• 151 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (43443 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Movie Dredd vs. Movie Batman (502 votes)

Movie Dredd 52%
Movie Batman 40%
Too close to call 7%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (both sides think the other is a villain).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such).
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
#1 Posted by Black_Arrow (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

I will wait to know more of Dredd

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (43443 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you have until next Friday to check out the film!

Staff
#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Dread. Going with Movie Dread.

1. He Kills.
  2. Has every conceivable weapons advantage.
  3. Good Shot.
  4. Competent and tactical.
  5. Range > Close Combat in the real world kiddies.

Dread has this, even if he had only one movie to Nolan's three.

#4 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd! Batman may have more stealth and skill but he won't kill. Dredd will not stop until you're dead if your judgment is death. Plus, I thought Dredd was 100 times better than TDKR... what a crap movie. I was so disappointed. Nonetheless, Dredd wins.

@k4tzm4n This is one of my favorite battles of the week. Awesome choice! Did we have a Batman vs. battle this month? I don't remember seeing one

#5 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by CadenceV2 (12553 posts) - 1 minute, 59 seconds ago - Show Bio

Dread. Going with Movie Dread.

He Kills.

Has every conceivable weapons advantage.

Good Shot.

Competent and tactical.

Range > Close Combat in the real world kiddies.

Dread has this, even if he had only one movie to Nolan's three.

QFT

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@black_arrow said:

Well, you have until next Friday to check out the film!

In other words you should go and buy the DVD 'coz it's awesome

#7 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5052 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd puts Bats down permanently.

#8 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan Batman using stealth and he can disappear Like that on Dredd but it going to be a really hard fight.

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (43443 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas said:

Dredd! Batman may have more stealth and skill but he won't kill. Dredd will not stop until you're dead if your judgment is death. Plus, I thought Dredd was 100 times better than TDKR... what a crap movie. I was so disappointed. Nonetheless, Dredd wins.

@k4tzm4n This is one of my favorite battles of the week. Awesome choice! Did we have a Batman vs. battle this month? I don't remember seeing one

Not yet! I reserve DBAW for the end of the month! May be a bit late because I have a super busy couple of weeks ahead of me.

Staff
#10 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of them have combat feats to get them anywhere near the levels of their comic counterparts. They've both defeated nameless, featless grunts, and Batman's fight with Ra's al Ghul was won via the medium of train crash, whilst his beating of Bane was through brutal brawling and what looked like a lucky shot to his mask, rather than proper skill. Dredd has faced other Judges, but managed to get shot by one of them. They can both take a hell of a lot of punishment, but in the end Dredd wins this. Nolan's Bruce's most impressive feat was the Brother Eye-style surveillance, which is not much use in a straight fight, especially not against the sheer volume of firepower possessed by the Judge.

#11 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_dc_heroes_villains said:

Neither of them have combat feats to get them anywhere near the levels of their comic counterparts. They've both defeated nameless, featless grunts, and Batman's fight with Ra's al Ghul was won via the medium of train crash, whilst his beating of Bane was through brutal brawling and what looked like a lucky shot to his mask, rather than proper skill. Dredd has faced other Judges, but managed to get shot by one of them. They can both take a hell of a lot of punishment, but in the end Dredd wins this. Nolan's Bruce's most impressive feat was the Brother Eye-style surveillance, which is not much use in a straight fight, especially not against the sheer volume of firepower possessed by the Judge.

He got shot because he ran out of ammo. He'd killed who knows how many (Anyone know?I never counted) people in Peach Trees and simply didn't have enough ammo left. He was smart enough to buy himself some time. It's not like he got shot in a straight gun battle, he was pretty much going to get shot no matter what he did.

#12 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas: That's a fair point, although it still isn't particularly impressive for the character. Even if by that point he had shown more combat aptitude than movie Batman, his getting shot is a slight negative mark against Dredd's speed/agility (I feel that Batman, even if he was out of gadgets, like Dredd was out of ammo, can more easily avoid being tagged). I still voted for Dredd because his firepower outclasses Batman's skills.

PS. If this was Adam West Movie Batman, then he'd just get his anti-Dredd spray and POW! Game over.

#13 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Vigilantism is against THE LAW.

Seriously, should I need to go any deeper than that?

#14 Posted by kantrip (141 posts) - - Show Bio

The bat can't win this one. Going to Movie Dredd.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas: The bodycount in Dredd is 100+ but I don't know how much of that was actually Jo

#16 Posted by fil123 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

nolans batman has showed on numerous times he can easily avoid gun shots.

