearing bulletproof helmets. It'll be too late.

Matt102255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really hard to say but who ever wins its gonna be close

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Punisher/Bullseye could take an early advantage mainly on account of the starting distance. They're both crack shots and from 50 feet away, they should be able to tag Catman a bit and knock some of the wind out of his sails, even if his stealth and tracking skills prevent them from doing critical damage right off the bat (which I would still think is a possibility, but anyway). I know people like to QQ about Catman's skill showings under Simone (taking down Bronze Tiger, holding his own against Batman) but the character simply doesn't have many non-Simone showings (apart from terrifying Tim Drake under Nicieza), so they have to be taken at face value. As such, those showings suggest he could effectively hold his own at CQC against either Frank or Lester. Would he win? Hard to say. Blake likes to fight rough and dirty, but the Punisher's been doing that a lot longer than he has. Bullseye has a more developed H2H resume. The real problem is Deadshot, imo. Catman is in danger when the fight's at long-range and safer when it's CQC, but with Floyd it's the other way around. He could take down either Frank or Lester at long-range thanks to superior (in my opinion) accuracy (more so with Punisher rather than Bullseye) and better armor, but at close range he simply doesn't have the feats to suggest he wouldn't get beaten to a pulp. He's not much of a hand-to-hand combatant, whereas Frank is pretty competent and Bullseye is a mid-tier fighter.

In comparison, Frank and Lester can both hold their own at long range or short, so I'm voting for the better rounded team. Things that could cause them trouble and possibly the win might include Bullseye's habit of playing with his food before he eats it vs Deadshot's preference to take the shot the second he gets it, and potentially Frank's unwillingness to cooperate with a murdering psychopath. Ask any slashfic writer and she'll tell you Deadshot and Catman get along famously, so that could help them pull off a victory.

Although I suppose Blake could use the Jaws of Doom, in which case all bets are off.

No Caption Provided

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Nice, but I'm on Punisher's / Bullseye's side.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Just FYI Bullseye doesn't have guns for this match -- just his usual assortment of throwing objects and sais. The first OP had him with basic firearms, but I realize now that was a foolish choice. Removed to keep things more balanced.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By G_Money_Christmas

Punisher/Bullseye

These battles are technically supposed to be whoever vs. whoever, not necessarily Marvel vs. DC, but every single one so far has been Marvel vs. DC.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to see what some people arguments look like ! This is a good match up !

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Punisher/Bullseye

These battles are technically supposed to be whoever vs. whoever, not necessarily Marvel vs. DC, but every single one so far has been Marvel vs. DC.

Snake Eyes vs. X-23 wasn't. He's technically IDW now. Regardless, there's a few big Marvel vs. DC ones I couldn't resist -- there will be more variety in due time.

Mythmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mythmatic

Bullseye>Deadshot

Punisher>Catman

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By jwalser3

Problem is, is that DeadShot has insane reflexes and senses(Tagging speedsters) but Bullseye has been able to dodge and deflect close range bullets and evade Cyclops optic blasts. But I gotta go with DeadShot here.

I don't know much about Catman an Punisher so I cant speak for them.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By IronAngelX

Despite my DC fanboyism, I have to call Punisher and Bullseye on this one

VonBarras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Punisher has killed thousands of criminals over his career could probably take deadshot from a range distance. Catman is a poor man's Daredevil and Bullseye has beaten Dardevil 4/10 times. Punisher/Bullseye for the win.

