• 151 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Movie Dredd vs. Movie Batman (504 votes)

Movie Dredd 52%
Movie Batman 40%
Too close to call 7%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (both sides think the other is a villain).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such).
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
 • 
Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@granitesoldier: I thought Air Force One is shielded from nuclear blast pulses, wouldn't that cover an EMP too? But anyway movie are movies and fighting scenarios, are fighting scenarios.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@avilon:

Air Force One is not, I used to think it was as well. I worked with a Master Sergeant who spent 12 years at Andrews AFB on the President's QRF emergency extraction team. He's the one who corrected me, and the man knows more about it than I would ever care to. He also taught me about the NEACP, which is out at Offutt AFB. Why the President's main plane, the one close to him, isn't prepared for such a contingency I don't know. But I am not the President, a Joint Chief of Staff, a Cabinet member, or even a flyer so the reasons will probably never be told to me. Anyways, it still has nothing to do with the fight but it is interesting information.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By LordRequiem

@marvel_dc_heroes_villains: No it wasn't, it was taking down a group of at least seven (I think more) men simultaneously in the narrows, from Batman Begins when Carmine Falconi sees him.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Artoreus

@granitesoldier: huh, the things you would actually think would be on Air Force One, well someone isn't getting their moneys worth on that thing, IMO. But back to the ranch....

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avilon: they use their weapons in the radioactive desert also but this is the movie. Batmans EMP had limited AOE range and Dredd can fire on him before a) Batman can trigger it b) the gun shuts down but already fired bullets won't. Also if Dredds out of the range of the EMP the NVG in his helmet would still pick up Bats, so unless he pulls a teleported out of his ass he can't close on Dredd fast enough to not get shot. If this fight started out with them hunting one another I might be tempted to give it to Bats, but them starting in plain sight is not good for Bruce.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these people who bring up the EMP device is really not knowing what they are talking about.

Just to prove how crappy the EMP device is!

Loading Video...

Skip to 2:30. Activates it and lights go out. Then lights come right back on after 20 seconds!

Skip to 3:15. A simple Electronic Detonation Device is unfazed! Bane uses simple Encoded Radios as well unhindered.

The argument of EMP is full of holes and shows no reason to work on anything other than Lights.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@manchine said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

I'm shocked that Dredd is actually winning this.

Why most people know its obvious that dredd wins this. Pretty much the only thing Batman has over Dredd is HtH.

Yeah but still a lot of these things land up being more of a popularity contest from what I've seen in other debates.

True.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: @wavemotioncannon: Those systems could have bee shut off before the activation of the EMP, an EMP only works on electronics that were turned on because it overloads their electronic systems (one already off before activation would not be affected, so radiated areas doesn't really matter their no danger of an EMP), also the other lights in the background could have been back ups switched on after, further out could be shielded by the concrete or out of range of the EMP. An EMP's range depends on the charge given to it before its activation. It is highly probable that Batman could give the EMP a higher charge, or he could not, that is really conjecture. Also he can use the EMP multiple times which hypothetically if he is range could shut of Dreads gun. But really it is a probability crap shoot either way.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Pokergeist

@avilon said:

@cadencev2: @wavemotioncannon: Those systems could have bee shut off before the activation of the EMP, an EMP only works on electronics that were turned on because it overloads their electronic systems (one already off before activation would not be affected, so radiated areas doesn't really matter their no danger of an EMP), also the other lights in the background could have been back ups switched on after, further out could be shielded by the concrete or out of range of the EMP. An EMP's range depends on the charge given to it before its activation. It is highly probable that Batman could give the EMP a higher charge, or he could not, that is really conjecture. Also he can use the EMP multiple times which hypothetically if he is range could shut of Dreads gun. But really it is a probability crap shoot either way.

Listen to your argument. No facts, all "probable" nonsense.

Your argument is flawed at best with no facts.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything in this debate is probable because its all hypothetical based on what we know from the movies which is limited and movies can also be notorious for inconsistencies (ie. why didn't Lucius just flood the reactor instead of turning it over, or why didn't the CIA plane see Banes plane or pick it up on radar or something like that). As for the EMP part I think I talk about it on the other response.