If bats gets close to dredd its game over for dredd, batman has better h2h (beating bane who is tougher than dredd imo).

i think bats dodges enough shots and gets close for some h2h.... where batman takes it

#17 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Dredd. I don't think Bat's would get close enough and this version of Dredd is more adaptable. Look at the types of ammo his Lawgiver has (pulled from http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dredd_(2012)

The weapon's various fire modes include:

• Rapid Fire (fully automatic).
  • Armor piercing rounds.
  • Incendiary rounds. These appear to be white phosphorus.
  • Stun. A electric less lethal round that incapacitates the target.
  • "Hot Shot." A superheated round capable of melting flesh. In the Judge Dredd comics these are heat seeking rounds that track targets based on their specific heat signature. However, it is not clear whether they retain this feature in the film.
  • "Hi-Ex" (High Explosive).
  • Silencer Mode. The Lawgiver features a built in suppressor that retracts into the frame when not in use.

He can go silent if need be and pretty sure Dredd can take more damage than Bat's. As for the feat on Bat's end, he did beat Bane, but his record with him is 1-1. He was totally destroyed in the first match and got lucky in the second.

#18 Posted by Jonez120 (4321 posts) - - Show Bio

Its nighttime. You need to be able to aim to see. Bats takes it for this reason and this one only.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_dc_heroes_villains said:

He got shot because he ran out of ammo. He'd killed who knows how many (Anyone know?I never counted) people in Peach Trees and simply didn't have enough ammo left. He was smart enough to buy himself some time. It's not like he got shot in a straight gun battle, he was pretty much going to get shot no matter what he did.

It was a judge who shot him wasnt it? I thought it was IIRC, been a few months since I seen it. Which is not a low showing at all when Judges are the special forces of special forces in the Dread universe.

Thats like Batman getting tagged by Bane. Both are League of Shadows. dread tagged by a Judge. Both are Judges.

Not at all a low showing.

#22 Posted by TommytheHitman (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd arrests Batman for multiple counts of unlicensed weaponry. Dredd is so awesome.

#23 Posted by MgMontgomery (7 posts) - - Show Bio

As much stealth and dodging speed "Comic book Batman" has "Movie Batman" cant possibly doge all of "Movie Judge's" shots. To think that would be pure insanity. As for Hand-to-Hand combat Movie Batman would land a bunch of hits due to his vigorous training in the League of Shadows, but its Dredd's ability to deal a killing blow and not think twice about it is what takes it in my opinion. As an added not for the "Movie Batman vs Bane round 2" fight goes, if it wasn't for Catwomans' intervention Bane would have killed Batman.

#24 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Future tech vs Bale's-not-so-advanced-tech

#25 Posted by ColaNicole (586 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that separates them is Dredds willingness to kill. He then takes the suit, and goes to Man of Steel 2 as Batman.

#26 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Think if Comic Batman vs Movie Batman will always be Comic Batman as the winner, then Movie Judge Dredd will beat Movie Batman too.

#27 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't get how so many people think Dredd takes this. I can only imagine that its the Nolan Batman hate that seems to permeate the internet since last year. Whatever.

Dredd shows no skill in the movie that puts him above Bruces level and the argument that he uses guns and kills, is pretty stupid. Like Bruce has never faced guys who are great shots with guns and that are willing to kill him.

Dredd only has his firearm skills, which aren't exactly WOW (yeah, he is a good shot, but lets not kid ourselfes, nothing he shows is a greater use of a firearm than we see John McClane do, or similar characters) and shows not much hand to hand combat skill.

The first other judge who attacks him gives him a pretty hard fight and almost takes him out, while Bruce is depicted fighting 9 or ten guys at the same time and taking them out easily. And no, Dredd fighting the other Judge is not on par with Bane beating Batman, since Bane fought not a Batman in his prime and had low superhuman strength (lifting Bruce up in that way is almost as impossible as punching holes in a stone pillar. Even if its not stated, its clear Bane has upped strength due to his "medication").

Bruce also shows that he can dogde gunfire, no matter the range. Sure Dent tagged him, but he was in talk mode, not fight mode. Apart from that he couldn't do anything else without risking that Harvey harms the boy. Remember in TDKR, Bruce dodges a guy firing at him with an AK, who is merely a few feet away and in Begins he dodges gunfire at the docks, in TDK in the chinese office building and in the pruwett building at the end.

Sure, Dredd has an advantage on range, but movie Bats vanishes just like his comic counterpart, so his gun won't bring Dredd that much of a bonus, especially if Bruce uses his EMP gun or his EMP device on his belt. With the lawmaker being such a technical weapon and not a mere gun, I bet it would short out if Batman uses the EMP. Other than that he can use his grapling gun to get Dredd closer to him, use Batarangs or bombs. He has a much wider arsenal than Dredd.