Merc20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: At the end of the day Punisher is the only true winner. That's three targets off his list of killers (once they dispose of Catman/Deadshot, I totally would imagine him taking out Bullseye from behind). Actually i would give Catman/Deadshot a bit of an advantage since they have experience working together, where as Punisher/Bullseye would try to take each other out at the first possible chance they can get.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd have to go with Punisher and Bullseye, on the account that they are effect both long range and close quarters.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

I wanna see the New Hyperion vs Superman, lets see the heavyweights. This would be great.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By herrweis

I think that The Punisher and bullseye together could beat anyone else. However Deadshot and cat man work extremely well together and I doubt that bullseye and the Punisher would work as well together.that would be the downfall of punished and bullseye

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So far I'm leaning towards Punisher and Bullseye. They seem to be the more well rounded team given that Frank is a competent shooter and fighter whilst Bullseye is an expert marksman and a mid tier fighter. Catman's a good fighter and Deadshot's a no nonsense shooter but they're not skilled in the other area. Frank and Lester could handle them at range and in close quarters too. I'll wait a while longer for some more arguments though.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I 'm still waiting for Thursday to cast my vote so pals try to convince me over which team takes it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lvenger

I wanna see the New Hyperion vs Superman, lets see the heavyweights. This would be great.

I would love to see this actually. The only issue would be whether Pre Flashpoint feats would be allowed. That would be unfair to Hyperion though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Batman casually avoids Deadshot's aim, Punisher casually hits the likes of Spider-Man and Wolverine. And Catman couldn't even hurt Bane. Punisher has tanked punches from Spider-Man and Bullseye has caught Gambit's cards with no harm and he has an adamantium spine, so all Bullseye needs to do is turn around and if he punches him, he will break his hand. Bullseye can then slip a sai into his ribcage.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Punisher and Bullseye take this. Don't get me wrong, the Secret Six duo is absolutely formidable (and I am a big fan, even if I like Frank a bit more), but the 50 feet distance are crucial here. Franks team starts with two ranged fighters, who are absolutely both on top of their game. Bullseye is almost flawless on range, but Frank is also a VERY good shot. Maybe not Deadshot good, but even if Deadshot could also be better than Bullseye, which is debatable, he has to contend with two snipers at once, while Catman can only evqde for the first few seconds and evading Franks and Bullseyes shots is not that easy.

IF the fight gets into close quarters its almost 50/50 and I would say too close too call, since Bullseye is slightly more skilled than Deadshot in hand to hand, but Catman is also a slightly better fighter than Frank.

Man, I love both those teams and would love to see that fight go down! Wow! Best match so far!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Am gonna go with Deadshot/Catman FTW here. Yes Punisher and Bullseye have a few advantages but the biggest factor is that Blake and Lawton are good friends that work real well together unlike Frank and Lester who hate each other and will try and solo.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I hate when you make me vote against my own team. :( But fortunately Deadshot and Catman were my least favorite S6ers. Bottom line is Catman is dead weight here -- Bullseye will outshoot Floyd and then the Marvel team, sadly, cleans up the mess.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlackHood

I think Punisher and Bullseye take this. Don't get me wrong, the Secret Six duo is absolutely formidable (and I am a big fan, even if I like Frank a bit more), but the 50 feet distance are crucial here. Franks team starts with two ranged fighters, who are absolutely both on top of their game. Bullseye is almost flawless on range, but Frank is also a VERY good shot. Maybe not Deadshot good, but even if Deadshot could also be better than Bullseye, which is debatable, he has to contend with two snipers at once, while Catman can only evqde for the first few seconds and evading Franks and Bullseyes shots is not that easy.

IF the fight gets into close quarters its almost 50/50 and I would say too close too call, since Bullseye is slightly more skilled than Deadshot in hand to hand, but Catman is also a slightly better fighter than Frank.

Man, I love both those teams and would love to see that fight go down! Wow! Best match so far!

I absolutely agree. I think the key is the range at the start of the fight. I am mostly a DC fan at heart, but Punisher is my first love. (First comic I ever read was Punisher #10 vs Daredevil in first grade). I think starting 50 feet apart means that potentially either Deadshot or Catman dies outright or is severely injured at the start of the fight. And I honestly see the fight going down more as Bullseye vs Deadshot and Punisher vs Catman because Frank knows how to handle guys with claws.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mm, holding my vote for now, but I'm banking on Team 1. I'm curious about Deadshot/Catman's ability to work together though, since some are citing it as an advantage. I've never read S6 before, is their synergy good enough to turn the tide?