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the Nolan trilogy. Some of the worse Batman films. The only thing that carried those movies was the Batman namesake. I hope Nolan leaves DCU alone. That being said I pick Dredd. Considering the budget when compared to the Batman movies, it was leaps and bounds better.

Batmanikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I love Batman. And it's un-deniable that for a while he would take the lead . However this is an occasion where I must admit that the judge,jury and executioner would win.A huge thing to bare in mind is that quite often in the trilogy, Bruce's emotions get the better of him. And though he kicks ass hard, dredd kicks it harder.I also think Dredd is much better at using what's around him for cover . Where as movie Batts is just like "WHAT UP I GOT A CAPE !" So in a sense this makes Dredd more agile,rolling around for cover and such.

So my vote is for dredd.

Oh and is there any chance of getting a Toby Maguire VS Andrew Garfield Spider-Man? I think that would be cool to see how the votes would balance out

RandomAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd.

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By wolverine1610

Dredd because movie batman is probably the worst handling of a hero in hollywood i've ever seen. sloppy punches in the same spot for 50 punches in a row, horrible detective work. terrible terrible terrible

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd does not start off shooting because he has to deliver a sentance to bats.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these people who bring up the EMP device is really not knowing what they are talking about.

Skip to 2:30. Activates it and lights go out. Then lights come right back on after 20 seconds!

Skip to 3:15. A simple Electronic Detonation Device is unfazed! Bane uses simple Encoded Radios as well unhindered.

The argument of EMP is full of holes and shows no reason to work on anything other than Lights.

They come back on because Bane actually hit Batman and jhe must accidentally turn off the EMP device. Before it worked just fine on motorcycle and on paparazzi's cameras. And how much time Batman needs to hit Dreed with sleeping dart, anyway? He shoot all those mercenaries very fast.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard said:

@cadencev2 said:

They come back on because Bane actually hit Batman and jhe must accidentally turn off the EMP device. Before it worked just fine on motorcycle and on paparazzi's cameras. And how much time Batman needs to hit Dreed with sleeping dart, anyway? He shoot all those mercenaries very fast.

EMP does not turn stuff on and off. WTH?! It burns crap out, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Lame.......

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MonsterStomp
@kingrobbstark said:

I hated the Nolan trilogy. Some of the worse Batman films. The only thing that carried those movies was the Batman namesake. I hope Nolan leaves DCU alone. That being said I pick Dredd. Considering the budget when compared to the Batman movies, it was leaps and bounds better.

Firstly, you're debating way out of context here. This is Dredd vs Batman, not Dredd vs The Dark Knight trilogy.

Secondly, the Dark Knight trilogy was far from the worst of the Batman films. Nolan did an excellent job with Batman.

Thirdly, Dredd didn't even profit, it had a loss, and hit an average 7 on IMDb. Nolan's trilogy profited over 1.6 billion dollars and averaged an 8.63 on IMDb.

Now I can't change your opinion but Nolan's trilogy is the most successful to date and Nolan delivered exactly what was promised, realism in a superhero film.

Dredd wins this fight though.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The EMP works, if it is so crappy it would not have knocked out the lights in the first place. (EMP's fry electronics to shut them off). That means the lights turned on afterwards aren't the same ones. they were off before the EMP. From the video it also seems as though the EMP has a range of over fifty feet. This means that Dreads gun is probably fried too from Batman's EMP.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Pokergeist

@avilon said:

The EMP works, if it is so crappy it would not have knocked out the lights in the first place. (EMP's fry electronics to shut them off). That means the lights turned on afterwards aren't the same ones. they were off before the EMP. From the video it also seems as though the EMP has a range of over fifty feet. This means that Dreads gun is probably fried too from Batman's EMP.

Assumptions, the mother of all **** ups.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm mildly amused that the EMP is still being hotly debated...