If Batman cannot stealth takedown Dredd (which I think he could, because his dissappearing act in the movies is pretty impressive) because of Dredds helmet using infrared or something like that, it would end in a fistfight. Batman is a MUUUUUUUUCH better hand to hand combatant and Dredd wouldn't even last 10 seconds! Just because you don't like the way the action scenes are handled in Nolans movies and you think Dredd fights "cooler", doesn't mean anything. Fact is that Bats takes out a much higher number of guys in a single fight than Dredd does. He is, therefore, a better fighter.

Can not believe the BIAS against movie Batman around here. He may not be on the comic versions level, but apart from super powered characters, he would take out anything you throw at him, when he is in his prime.

#28 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shallbecomeabattoo: LOL dread takes this.

People bring up the Dread getting shot. No crap he was shot. He ran out of Ammo and then was shot through a wall by anti vehicle rounds from another highly trained Judge!

Batman is not dodging what he cannot see either. Dread not only lives through this huge damaging shot, but fights on just fine.

Dread also has Gas Grenades and fights just fine in smoke conditions. He also has Super Flash Bangs that affect you whether you look at it or not!

Dread skill is alot better than ANY thug Nolan Batman fought with a gun!

Then you have this round which is a instant win one shot wonder. Incendiary! Skip to 1:00

How is Batman dealing with a burning death or suffocation from no oxygen/burning lungs?

#30 Edited by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman requires very specific setups to take Dredd. He either has to lay one helluva trap for him, remove his firearm to make this a straight up fist fight (which Dredd still has a shot of winning), or use stealth to take him out. Dredd just has to shoot Bats, and in this scenario a couple of explosive rounds close to Batman's vicinity could easily turn the fight to Dredd's favor. Dredd's high tech firearm and Old Testament mentality make this a very uphill battle for Bats. I'm inclined to give Dredd a majority of say 7/10.

#31 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
@shallbecomeabattoo said:

Can not believe the BIAS against movie Batman around here. He may not be on the comic versions level, but apart from super powered characters, he would take out anything you throw at him, when he is in his prime.

There are few things the CV community has more scorn for than Nolan's Batman trilogy. I thank god everyday that these basement dwellers have minimal influence on the Hollywood offerings we get.

If it came to hand-to-hand, which I think it would under the given scenario, there's nothing in the Dredd movie to suggest he would be able to hang with Bale's Batman at close range.

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shallbecomeabattoo said:

There are few things the CV community has more scorn for than Nolan's Batman trilogy. I thank god everyday that these basement dwellers have minimal influence on the Hollywood offerings we get.

If it came to hand-to-hand, which I think it would under the given scenario, there's nothing in the Dredd movie to suggest he would be able to hang with Bale's Batman at close range.

Thank god all the mommas basement dwelling comic lovers who think in real life you can dodge bullets with back flips are not in our Nations Military, Police Force, or even Mall Security. That crap does not work in real life.

People need to get a dose of reality. Range Firepower of 6 different weapon systems > 6 foot man dress like a bat trying to sneak around for H2H fight.

#33 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

The Minigun scene is the best scene, but my absolute favorite part occurs here, right after it. It just shows how big of a badass who doesn't care about anything (except the law) he is. Skip to 2:15

#34 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Dredd has to hit Batman with one of his ammo types first and Bruces skill in the Nolan movies shows that this would not be easy. The guys who shoot at Bats in Nolans films are highly trained mercenaries/ninjas. Nothing Dredd does in the movie shows that he is a infinitely better shot than them. Yes he is better, but not that much as to give Bruce problems. Apart from that, as I stated before, the Lawgiver would not be much of a factor, after Bruce disables it with an EMP pulse.

You can talk about ammo and guns all you want, Batman is used to that. He gets up close to Dredd and its over for the Judge. Dredd has NOTHING on Bruce hand to hand and would die in a hand to hand scenario against more than 2 trained men.

I mean your opinion is your opinion and I like that you are so passionate about this (as am I), but in my mind, you couldn't be more wrong.

Still, fair play, man! We won't convince each other anyway. And for the record, I am a big Dredd fan. He is a cool dude.

#35 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
@cadencev2 said:

Thank god all the mommas basement dwelling comic lovers who think in real life you can dodge bullets with back flips are not in our Nations Military, Police Force, or even Mall Security. That crap does not work in real life.