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The punisher wins, he doesn't like crooks, so he works with Bullseye to kill Deadshot and Catman, since Bullseye skill would kill them unless they have Spider Sense/Radar Sense and then the Punisher kills Bullseye because he is a crook.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Pretty shocked by how much Deadshot is being underestimated by some. I really hope someone shows why he's not someone Punisher would easily eliminate at a distance.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot is better too good for Bullseye. Dc team stomps.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Deadshot is the best marksman here.

Batman casually avoids Deadshot's aim, Punisher casually hits the likes of Spider-Man and Wolverine. And Catman couldn't even hurt Bane. Punisher has tanked punches from Spider-Man and Bullseye has caught Gambit's cards with no harm and he has an adamantium spine, so all Bullseye needs to do is turn around and if he punches him, he will break his hand. Bullseye can then slip a sai into his ribcage.

@veshark said:

Mm, holding my vote for now, but I'm banking on Team 1. I'm curious about Deadshot/Catman's ability to work together though, since some are citing it as an advantage. I've never read S6 before, is their synergy good enough to turn the tide?

They were BFF's by the end of the series. They work well together.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: So do you think their synergy can outweigh Frank and Lester's all rounder abilities?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too close to call, definitely

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catman and Deadshot mainly because the two of them don't mess around, ever. Catman almost beat Batman on a few occasions, and that alone is quite the feat. Deadshot, especially in the New 52, has shown he can take down metahumans without too much effort and, even while suffering from a virus that messed with his accuracy, was still an absolutely deadly marksman. Deadshot and Catman also have shown versatility as they use even normal objects around them as weapons (anyone remember Deadshot knocking out thugs with cans of soup in Secret Six #1? And, in the most recent issue of Suicide Squad, he used scalpels as thrown weapons with deadly effect). I think this would be a great fight, but I have to give the edge to Deadshot and Catman. I think the Punisher's arsenal would be their biggest problem, but it'd take him longer to prep his guns than it would for Deadshot to tag him (arm guns vs. normal guns which would need to be pulled out of a trenchcoat or whatever). Bullseye, while a deadly marksman, also would have to take a moment to ready his weapons. Furthermore, I'd argue that Catman is by fire the best hand-to-hand fighter of the group and, based on his amazing tracking and stealth skills, could perhaps sneak away mid-fight and then jump one of his adversaries. It's even possible that Catman could attack the Punisher or Bullseye before either one can ready his firearm, giving him a chance to take them down before either one gets off a shot.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher and Bullseye. After Frank puts a bullet in the back of Bullseye head.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEGRAAF

lol this almost seems one sided.Maybe im wrong. Im a DC guy but Deadshot and Catman seem like lesser versions of Bullseye and Punisher.

Again maybe im wrong. I guess things would change alot if Batmans cape actually healed wounds.but here is that way i see it

Bullseye is a man that can use anything as a weapon (including the stones on the ground around him). Punisher is a walking arsenal with marksmanship worthy of Olympic championships.

Deadshot is a man with a very bullet resistant suit and great aim (on par with Bullseye). In this fight his best bet is his suit. Catman, seems like a crazy guy in a cat outfit and bladed brass knuckles.

EDIT: I should have waited to vote till i got more info on Catman. at this point i would probably change my vote. Its basically Bullseye with a bullet proof suit and hightened sense and Batman with guns working together vs Bullseye and Captain America without his healing abilities just fighting side by side but not together really

@k4tzm4n: I would like to see you do a Superman vs Batman one just because these feel like the most official Opinion polls we have.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have enough info on catman but I think Deadshot is the MVP. I think him and bullseye are about equal in accuracy but deadshot has the edge when it comes to reflexes and equipment.

BATMAN9797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

deadshot is a better marksman than bullseye and the punisher

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye and Punisher won't intentionally kill each other as listed in the rules. But Punisher would never try to work with Bullseye so I think Catman and Deadshot would win with teamwork.