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Okay, lets clarify it:

Weapon: Dredd wins with his advanced future tech

Skill: Nolan Batman has 3 movie to showcase his skills and not-so-effective fighting technique, while Dredd has only 1 movie [and I really want a sequel T^T] ----- So Batman wins 7/10

Plan and Strategy: Dredd has to due with a whole building of mob, thugs and highly trained judges going after him. Those people who say he doesn't show much fighting, here is why: Would you just go H2H with all those people? even you're obviously out-numbered. He formed his strategy, save ammunition, call for back-up, and fight those mob. He done all this while protecting a rookie. Now, what has Batman done? hanged his cape for 8 yrs after his sort of girlfriend died?

Dredd wins 8/10 ....

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By sync1

Dredd is going to have to play this smart and keep it at a distance in order to win. If things come close, Dredd simply doesn't have the h2h feats to hold his own against The Dark Knight.

Although, Bruce isn't exactly a dumb person. I doubt he'll straight up charge Dredd.

With the cover in between them and Batman's superior agility, Batman can definitely avoid the gunfire and try to go for a quick take down using one of his batarangs or another toy in his utility belt.The thing about this, is that Dredd has some other nasty equipment other than guns, like the incendiary gun.

I've yet to see a good feat of him being able to survive explosions as tough as Dredd's.

Now the question is; Can Bruce get close enough to take him down?

I am gonna lean towards no.

Bruce may be agile, but Dredd is smart and can keep this fight at a distance. He definitely has the tools to do so. Batman hasn't really impressed me when it comes to durability.

Therefore, Dredd defeats The Dark Knight.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trauma said:

He defeated an amazing and skilled fighter, bane. He also managed to climb out of an almost inescapable prison and lets not forget getting rid of a nuke before it exploded

You realise that you just listed out all the plot holes in TDK trilogy right? Those "feats" are ridiculous in a so called "realistic" comic book movie.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MonsterStomp
Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@cadencev2 said:

Thank god all the mommas basement dwelling comic lovers who think in real life you can dodge bullets with back flips are not in our Nations Military, Police Force, or even Mall Security. That crap does not work in real life.

People need to get a dose of reality. Range Firepower of 6 different weapon systems > 6 foot man dress like a bat trying to sneak around for H2H fight.

As a military member, this made me laugh. And laugh hard. I approve this message.

As for the fight Dredd just brings the more rounded battle plan. I gave my winded explanation, but it really gives him a huge advantage.

@granitesoldier said:

I love Batman, including the Nolan movies, and don't like Dredd too much as a character, even though his movie was fun, but I am giving my vote to Dredd.

When it comes to hand to hand, yes, Batman has been better trained, but training does not mean you are automatically a better fighter. That's a fallacy. Batman's two fights against Bane, while entertaining, did not make him impressive or show off any great skill. In fact, he seemed a bit amateurish. He was stiff, and gave off the impression as more of a brawler than trained fighter. His best hand to hand showing was against Ras Al-Ghul, but even there Ras had the upper hand till just before the impending train collapse distracted Ras. Dredd's fighting is far from refined, and lacks finesse, but it is direct, brutal, and effective. Dredd would hit with the intent to break, and maim, not simply incapacitate as Batman would.

Tactically, Bruce in the Nolan movies is not shown to be the expert he is in the comic books. Not to say he isn't tactically savvy, but no more so than the average trained combatant. Perhaps his best moment was in TDK against the SWAT team, but he had Fox's help. Not to mention police and military forces are always reduced to a level of laughable incompetence in most superhero formats. Dredd showed sound tactical awareness of his environment, and what ammunition was best to use based on the situation. His approach is more run-and-gun, but it is not devoid of thought. I'd say they're about equal in this department.