And who's been saying that it does work in real life? What kind of people are you hanging out with, that you would feel the need to point out such an obvious fact? Do your acquaintances have trouble remembering that things such as gravity exist also? God, the wisdom you must dispense! What would people do without you?

People need to get a dose of reality. Range Firepower of 6 different weapon systems > 6 foot man dress like a bat trying to sneak around for H2H fight.

We're basing this on fictitious characters, as shown in the movies. If you're going to purposely depower the characters to accommodate the laws of real life, you must therefore also argue that Batman beats Superman in a fist fight because superpowers charged by the Sun could never exist in real life. Derp.

#36 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shallbecomeabattoo: We will agree to disagree then. I actually am not a Dredd fan, and rate Batman the Dark Knight tied as Number 1 Comic to Movie with Punisher. Not Punisher War Journal, that crap was such garbage!

#37 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Dredd takes this. Let's take a look at each character:

Experience

If this is DKR version of Batman that mean's he's went through three big events in his life, the League of Shadow's attack on Gotham, the Jokers reign of terror and Bane's takeover, in between each of these Batman has fought common thugs, Gotham is a ruff city but this isn't the comic book version and apart from the afore mentioned events most of the time Gotham isn't any worse the some of crappier cities in real life . Bruce has maybe spent about 5 active years as Batman with an 8 year gap between DK and DKR that's a pretty short amount of time in the grand scheme of things and the only pepole in that time to really test him physically was Bane and Ras.

At the start of Dredd, Jo is already a vet shown to be highly respected by the Hall of Justice's upper brass and tasked with helping train rookies, he's shown to be well versed in street smarts, strategy and the Rule of Law also Judge Dredd patrols Mega City One, a city that covers the ENTIRE eastern seaboard, that is a hell of a lot more territory to cover than Gotham and not only that but MC1 is a city that's went over the edge, it's almost complete anarchy with riots murders and straight up block wars happening on a daily basis, the citizen to judge ratio is so small (1 to 10,000 in the comic) that some blocks rarely even see them at that allows gangs to run some blocks like there own personal forts, even the events that take place during DREDD are implied to happen on a daily basis.

Winner: Dredd

Gear

Batman's standard gear would include his bat suit that is resistant to small arms fire directed at centre of mass but it's unknown whether it would hold up to sustained fire, it's also shown to be weak against piercing weapons and blunt force trauma, it's also unlikely to protect against armor piercing rounds or explosives. As for Batman's ranged weapons he has his Batarangs and grappling gun (has he ever used it in an offensive manner?) Bat's may also come equpped with smoke pellets and eh Bat caller thing.

Dredd Is going to come equipped with a fully loaded Lawgiver Mk II that contains seven different modes of fire contained in three separate magazines, Hotshot (superheated round) Rapid (fully automatic) Full Metal Jacket (empties mag) High Ex (high explosives) Incendiary (white phosphorus) AP (armor piercing) Stun (electric discharge), the Lawgiver is DNA specific so that only it's owner can use it without it self-destructing (not that that matters since Bats wouldn't touch it) Dredd will also have number of stun and gas grenades. As for Dredd's armor and helmet it's bullet resistant but not bullet proof as shown when he's shot and wounded by armor piercing rounds but this is of little consequence since it will serve as enough protection against batarangs and blunt force.

Winner: Dredd

Physicals

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Batman comes out on top in this category, we actually get to see his training and he shows his fighting prowess by taking out almost every adversary by hand to hand and only ever really having problems with Bane and Ras.

Dredd is a competent brawler and will be well trained by the Hall of Justice but we don't really get to see much of it on screen, the only h2h is short and brutal and Jo seems to struggle slightly, his only advantage would be his pain soak since he was able to take a AP round to the gut and after clamping it keep on chugging like it was nothing.

Winner: Batman

Recap:

So in short if Batman get's in close his skill will eventually overpower Dredd's damage soak and take him down BUT Dredd has to much tactical skill and the long range firepower to allow that to happen.

DREDD WINS

#38 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: That's gotta be argument of the week if Dredd ends up winning (which he should).

#39 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by patrat18 (9743 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by GraphicBio (3 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Judge Dredd. Batman is not the law. I am the law.

#42 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR was great.

#43 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is why Batman wins.

Batman wins because he has had three movies to show what he is capable of. In the first movie we see him train, fight, and defeat ra's al ghul. He also defeats the scarecrow. In the midst of all that he shows his brain power and inventing skills. Then we have the second movie where you outsmarts one of the craziest and most unpredictable villains of all time.....the joker. once again in the midst of all this he shows various skills and strategizing features. Last but not least we have the third film. He defeated an amazing and skilled fighter, bane. He also managed to climb out of an almost inescapable prison and lets not forget getting rid of a nuke before it exploded. Now if you ask me.....that's a crap ton of skill and ability. Not to mention the number of thugs he took down.