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By kantrip

This one would be a tough call but since I'm all about the Scret Six love I'm going with Catman and Deadshot. It would be a bloody battle with victors on both sides.

I think if it was a Deadshot vs Bullseye / Catman vs Punisher pair off, then I would call the victors Bullseye and Catman. Both Bullseye and Deadshot are psychopaths and cold killers, but Floyd has been easily shaken in the past when an opponent gets under his skin. Bullseye however is a loose cannon and uses his rage to his advantage. So Bullseye would psych Deadshot out and get him dead to rights once he lost his cool. Catman and Punisher would be a tougher battle. If this was the emotionally cold Catman (from Cat's in the cradle) he would take some damage buy eventually wear frank down and cold execute him. If this was the Catman during other Secret Six arcs, he would struggle and with punisher but ultimately result to talking Frank out of fighting because of how useless it is.

If they are teamed up however, Deadshot/Catman wins for sure because of their history of teamwork, while Bullseye would be using any advantage he had including betraying Punisher.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 owie  Moderator

I'm going to wait to hear more about Catman, and I wish I had more of an in-practice sense of Deadshot's shooting style. I know he's essentially a perfect shot, but in practice I assume he hasn't killed too many superheroes. So why not? Is it all PIS, or does he just miss sometimes?

But right now I'm leaning towards Punisher/Bullseye due to their both having ranged weapons. This would be a tough 50' for anyone to close.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher/Bullseye ftw

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more of a marvel person but from what ive seen written so far I think Catman and Deadshot take it. Although punisher and bullseye will prob win because of popularity and being more well known. I look forward to seeing the remaining arguments. Even though my vote is cast( catman and deadshot)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulls eye has tagged Spider Man, Dare Devil, Electra, and a host of other Bullet Dodgers many times. no way in a cold day of hell is Catman closing the distance. Added in Punisher who Marksmanship has tagged Spider Man, Dare Devil, as well host of skill in shooting equal a super dead Catman.

Catman is by far the weak link. this is a range battle and Punisher as well Bullseye are the top 5 in Range Accuracy in Marvel. This is Bullseye and Frank vs Deadshot match. Bullseye wins as he can rochochet shots or kill people with Tooth Picks from 20 feet away!

No Caption Provided

Bullseye > Deadshot.

arw1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to go for the underdog in Catman and Deadshot because I know Punisher and Bullseye will probably win this.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Bullseye can turn anything into a weapon, which should give him the edge over Catman. Deadshot and Punisher neutralize one another, so Bullseye is probably last one standing.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By frogjitsu

@cadencev2: DD taken out by a paper airplane. Insane! Bullseye is ridiculous. He even got pass his pesky radar sense.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DC. Bullseye is the only person on the first team that can get out of the way of Deadshot's gunfire. As soon as Floyd is able to visibly see Frank, it's game over. He has the edge in draw speed (he was able to match meta-humans as fast as Slade Wilson) , perception and overall accuracy. In my opinion, he has the potential to tag Bullseye as well. The fact that he can hit ridiculous ricochet shots merely using his wrist cannons could solve the problem of Bullseye's speed. He has shown the ability to line up his shots fast enough to potentially tag Captain boomerang, who, if he was in this battle, would be the fastest here. it is fair to say that deadshot is the MVP.

For those of you who don't know who Catman is, he is a Batman-like anti-hero. A more brutal version of Bruce Wayne. He is arguably the best hand-to-hand-combatant in this matchup. He was able to fight Bronze Tiger to a brutal stalemate, as well as Bruce Wayne him self, both opponents who seemingly outclass Frank and Lester in terms of CQC. I Strongly believe that Catman could hold a majority over whomever he ends up fighting.