Ranged, Dredd has a significant advantage. Let's face it, guns shoot further than bat-a-rangs can be thrown. Plus Dredd' variety of ammunition types allow him to adjust as Batman closes in, whereas Batman has only really shown his standard bat-a-rangs and his knock-out darts. Batman's best option is his EMP weapon (which we only saw once in three movies, so I don't think it is standard) to knock out street lights and close the distance, but Dredd can still shoot at close range. Dredd is also a very good shot, starting at 50 feet, it's entirely possible that Dredd can hurt Batman with a few good shots. Batman's suit is bullet-resistant, not bullet-proof, so it stands to reason that the rounds will still hurt and not be shrugged off. Hell, when it comes to Bat's suit remember that a dog bit through the old one in TDK and his new suit had a knife get through it.

The big edge for me here is mindset. Both perceive the other as a villain. Which means Dredd, from the word go, will be willing to use, and will use, lethal force. Batman doesn't kill, and holds back because of this. In the real world, seeking to capture an enemy that can and is trying to kill you puts you at greater risk yourself, and that is what will happen here. Also, in the real world, a gun vs fists the gun has an edge every time. I know neither character exists in the real world, but their characters are portrayed as being such. Dredd goes for the execution, and holds nothing back. He is fanatically committed to "justice", and nothing will stop him.

I give this to movie Dredd 8/10 times.

I want to write military and police in comics can you PM me how they should be? Thanks.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard said:

@cadencev2 said:

EMP does not turn stuff on and off. WTH?! It burns crap out, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Lame.......

Apparently this version does, or this is movie mistake, a plot hole. Also we only call this EMP, but we don't know what this device really is. In every other instance it worked perfectly: in TDK it even turn off all lights in Lau building. And as I said: EMP, stealth and sleeping darts FTW

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: What assumption is that? Is it the assumption that Lights that have their electronics fried to shut off magically turn back on? With their internals perfectly fine to work again? Or is it the assumption that Dreads gun has this magical shielding which we can't see in movies but we know is there?

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Artoreus

In the "Judge Dredd Inferno 2000 AD progs 842-853" Renegade ex-judge Grice and hundreds of dangerous escaped prisoners stole a fleet of spaceships and crashed one into the Grand Hall. The electromagnetic pulse disabled the doors and security systems and enabled the attackers to seize the Grand Hall. It looks like in comic Dread world EMPs work too. The evidence so far seems to suggest that Batman has an EMP, Batman's EMP should fry Dread's gun, and Dread without the lawgiver will probably lose to Batman.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going with Dredd.

also gonna watch Dredd again tonight.

fuck yeah Dredd!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avilon said:

In the "Judge Dredd Inferno 2000 AD progs 842-853" Renegade ex-judge Grice and hundreds of dangerous escaped prisoners stole a fleet of spaceships and crashed one into the Grand Hall. The electromagnetic pulse disabled the doors and security systems and enabled the attackers to seize the Grand Hall. It looks like in comic Dread world EMPs work too. The evidence so far seems to suggest that Batman has an EMP, Batman's EMP should fry Dread's gun, and Dread without the lawgiver will probably lose to Batman.

Not the same universe as the movie at all. Nice try. I could argue in the Time Burton Batman his tech was very low caliber and never used a EMP in that at all.

C'mon... lets try to use reasoning of the "source material" instead of comparing different versions.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#134  Edited By SoA

DREDD .

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Artoreus

@cadencev2: I know they are different, I mention that this was comic Dredd. It does stand to reason though that sense the movie is based off the comic, that their is no evidence to support in the movie that the gun is shielded, that it probably is not shielded and EMP's would work against the gun. (Unless their is a directors cometary on the movie that would say otherwise, they some times talk about some stuff they don't totally revel in the movies.) On a side note I don't thing Dredd would kill the Tim Burton version but probably think he was a run away clown imo.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avilon said:

@cadencev2: I know they are different, I mention that this was comic Dredd. It does stand to reason though that sense the movie is based off the comic, that their is no evidence to support in the movie that the gun is shielded, that it probably is not shielded and EMP's would work against the gun. (Unless their is a directors cometary on the movie that would say otherwise, they some times talk about some stuff they don't totally revel in the movies.) On a side note I don't thing Dredd would kill the Tim Burton version but probably think he was a run away clown imo.