Then we have dredd. In this movie we see dredd take down a ton of street leveled thugs. Ok big deal, batman has done that three times over. And not to mention dredd had a sidekick. We then see him defeat other judges. Which is very impressive....but once again we have seen batman defeat strong villains himself. Also we see dredd get shot and soon to be killed if not for his sidekick. cool.

We have only seen one dredd movie! Thus we cannot say we truly know his capabilities. To me dredd didn't prove too much to me. Whereas the batman trilogy was filled with batman's skills and abilities.

Batman outsmarts and defeats dredd. It is a clear victory to me.

#44 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@trauma: There are some definite flaws in your argument when you discuss Batman's DKR feats. He beat Bane with what looked like a lucky strike to his mask and, besides, that only made it 1-1 between them. Bane destroyed Bruce in their first encounter. Also, a child escaped that prison. I know it was the child of Ra's al Ghul, but it doesn't impress me that Batman equalled a kid's feat. Batman's most incredible DKR feat was the ability to screw with continuity and consistent plotting.

#45 Posted by kcvic (44 posts) - - Show Bio

All movie Batman cared about was chicks... meeting Rachel then when she dies cries and hangs up the cowl for 8 years....finds and makes out with Thalia..can we get Damien next? ... then quits again when he finds catwoman....

so Dredd wins he only sleeps 10 mins per day and crime fights the rest

this is movie batman not comic batman there is a huge difference TDK trilogy was a love story

#46 Edited by Bobsjonjon (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale Batman is the worst!

#47 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7733 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman, including the Nolan movies, and don't like Dredd too much as a character, even though his movie was fun, but I am giving my vote to Dredd.

When it comes to hand to hand, yes, Batman has been better trained, but training does not mean you are automatically a better fighter. That's a fallacy. Batman's two fights against Bane, while entertaining, did not make him impressive or show off any great skill. In fact, he seemed a bit amateurish. He was stiff, and gave off the impression as more of a brawler than trained fighter. His best hand to hand showing was against Ras Al-Ghul, but even there Ras had the upper hand till just before the impending train collapse distracted Ras. Dredd's fighting is far from refined, and lacks finesse, but it is direct, brutal, and effective. Dredd would hit with the intent to break, and maim, not simply incapacitate as Batman would.

Tactically, Bruce in the Nolan movies is not shown to be the expert he is in the comic books. Not to say he isn't tactically savvy, but no more so than the average trained combatant. Perhaps his best moment was in TDK against the SWAT team, but he had Fox's help. Not to mention police and military forces are always reduced to a level of laughable incompetence in most superhero formats. Dredd showed sound tactical awareness of his environment, and what ammunition was best to use based on the situation. His approach is more run-and-gun, but it is not devoid of thought. I'd say they're about equal in this department.

Ranged, Dredd has a significant advantage. Let's face it, guns shoot further than bat-a-rangs can be thrown. Plus Dredd' variety of ammunition types allow him to adjust as Batman closes in, whereas Batman has only really shown his standard bat-a-rangs and his knock-out darts. Batman's best option is his EMP weapon (which we only saw once in three movies, so I don't think it is standard) to knock out street lights and close the distance, but Dredd can still shoot at close range. Dredd is also a very good shot, starting at 50 feet, it's entirely possible that Dredd can hurt Batman with a few good shots. Batman's suit is bullet-resistant, not bullet-proof, so it stands to reason that the rounds will still hurt and not be shrugged off. Hell, when it comes to Bat's suit remember that a dog bit through the old one in TDK and his new suit had a knife get through it.

The big edge for me here is mindset. Both perceive the other as a villain. Which means Dredd, from the word go, will be willing to use, and will use, lethal force. Batman doesn't kill, and holds back because of this. In the real world, seeking to capture an enemy that can and is trying to kill you puts you at greater risk yourself, and that is what will happen here. Also, in the real world, a gun vs fists the gun has an edge every time. I know neither character exists in the real world, but their characters are portrayed as being such. Dredd goes for the execution, and holds nothing back. He is fanatically committed to "justice", and nothing will stop him.

I give this to movie Dredd 8/10 times.

#48 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7733 posts) - - Show Bio

As a military member, this made me laugh. And laugh hard. I approve this message.

As for the fight Dredd just brings the more rounded battle plan. I gave my winded explanation, but it really gives him a huge advantage.

#49 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Onemoreposter (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd was just too badass. Sorry Batman.