Team CatShot seems to have the dominant force in both long ranged combat, and close ranged combat, and that is why i strongly believe that they pull off the win.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Combatants are in character (Punisher/Bullseye will not intentionally try to harm one another. They aren't forced to work together, but they will not intentionally attack each other).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them.
  • Both characters have standard gear (For Bullseye, assume this includes basic firearms, sais and a large plethora of throwing objects and blades).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Catman and Deadshot:

Pros:

• Much better at working together than the other team
  • Catman is arguably the best h2h combatant here (based on his most recent showings, especially against Bronze Tiger)
  • Catman is the best at stealth and tracking here and he has quite a bit of cover in this matchup
  • Deadshot is arguably the best marksman here (via his marksmanship feats against speedsters)
  • Deadshot has his armor which includes various built in firearms and grenade launchers
  • The armor protects him from Punisher and Bullseye's attacks and enables him to shoot at them without having to take the time to pull out a weapon, as well as enhances his senses to superhuman levels, giving him a massive advantage over those two
  • Catman's Catarangs are diamond tipped and will cut through Punisher's armor like a knife through butter and make mincemeat out of everything Punisher and Bullseye are bringing save Bullseye's spine
  • Catman has a high pain tolerance, though quite as crazy as Punisher's
  • This team is more extreme than the other team, having either insane close range or insane long range skill but not both

Cons:

• Catman is outclassed in terms of marksmanship by everyone else here
  • Catman's Catarangs, daggers, claws, etc. are only deadly at close to medium range
  • Deadshot is the least skilled h2h combatant here
  • Catman does not have any armor
  • This team is more extreme than the other team, having either insane close range or insane long range skill but not both

Punisher and Bullseye

Pros:

• Punisher has the most ludicrous pain tolerance here
  • Punisher, although not as skilled as Bullseye or Deadshot, is still a very skilled marksman
  • Punisher always has a crap load of firearms and explosives on him
  • Both Bullseye and Punisher have long range and close range weapons
  • Punisher usually wears a kevlar vest and Bullseye has an adamantium spine. Although neither are anywhere near the protection of Deadshot's armor, they are better off than Catman in terms of protection (although Bullseye is barely better, as his spine only grants him resistance to spinal injuries, better is still better)
  • Bullseye may be outclassed in marksmanship by Deadshot, but not by a huge amount
  • Punisher may be outclassed in h2h by Catman, but not by a huge amount
  • This team is more all around than the other team, possessing neither extreme strengths or weaknesses

Cons:

• This team is more all around than the other team, possessing neither extreme strengths or weaknesses
  • Deadshot's armor is drastically better than anything Punisher or Bullseye are bringing to this fight
  • Punisher and Bullseye are outclassed in close range combat by Catman and the toys he brings
  • Bullseye is outclassed in terms of stealth and tracking as is Punisher (but not by as much) so if Catman can get to cover he can pick them off

Taking into account all the variables of this fight, including where they start and how much cover there is (namely, a lot), I say Catman and Deadshot take this. Deadshot's armor is better than everything Punisher and Bullseye normally bring to a fight put together. While he holds them both off at range, Catman dives into cover and goes into ninja/ hunter mode. Deadshot's various built in firearms and grenade launchers will enable him to tank (to a degree) Punisher and Bullseye's shots and any explosives they might have brought while returning fire and possibly injuring or even killing them. Punisher and Bullseye will have to split up and take cover to survive Deadshot, which makes them a prime target for Catman. Now, Punisher and Bullseye can win, but they have to bring Catman down immediately and then move to cover before Deadshot can kill them both... which is highly unlikely. Theoretically, if Catman jumps Punisher Punisher can hold him off for a time, while Bullseye holds off Deadshot... but both will lose that matchup. In short, the only way Punisher and Bullseye win this is if they can kill Catman, an incredibly fast and skilled target, before Deadshot, the best marksman here with the best tools here, can kill or injure one/ both of them. That is highly unlikely. I give Catman and Deadshot a 9 out of ten. That may sound like a slaughter but it will be hard fought battle regardless of how they win, or on the off chance Punisher and Bullseye win.

Spartnqbrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have been a better matchup if it was Deadshot & Deathstroke Vs. Punisher & Bulleye.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartnqbrn:

No then Deadshot and Deathstroke would stomp

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points