I am still not convince it was EMP. Prove to me that suppose "EMP Device" affects tech other than lights. And do not bring up the larger and specifically made Cell Phone/Sonar Device he used in DK.

See how easy it is for me to twist this?

Vaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Vaen

I'm giving this to Batman, no contest. As I mentioned in the comments in the thread on the main page if this is Nolan's Batman then the events of Gotham Knight (canon, as it takes place between the events of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) would count. In Gotham Knight Bruce faces off against both Deadshot and Killer Croc, with Deadshot being Dredd's superior in the realm of marksmanship and Croc being his superior in physical strength.

In the Deadshot story of Gotham Knight, Bruce is shown deflecting one of Deadshot's (one of the best marksmen in the DCU) bullets from killing Gordon. He then confronts him in a confined, well-lit space (subway tunnel) where he not only survives, but ultimately sneaks behind Deadshot and disarms and then incapcitates him. If Batman can do that to the greatest shots in the world in a confined, well-lit space, then I don't think Dredd stands a chance if they start out at 50 feet, at night, in the middle of a town with a great deal of cover between them. Bruce could just use an EMP to short the limited lighting available (at the same time likely making Dredd's gun useless as it's computerized and not entirely mechanical), which he's shown capable of as early as Batman Begins and then use any array of stealth techniques to distract, sneak up to, and ultimately take out Dredd. He doesn't even need to get close, he could just use one of the darts from The Dark Knight Rises and take him from a distance without making a sound. This isn't even accounting for the fact that Bruce could also remotely call either of his two vehicles with serious firepower (the Tumbler and the Bat) to aide him, or use the remote sonar device from Batman Begins to call a swarm of bats as a noisey, thermal distraction as he closes whatever distance he may or may not need to.

Now, assuming this goes from ranged to up close and physical then you've got to account for Bruce's ability to not only deal with multiple, trained individuals at once (see where he handidly defeats multiple members of the League of Shadows simultaneously by himself in Batman Begins), but individuals that are also his physical superior as shown in the In Darkness Dwells story of Gotham Knight. In that story Bruce faces off against Killer Croc who bites Batman as his teeth are laced with Scarecrow's fear toxin, thereby transferring the toxin to him and disorienting him. Despite this Bruce manages to take down Croc, which is a significant feat itself, one which Dredd can't match. So, in terms of hand to hand Batman would still wind handidly.

I'm not even touching on the areas where Batman's been shown to dodge automatic gunfire (Gotham Knight and Dark Knight Rises), and regardless of whether or not you think that's ridiculous it still happened. Nor am I factoring in other gadgets like bombs, night-vision, etc. Dredd's only hope at winning this is to score a direct hit with a grenade, which I'm sorry isn't likely to happen.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Dredd, easy. He has more resources, more people working with him and is not afraid to go for the kill. Batman ends up as a charred corpse in about 2 minutes.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like movie batman and cap wouldve been a better battle. instead of a guy who has a 1000 guns in on vs a guy who doesnt use one

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Artoreus
Loading Video...

@cadencev2: Well according to the Batman wiki its an EMP in his belt. This is also further supported by the fact that he uses an EMP smaller then a cell phone to disable the cameras when arrives at charity ball (opening scene) and his latter use of the EMP gun. So the facts seem to suggest that the EMP is in his belt. Also according to imdb, IGN, and several other sources Batman's mastery of the technology is such that he can create a pulse to disrupt or activate cameras, computers, lights, and other electronic devices at a given range of his choice(by this I mean he can chose the range to which he wants to disrupt electronic with in reason). (ling for the Batman wiki http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_%28Christian_Bale%29). So the evidence so far would suggest that the device in his belt is an EMP and it would knock out Dredd's Lawgiver and Dredd with out the Lawgiver will probably lose.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dredd wins easy

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman hands down! Since he has a cooler voice. :)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason Batman has that many votes is due to popularity. Dredd shoots Batman in the face. Game Over.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_money_christmas: Dude... Dredd was terrible. I'm sorry but it just was. It really was about nothing. No story. No impact. Way too style>substance. It was a mindless fucking action movie that served no purpose in fucking anything. I thought it was mediocore at best when I first watched it then I was dragged to watch it again with my friends. Thought what the hell, since I liked it enough the first time. Then I realised how meaningless a movie it was.

That's why I liked it. It was an action movie with lots of action and I thought it had a simple but great story. They're trapped and they have to get out and kick some butt in the process. I love Nolan's first 2 Batman movies. The Dark Knight is in my Top 5 favorite movies ever but I felt The Dark Knight Rises just lacked. I was hoping for a great story because Bane is one of the best Batman villains, but I was bored for 2.5 hours. I felt Dredd and Total Recall made up for it. Oh, and also, that's your opinion on the movie. You thought it sucked, I thought it was awesome.

Also, watch your language. There's no reason to cuss, you can get your point across just as well without cussing.

G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight: And that's your opinion. I was bored throughout the whole movie. I thought the story was bland. I was expecting another The Dark Knight and another amazing story but I was severely let down. Maybe I set my hopes too high but for the finale, I wanted it to go out with a bang, something unexpected, but that ending was very cliche. Oh, guess what happens! The same thing that has happened in countless other movies! In the end, you have your opinion, I have mine. I refuse to have that movie in my collection. In my personal opinion, The Dark Knight saga ended with the Joker being captured.

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By monsterduc

Batarang to knock Dredd's gun out of his hand, Bats kicks Dredd in the chops, fight over.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@flashknight: And that's your opinion. I was bored throughout the whole movie. I thought the story was bland. I was expecting another The Dark Knight and another amazing story but I was severely let down. Maybe I set my hopes too high but for the finale, I wanted it to go out with a bang, something unexpected, but that ending was very cliche. Oh, guess what happens! The same thing that has happened in countless other movies! In the end, you have your opinion, I have mine. I refuse to have that movie in my collection. In my personal opinion, The Dark Knight saga ended with the Joker being captured.

Disagree, but freedom of opinion right? :D

G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight: Yep. I work with one guy and he's absolutely astounded that I don't like the movie. He knows I love comics and he doesn't read them, but he loves the movies. He just can't fathom why I don't like it. I wanted to read Knightfall before I saw the movie so I finished it right before and I think that it barely following Knightfall bothered me too (yes, I know that Nolan's universe doesn't follow the comics).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avilon said:

@cadencev2: Well according to the Batman wiki its an EMP in his belt. This is also further supported by the fact that he uses an EMP smaller then a cell phone to disable the cameras when arrives at charity ball (opening scene) and his latter use of the EMP gun. So the facts seem to suggest that the EMP is in his belt. Also according to imdb, IGN, and several other sources Batman's mastery of the technology is such that he can create a pulse to disrupt or activate cameras, computers, lights, and other electronic devices at a given range of his choice(by this I mean he can chose the range to which he wants to disrupt electronic with in reason). (ling for the Batman wiki http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_%28Christian_Bale%29). So the evidence so far would suggest that the device in his belt is an EMP and it would knock out Dredd's Lawgiver and Dredd with out the Lawgiver will probably lose.

Wikis are fallible Fan Bias BS and have no credibility.

As for the charity ball, funny how no one complain or mention their Cell Hones, I Phones, Pace Makers, ect never shut down. Just the lights.

You say Batman's mastery of technology, he has none! He has hired RnD researchers making this crap.

Evidence you support so far is all Fan made up BS.

The only reason Batman has that many votes is due to popularity. Dredd shoots Batman in the face. Game Over.

Pretty much.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Artoreus

The cameras shut off for one, and those are computer controlled. Also he just wanted the cameras off. As for the wiki's I know they are biased but given what they say is in tandem with his EMP gun, the ballroom event, and the Bane fight scene, all correlate to show that the equipment he uses in all three scenarios is indicative of an EMP. My question to you would be do you have anything to support it's not? There are to many correlating factors in the same area to suggest anything else other than an EMP. Whether Bruce comes up with it or RnD is inconsequential, he is still afforded the mastery over those fields by what technology he has access too.